PDA

View Full Version : Why do I have such a low Eastern Euro component on K15 eurogenes?

CrGrt
12-04-2023, 03:14 PM
I mean I'm 1/2 West German, 1/4 Basque French, 1/8 Spanish Galician and 1/8 South Italian(Basilicata) All of my ancestors were born on the region I'm specifying, and the only population reference that is lower than me on Eastern Euro is the South Italian one, I understand that is normal to have differences and that on the admixture certain components get lost, but the difference from taking the population reference number and dividing it by 2, 4 and 8 and then add up everything is too high, could it be that my testing company(Genera from Brazil) is not testing certain SNPs?

North_Sea 28.83 Pct
Atlantic 27.79 Pct
Baltic 6.94 Pct
Eastern_Euro 1.75 Pct
West_Med 17.47 Pct
West_Asian 4.52 Pct
East_Med 9.64 Pct
Red_Sea 1.5 Pct
South_Asian -
Southeast_Asian -
Siberian -
Amerindian 1.4 Pct
Oceanian -
Northeast_African 0.15 Pct
Sub-Saharan -

Benyzero
12-04-2023, 03:18 PM
I mean I'm 1/2 West German, 1/4 Basque French, 1/8 Spanish Galician and 1/8 South Italian(Basilicata) All of my ancestors were born on the region I'm specifying, and the only population reference that is lower than me on Eastern Euro is the South Italian one, I understand that is normal to have differences and that on the admixture certain components get lost, but the difference from taking the population reference number and dividing it by 2, 4 and 8 and then add up everything is too high, could it be that my testing company(Genera from Brazil) is not testing certain SNPs?

North_Sea 28.83 Pct
Atlantic 27.79 Pct
Baltic 6.94 Pct
Eastern_Euro 1.75 Pct
West_Med 17.47 Pct
West_Asian 4.52 Pct
East_Med 9.64 Pct
Red_Sea 1.5 Pct
South_Asian -
Southeast_Asian -
Siberian -
Amerindian 1.4 Pct
Oceanian -
Northeast_African 0.15 Pct
Sub-Saharan -

Do you have any east euro ancestry? Except prussian which most likely shows as baltic.

reboun
12-04-2023, 03:30 PM
Your Spanish and Basque ancestries might have diluted your Eastern Euro component.

Peterski
12-04-2023, 03:31 PM
How many SNPs were used in that calculation? Have you checked?

Mortimer
12-04-2023, 03:33 PM
If you are west german basque italian and spanish why do you expect a significant eastern euro component?

CrGrt
12-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Do you have any east euro ancestry? Except prussian which most likely shows as baltic.

No that I know of, all of my ancestry is what I'm stating there, anyway I'm talking about the k15 spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QWzK3Zb7fxky6bguizFty2gXbEmJ3GZkQZOLfYDMzUQ/htmlview), considering my ancestry I should have like 5 or 6 points on Eastern Euro, the difference is too high, and I've seen some West German kits from my dad region and it's what the spreadsheet says it is.

CrGrt
12-04-2023, 03:42 PM
If you are west german basque italian and spanish why do you expect a significant eastern euro component?

Not expecting something too high, I just think that from the 5/6 points I should have according to the k15 spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QWzK3Zb7fxky6bguizFty2gXbEmJ3GZkQZOLfYDMzUQ/htmlview) to the 1.75 I got, the difference is big enough to wonder why.

CrGrt
12-04-2023, 03:45 PM
Your Spanish and Basque ancestries might have diluted your Eastern Euro component.

I know that being 25% Basque it can dilute many components, but even Basques have higher k15 Eastern Euro component than myself.

CrGrt
12-04-2023, 03:48 PM
How many SNPs were used in that calculation? Have you checked?

The file have 643353 lines, and it is 15.7MB uncompressed.

Boudin
12-04-2023, 04:59 PM
The labels on these components are pretty meaningless, you're not supposed to infer anything about your ancestry from them. I get less than 3% "French" on K36, but it doesn't matter. These coordinates are intended to be compared with those of other people of known ethnicity, using calculators like Vahaduo (https://vahaduo.github.io/vahaduo).

In fact, the K36 map you posted here is such an example of how to correctly use the coordinates:

JerryS.
12-04-2023, 05:55 PM
Gedmatch calculators are dated and population samples aren't revised when newer more vetted sources are found. At least that's my understanding of them.

In fact I would recommend using the vahaduo calculator with the modern individual samples (not simulated, not ancient, and not averages) compiled by Michalis Moriopoulos and see what your mix comes out as, since you are regionally mixed.

Petalpusher
12-05-2023, 05:15 PM
K15's "eastern Euro" peaks in Chuvash. Selkup have more than anybody in Europe so it's a weird one that isn't exactly what you would expect from something eastern European.

Boudin
12-05-2023, 06:30 PM
Gedmatch calculators are dated and population samples aren't revised when newer more vetted sources are found. At least that's my understanding of them.

In fact I would recommend using the vahaduo calculator with the modern individual samples (not simulated, not ancient, and not averages) compiled by Michalis Moriopoulos and see what your mix comes out as, since you are regionally mixed.

I've been told the Michalis Moriopoulos (https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?359831-The-Moriopoulos-Collection-(-3000-G25-modern-and-ancient-Averages)-SCALED-calculator) collection uses simulated G25 coordinates.

JerryS.
12-05-2023, 09:41 PM
I've been told the Michalis Moriopoulos (https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?359831-The-Moriopoulos-Collection-(-3000-G25-modern-and-ancient-Averages)-SCALED-calculator) collection uses simulated G25 coordinates.

Some of them are. Some of them are not. He has them listed and categorized so that you can avoid such a thing.