PDA

View Full Version : In your school, how common were mixed-race children and what sorts of mixes were they?

Tooting Carmen
06-27-2023, 01:25 PM
In my first primary school, I did know two half-English half-Kenyan Indian children (they were my neighbours in fact), two half-English half-Mauritian Indian brothers, maybe up to a handful of White-Black mixes and a half-English half-Egyptian girl. In my second primary school, there were some White-Black mixes too. In my first secondary school, there was a half-Italian half-Caribbean, a half-English half-Antiguan, a few other White-Black mixes, a Chinese-Zimbabwean mix, a Black-Indian girl. In my second secondary school, I knew a half-Indian half-Filipino, a half-English half-Iranian, a half-English half-Palestinian, a few more White-Black mixes.

Khinerai
06-27-2023, 01:27 PM
Very common mostly half black half white mixesz and latin americans

Beowulf
06-27-2023, 01:28 PM
Not very common in my school but there was a colombian with a german surname and he just looked mestizo and also there was a half spanish half chinese girl.

Victor
06-27-2023, 01:30 PM
No mixed race, I had three Jews in my class and like 6 people of Russian/Ukrainian origin, but even no Russian minorities (I've attended school from 1992 to 2002).

Jambudvīpa
06-27-2023, 01:40 PM
Very common mostly half black half white mixesz and latin americans

half black in Mexico? did their parent come from Cuba or Colombia?

Jambudvīpa
06-27-2023, 01:43 PM
I knew of a decent amount of mixed race people, white/black, white/asian (I think Korean), black/asian, white/latino, mena/Asian in elementary/middle/high school.

In college I met a Indian/white person. There might be more that I'm not remembering right now.

eastern
06-27-2023, 01:50 PM
half black in Mexico? did their parent come from Cuba or Colombia?

He isnt mexican from what I know. Filipino from the US if i remember correctly.

Jambudvīpa
06-27-2023, 01:52 PM

why is he calling himself a Mestizo with a MX flag? troll?

eastern
06-27-2023, 01:53 PM
why is he calling himself a Mestizo with a MX flag? troll?

Half troll half not. Does believe Filipino's are "mestizo" although he is just Filipino and Chinese. Profile description = trolling, he himself is a half troll. He knows that and acknowledges it though

Mortimer
06-27-2023, 01:58 PM
No non whites nor mixes nor gypsies except me

Incal
06-27-2023, 03:47 PM

That's what he says, but me and some other latino members are starting to suspect that...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzP4E1AXgAcfDxc?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

eastern
06-27-2023, 03:53 PM
That's what he says, but me and some other latino members are starting to suspect that...

Youre telling me you think Laredo = Khinerai??? I mean...if thats the case that's like the shock of the century ngl.

I did see Khinerai before. Ive seen his face, or at least what he claims is his face (and it wasnt trolling, like it was through DMs dead serious, we did it for classification). But IDK....

Tooting Carmen
06-27-2023, 05:06 PM
May we stick to topic please?

Incal
06-27-2023, 11:27 PM
Youre telling me you think Laredo = Khinerai??? I mean...if thats the case that's like the shock of the century ngl.

I did see Khinerai before. Ive seen his face, or at least what he claims is his face (and it wasnt trolling, like it was through DMs dead serious, we did it for classification). But IDK....

I'm not 100% sure but it's a possibility. Specially since both rank high on the OWD charts and the flip said some Mexico cities are fully euro. Quite suspicious...

Khinerai
06-28-2023, 12:20 AM
I'm not 100% sure but it's a possibility. Specially since both rank high on the OWD charts and the flip said some Mexico cities are fully euro. Quite suspicious...

I dont appreciate you calling me flip, its a derogatory term

Khinerai
06-28-2023, 12:25 AM

How am I OWD, im litereally number 1 enjoyer of female amerindian visuals

Incal
06-28-2023, 12:29 AM
I dont appreciate you calling me flip, its a derogatory term

Last time I was in the US it was perfectly normal, sorry dude but you keep changing the words meaning every freaking week. I can't keep track of 'em all.

