PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for an atlanto med to look like a nordid type?

New brother
08-22-2023, 10:54 PM
I'm atlanto med and my dad is some nordid type because he's blue eyed, light brown hair, and pink skin, and we're almost the same.

NSXD60
08-23-2023, 12:28 AM
There are 2 types of Atlantids, Med Atlantid and North (Nord) Atlantid, the latter consisting of significant P.I.E. aka Steppe ancestry, the first having little to none, being swarthier and having slightly less chiseled facial features, with many individuals possessing jet black hair (not all) rather than the usual dark brown of North Atlantids, but head shape is approximately the same.

New brother
08-23-2023, 12:47 AM
There are 2 types of Atlantids, Med Atlantid and North (Nord) Atlantid, the latter consisting of significant P.I.E. aka Steppe ancestry, the first having little to none, being swarthier and having slightly less chiseled facial features, with many individuals possessing jet black hair (not all) rather than the usual dark brown of North Atlantids, but head shape is approximately the same.

But it is not our case.

NSXD60
08-23-2023, 01:12 AM
There are exceptions with lighter hair labeled as Atlantid also, nothing is 100% in physical anthropology.

Xacal
08-23-2023, 06:29 AM
Aren't Nordids supposedly depigmented Meds?

New brother
08-23-2023, 06:37 AM
I just find it strange that my father is Nordid and I am Atlanto Mediterranid and we look alike.

Grace O'Malley
08-23-2023, 06:57 AM
I just find it strange that my father is Nordid and I am Atlanto Mediterranid and we look alike.

That's because people classifying are just giving an opinion based on outdated anthropology. Genetically you and your father shared approximately 50%. People can look different from a parent if for example one is English and the other is Nigerian. That's a fairly obvious thing but even if the same ethnicity one can take after one parent more than the other.