PDA

View Full Version : Classify the White players in the France national football team as of Oct 2023

Tooting Carmen
11-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Benjamin Pavard
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/-Hfduaa9qgDCX4YUuLKWwsoXPvI=/0x0:2809x4214/1200x800/filters:focal(977x1089:1425x1537)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/72510493/1578765847.0.jpg

Lucas Hernandez (part-Spaniard)
https://b.fssta.com/uploads/application/soccer/headshots/1104.vresize.350.350.medium.49.png

Theo Hernandez (part-Spaniard)
https://cdn-s-www.lalsace.fr/images/095ADAAB-6557-4062-8C47-99DC31F5EF9A/NW_raw/photo-j-e-e-sipa-1668771785.jpg

Jonathan Clauss (cannot find evidence of foreign ancestry)
https://www.footballdatabase.eu/images/photos/players/2021-2022/a_85/85700.jpg

Adrien Rabiot
https://assets.goal.com/v3/assets/bltcc7a7ffd2fbf71f5/blt51243c497f5135c6/63ea1a24a1062a56df00dae2/GOAL_-_Blank_WEB_-_Facebook_(74).png?auto=webp&format=pjpg&width=3840&quality=60

Olivier Giroud (part-Italian)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/FRA-ARG_%2818%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Antoine Griezmann (German-Portuguese mix)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/FRA-ARG_%2810%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Jordan Veretout
https://img.a.transfermarkt.technology/portrait/big/164771-1666815169.jpg?lm=1

TrevorXdX
11-05-2023, 01:19 AM
A mix of Atlanto-Med, Dinarid, Alpinid, Nordid, CM

Flashball
11-10-2023, 01:59 PM
2 native french.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 02:49 PM
2 native french.

Even the US team is whiter than the French team. xD

Oliver109
11-10-2023, 02:53 PM
Even the US team is whiter than the French team. xD

That wouldn't be surprising lol, there are literally huge territories of the US with whiter populations than virtually all of urban France.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 02:56 PM
That wouldn't be surprising lol, there are literally huge territories of the US with whiter populations than virtually all of urban France.

And urban Britain too. On the other hand, nearly all major US cities apart from Seattle and a couple of others have White minorities now, whereas White minority cities are still small in number in Britain and France.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 02:57 PM
2 native french.

Three? (Veretout, Pavard, Rabiot).

Oliver109
11-10-2023, 03:08 PM
And urban Britain too. On the other hand, nearly all major US cities apart from Seattle and a couple of others have White minorities now, whereas White minority cities are still small in number in Britain and France.

Not urban Britain, places like Portsmouth, Liverpool Leeds, Newcastle, Aberdeen or most of south wales are quite white.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 03:15 PM
Not urban Britain, places like Portsmouth, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Aberdeen or most of south wales are quite white.

Actually, Leeds and to a lesser extent Newcastle have lots of Pakistanis, but otherwise point taken. And it is true that the notion that the bigger the city, the more multiracial it is is far from true in Britain: plenty of towns in both Southeast England (Dartford, Gravesend, Crawley, Woking, Slough, Reading, Luton, Bedford, Watford, High Wycombe etc) and the West Yorkshire-Lancashire belt (Dewsbury, Halifax, Huddersfield, Batley, Keighley, Shipley, Nelson, Burnley, Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Oldham, Rochdale etc) are more multiracial than those places you listed.

Oliver109
11-10-2023, 03:17 PM
Actually, Leeds and to a lesser extent Newcastle have lots of Pakistanis, but otherwise point taken. And it is true that the notion that the bigger the city, the more multiracial it is is far from true in Britain: plenty of towns in both Southeast England (Dartford, Gravesend, Crawley, Woking, Slough, Reading, Luton, Bedford, Watford, High Wycombe etc) and the West Yorkshire-Lancashire belt (Dewsbury, Halifax, Huddersfield, Batley, Keighley, Shipley, Nelson, Burnley, Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Oldham, Rochdale etc) are more multiracial than those places you listed.

While in France migrants tend to be located in all major cities pretty much, especially towards the south probably because of beneficial climate factors.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 03:18 PM
While in France migrants tend to be located in all major cities pretty much, especially towards the south probably because of beneficial climate factors.

