PDA

View Full Version : France is cheating and needs to stop cheating in competitive competitions.

catgeorge
12-05-2023, 01:46 PM
Under 16 French team

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAhybAjX0AAYq-4?format=jpg&name=medium

Tooting Carmen
12-05-2023, 02:25 PM
Majority of Black players are born and raised in France.

Blondie
12-05-2023, 02:34 PM

But they are not french.

alnortedelsur
12-05-2023, 03:46 PM

It doesn't matter. They aren't and will never be French. France should have a team of ethnic French players, like every other European team should be filled with natives of their respective countries.

monsieur1
12-05-2023, 03:58 PM
Hahah :)
Funny photo :)

Tooting Carmen
12-05-2023, 04:39 PM
They are culturally and by birth French, and if they make they best sportspeople then so be it. I am no believer in open borders, but let us not get into hysterics here. And it can work both ways too: check out the rugby teams of the UAE and Hong Kong (and even arguably those of South Africa and Namibia).

Tooting Carmen
12-05-2023, 04:49 PM
More generally, while needless to say there is far more migration from the Global South to the West than the reverse, all the same the movement is nowhere near as one-way as a lot of people think. Even leaving aside current and past migrations of Westerners to Latin America and Southern Africa, Western immigrants in the Middle East and SE Asia in particular are hardly unicorns, while even the most impoverished African countries have their fair share of Western charity-workers and businesspeople, some of whom may well settle long-term.

Hektor12
12-05-2023, 04:51 PM
This is no cheat this is French nation today that you see in France.

Tooting Carmen
12-05-2023, 04:52 PM
This is no cheat this is French nation today that you see in France.

(Playing Devil's advocate): Would you also like to see the Turkish team filled with Syrians, Iraqis and Afghans?

Hektor12
12-05-2023, 04:56 PM
(Playing Devil's advocate): Would you also like to see the Turkish team filled with Syrians, Iraqis and Afghans?

Although theyre in Turkey, they arent citizens mostly. Only a few 100k are citizen who are mostly Turkmen/Uzbek origin. Those blacks are French citizens.

Tooting Carmen
12-05-2023, 04:58 PM
Although theyre in Turkey, they arent citizens mostly. Only a few k are citizen who are mostly Turkmen/Uzbek origin. Those blacks are French citizens.

French citizenship laws, like Britain's, are a complex hybrid of jus solis and jus sanguinis. While there is no automatic citizenship granted to children born in France where neither parent has French citizenship, from what I recall they can register automatically at the age of around twelve.

Hektor12
12-05-2023, 05:02 PM
French citizenship laws, like Britain's, are a complex hybrid of jus solis and jus sanguinis. While there is no automatic citizenship granted to children born in France where neither parent has French citizenship, from what I recall they can register automatically at the age of around twelve.

So there arent millions of black French citizens?

Tooting Carmen
12-05-2023, 05:10 PM
So there arent millions of black French citizens?

Yes there are.

Your Old Comrade
12-05-2023, 05:16 PM

A cat raised in a stable, is still not a horse.

Jehan
12-05-2023, 05:23 PM
No cheating here, just the great remplacement isn't a conspiracy theory.

gixajo
12-05-2023, 05:26 PM
No cheating here, just the great remplacement isn't a conspiracy theory.

I don't think there was any intention or planning to come to this with the intention that what some call "the great replacement" is supposed to have, it is a consequence of the naivety and shortsightedness of politicians.

Petalpusher
12-05-2023, 05:35 PM

It's automatic at the age of 18 but you can request it before at 13 as long you have lived 5 years there. Many have double nationalities, most. This is how some can switch teams along the way but of course it's better for their career to play for France.

Immanenz
12-05-2023, 05:44 PM
having this much fast twitch muscle fiber is a cheat code

there is nothing romantic about sports anymore, honestly i was stupid playing so much- its all about doping nowadays but at least some poor, otherwise useless kids turn out to become some multi-millionars because people are still stupid enough to follow this.

Zeno
12-05-2023, 05:46 PM

Being born in a certain place doesn't make you one with said place.

An African will ALWAYS be an African. And that's the end of it.

Hektor12
12-05-2023, 05:56 PM
An African will ALWAYS be an African. And that's the end of it.

Genetics says otherwise.

https://i.imgur.com/Hn3r7Sy.jpg

Victor
12-05-2023, 06:13 PM
The problem is that people take sports too serious, while its the most innocent and least important social consequence of influx of the Africans. Russia had Brazilians and Germans in Russian national team, two Brazilians because they've played in Russian league for almost a decade and got citizenship, few Germans by Russian territorial ancestry. As Russian citizens they could be called up to national team as any other Russian citizen of any ethnic group. It didn't mean we're getting invaded by Teutons or favela gangsters.