How am I OWD, im litereally number 1 enjoyer of female amerindian visuals

Because you love to post euro/flip mixes.

axel.aleman
06-28-2023, 01:43 AM
All the staff and students must be mixed race in my case

Khinerai
06-28-2023, 02:14 AM
Last time I was in the US it was perfectly normal, sorry dude but you keep changing the words meaning every freaking week. I can't keep track of 'em all.

Because you love to post euro/flip mixes.

This is a Euro forum, what do you expect

calxpal
06-28-2023, 02:36 AM
Very uncommon, but largely White/Mexican or Latin American of some form. There were also a few half White half Pacific Islander children I remember as well and also a few half White half Roma children. There were probably others as well I imagine, although the school was very much predominantly White (as a note I went to school in the US).

WhatsGoingOnBigGuy
06-28-2023, 03:11 AM
Every black and hispanic person in the US is basically mixed by default with the former having roughly 15-20% Euro admix and the latter obviously being usually 50-65%.

That being said, there were only 3 kids in my school I was aware of that visibly had parents of different races. 2 being twins with a White father and Asian mother, and the other a girl with an Asian father and White mother. My school was probably 98% White so I didn't see much. There was huge euro diversity though.

Mortimer
06-28-2023, 04:12 AM
Very uncommon, but largely White/Mexican or Latin American of some form. There were also a few half White half Pacific Islander children I remember as well and also a few half White half Roma children. There were probably others as well I imagine, although the school was very much predominantly White (as a note I went to school in the US).

Really? How did you got along with them? I wouldnt have thought you met Roma in Canada or the US? Usually people say they never met a Roma. Were they good people?

calxpal
06-28-2023, 04:25 AM
Really? How did you got along with them? I wouldnt have thought you met Roma in Canada or the US? Usually people say they never met a Roma. Were they good people?

Yeah I knew a few part Roma (half or quarter Roma) in the US, in Canada I haven't met any. A few were good friends and one of them was my closest friend for a while, she was very nice and fun and loyal for a while, but to be honest but she wasn't perfect, and her sister was cool too. Unfortunately I've lost touch with them now and they don't talk to me anymore, but I know they worked hard however they did have a little bit of trouble with discrimination. So yeah they were good people for the most part, they were nicer than most people I met. I hope I can communicate with them again.

Mortimer
06-28-2023, 05:01 AM
Yeah I knew a few part Roma (half or quarter Roma) in the US, in Canada I haven't met any. A few were good friends and one of them was my closest friend for a while, she was very nice and fun and loyal for a while, but to be honest but she wasn't perfect, and her sister was cool too. Unfortunately I've lost touch with them now and they don't talk to me anymore, but I know they worked hard however they did have a little bit of trouble with discrimination. So yeah they were good people for the most part, they were nicer than most people I met. I hope I can communicate with them again.

Nice.

Mortimer
06-28-2023, 05:14 AM

Go a bit more into detail please. Thanks. Im now very curious.

Petalpusher
06-28-2023, 05:54 AM
Those who i encountered during my years were i think all from oversea territories, so the Thierry Henry or Varane type. In my football club, same kind but more, some with Portuguese/Cape verdan background as well, and one actual mulatto who ended up playing for a big European club.

alnortedelsur
06-28-2023, 06:07 AM
I mentioned it in other threads already, but since that's this thread topic, here we go:

Back in Venezuela (when I went to private high schools in Caracas), in a class of around 30 students, like 8 to 12 students (like one third of the class) were full/near full European (3-4 white people of recent Spanish origin and Spanish surnames, 3-4 with Portuguese surnames, 3-4 with Italian surnames, and maybe one person in the class of German origin (it wasn't unusual), and occasionally there were someone in the class of some more "exotic" European origin like Croatian, Greek, etc), like another third part of the class (8-10 students) were castizos, and the rest of the class (like 8-10 people or so) were more mixed people (a mix of balanced mestizos, mestizo-leaning triracials, etc., with maybe 2-4 people with more obvious African traits).

