PDA

View Full Version : Movie-Art with meaning or junk without meaning?

Leliana
12-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi! :)

Please have a seat and watch the following 8 minute-long short movie. I had a argument with a friend about whether the film is art and has a meaning or not. My friend thinks the movie has no sense, no meaning and is 'good-looking pseudo sophisticated trash'. :rolleyes2: But I think it's pure art on its highest form, and that it has a higher meaning I'm just not able to discern yet.

What do you think? Is there any sense or meaning in that video art? And what sense or meaning?

I'll share my thoughts after some replies: I don't want to have an impact on the impression of others by sharing my cogitations too early.

Best watch it in HQ and full-screen.

K7TJjjZ9yGw

Jake Featherston
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
...I think it's pure art on its highest form, and that it has a higher meaning I'm just not able to discern yet.

That position pretty much mirrors my own. Although I wonder if the higher meaning to which you refer might not exist without the knowledge of the piece's creator? Lke it may be somehow innate to the cinematic artifact, but still unknown to the people who made it? Such speculation probably derives from by bias against Hollywood-types, from whom this film apparently emanates. I find it very difficult to associate those people with anything other than trickery and gimmicks.