PDA

View Full Version : How India became so unequal?

Methuselah
06-03-2023, 09:16 PM
discuss please

Voskos
06-03-2023, 09:39 PM
It's probably the indoeuropean tribes that introduced the caste system and fucked it all up. I've talked to southern indians who are more or less indigenous ASI peoples and noticed they differ from the northerners in that they have a less politically correct behaviour but also in the fact that they seem to be more humble, and less wannabes. Ironically I was told the south has faster development in terms of scientific innovation.

Methuselah
06-03-2023, 09:49 PM
It's probably the indoeuropean tribes that introduced the caste system and fucked it all up. I've talked to southern indians who are more or less indigenous ASI peoples and noticed they differ from the northerners in that they have a less politically correct behaviour but also in the fact that they seem to be more humble, and less wannabes. Ironically I was told the south has faster development in terms of scientific innovation.

So its not about religion?

Voskos
06-03-2023, 10:08 PM
So its not about religion?

The Vedas are liturgical texts which formed the basis of the influential Brahmanical ideology, which developed in the Kuru Kingdom, a tribal union of several Indo-Aryan tribes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedic_period

Petalpusher
06-03-2023, 11:44 PM

I think indeed the visual element (skin color) facilited it, to take root, than elsewhere. However today the most multiracial places tend to be more inegalitarian as well (given enough time) except it's the reverse mechanism at work, racial inequalities recreating a neo cast system.

Occiput in Starlight
06-03-2023, 11:59 PM
I have never had a negative interaction with a Dravidian language speaker.