PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian activist Ahed Tamimi more important because she is blond and has blue eyes?

rothaer
11-07-2023, 10:51 PM
I'll make a contribution to the beloved TA Whiteness topic :picard1: but maybe it's relevant:

Is the Palestinian activist Ahed Tamimi politically more attended and thus important because she is blond and has blue eyes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahed_Tamimi

Discuss.

https://i.imgur.com/SZYlGCk.jpg

Tooting Carmen
11-07-2023, 11:02 PM
LOL

Abti
11-07-2023, 11:15 PM
Only because a minimal percentage of her ancestry being Yamnaya like many Palestinians even Arabs. It leads to Zionists having to point out a 1 out of 100 Palestinian in their idea to be ironic and hypocritical of palestinians, indigeneity wise. They on the other hand can’t give explanation to their 100% Mizrahim who appear to be blonde or redhaired you would find more frequently than Palestinian Arabs.

Bat_
11-07-2023, 11:20 PM
Jokes aside, most of the world is eurocentric.
"White" features in general are more valued than other races.

Tooting Carmen
11-07-2023, 11:23 PM
Jokes aside, most of the world is eurocentric.
"White" features in general are more valued than other races.

While I am no fan of most aspects of "woke", isn't it at least in part a corrective to this obsession (or at least preference) with whiter/lighter features that many people in the world have?

Andullero
11-07-2023, 11:24 PM
I'll make a contribution to the beloved TA Whiteness topic :picard1: but maybe it's relevant:

Is the Palestinian activist Ahed Tamimi politically more attended and thus important because she is blond and has blue eyes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahed_Tamimi

Discuss.

https://i.imgur.com/SZYlGCk.jpg

Somehow she still manages to look Semitic despite that. If you asked me where in Europe she could pass, I'd say only the Med area.

Bat_
11-07-2023, 11:44 PM
While I am no fan of most aspects of "woke", isn't it at least in part a corrective to this obsession (or at least preference) with whiter/lighter features that many people in the world have?

This 'woke' thing is more complex than just beauty standards. But yes, I think there's a reaction against this preference for lighter features/pigmentation.

Avicenna
11-08-2023, 01:19 AM

FreeSpirit
11-08-2023, 01:40 AM
Somehow she still manages to look Semitic despite that. If you asked me where in Europe she could pass, I'd say only the Med area.

i agree with you 100%. very blonde and blue eyed, but very Levantine looking.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 10:09 AM
Arabs are very obsessed with these features, I kid you not, tiktok comments in regards to how common blonde blue eyes are in the Levant ( by other levantines ) is a joke. I've read comments where the delusionists were saying majority of Syrians are blonde blue eyed, even other Syrians were refuting some of them. Alot of Arab tiktokers that are famous is solely due to the fact they look white.

This is why I think those who claim that the Arab world's problems are mostly due to Islam and traditionalism, and being insufficiently Westernised, aren't entirely correct: Westernisation brings a lot of problems and complexes of its own.

Hektor12
11-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Yes. An enemy who looks clearly alien (orc) is an enemy, you only want to destroy as soon as possible. An enemy who looks like you (roughly) and doesnt fit in your orc stereotypes, makes you stop and listen to her.

This is also the reson why some people hate outliers, they are greatest sinners because they break stereotypes.

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 10:57 AM
Ashkenazi look.

Avicenna
11-08-2023, 11:11 AM
This is why I think those who claim that the Arab world's problems are mostly due to Islam and traditionalism, and being insufficiently Westernised, aren't entirely correct: Westernisation brings a lot of problems and complexes of its own.

It's a very complex situation but yes certain aspects of westernisation has negatives, just like it has positives as well.

Tiktok is genuinely laughable though, Ive come off it as it was just too toxic. People on there are just weird AF.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 11:58 AM
It's a very complex situation but yes certain aspects of westernisation has negatives, just like it has positives as well.

Tiktok is genuinely laughable though, Ive come off it as it was just too toxic. People on there are just weird AF.

I'd wager that those Arab users of TikTok are not on the whole of the traditionalist and religious sort.

Avicenna
11-08-2023, 12:18 PM
I'd wager that those Arab users of TikTok are not on the whole of the traditionalist and religious sort.

