PDA

View Full Version : BNP by-election campaigner arrested over 'racist attack'

Beorn
04-15-2009, 07:59 PM
BNP by-election campaigner arrested over 'racist attack'

A FRIGHTENED mum-of-two has been left too scared (???) to leave her home after she was allegedly called a ‘nigger’ by a British National Party (BNP) canvasser during a racist tirade in front of her five year old son.
Shirlene Tobin, of Wanstead, has refused to leave her house since the incident - on Tuesday evening - during which she alleges the female BNP activist told her to ‘come to me because I don’t come to niggers’ when she tried to hand back a political leaflet that was posted through her front door.

The 43 year-old - who works as a nurse at Whipps Cross University Hospital - called the police immediately after the alleged attack at about 7.30pm - which she said has left her fearing for her family’s safety. :rolleyes:
She said: “I couldn’t believe what this woman said to me in the middle of the street in front of my son.
“I walked after her to try and give the leaflet back but got a load of racist abuse.
“She told me to run to her because ‘niggers should be used to running.’ “This is the first time I’ve suffered racist abuse like this. I moved to Wanstead from Stratford because it has a special village community character, and then this happens.

“My neighbour has been brilliant and supported me, but I have been unable to leave the house since this happened. I’m worried about what might happen to me and my children.
“My husband is Irish, and black and Irish people in our parents generation suffered abuse like this, but I didn’t think this would happen to me today, in a place like Wanstead.
“My son is on his Easter holidays from school, and we were going to go out and look at the bluebells in the park, but I don’t feel safe to do that now.”
John Evans - who is standing as the BNP candidate in the upcoming Wanstead ward by-election - played down Mrs Tobin’s claims.
He said: “I am aware of this incident but knowing the BNP members in this area as I do I am sure none of them would have done this.
“As our leader Nick Griffin has made clear - anyone found bringing the name of the British National Party into disrepute will be expelled with immediate affect.”

Source (http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/4292232.WANSTEAD__BNP_by_election_campaigner_arres ted_over__racist_attack_/)

Can anyone else smell that big porky sizzling on the pan?

Treffie
04-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Well, someone's lying.

Loyalist
04-15-2009, 11:58 PM
This looks like a complete lie; the article states an arrest was made, but gives no information on who was arrested or for what offence. There is no mention of any such incident on the BNP website, or about any members being arrested. Even if there is any truth to the story, it could just as well be a saboteur looking to hurt the party's image. Further to that, even without all the facts clarified, this news outlet has chosen to post a lengthy, tear-jerking (:rolleyes:) story slamming that "racist" party for ruining some poor Negro's enjoyment of life.

There will be plenty more of these articles, all similarly exaggerated and blown out of proportion, now that Labour has conceded the BNP is heading for success in the European elections in June.

Beorn
04-16-2009, 12:03 AM
It's a straight down the line lie, alright! It's one more story for the anti-racist, anti-fascist brigade to wield in its attempts to hinder the BNPs rise to power.

I personally think they blew it when they wrote this:

“My son is on his Easter holidays from school, and we were going to go out and look at the bluebells in the park, but I don’t feel safe to do that now.”

:rolleyes2: Bluebells are a weed. Perhaps this is new street slang.

Catuvellaunian
04-27-2009, 08:57 PM
If this is true, which I doubt, then that women is milking it for all its worth. So what, you got called nigger. Oh well, I've been called fascist, nazi and racist scum before, doesn't bother me one bit. In fact it only makes me more determined to go and do something about it. I'm sensing a cheque from labour might have been sent this womans way before she came out with the story.

British and Proud
04-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Indeed, she looks terrified:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zp0h1YAc0Co/SeYQlzaat4I/AAAAAAAAFcQ/AIB0YQeARm8/s400/sherlenetobin.jpg

This version of events is from The Green Arrow's website:

The Green Arrow can tell you this, although one of our lady activists was detained, she was released without charge and I hope to have a statement later this evening. She completely refutes these allegations and may consider legal action after seeking advice.

The chain of events leading up to our lady activists arrest is as follows, she, along with several elderly lady activists was confronted by an agitated and extremely abusive Ms Tobin, a notorious Screamer. Tobin a large woman, was considerably larger than any of our female activists and certainly did not appear to be in fear of anything or anyone and if anything tried to physically intimidate our people.

After trying to ignore The Screamer, the BNP activists moved off. Then, as they continued with their duties, our activist was amazed when she was picked up by the police and detained for over an hour.

source (http://isupporttheresistance.blogspot.com/2009/04/bnp-activist-falsely-accused-in.html).

She's so frightened that she poses for a picture which is published in her local rag?! I don't think so.

Vulpix
04-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Indeed, she looks terrified:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zp0h1YAc0Co/SeYQlzaat4I/AAAAAAAAFcQ/AIB0YQeARm8/s400/sherlenetobin.jpg

^ Hardly a tiny thing :tongue...

Maelstrom
04-28-2009, 12:20 PM

Looks as though she wasn't too scared to leave home after all.... :rolleyes:

Catuvellaunian
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Its funny she looks exactly like I pictured her. I know her type so well I can actually hear her whiny sanctimonious decendaant-ov-da-slaves-maan accent when I read it. :p

Interesting the way she kept the leaflet she so despised, like she was planning that picture...

SwordoftheVistula
04-30-2009, 12:12 AM
[CENTER]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zp0h1YAc0Co/SeYQlzaat4I/AAAAAAAAFcQ/AIB0YQeARm8/s400/sherlenetobin.jpg[/CENTER

"An den I sed, dis ain't no fry chicken menu!"