PDA

View Full Version : Was curious but had some questions

Pathfinder
10-01-2023, 08:20 AM

I was really curious as to what it looks like my ancestry is, I am not really looking for racial classification, all that mumbo jumbo if it's even a legitimate science, but I was moreso thinking of ethncity. I tried a few other places in the past, recently I was on reddit and I get really simple vague replies, like "middle eastern" or "south european" I was wondering why this is exactly, if there's more of a deeper explation because I had seen all these other people get more complicated responses or guesses that were quite precise, where as people do not even guess if I am mixed at all. I would also like to know, am I racially ambigious or something?

I was trying to figure out what looks different about me, one thing I realized is that I don't have really pronounced brow ridges like I notice a lot of people do, which makes me look different. I don't have a sloped forehead or anything like that, my nose is relatively straight and it's not really big or bulbous. I mean do I really look middle eastern? I looked at some arabians and south asians and it's hard to think that I straight up look like a brown midle eastern person, I mean maybe slightly, but it's kind of odd to me but I would appreciate honest thoughts.

~Elizabeth~
10-01-2023, 08:24 AM

I was really curious as to what it looks like my ancestry is, I am not really looking for racial classification, all that mumbo jumbo if it's even a legitimate science, but I was moreso thinking of ethncity. I tried a few other places in the past, recently I was on reddit and I get really simple vague replies, like "middle eastern" or "south european" I was wondering why this is exactly, if there's more of a deeper explation because I had seen all these other people get more complicated responses or guesses that were quite precise, where as people do not even guess if I am mixed at all. I would also like to know, am I racially ambigious or something?

I was trying to figure out what looks different about me, one thing I realized is that I don't have really pronounced brow ridges like I notice a lot of people do, which makes me look different. I don't have a sloped forehead or anything like that, my nose is relatively straight and it's not really big or bulbous. I mean do I really look middle eastern? I looked at some arabians and south asians and it's hard to think that I straight up look like a brown midle eastern person, I mean maybe slightly, but it's kind of odd to me but I would appreciate honest thoughts.

Your last photo makes you out to be a jew.

I suggest you take a DNA test.

I'm guessing you are mixed, and part North Indian (from India).

Pathfinder
10-01-2023, 08:32 AM
Your last photo makes you out to be a jew.

I suggest you take a DNA test.

I'm guessing you are mixed, and part North Indian (from India).

Why do people in person tell me I am white?

Most people in person have told me I am white, but I have recieved some really weird treatment from others I think due to my appearance. I have taken a DNA test, I am not expecting to find racism here, I don't want to make people uncomfortable but there are many reasons why I want to gain a more precise idea as to what people think I am. Like I don't think colored people accept me as colored, they would just slander me as white for some reason, but I don't know if that's entirely true. Only in the last few years did someone ask if I was part native american, because in Canada they call everyone who looks racially ambigious "native american" you could be italian and they would call you native american.

~Elizabeth~
10-01-2023, 08:35 AM
Why do people in person tell me I am white?

Most people in person have told me I am white, but I have recieved some really weird treatment from others I think due to my appearance. I have taken a DNA test, I am not expecting to find racism here, I don't want to make people uncomfortable but there are many reasons why I want to gain a more precise idea as to what people think I am.

You look Caucasian. In the USA you would be listed as White on a census.

Try a DNA test from this company.
https://www.ancestry.com/dna/

Pathfinder
10-01-2023, 08:36 AM
You look Caucasian. In the USA you would be listed as White on a census.

Try a DNA test from this company.
https://www.ancestry.com/dna/

Right I forgot to mention that, I am listed white on consensus. Do I look like an Ameri-mutt?

I did take an ancestry DNA test. I'll go more into detail later I guess?

~Elizabeth~
10-01-2023, 08:50 AM
Right I forgot to mention that, I am listed white on consensus. Do I look like an Ameri-mutt?

I did take an ancestry DNA test.

To some people you may look like an Ameri-mutt. You don't look Northwestern European but can pass for Southern European.

By the way, you are handsome and some people may be jealous and are just trying to bring you down.

Pathfinder
10-01-2023, 09:05 AM
To some people you may look like an Ameri-mutt. You don't look Northwestern European but can pass for Southern European.

By the way, you are handsome and some people may be jealous and are just trying to bring you down.

Ancestry DNA says that I am mostly northwestern european but I hope revealing that doesn't change the responses I get. I think I could be jewish, but they either stopped believing in it a relatively long time ago and it's still dominant in my genes or it doesn't show in ancestry for some reason I don't get any jewish results in ancestry and I didn't jewish in GED match either.