No not necessarily, it was just random users on comments section . Okay let me make it clearer. The tiktok video( I've seen quite a few actually ) of Arabs, mainly levantine making tiktok videos about how no one believes they are "xyz" because of their white features, in the comments sections the top comment would be like " most "xyz" are blonde blue eyed" and then you would have a shitstorm in that particular comment. Another comment would be a Turk saying why every "xyz" they know look nothing like blonde blue eyed etc and the another shitstorm of users saying they have no knowledge etc etc. I saw this many times.

A good example of this is some Syrian guy called K Shami, he doesn't even look that European yet in Alot of his videos people are obsessed with his lightness.

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 12:26 PM
No not necessarily, it was just random users on comments section . Okay let me make it clearer. The tiktok video( I've seen quite a few actually ) of Arabs, mainly levantine making tiktok videos about how no one believes they are "xyz" because of their white features, in the comments sections the top comment would be like " most "xyz" are blonde blue eyed" and then you would have a shitstorm in that particular comment. Another comment would be a Turk saying why every "xyz" they know look nothing like blonde blue eyed etc and the another shitstorm of users saying they have no knowledge etc etc. I saw this many times.

A good example of this is some Syrian guy called K Shami, he doesn't even look that European yet in Alot of his videos people are obsessed with his lightness.

Nothing out of usual, levantines and turks are the most obsessed with whiteness and they would give their lives to be europeans and whites their compensate their inferiority complex :laugh:

Kess
11-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Nothing out of usual, levantines and turks are the most obsessed with whiteness and they would give their lives to be europeans and whites tl compensate their inferiority complex :laugh:

You are the one with the inferiority complex, mate. You are an extremely insecure, swarthy southern European who writes things like "they will never be European" in Nordid-looking Afghan threads out of random.

Hektor12
11-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Nothing out of usual, levantines and turks are the most obsessed with whiteness and they would give their lives to be europeans and whites their compensate their inferiority complex :laugh:

A lot of "Turks" are legitimate europeans.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Nothing out of usual, levantines and turks are the most obsessed with whiteness and they would give their lives to be europeans and whites tl compensate their inferiority complex :laugh:

Iranians too. Anyway, this makes me think that perhaps the right-wing American pundit Steve Sailer perversely has a point: the leftist American notion that whiteness is tainted and uncool is ironically a very parochial and ahistorical perspective, and contrary to what many on the Anglophone Left would assume, most MENAs (and Asians and Latinos too) would rather associate with Whites than Blacks, so the binary vision of looking at the world should no longer be White vs non-White, but Black vs non-Black.

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 12:34 PM
You are the one with the inferiority complex, mate. You are an extremely insecure, swarthy southern European who writes things like "they will never be European" in Nordid-looking Afghan threads out of random.
I might be wrong about you guys, Turks, but ok.

Btw, better darkie than brownie, i do not spend my time on lightness threads, unlike non-european members :lol:

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 12:36 PM
A lot of "Turks" are legitimate europeans.

Thracians? yes, you're right.

But exception confirms the rule, thats how logic works.

Hektor12
11-08-2023, 12:37 PM
Thracians? yes, you're right.

But exception confirms the rule, thats how logic works.

Exceptions like 10-15 mill people. Sure.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 12:38 PM

Out of circa 85 million though.

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 12:39 PM

Lets test genetically all of them to discover if they're in the european cluster and are "legitimate" europeans :laugh:

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 12:41 PM
Lets test genetically all of them to discover if they're in the european cluster and are "legitimate" europeans :laugh:

Why is it important to you either way though?

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 12:43 PM
Why is it important to you either way though?

Its irrelevant to me, particularly, but it has a lot of importance for Turks who want to be part of EU and the western world

Hektor12
11-08-2023, 12:44 PM

Like 1/5 of people, what an exception.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?350991-The-genetic-structure-of-the-Turkish-population-reveals-high-levels-of-variation-and-admixture&p=7275926#post7275926

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 12:46 PM
Its irrelevant to me, particularly, but it has a lot of importance for Turks who want to be part of EU and the western world

But you do seem to have a hatred of MENAs though. Why? (Aside from the admittedly totalitarian nature of much of Islam).

