PDA

View Full Version : Afterlife in Judaism

Mortimer
07-12-2023, 07:03 AM
https://blog.judaicawebstore.com/afterlife-in-judaism/?utm_source=all%20not%20suppressed%20%28UVNUXr%29&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Afterlife%20Content%20Email%2023-07-12&utm_id=01H4JNE6T8Q9010ASPXX8VTH9E&utm_term=Afterlife%20in%20Judaism&_kx=_RIk5B68tKeHjLgcqrUU-_E1LHxdYlwIhPUlNtq2fpnaXS-tTYGLQ2vtpUzmY0OA.UVmcbU

Loki
07-12-2023, 07:49 AM
Very different from the Christian view, that would surprise some Christians. They don't have such a well defined concept of the afterlife. Because Christians know the truth, and they won't unless they humble themselves and receive Jesus, become born of the Spirit.

Like Muslims, Jews are not sure of their salvation.

renaissance12
07-12-2023, 08:01 AM
Jesus is the key of "evertything"... because Jesus is the only certain testimony we have of someone who has returned to life after death.. and that means that there is an afterlife..
Christianity means believing in the resurrection.
The gospels and the Bible ( jews) are important testimonies but it is the resurrection that underpins all of Christianity and much more..
Without the resurrection Jesus would have been one of the many preachers of the time.. almost all forgotten..

renaissance12
07-12-2023, 08:05 AM
Very different from the Christian view, that would surprise some Christians. They don't have such a well defined concept of the afterlife. Because Christians know the truth, and they won't unless they humble themselves and receive Jesus, become born of the Spirit.

There was a group of jews who did not believe in any afterlife..... or a sentient life after death

Loki
07-12-2023, 08:27 AM
There was a group of jews who did not believe in any afterlife..... or a sentient life after death

The Sadducees, I think.

renaissance12
07-12-2023, 08:36 AM
The Sadducees, I think.

I will check...( I think you are right..)

Mortimer
07-12-2023, 09:26 AM

Jesus is the key of "evertything"... because Jesus is the only certain testimony we have of someone who has returned to life after death.. and that means that there is an afterlife..
Christianity means believing in the resurrection.
The gospels and the Bible ( jews) are important testimonies but it is the resurrection that underpins all of Christianity and much more..
Without the resurrection Jesus would have been one of the many preachers of the time.. almost all forgotten..

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?374686-School-children-have-to-visit-mosque-instead-of-catholic-church-for-the-final-religious-service