PDA

View Full Version : Saturn and the Jews

Loki
10-11-2023, 03:40 PM
https://katz.sas.upenn.edu/resources/blog/saturn-and-jews
NOVEMBER 10, 2017
by Shlomo Sela

https://katz.sas.upenn.edu/sites/default/files/styles/blog_wide_image/public/2018-09/saturn%27s%20rings.jpg?itok=Ox04zAg9

Underlying the well-known link between Saturday (Shabbat in Hebrew) and Saturn (Shabbetai in Hebrew) is the reference to Saturn as the planet in charge of the Jews. Behind the link between Saturn and Saturday is the astrological theory that assigns the seven planets in succession, beginning with the sun and following the order of their orbs, to the 24 hours of the day and to the seven days of the week.

Prominent Roman historians such as Tacitus (56–120 CE) and Cassius Dio (ca. 155–after 229), as well as Church fathers like Augustine (354–430), acknowledged a special link between Saturn and Saturday, the holiest day of the week for the Jews. That Jewish society of the talmudic period recognized the same association is shown by the fact that the Babylonian Talmud (Shabbat 156a) refers to Saturn as Shabbetai, i.e., the star of Shabbat (Saturday). Greek and Arab astrology, however, considered Saturn to be the most malignant of the seven planets; and thus the Jews, astrologically governed by Saturn, were considered to be contaminated by the planet’s wicked nature.

Abraham Ibn Ezra (ca.1089–ca.1161) is the first Jewish thinker to deal with the problematic link between Saturn, Saturday, and the Jews. He addresses the astrological association, throughout his writings, both scientific and nonscientific. He removes the sting of this embarrassing linkage by stressing that Saturn is actually conducive to a Jew’s religious faith. In his long commentary on Exodus 20:13, Ibn Ezra associates Saturn with the fourth commandment, ordaining one to "remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy" (Ex. 20:8), and explains that this correspondence allows the Jews, by not occupying themselves with everyday matters but devoting themselves solely to the fear of God on this day, to protect themselves from Saturn’s baneful influence and also to improve the quality of their religious belief.

For more details see Shlomo Sela, "Abraham Ibn Ezra’s Appropriation of Saturn," Kabbalah 10 (2004): 21–53.

gixajo
10-13-2023, 12:30 PM
For more details see Shlomo Sela, "Abraham Ibn Ezra’s Appropriation of Saturn," Kabbalah 10 (2004): 21–53.

To temporarily escape from reality, honestly, I prefer science fiction.

Anyone who reads that and believes it to be true has a basic problem that they will project into their daily lives.

Loki
10-13-2023, 07:44 PM
To temporarily escape from reality, honestly, I prefer science fiction.

Anyone who reads that and believes it to be true has a basic problem that they will project into their daily lives.

?

I don't understand what you mean.

gixajo
10-13-2023, 07:49 PM
?

I don't understand what you mean.

Sorry. I don't take any of this seriously.

Loki
10-13-2023, 08:30 PM
Sorry. I don't take any of this seriously.

You take it seriously enough to make the effort to post replies, and cryptic ones at that.

gixajo
10-13-2023, 09:03 PM
You take it seriously enough to make the effort to post replies, and cryptic ones at that.

I'm serious about fighting stupidity.

Sometimes I even fight with mine. :D

Petalpusher
10-13-2023, 09:34 PM
I thought it was dark humor with the title, Saturn being a gas giant.

Loki
10-14-2023, 08:57 AM
I'm serious about fighting stupidity.

Sometimes I even fight with mine. :D

That's good to know, although I can't see you fighting anything in this thread.

gixajo
10-14-2023, 12:08 PM
That's good to know, although I can't see you fighting anything in this thread.

I am aware of your inability to see many things.

He who does not know, in the end, is like he who does not see.

Loki
10-14-2023, 01:58 PM
I am aware of your inability to see many things.

He who does not know, in the end, is like he who does not see.

Epic comeback! ;)

AngloDeutsch
10-15-2023, 02:07 AM
Two obvious points in connection to this as well. They wear a black cube on their hats, a symbol of Saturn, and they use the star of Remphan as their holy symbol, another symbol of Saturn(2 dimensional version of black cube)

Dick
10-15-2023, 02:54 AM
Saturn/the grim reaper/Father Time/ the harvester has always been known as the “malefic one”

It’s not that the Jews worship him because he is the almighty… on the contrary… he can bring stability and fortune but also death and destruction, depending on the house he transits.He needs to be appeased.

Saturn is in my 5th house…I lost my first born….this not a joke. This was already foretold unfortunately.

I thought astrology was bullshit until i started to dig deeper thanks to my curiosity, trying to find out why this happened to me.

The truth hurts but it will also set you free. I am free now knowing I’ll see my first born daughter that was meant to be but taken away from me when I pass on to the other side.

HectorOfTroy
10-15-2023, 03:01 AM
Saturn/the grim reaper/Father Time/ the harvester has always been known as the “malefic one”

It’s not that the Jews worship him because he is the almighty… on the contrary… he can bring stability and fortune but also death and destruction, depending on the house he transits.He needs to be appeased.

Saturn is in my 5th house…I lost my first born….this not a joke. This was already foretold unfortunately.

I thought astrology was bullshit until i started to dig deeper thanks to my curiosity, trying to find out why this happened to me.

The truth hurts but it will also set you free. I am free now knowing I’ll see my first born daughter that was meant to be but taken away from me when I pass on to the other side.

Have you considered you were possibly being targeted by demons or witchcraft? In fact I'm pretty much sure that's what happened, witchcraft practitioners are known to maximize their efforts to manifest the demonic world on certain dates.

AngloDeutsch
10-15-2023, 05:23 PM

Iirc this is also the reason they beat chickens to death once a year, they think they are fooling God into thinking the chicken's soul is their own, so God sends the chicken to hell for their sins instead of them, but they also say its an appeasement sacrifice to Satan(which is Saturn). Very creepy religion when one reads their talmud, full of the most vile depravities and immoralities.

Also Satan promises to bring stability and fortune, but Satan is a liar, he will only bring it if it is of benefit to him. If the benefit is ever lost thay fortune is gone. And the price paid for this deal, which can end any time, is eternal damnation. Satan is the house in any deal made with hin and the house always wins.The Jews having fortune and power is beneficial to him which is the only reason he brought it to them.

AngloDeutsch
10-15-2023, 05:37 PM
Two obvious points in connection to this as well. They wear a black cube on their hats, a symbol of Saturn, and they use the star of Remphan as their holy symbol, another symbol of Saturn(2 dimensional version of black cube)

Also when they wear the black cube on their head for their morning prayer, they also have a black strap of leather tied around their arm to their middle finger, which in esoteric lore is called the "saturn finger", and is connected to Saturn. So who is this morning prayer for?

Aryan Aries
11-30-2023, 05:30 PM
Yeah, there's an astrological connection between Jews and planet Saturn. Sun on the other hand is connected to Christians (Sun-day).

Saturn (darkness) and Sun (light) are naturally arch enemies to each other.

Dick
11-30-2023, 11:42 PM
Also when they wear the black cube on their head for their morning prayer, they also have a black strap of leather tied around their arm to their middle finger, which in esoteric lore is called the "saturn finger", and is connected to Saturn. So who is this morning prayer for?

Yeah, there's an astrological connection between Jews and planet Saturn. Sun on the other hand is connected to Christians (Sun-day).

Saturn (darkness) and Sun (light) are naturally arch enemies to each other.

Welcome, ascended brothers.

Dick
12-01-2023, 12:44 AM
The sun is electric, charging you and giving you energy. The moon is magnetic and it's taking your energy.