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 12:49 PM
Like 1/5 of people, what an exception.
Thats still an exception if they really count as ethnic europeans and you cannot deny it, you cant be proud of being West Asian like your compatriot placebo, right? :laugh:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?350991-The-genetic-structure-of-the-Turkish-population-reveals-high-levels-of-variation-and-admixture&p=7275926#post7275926

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?288907-Balkan-Turk-Gedmatch-from-Western-amp-Bulgarian-Thrace

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?259661-Thrace-Gedmatch-Results

"Europeans" :rotfl:

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 12:52 PM
But you do seem to have a hatred of MENAs though. Why? (Aside from the admittedly totalitarian nature of much of Islam).

I dont care about them in general, only when they bother me, like in the case of this thread, which i expressed a point of view and then they tried to calumniate me :laugh:

Hektor12
11-08-2023, 12:57 PM
you cant be proud of being West Asian like your compatriot placebo, right? :laugh:

I cant be proud of something that im not, unlike you. Why do you have Andorra flag instead of Russian flag?

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?288907-Balkan-Turk-Gedmatch-from-Western-amp-Bulgarian-Thrace

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?259661-Thrace-Gedmatch-Results

"Europeans" :rotfl:

Balkan Turks and Thracians werent my intention when i said 'legitimate' europeans though, rather those Turks of Slavic, Albanian, Greek etc origin.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 01:01 PM
Balkan Turks and Thracians werent my intention when i said 'legitimate' europeans though, rather those Turks of Slavic, Albanian, Greek etc origin.

But those are relatively recent immigrants and their descendants. It would be like posting the results of Venetians, Volga Germans and Pomeranians as the results of 'typical' White Brazilians or White Argentines.

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 01:02 PM
I cant be proud of something that im not, unlike you.
Said enough, i've expected it, however I'm going to tell you the same thing i told a while ago.

Is your perspective in line with reality? genetically you plot out of West Asia? be more carefully while trying to be something you'll never be, buddy :)

Those are not ethnic Turks.

Hektor12
11-08-2023, 01:09 PM
But those are relatively recent immigrants and their descendants. It would be like posting the results of Venetians, Volga Germans and Pomeranians as the results of 'typical' White Brazilians or White Argentines.

They identify as "Turks" and some of them are probably that "Turk" of the youtube comment section, what can i do?

Those are not ethnic Turks.

Doesnt matter, everybody call them Turks.

Is your perspective in line with reality? genetically you plot out of West Asia? be more carefully while trying to be something you'll never be, buddy :)

Yes very reality. Plotting with west asians doesnt make me west asian. For example, A British-Italian mixed person might plot with French but he isnt French.

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 01:13 PM
They identify as "Turks" and some of them are probably that "Turk" of the youtube comment section, what can i do?
You're playing the same game as the woke agenda, but it also works in my favor

I identity myself as a horse, then im a horse, period. :laugh:

Doesnt matter, everybody call them Turks.
Latin americans often call amerindian mixed people white, are them white? :lol:

Plotting with west asians doesnt make me west asian.
Let alone european.

Hektor12
11-08-2023, 01:22 PM
I identity myself as a horse, then im a horse, period. :laugh:

Do other people call you horse? This also matters.

Latin americans often call amerindian mixed people white, are them white? :lol:

They dont have to adjust their white definition according to a Siberian psykopat, if they call them white, then theyre white in Latin America.

Let alone european.

Depends on where do you look from. A lot of europeans have closer genetics distance with me than other europeans. This european-cluster thing is a rather romantic concept and theres no drasctic distance between Europeans, Anatolians and Caucasians.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 01:24 PM
Depends on where do you look from. A lot of europeans have closer genetics distance with me than other europeans. This european-cluster thing is a rather romantic concept and theres no drasctic distance between Europeans, Anatolians and Caucasians.

This is true to an extent. To paraphrase Germaine Greer (in a very different context): Caucasoid is real and it is race. European is unreal and it is ethnicity.

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 01:30 PM
Do other people call you horse? This also matters.
Well, schizophrenics exist everywhere :rolleyes:

They dont have to adjust their white definition according to a Siberian psykopat, if they call them white, then theyre white in Latin America.
Vjatych?

Depends on where do you look from. A lot of europeans have closer genetics distance with me than other europeans.
Those ones are also exceptions, most europeans are closer to each other.