But like I said I have experienced a lot of what I am sure is racism, it's been so bad I am leaving my country, I won't go into detail because it'll offend people or whatever, so I am just attempting to piece together what it could be, like if I look east indian, then like that's funny because there's a ton of them here and they're treated pretty normally, no one really bats an eyelash. There's one photo I have, it was a pretty dark starteling realization, it made me feel weird, but I sort of look like a holocaust victim in it, but I am also underweight in the photo, but still I don't know. Like I have met a lot of people from Germany and by far they have been the nicest to me, I am just being honest though it was really suprising to me, I still think maybe it's a trick or something. So I don't think I literally live in Nazi germany exactly.

Like the way I've been treated you would think I look like some type of giant hook nosed goblin or something, it's really strange.

Pathfinder
10-01-2023, 09:13 AM
I kind of have feminine features for some reason, she kind of looks similair to me I think LOL

Pathfinder
10-01-2023, 10:32 AM
123507 123508123509

yeah so I was looking and I actually don't look jewish that much for sure to be honest, I think when people say i look jewish, they're thinking of some ancient classical image of what the hebrews looked like, like I don't know what the explanation is

Roy
10-01-2023, 10:44 AM
You can pass in Southern Europe. If I saw you in Poland I'd probably think you're Turkish.

Pathfinder
10-02-2023, 02:31 AM
You can pass in Southern Europe. If I saw you in Poland I'd probably think you're Turkish.

you don't think I look like a young hebrew boy?

Pathfinder
10-02-2023, 02:53 AM
ugh as you can see, in some of those photos the lightning makes me look darker then I am. I used to have blonde hair
oh lawd this site is buggy

Abti
10-02-2023, 03:00 AM
I can smell the gefilte your way, OP.

Sniff Sniff*

Are you a Mountain Jew? :sherlock:

Pathfinder
10-02-2023, 03:47 AM
I can smell the gefilte your way, OP.

Sniff Sniff*
Are you a Mountain Jew? :sherlock:

Abti
10-02-2023, 03:59 AM

No, I guess.

Pathfinder
10-02-2023, 04:25 AM
No, I guess.

I don't think I am a mountain jew, I mostly get northwestern european on ancestry tests. But if I were an "ashkenazi jew" then it would most likely show up since they were most widely tested ethnic group of jews. It just doesn't really make sense I guess, like I have some features that only the jews really have, but I don't quite look like any of the jews I have looked at. This guy on reddit was a self identified jew but he only got 1% jewish on ancestry, and he said it's because only ashkenazi really shows and that he was a mountain jew. I don't know exactly how genetics works, like if I have some really dominant features from some distant jewish ancestry or if I am actually still jewish and it just doesn't show up on ancestry, but it's stranger still because it shows up as northwestern european predominately.

I am pretty sure it has something to do with dominant/recessive genes, but I don't really feel like studying it. 123530123531
I posted it already but I kind of have similar features to the actor from last kingdom who is German, I think that's why I could look east indian, because I have some german ancestry, but likewise it could also be because I might be jewish but in a totally different way that hardly exists anymore,

Adam Driver is a good example, I was really suprised when I found out he was supposedly northwestern european
so I don't know, I just wonder if out of the large population of europeans if there are some who have similair features or what the explanation would be.

Abti
10-02-2023, 07:46 AM
I don't think I am a mountain jew, I mostly get northwestern european on ancestry tests. But if I were an "ashkenazi jew" then it would most likely show up since they were most widely tested ethnic group of jews. It just doesn't really make sense I guess, like I have some features that only the jews really have, but I don't quite look like any of the jews I have looked at. This guy on reddit was a self identified jew but he only got 1% jewish on ancestry, and he said it's because only ashkenazi really shows and that he was a mountain jew. I don't know exactly how genetics works, like if I have some really dominant features from some distant jewish ancestry or if I am actually still jewish and it just doesn't show up on ancestry, but it's stranger still because it shows up as northwestern european predominately.

I am pretty sure it has something to do with dominant/recessive genes, but I don't really feel like studying it. 123530123531
I posted it already but I kind of have similar features to the actor from last kingdom who is German, I think that's why I could look east indian, because I have some german ancestry, but likewise it could also be because I might be jewish but in a totally different way that hardly exists anymore,

Adam Driver is a good example, I was really suprised when I found out he was supposedly northwestern european
so I don't know, I just wonder if out of the large population of europeans if there are some who have similair features or what the explanation would be.
Ah, so you’re still Jewish no?

Pathfinder
10-02-2023, 08:13 AM
Ah, so you’re still Jewish no?

I know nothing of any possible jewish heritage.

Pathfinder
10-02-2023, 08:18 AM
123538I am german and scandinavian!

Pathfinder
10-03-2023, 02:04 AM
bump

Pathfinder
10-03-2023, 04:35 AM
here wuheit peeuhple is sorta look liek