PDA

View Full Version : Warmongerer Henry Kissinger is dead at 100

Babak
11-30-2023, 01:45 AM
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/henry-kissinger-american-diplomat-nobel-winner-dead-100-2023-11-30/

Nov 29 (Reuters) - Henry Kissinger, a controversial Nobel Peace Prize winner and diplomatic powerhouse whose service under two presidents left an indelible mark on U.S. foreign policy, died on Wednesday at age 100, according to his geopolitical consulting firm Kissinger Associates Inc.

Kissinger died at his home in Connecticut, Kissinger Associates said.

Kissinger had been active past his centenary, attending meetings in the White House, publishing a book on leadership styles, and testifying before a Senate committee about the nuclear threat posed by North Korea. In July 2023 he made a surprise visit to Beijing to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Good riddance. Fucker.

Incal
11-30-2023, 02:39 AM
When I bought his last book I was surprised he was still around, not everyone becomes a centennial man nowadays... anyway, a master strategist on geopolitics: for good or bad the actual state of affairs is mostly product of his tactics.

Victor
11-30-2023, 03:25 AM
He was quite realistic and not insane as majority of modern idiots, including Ukraine case. His main mission was a balance and American hegemony through avoiding the closer ties of Russia and China, now the idiots full of messianic bullshit ideas about America want to destroy whole balance people like him constructed for decades.

Tradra
11-30-2023, 03:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnyBJJI2eqs

Cybele
11-30-2023, 03:38 AM
Hallelujah!

Chron
11-30-2023, 09:50 PM
I don't like to speak ill of the dead.

I wish he were still alive.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
11-30-2023, 10:11 PM
A major but controversial figure. I was always under the impression that he looked at the Western allies the same way the Russians do: with contempt and considering them disposable at the slightest difficulty. He got it completely wrong in Vietnam and Portugal. In Timor, between Indonesia or Australia he chose the worst of the two. Cerebral and ruthless in it's approaches, it's no wonder that he was so fascinated by Putin. That said, he is undoubtedly one of the most emblematic figures of the last century. In my university days we had to read his literary work Diplomacy, which is already a classic.

Kess
11-30-2023, 10:14 PM
I think Stanley Kubrick's "Dr. Strangelove" was inspired by Henry Kissinger. He embodied Realpolitik principles, far superior to today's delusional political clowns.

Dick
12-01-2023, 12:37 AM
Henry Kissinger spoke out against mass immigration after people in Berlin were seen celebrating Hamas’s terror attack:

"It was a grave mistake to let in so many people of totally different cultures and religions because it creates a pressure group."

That was the entire point and he knew it.

Roy
12-01-2023, 10:01 PM
Ding dong the witch is gone! All jokes aside RIP

I am actually somewhat surprised by his passing and I knew that he was still living one month ago and 100 years old. But that's because I saw his photos I think from first months of this year where he seemed in good shape and even walking with an assist.

frankhammer
12-01-2023, 10:41 PM
RIP Charlie Munger

Your Old Comrade
12-01-2023, 10:50 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/15/07/e81507e6ff2986dd7cf07f5a554bd297.gif

JiaTheResearcher
01-03-2024, 06:53 AM
He and Soros were sort of people always making a surprise by the fact they are still alive. Soros is next I guess.