This european-cluster thing is a rather romantic concept and theres no drasctic distance between Europeans, Anatolians and Caucasians.
Delusional

Hektor12
11-08-2023, 01:32 PM

Your exceptions always have to work against us, like Occam's razor.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 01:35 PM

In Northern and Central Europe, yes. The South, however, is a more complicated mixed bag.

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 01:40 PM
In Northern and Central Europe, yes. The South, however, is a more complicated mixed bag.

Everything in the south but south italians and some balkanites are closer to any other european.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Everything in the south but south italians and some balkanites are closer to any other european.

Plus also Maltese and Cypriots (although the latter are partly Levantine themselves anyway).

Abaddon
11-08-2023, 01:44 PM
Plus also Maltese and Cypriots (although the latter are partly Levantine themselves anyway).

Idk about maltese, but cypriots are not european from a genetic perspective.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 01:46 PM
Idk about maltese, but cypriots are not european from a genetic perspective.

Maltese are similar to Southern Italians but with marginally more MENA admixture. And even Cypriots are far from looking wholesale Jordanian as such - even if not strictly speaking genetically, many if not most far Southern Europeans would pass better there than they would even in France or Slovenia.

Incal
11-08-2023, 03:03 PM

Colorism is not the same as Westernisation and it actually predates it: muslims were never westernised at all and that's why they still live in the 1500's.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 03:10 PM
Colorism is not the same as Westernisation

No, but certainly the dominance of Europe globally has exacerbated it.

rothaer
11-08-2023, 04:20 PM

I think yes, because there are Europeans in many political relevant countries and they can easier identify with and develop empathy towards people that look more like their own kind. And this in turn makes f. i. Ahed Tamimi more important to Palestinians as well.

https://i.imgur.com/lSmQDzW.jpg

Demirkazık
11-08-2023, 05:05 PM

The ethnicities of these 85 million people are; Anatolian and Balkan Turks approximately 45 million, Kurds 20 million, Balkanites (Albanians, Bosnians, etc.) 7 million, Arabs (excluding illegal ones) are 3 million, 3 million Circassians, 1 million Laz, while the remaining ethnicities such as Gypsies, Jews, Rums, Armenians, etc. make up the rest of the population.

Avicenna
11-08-2023, 06:00 PM
The ethnicities of these 85 million people are; Anatolian and Balkan Turks approximately 45 million, Kurds 20 million, Balkanites (Albanians, Bosnians, etc.) 7 million, Arabs (excluding illegal ones) are 3 million, 3 million Circassians, 1 million Laz, while the remaining ethnicities such as Gypsies, Jews, Rums, Armenians, etc. make up the rest of the population.

Are Rums essentially Greek orthodox who still inhabit parts of Istanbul ?

Melkiirs
11-08-2023, 06:15 PM

Cappadocian and Pontic Greeks are Rums and neither were historically concentrated in Istanbul. My barber is a Cappadocian Greek from Mersin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cappadocian_Greeks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontic_Greeks

Demirkazık
11-08-2023, 06:23 PM

Not Istanbul in particular, they are numerous albeit insignificant in Niğde, Kayseri, Bozcaada, Gökçeada, Trabzon etc. There would be more if not for the population exchange.

Cappadocian and Pontic Greeks are Rums and neither were historically concentrated in Intanbul. My barber is a Cappadocian Greek from Mersin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cappadocian_Greeks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontic_Greeks

You are very informed :thumb001:

Zeno
11-08-2023, 06:33 PM

Out of a total of 100+ million Turks. You had a lot more claims when you had millions of Greeks inside your own territory, but I forgot, you genocided and expelled all of them by the 1950s.

Demirkazık
11-08-2023, 06:39 PM
Out of a total of 100+ million Turks. You had a lot more claims when you had millions of Greeks inside your own territory, but I forgot, you genocided and expelled all of them by the 1950s.

What about the Turks that got slaughtered, expelled and genocided in Greece, do you think you guys took a one-sided beating ?

Hypocrite

Dušan
11-08-2023, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIUVqiN1zVY

Zeno
11-08-2023, 06:50 PM
What about the Turks that got slaughtered, expelled and genocided in Greece, do you think you guys took a one-sided beating ?

Hypocrite

Unlike you, we have acknowledged we killed people from the other side. Because it was a campaign in Anatolia itself. Of a war.