Those of the around two thirds of the class who were not part of white/near-whites had Spanish surnames in most cases.

Is funny that I'm mostly of Spanish descent on my Euro side, but for having an Italian surname, my classmates often assumed that I was part of the "Italians" (ie. people of full or mostly Italian stock) in the class, lol

When I lived in Palo Negro (a satellite city south of Maracay) on my puberty (I was living in there when I was between 10-13 years old) there were less whites/near whites and castizos (maybe 3-5 white people, and 2-4 castizos in the class), compared to the private schools I attended in Caracas, but most of the rest of the class was more uniformly a mix of mestizoid-leaning triracials and more plain mestizo looking people (for what I can remember). People with more obvious African traits (like looking 30-40% black or above) were also minority of maybe 3-4 people in a class of about maybe 30 students. Something like what I'm going to show when I open threads of Aragua and Carabobo, and show schools in interior (non-coastal) towns and cities of those two states.

Ellethwyn
06-28-2023, 06:18 AM
Not common in my elementary school, but in high school there were a few. Mostly latino/white.

White Swan
06-28-2023, 07:05 AM
I'm from one of those places where it was noticed if a single black kid was in class, and the few who went to my school were known as "bad boys", but icky because of their behavior, always getting suspended for being rude and violent. We had one 1st Gen chinese girl whose mom made us Chinese food once a year. Once I was in middle school I found myself in a group containing the few multicultural girls there were, a Japanese, a Romanian, and an Arabic girl, all 1st Gen. I didn't have enough worldview to do this on purpose, it just happened, I was the white girl in the group lol a few of my white friends tagged along occasionally, but most of them were mainly in the popular group and I was too shy to go with them so I accumulated these other shy girls. They were shy because they weren't white/newer to English/etc. I think I felt most comfortable on the sidelines for several reasons. I realize now lol. Glad I had them as friends even though I'm not into diluting cultures with multiculturalism. Good life experience.

Culture shock when I moved to Florida, I could go on about that, but they were not "friendlies" as the multiracial girls in my group in school were. Retrospectively, they made sure to comment to eachother how I was from what they saw as a "small town" which to them meant "white". They also told me outright that I wasn't supposed to be there, I wasn't "cultured" enough to fit in.

calxpal
06-28-2023, 07:24 AM
Go a bit more into detail please. Thanks. Im now very curious.

I know they were unfortunately taunted at school a few times for their parents being immigrants (not just about being part Roma) and excluded and judged a few times during school because of their background. I know they talked about being told things like "go back to where you came from" a few times. I'm not sure if they encountered slurs or anything like that, I don't believe they did. I remember them mentioning their parents had a hard time getting jobs but this could also be because they were immigrants and not just because they were part Roma.

Cristiano viejo
06-28-2023, 09:07 AM
All of us were 100% Spanish until that we were 17 years old. Then a black guy came into our classroom. Literally the first black in my city (well, he and his family).

Nice times...

Gallop
06-28-2023, 03:06 PM
In my school days there were no mixed-race children.

The first time I saw a black man I was 12 years old, he gave me a Superman movie card.

Incal
06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
All of us were 100% Spanish until that we were 17 years old. Then a black guy came into our classroom. Literally the first black in my city (well, he and his family).

Nice times...

In my school days there were no mixed-race children.

The first time I saw a black man I was 12 years old, he gave me a Superman movie card.

What's happened to Spain and immigration has been too drastic...

Annihilus
06-29-2023, 05:59 PM
oeps sorry

Sebastianus Rex
07-01-2023, 03:24 AM
Not common, maybe 1 or 2 % max.

Laredo
07-01-2023, 04:15 AM

As I said before I would never pass myself as Filipino you delusional obsessed piece of shit. unlike the Filipino I actually have European ancestry.