IIRC, it seems to be more Eastern France than anywhere else (aside from Paris itself): Lille, Strasbourg, Lyon and Marseille.

Oliver109
11-10-2023, 03:20 PM
IIRC, it seems to be more Eastern France than anywhere else (aside from Paris itself): Lille, Strasbourg, Lyon and Marseille.

Yeah, even somewhere remote like Grenoble, i was shocked by the number of migrants i saw.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 03:23 PM
Yeah, even somewhere remote like Grenoble, i was shocked by the number of migrants i saw.

I said in Zeno's thread asking what percentage of France is ethnic French that France is the nearest thing to a European version of the US or even Brazil, both in terms of how multiracial it is and in terms of the variety of ancestry even among the White population.

Oliver109
11-10-2023, 03:27 PM
I said in Zeno's thread asking what percentage of France is ethnic French that France is the nearest thing to a European version of the US or even Brazil, both in terms of how multiracial it is and in terms of the variety of ancestry even among the White population.

Fully blooded French are probably about 40% of the population

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 03:31 PM

Petalpusher says it is more like 65%.

Oliver109
11-10-2023, 03:39 PM

Really? because when i went to France recently i did see a lot of quite dark people who might have Italian or Spanish ancestry.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 03:42 PM
Really? because when i went to France recently i did see a lot of quite dark people who might have Italian or Spanish ancestry.

LOL some of them might, but ffs France isn't Scandinavia. It isn't even really like England, for that matter.

Oliver109
11-10-2023, 04:26 PM
LOL some of them might, but ffs France isn't Scandinavia. It isn't even really like England, for that matter.

In France it can be difficult to tell the background of a lot of people, lets not forget that even in the UK many part Italians look quite British i.e Louis Capaldi or Nick Ferrari.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 04:29 PM
In France it can be difficult to tell the background of a lot of people, lets not forget that even in the UK many part Italians look quite British i.e Louis Capaldi or Nick Ferrari.

True, but would full Italians who live here like Nancy Dell'Ollio, the late Antonio Carluccio, Gino D'Acampo or even that Reading-based councillor I made a thread about pass?

Oliver109
11-10-2023, 04:34 PM
True, but would full Italians who live here like Nancy Dell'Ollio, the late Antonio Carluccio, Gino D'Acampo or even that Reading-based councillor I made a thread about pass?

Gino doesn't look that foreign here, the others do more, Italy is quite varied and less homogenous than other Euro countries, i was in the babrer the other day and a customer i thought was Turkish or Kurdish(this is N London) was speaking on the phone in Italian.

Tooting Carmen
11-10-2023, 04:36 PM
Gino doesn't look that foreign here, the others do more, Italy is quite varied and less homogenous than other Euro countries, i was in the babrer the other day and a customer i thought was Turkish or Kurdish(this is N London) was speaking on the phone in Italian.

Well even here in Swansea, many if not most barbers nowadays are Iraqi Kurds. While most look very stereotypically West Asian, I have met one with red hair and blue eyes who indeed could pass for Irish.

Oliver109
11-10-2023, 04:37 PM
Well even here in Swansea, many if not most barbers nowadays are Iraqi Kurds. While most look very stereotypically West Asian, I have met one with red hair and blue eyes who indeed could pass for Irish.

One of the Turkish staff in the barber i go to could pass as central Euro or even English

Bat_
11-11-2023, 03:33 PM
Pavard: Atlantid with Alpine & Brunn

Theo & Lucas Hernandez: Atlanto-Med + CM, both

Clauss: East Med

Rabiot: Noric

Giroud: Atlantid with Dinarid & CM influence

Antoine Griezmann: Alpine & Atlantid

Veretout: Brunn

Valenman
11-11-2023, 04:43 PM
If we count everyone who has foreign ancestry since at least the middle of the 19th century, I don't know if it would reach that number. It would probably be the country with the most foreign ancestry in Europe along with Ukraine and Turkey (if we considered Turkey as Europe)

Petalpusher
11-11-2023, 06:40 PM

It's the official census report 33% who have at least one grand parent of foreign origin. So 67% which is still a ton of people of foreign origins, 1 in 3 people on average.

