PDA

View Full Version : NZ elections

antipodean
11-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Well the elections here in NZ are over and as predicted National "won" back in again. I can't believe NZers are so stupid to vote for selling of our "assets" and forcing beneficiaries into slavery. Thats "democracy" for you.... Labour campaigned against asset sales of National, and National openly stated on bill-boards "tax & welfare incentives to work" (after already bringing in the "social assistance" ("work testing") bill/act this last term). Seems people still vote just for who the party leader is ("strong leaders") and for tax-cuts.
The only "positive" change is NZ First gained 8 seats partly due to the wellington team campaign.of ben craven & co. Maybe next election in 3 years will see more (if some of us aren't destroyed by then).
Greens seem to be the 3rd party lately, I miss Social Credit who used to be that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_general_election,_2011

These are the main parties here:
Act (brash)
Alliance (anderton?) *?
Asia-pacific united party
Christian coalition [defunct?] *?
Christian democrats [defunct]
Christian heritage [defunct] *?
Citizens (local only)
Coalition party *?
Communist league ??
Conservative
Democratic labour party (lee) [defunct] *?
nz Democrats for social credit *
Destiny nz (tamaki) *?
Direct democracy *
Future nz [or united future nz]
Greens
Hapu party
Independent
Kiwi party
Labour party (goff)
aotearoa Legalize marijuana/legalise cannibis
Libertarianz (perago)
Mana party ; Mana motuhake ?
Maori party
McGullicudy serious
National democrats (foljambe) *
National party (nationalist party/united-reform alliance) (key)
Natural law ?
New citizens party
New labour (anderton) [defunct see progressive/alliance]
Nz first (peters) ?
Nz party (jones) [defunct]
One nz party / One nation party (hanson) *
Our nz
Pirate
Progressive green
ja's Progressive/alliance (anderton) *?
Reform party [?] *?
Republican
Social credit [defunct see nz democrats] *
Sovereignty party
United (dunne) /
United future nz (dunne)
Values party [defunct].
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_New_Zealand

I don't know what the vote result for electoral system was. Years ago it was changed from fpp (first past the post) mmp (mixed members proportional), prsumably nzers voted to continue with mmp. Personally I think mmp is no better than fpp because any party that doesn't agree with mainstream system paries still has to get as many votes as 1 or both of the main 2 parties (Natl & Lab) otherwise its still Nat/Lab that has the say.

In the end it doesn't matter who gets in, even if there was a national revolution, since all human systems (without God) are flawed and all through history and world some of us suffer and have less while some have more.