You however deny, to this day, that you have committed two genocides and forced expulsions. And anyone who mentions that you did is met by you deflecting responsibility, like you are doing right now. As if the other side hasn't acknowledged theirs already.

Time to admit your own (colossal) wrongdoings, isn't it?

Demirkazık
11-08-2023, 07:06 PM
Unlike you, we have acknowledged we killed people from the other side. Because it was a campaign in Anatolia itself. Of a war.

You however deny, to this day, that you have committed two genocides and forced expulsions. And anyone who mentions that you did is met by you deflecting responsibility, like you are doing right now. As if the other side hasn't acknowledged theirs already.

Time to admit your own (colossal) wrongdoings, isn't it?

What you wrote looks like this:

We acknowledge that we did a deed (minor), now it's time to admit your own (colossal).

You are underestimating what was done, you acknowledge that your ancestors killed people ? When it's done by Greeks and Armenians it's labeled as kill when the deed is done by us, it becomes a genocide. We killed the Greeks of Symrna because of war not for any fun purpose.

Zeno
11-08-2023, 07:15 PM
What you wrote looks like this:

We acknowledge that we did a deed (minor), now it's time to admit your own (colossal).

You are underestimating what was done, you acknowledge that your ancestors killed people ? When it's done by Greeks and Armenians it's labeled as kill when the deed is done by us, it becomes a genocide. We killed the Greeks of Symrna because of war not for any fun purpose.

I said "because we did a campaign. Of a war".

What fucking "minor deed"? Is a war a minor deed? Or did you invent that terminology to do a convenience for your mumbo-jambo?

Also...

You still avoid taking your own responsibilities.

Because yes, you did commit a genocide. The forced expulsion of millions of Greeks and Armenians, and the parallel, organised and mass killings of non-combatant (civilian) Greeks and Armenians in the millions is the definition of a genocide.

You did that. Not us. We conducted a war campaign that mostly left citizens out of the conflict. It was concentrated just on the battlefield. Aka, between BLOODY soldiers.

P.S. I noticed right now after doubly reading that comment that you didn't even focus that I conceded on my country's responsibility for the war. You just tried to belittle your own side's crimes. How pathetic, really.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 07:38 PM
I think yes, because there are Europeans in many political relevant countries and they can easier identify with and develop empathy towards people that look more like their own kind. And this in turn makes f. i. Ahed Tamimi more important to Palestinians as well.

https://i.imgur.com/lSmQDzW.jpg

(1) Even most Europeans themselves (especially south of Marseille) aren't actually blonde and blue-eyed as such. (2) Based on such logic, would anti-Apartheid campaigns in Western countries have been far more popular if Black South Africans looked more, well, White?

Incal
11-08-2023, 08:34 PM
No, but certainly the dominance of Europe globally has exacerbated it.

Don't think so, Europe's influence on saracen land has been zero.

Tooting Carmen
11-08-2023, 08:49 PM
Don't think so, Europe's influence on saracen land has been zero.

After the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire, Britain and France carved up most of the Middle East bar Iran between them. As for the Ottomans themselves, rather than impose "Turkish" beauty standards on the many European lands they colonised, they seemed to do the opposite.

Hektor12
11-08-2023, 09:26 PM

You can come, if you promise that you will fight on our side to de-islamize Turkey, you can claim your home next to mine.

Zeno
11-09-2023, 02:35 PM
You can come, if you promise that you will fight on our side to de-islamize Turkey, you can claim your home next to mine.

That's more impossible than the Earth sustaining life without the Sun.

Hektor12
11-09-2023, 02:42 PM
That's more impossible than the Earth sustaining life without the Sun.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/29/turkish-students-increasingly-resisting-religion-study-suggests

Incal
11-14-2023, 11:06 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/29/turkish-students-increasingly-resisting-religion-study-suggests

"Universities are shut and Turkey has taken the unusual step of placing under-20s, as well as over-65s, under a curfew, because many Turkish families live in intergenerational households."

WTF is THIS?

Hektor12
11-16-2023, 02:46 PM
"Universities are shut and Turkey has taken the unusual step of placing under-20s, as well as over-65s, under a curfew, because many Turkish families live in intergenerational households."

WTF is THIS?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_lockdowns