Ethnic French still match the France Iron Age samples closely from 3000 years ago, there is demonstrably a French/Gaulish ethnicity that hasn't changed for millenias. Many other European nations on the other hand don't match their sample anymore from these periods.

Flashball
11-11-2023, 06:52 PM
It's the official census report 33% who have at least one grand parent of foreign origin. So 67% which is still a ton of people of foreign origins, 1 in 3 people on average.

Ethnic French still match the France Iron Age samples closely from 3000 years ago, there is demonstrably a French/Gaulish ethnicity that hasn't changed for millenias. Many other European nations on the other hand don't match their sample anymore from these periods.

C'est vrai. Même mon échantillon de l'Aube (pur souche) clust avec un autre échantillon de l'âge du fer français et se retrouve dans la même diversité que les Gaulois de l'âge du fer. Pareil pour mon échantillon de Provence. Pareil pour mes échantillons de Picardie, etc.

D'autres peuples ont une discontinuité avec "leur" populations de l'âge du fer (Espagne, par exemple).

Petalpusher
11-11-2023, 07:03 PM
C'est vrai. Même mon échantillon de l'Aube (pur souche) clust avec un autre échantillon de l'âge du fer français et se retrouve dans la même diversité que les Gaulois de l'âge du fer. Pareil pour mon échantillon de Provence. Pareil pour mes échantillons de Picardie, etc.

D'autres peuples ont une discontinuité avec "leur" populations de l'âge du fer (Espagne, par exemple).

Hungary Bronze Age was very French like as well back then, they changed more recently. Scandinavians were even more Northern in the Iron Age and NW in the Bronze Age (No Siberian and such yet). Many like that.

Ketchup
11-11-2023, 10:35 PM
Benjamin Pavard
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/-Hfduaa9qgDCX4YUuLKWwsoXPvI=/0x0:2809x4214/1200x800/filters:focal(977x1089:1425x1537)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/72510493/1578765847.0.jpg

Lucas Hernandez (part-Spaniard)
https://b.fssta.com/uploads/application/soccer/headshots/1104.vresize.350.350.medium.49.png

Theo Hernandez (part-Spaniard)
https://cdn-s-www.lalsace.fr/images/095ADAAB-6557-4062-8C47-99DC31F5EF9A/NW_raw/photo-j-e-e-sipa-1668771785.jpg

Jonathan Clauss (cannot find evidence of foreign ancestry)
https://www.footballdatabase.eu/images/photos/players/2021-2022/a_85/85700.jpg

Adrien Rabiot
https://assets.goal.com/v3/assets/bltcc7a7ffd2fbf71f5/blt51243c497f5135c6/63ea1a24a1062a56df00dae2/GOAL_-_Blank_WEB_-_Facebook_(74).png?auto=webp&format=pjpg&width=3840&quality=60

Olivier Giroud (part-Italian)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/FRA-ARG_%2818%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Antoine Griezmann (German-Portuguese mix)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/FRA-ARG_%2810%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Jordan Veretout
https://img.a.transfermarkt.technology/portrait/big/164771-1666815169.jpg?lm=1

So no actual ethnic French players? wow

Tooting Carmen
11-12-2023, 12:54 PM
So no actual ethnic French players? wow

Pavard, Rabiot and Veretout are.

Ketchup
11-19-2023, 06:44 AM
Pavard, Rabiot and Veretout are.

All 3 are pretty easily passable amongst Anglos honestly.

Tooting Carmen
11-19-2023, 08:45 AM
All 3 are pretty easily passable amongst Anglos honestly.

Veretout more so than the other two.

Nurzat
11-19-2023, 09:01 AM
with the current demographics of France, a Euro-descent-only grouping is not representative - the African-descent and Arab-descent are equally representative for France as a whole in 2023.

then, they don't look more "Euro" than Romanian team overall, for example, a topic I have no interest in but I am only mentioning it since the French are very biased against Romanians and there is a stereotype of lighter French than Romanians, which seems a bit outdated, even after visiting France.

especially in France the common opinion of common people is that Romanians are an exotic nation overly Oriental and that most Romanians are either Gypsies or recently Gypsy-mixed. French have a long history of calling Romanians Gypsy in their national media and expelling Romanians from their country. their racist views of Europeanness and superiority from that point of view are not supported by their looks and genetic mix in 2023.

