PDA

View Full Version : Classify Australian mixed martial artist Robert Whittaker - Pseudo Central Asian?

Jambudvīpa
07-07-2023, 01:05 PM

Does he look Turk?

oszkar07
07-07-2023, 01:45 PM
He is i believe mixed half anglo-saxon heritage half Maori,

Personally i don't think he looks Turk, but i agree his eyes has kind of asiatic look-but i suspect that coming from his po.ynesian side ...i think polynesians historically were from asia way way back.

Scandal
07-07-2023, 01:50 PM

Personally i don't think he looks Turk, but i agree his eyes has kind of asiatic look-but i suspect that coming from his po.ynesian side ...i think polynesians historically were from asia way way back.
Polynesians like Maoris are an ancient mix, around 3/4 East Asian + 1/4 Australoid (or maybe more like 2/3 + 1/3)

Robert Whittaker looks Mexican rather than anything else.

Jambudvīpa
07-07-2023, 01:56 PM

yeah the current theory is that the proto Austronesians (which Polynesians are a part of) emigrated from Taiwan.

where do you think he passes best?

Khinerai
07-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Polynesians like Maoris are an ancient mix, around 3/4 East Asian + 1/4 Australoid (or maybe more like 2/3 + 1/3)

Robert Whittaker looks Mexican more than anything else.

Arent polynesians like half proto-austronesian(paleo-mongoloid) and half australooid

Scandal
07-07-2023, 02:23 PM
Arent polynesians like half proto-austronesian(paleo-mongoloid) and half australooid

They're more Mongoloid than Australoid. Not half-half.

"Analysis by Kayser et al. (2008) discovered that only 21% of the Polynesian autosomal gene pool is of Australo-Melanesian origin, with the rest (79%) being of Austronesian origin.[22] Another study by Friedlaender et al. (2008) also confirmed that some Polynesians are closer genetically to Micronesians, Taiwanese Aborigines, and Islander Southeast Asians than to Papuans."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polynesians#Genetic_studies

Khinerai
07-07-2023, 02:42 PM
They're more Mongoloid than Australoid. Not half-half.

"Analysis by Kayser et al. (2008) discovered that only 21% of the Polynesian autosomal gene pool is of Australo-Melanesian origin, with the rest (79%) being of Austronesian origin.[22] Another study by Friedlaender et al. (2008) also confirmed that some Polynesians are closer genetically to Micronesians, Taiwanese Aborigines, and Islander Southeast Asians than to Papuans."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polynesians#Genetic_studies

Interesting, because they look alot different from filipinos