PDA

View Full Version : Donations would be appreciated

Loki
10-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Hi all,

We haven't had much donations at all over the last several months, to be honest. And whilst I am carrying the costs personally, it would help to have some assistance where possible.

I know the current financial situation is difficult for most people, though, so this message is only meant for those who are in the position to help.

Many thanks for your consideration and support.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/vbdonate.php?do=donate

coolfrenchguy
12-25-2023, 07:55 AM
did you still haven't found a mean to generate a passive earning? if it's 9.63 per day divided by 100 it's just 0.096 cents, you should to monetize something,like videos for example why don't opening the "the apricity channel" somewhere outside of youtube on a video platform who paid you per views and uploading some contents,like thematical and /or educationnal content for ,than every member will watch on this platform, you don't need much, just a minimum of daily views like
https://www.brightcove.com/en/ for ex

you even could open your own streaming website if you like and uploading the full "Doctor Who" from the beginning for example

https://www.dacast.com/blog/video-monetization/

https://ecommerce-platforms.com/articles/best-video-monetization-platforms

just like that

merry christmas and happy new year

catgeorge
12-25-2023, 09:02 AM
Will be the same people over and over while it's not a bad thing I think the forum is good enough to monetize for non profit.

There are new AI technologies coming out such as text to video where members can create their own "movies" if you like and be integrated into the forum

Whoever joins gets to enjoy the forum free for three months and still have access to some of the forum but if one wants access to the whole forum then something along the lines of US$20 for three month subscription should be more than okay.

Loki
03-29-2024, 04:08 PM
Yes guys please, if you are able, we would certainly appreciate some donations to pay towards the costs of running this forum.

Many thanks!

PlattitüdenPaule
03-29-2024, 04:35 PM
By the way, is there no way to port the forum to another provider or get a lower cost subscription rate? I`m no expert on this, but given how things got less active than in the past 289 Dollars a month seem a bit much. Pretty sure we could do with a lot less volume.

Loki
03-29-2024, 04:48 PM
By the way, is there no way to port the forum to another provider or get a lower cost subscription rate? I`m no expert on this, but given how things got less active than in the past 289 Dollars a month seem a bit much. Pretty sure we could do with a lot less volume.

Maybe less active, but almost everything got more expensive.

Laredo
04-04-2024, 01:06 AM
Yes guys please, if you are able, we would certainly appreciate some donations to pay towards the costs of running this forum.

Many thanks!

There with something.

Loki
08-02-2024, 09:40 AM
Guys, I have to bump this thread again. The past few months we've had very little donations, I had to foot most of the bills myself again. Plus, members complained about ads, so I removed them -- meaning further loss of revenue.

Mortimer
08-02-2024, 09:43 AM
Guys, I have to bump this thread again. The past few months we've had very little donations, I had to foot most of the bills myself again. Plus, members complained about ads, so I removed them -- meaning further loss of revenue.

Loki because I love you and TA, i just donated 15$, i know a small amount, but its a sign of good will and i really am not a rich guy, though to be able to donate 100$

Sovanz
08-12-2024, 09:48 PM
I would probably be donate something by the end of this month.

R1b-L51
08-23-2024, 05:14 PM
Good morning, I'm newbie (only two days).

I would be happy to donate, but when I enter certain sections such as personal taxonomy I find that my access is restricted.
So it's hard to motivate myself to do it...

Any solutions??

vBulletin Message

R1b-L51, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Beowulf
08-23-2024, 05:27 PM
Good morning, I'm newbie (only two days).

I would be happy to donate, but when I enter certain sections such as personal taxonomy I find that my access is restricted.
So it's hard to motivate myself to do it...

Any solutions??

vBulletin Message

R1b-L51, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I think you need like more posts or reputation

PlattitüdenPaule
09-03-2024, 05:40 PM
Hi all,

We haven't had much donations at all over the last several months, to be honest. And whilst I am carrying the costs personally, it would help to have some assistance where possible.

I know the current financial situation is difficult for most people, though, so this message is only meant for those who are in the position to help.

Many thanks for your consideration and support.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/vbdonate.php?do=donate

Loki, the raise in server costs since last month is absolutely insane. Is there any justification from the side of the provider, other than general inflation? I mean it almost doubled over the span of the last half year.
Also would it be possible to implement other means of contribution, since a lot of folks neither have a credit card nor PayPal?

Loki
09-04-2024, 07:24 PM
Loki, the raise in server costs since last month is absolutely insane. Is there any justification from the side of the provider, other than general inflation? I mean it almost doubled over the span of the last half year.
Also would it be possible to implement other means of contribution, since a lot of folks neither have a credit card nor PayPal?

Hi, I made this adjustment, so as to allow more donations, because some months we get little or no donations. And if some members donate to pay "the whole bill" one month, maybe the next month they won't donate, so there is no way to catch up on lost revenue. If I leave the required level to only 289 or whatever, when it gets to that amount, usually donations cease and people don't donate any more that particular month, because it looks all paid. But what about the previous and future bills? Always good to leave some room. Does it make sense?

As for other ways to contribute... At the moment there isn't any other way, but in the near future I want to be able to take crypto payments too.

R1b-L51
09-05-2024, 10:08 PM
I don't have Paypal either, I don't know if the web architecture is of the WordPress type, but in that case many free plug-ins can be implemented that serve as payment gateways, supporting Stripe, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Microsoft Pay (in addition to the typical Pay -pal).

https://www.isitwp.com/es/best-wordpress-payment-plugins/

Loki
09-09-2024, 05:55 AM
I don't have Paypal either, I don't know if the web architecture is of the WordPress type, but in that case many free plug-ins can be implemented that serve as payment gateways, supporting Stripe, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Microsoft Pay (in addition to the typical Pay -pal).

https://www.isitwp.com/es/best-wordpress-payment-plugins/

A good idea, thanks.