I don't have a problem with being called Gypsy, as an anarchist I don't price ethnic background in a nationalistic way, and someone's ethnicity only brings me curiosity over genetics and culture behind that. but French use Gypsy not because of confusion over ethnic matters and not even strictly as an ethnic name, but as a racial slur, so for this they quite deserve what they get inside their country, like Brits do as well with their centuries-old arrogance towards the rest of the continent. these peoples getting more and more mixed and non-local in terms of descent will hopefully make them more humble

Tooting Carmen
11-19-2023, 09:12 AM
with the current demographics of France, a Euro-descent-only grouping is not representative - the African-descent and Arab-descent are equally representative for France as a whole in 2023.

then, they don't look more "Euro" than Romanian team overall, for example, a topic I have no interest in but I am only mentioning it since the French are very biased against Romanians and there is a stereotype of lighter French than Romanians, which seems a bit outdated, even after visiting France.

especially in France the common opinion of common people is that Romanians are an exotic nation overly Oriental and that most Romanians are either Gypsies or recently Gypsy-mixed. French have a long history of calling Romanians Gypsy in their national media and expelling Romanians from their country. their racist views of Europeanness and superiority from that point of view are not supported by their looks and genetic mix in 2023

France is still around 75% White (yes I know they forbid the collecting of ethnic data, but there are other ways to extrapolate). As much as I myself have called it the USA or even Brazil of Europe due to its diversity, it is still a lot whiter than those countries.

Nurzat
11-19-2023, 09:29 AM
France is still around 75% White (yes I know they forbid the collecting of ethnic data, but there are other ways to extrapolate). As much as I myself have called it the USA or even Brazil of Europe due to its diversity, it is still a lot whiter than those countries.

from Romania we don't care how much White is a Western country, most of the times Romanian immigrants group in the West with other immigrant communities, where they usually live surrounded by immigrants, often non-Euro immigrants, and the immigrant status and mindset is more important to most than ideas of Europe, ancestry etc. but what Romanians and other immigrant nations don't forget is the French and British media endless series of articles depicting especially us, sometimes also Albanians or Bulgarians, as subhuman. for this we are glad whenever we see immigrant and minority groups are taking over in the West, be it that they take over a national team of some sport, or that they become Prime Ministers, business people, any position of power. because we have the memory of the French and British arrogant colonizers in our mind, and while we didn't care of their business in their colonies, we've got to experience it first-hand when we started to go there as immigrants.

to get back to the topic: good to see the only French in the national team are now of Italian, Spanish and Portuguese descent

Tooting Carmen
11-19-2023, 09:37 AM
from Romania we don't care how much White is a Western country, most of the times Romanian immigrants group in the West with other immigrant communities, where they usually live surrounded by immigrants, often non-Euro immigrants, and the immigrant status and mindset is more important to most than ideas of Europe, ancestry etc. but what Romanians and other immigrant nations don't forget is the French and British media endless series of articles depicting especially us, sometimes also Albanians or Bulgarians, as subhuman. for this we are glad whenever we see immigrant and minority groups are taking over in the West, be it that they take over a national team of some sport, or that they become Prime Ministers, business people, any position of power. because we have the memory of the French and British arrogant colonizers in our mind, and while we didn't care of their business in their colonies, we've got to experience it first-hand when we started to go there as immigrants.

There is a certain grain of truth in that. As much as people especially in fora like this like to emphasise a putative European unity, White unity etc., at the end of the day the status of many Eastern European immigrants in the West is not that much if at all higher than many non-European immigrant groups. Furthermore, even the Irish for a long time faced a lot of prejudice and discrimination in the UK, despite (as Grace O'Malley opened a thread about the other day) them always having the same legal rights here as British citizens even while no other foreigners have done, and being (90% of the time at least) physiologically indistinguishable from the British.

to get back to the topic: good to see the only French in the national team are now of Italian, Spanish and Portuguese descent

Not quite, but almost.

