PDA

View Full Version : Classify two Caucasian rebels

Bloodraven
12-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Sheikh Mansur:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/Sheikh_Mansur_140-190_for_collage.jpg/176px-Sheikh_Mansur_140-190_for_collage.jpg

http://iberiana.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/sheikh-mansur.jpg

Sheikh al-Mansur ("The-Sustained") (1732–1794) was a Chechen leader who led the resistance against Catherine the Great's imperialist expansion into the Caucasus during the late 18th century. He remains a legendary national hero of the Chechen people.

Imam Shamil:

http://fccorn.people.wm.edu/russiasperiphery/4f5eb5db8fcb5761b6765f86f0b5a04a.jpg

http://islamdag.ru/sites/img/stati/2011/1kv/imam_Shamil_b.jpg

Imam Shamil (Avar: Шейх Шамил; Turkish: Şeyh Şamil; Russian: Имам Шамиль) (pronounced "Shameel") also spelled Shamyl, Schamil, Schamyl or Shameel (1797 – March 1871) was an Avar political and religious leader of the Muslim tribes of the Northern Caucasus. He was a leader of anti-Russian resistance in the Caucasian War and was the third Imam of the Caucasian Imamate (1834–1859)[1].

GeistFaust
12-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Both relatively good examples of Nord-Iranids and progressive as well from the looks of it.

Bloodraven
12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Both relatively good examples of Nord-Iranids and progressive as well from the looks of it.

Really? I think they are typical Armenids, but with longer heads(instead of the usual brachycephalic type you will find in the region).

Han Cholo
12-05-2011, 07:33 PM

More like an illusion between Mtebid/Dinarid/Armenoid/North-Pontid.

Raskolnikov
12-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Really? I think they are typical Armenids, but with longer heads(instead of the usual brachycephalic type you will find in the region). Well, that would be the basic difference between an Armenoid and an Iranid, but I would classify both as East Mediterranid/Pontid under a certain definition.

Another option.

Hurrem sultana
12-05-2011, 07:36 PM
the first one looks similar to how Europeans tend to imagine Jesus :)

GeistFaust
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM

They might have some Mtebid influences but when you mention North-Pontid I think that means you also see some Nord-Iranid. By the way the Mtebid is usually a robust variant of the Armenoid so there is no need to put in Dinarid and Armenoid as components. The Nord-Iranid could be a bit exaggerated in the pictures so it could be an illusion of sorts based off the depictions. ;)

GeistFaust
12-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Well, that would be the basic difference between an Armenoid and an Iranid, but I would classify both as East Mediterranid/Pontid under a certain definition.

Another option.

An East-Mediterranid/Pontid is similar to Iranid variants, but I see nothing East-Mediterranid about them perhaps a Nord-Iranid with some strong Mtebid influences.

Raskolnikov
12-05-2011, 07:46 PM
An East-Mediterranid/Pontid is similar to Iranid variants, but I see nothing East-Mediterranid about them perhaps a Nord-Iranid with some strong Mtebid influences.
Considering 'Nord-Iranid' doesn't refer to anything, and if it does, it is East Mediterranid variants, then I don't really see the point. I also don't understand the point of saying 'Nord' if we're speaking in English.

Bloodraven
12-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Well, that would be the basic difference between an Armenoid and an Iranid, but I would classify both as East Mediterranid/Pontid under a certain definition.

What's exactly an Iranid , anyway? Because North-Caucasian don't look like Iranians at all.

beaver
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
I didnt observe among my friends on the Western Caucasus so noble faces :) Maybe more or less like "Imam Shamil" from the series :) (one of the guys) But my best friend here is just from the one of the most noble Karachai families - he is a typical Pontid, tall, green eyed. Strong face features but not to this extent.

Bloodraven
12-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I didnt observe among my friends on the Western Caucasus so noble faces :) Maybe more or less like "Imam Shamil" from the series :) (one of the guys) But my best friend here is just from the one of the most noble Karachai families - he is a typical Pontid, tall, green eyed. Strong face features but not to this extent.

Never heard of Imam Shamil before? He was one of the most prominent figures in the 19th century Russia-Caucasus war.

beaver
12-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Never heard of Imam Shamil before? He was one of the most prominent figures in the 19th century Russia-Caucasus war
Sir, I was talking about my personal experience, not about books and Internet

Bloodraven
12-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Ah, k.

Elbegast
12-06-2011, 07:57 PM
They look pred. Mtebid, possibly with Iranid influence.

Bloodraven
12-06-2011, 08:00 PM
They look pred. Mtebid.

pred = ?

I see this term used a lot here. What does that mean?

Elbegast
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
pred = ?

Means predominantly.

beaver
12-06-2011, 08:16 PM
If you see fallid overall (and no more), you write - pred. fallid.

Bloodraven
12-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Any more opinions?