Mortimer
11-19-2023, 12:14 PM
Theo Hernandez looks as if he could be middle eastern too he is east med

Davystayn
11-19-2023, 12:48 PM

No media outlet in the UK has ever described people as sub human, that is complete rubbish.

There has been quite a bit of anti Albanian sentiment in some of the more right wing newspapers but that is because Albanians have been crawling ashore off dinghys along with menas and africans clogging up the asylum system.

Regardless any anti immigrant sentiment is restricted to some newspapers and no other major tv media outlets at all, where everything is excessively liberal.

Nurzat
11-21-2023, 04:12 PM
No media outlet in the UK has ever described people as sub human, that is complete rubbish.

There has been quite a bit of anti Albanian sentiment in some of the more right wing newspapers but that is because Albanians have been crawling ashore off dinghys along with menas and africans clogging up the asylum system.

Regardless any anti immigrant sentiment is restricted to some newspapers and no other major tv media outlets at all, where everything is excessively liberal.

our media in Romania (which is also very unprofessional and exaggerating things) made a big thing out of any DailyMail article touching on Romanians generalizing on Romanians, some were really troll stuff, like showing Romanians in a third world-like setting with the European Union flag and stating they cannot wait to come to UK and funny stuff like that.

so yeah, I expect it to be exaggerated. anyway, my parents used to work outside as immigrants, including illegal immigrants before 2007, have been deported several times and had all kind of experiences, and they are really fair people, they won't take something found on the street, that level, and every now and then rude remarks on them just for coming from Romania.

if Romanians will ever want to integrate with other nations it will be Eastern nations alone, because we feel like we are just a scrap nation for Europe, although even in those Eastern nations they usually call us Gypsies and disregard us from the start, this is why Romanians will stick to their own or seek the companionship of non-Euros or of same level Euros like Albanians and Bulgarians. and in the meantime in particular most people almost hope for the decay of the West, even though very few will admit it, when you get to family or friends gathering and it comes to this topic, Romanians, like Muslims and other non-Euros all are politically anti-West, because we know Westerners consider we are worth less than the dried shit on their asshole hairs :coffee:

Tooting Carmen
11-21-2023, 04:17 PM
our media in Romania (which is also very unprofessional and exaggerating things) made a big thing out of any DailyMail article touching on Romanians generalizing on Romanians, some were really troll stuff, like showing Romanians in a third world-like setting with the European Union flag and stating they cannot wait to come to UK and funny stuff like that.

so yeah, I expect it to be exaggerated. anyway, my parents used to work outside as immigrants, including illegal immigrants before 2007, have been deported several times and had all kind of experiences, and they are really fair people, they won't take something found on the street, that level, and every now and then rude remarks on them just for coming from Romania.

if Romanians will ever want to integrate with other nations it will be Eastern nations alone, because we feel like we are just a scrap nation for Europe, although even in those Eastern nations they usually call us Gypsies and disregard us from the start, this is why Romanians will stick to their own or seek the companionship of non-Euros or of same level Euros like Albanians and Bulgarians. and in the meantime in particular most people almost hope for the decay of the West, even though very few will admit it, when you get to family or friends gathering and it comes to this topic, Romanians, like Muslims and other non-Euros all are politically anti-West, because we know Westerners consider we are worth less than the dried shit on their asshole hairs :coffee:

Actually, there was a thread on this very forum the other day when reference was made to all the "Ukrainians coming into Europe" as part of the "Europe is full" debate. Now, whether it is the case or not that mass Ukrainian immigration is really so much preferable to mass Syrian or Algerian immigration is a moot point in many ways. What was revealing and droll was how "Ukraine" and "Europe" (meaning really "Western and Central Europe") were being referred to as if they were separate from each other, rather than the same continent.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?378221-2-Million-Gaza-Refugees-coming-to-Europe&p=7836633&viewfull=1#post7836633

Avicenna
11-21-2023, 06:42 PM

Gino looks Italian from a mile away lol, doesn't pass as English at all. I knew he was Napolitan the minute I saw him haha.