Tooting Carmen
12-05-2023, 09:50 PM
The problem is that people take sports too serious, while its the most innocent and least important social consequence of influx of the Africans. Russia had Brazilians and Germans in Russian national team, two Brazilians because they've played in Russian league for almost a decade and got citizenship, few Germans by Russian territorial ancestry. As Russian citizens they could be called up to national team as any other Russian citizen of any ethnic group. It didn't mean we're getting invaded by Teutons or favela gangsters.

True, compared to scandals and jokes like this, having a largely Black football team is hardly of great concern:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvaW_O4vHSQ

Zeno
12-06-2023, 10:11 AM
Genetics says otherwise.

https://i.imgur.com/Hn3r7Sy.jpg

Ah yes, because a haplogroup not found in Africa makes us African.

Get your OWD, you're not getting European either

Universe
12-06-2023, 11:19 AM
Under 16 French team

This is why I don't believe in the theory that "African Americans are good athletes becuase of selective breeding during slavery". People need to accept racial differences exist.

Universe
12-06-2023, 11:30 AM
But they are not french.
French ethnicity does not even exist according to the French.

There isn't an ethnic census in France, they don't believe in ethnicities/races.

Consumer Dna tests are banned in France. 23andme does not ship to France.

If you have French citizenship, you are French. Why are French laws like that? Some people will blame the Jews, others will blame American influence etc etc. I think it's because of the native, white Frenchmen.

Copied from wikipedia:
To be French, according to the first article of the French Constitution, is to be a citizen of France, regardless of one's origin, race, or religion (sans distinction d'origine, de race ou de religion).[42] According to its principles, France has devoted itself to the destiny of a proposition nation, a generic territory where people are bounded only by the French language and the assumed willingness to live together, as defined by Ernest Renan's "plébiscite de tous les jours" ('everyday plebiscite') on the willingness to live together, in Renan's 1882 essay "Qu'est-ce qu'une nation?").

Hektor12
12-06-2023, 12:01 PM
a haplogroup not found in Africa

https://media1.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExOW40engzZjAzMWs0NDliaGN2MmNhd3p 4MXVucGlraXJmZmpna20xZyZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfY nlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/29HRejgahYenVsohB5/giphy.gif

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Haplogrupo_E_%28ADN-Y%29.png

Mortimer
12-06-2023, 12:06 PM
To me those blacks are as french as white people that is just my honest opinion I can understand whites who say a cat born in a stable is not a horse but we have different concepts of nationality and im not saying because im anti white

Grace O'Malley
12-06-2023, 12:10 PM
They are culturally and by birth French, and if they make they best sportspeople then so be it. I am no believer in open borders, but let us not get into hysterics here. And it can work both ways too: check out the rugby teams of the UAE and Hong Kong (and even arguably those of South Africa and Namibia).

It's the way of the world now but being honest if the Irish rugby team was full of Africans with an Irish passport I would not feel any connection to that team. Sport is tribal as well and at the rate things are going one African team will just be playing another African team. I don't know how ethnic French people really feel any affinity to that team? This is how I honestly feel.

Blondie
12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
French ethnicity does not even exist according to the French.

There isn't an ethnic census in France, they don't believe in ethnicities/races.

Consumer Dna tests are banned in France. 23andme does not ship to France.

If you have French citizenship, you are French. Why are French laws like that? Some people will blame the Jews, others will blame American influence etc etc. I think it's because of the native, white Frenchmen.

Copied from wikipedia:
To be French, according to the first article of the French Constitution, is to be a citizen of France, regardless of one's origin, race, or religion (sans distinction d'origine, de race ou de religion).[42] According to its principles, France has devoted itself to the destiny of a proposition nation, a generic territory where people are bounded only by the French language and the assumed willingness to live together, as defined by Ernest Renan's "plébiscite de tous les jours" ('everyday plebiscite') on the willingness to live together, in Renan's 1882 essay "Qu'est-ce qu'une nation?").

France was such multiethnic country like old Hungary. Its similar to hungarian civic nationalism, when romanians, slovaks, serbs became hungarians by identity. But it does not mean hungarians accept africans or arabs to be part of hungarian nation, just like in France. Ask any french member about it, they dont consider them ethnic french just migrants from Africa.

Zeno
12-06-2023, 12:16 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExOW40engzZjAzMWs0NDliaGN2MmNhd3p 4MXVucGlraXJmZmpna20xZyZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfY nlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/29HRejgahYenVsohB5/giphy.gif

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Haplogrupo_E_%28ADN-Y%29.png

Didn't you talk about E-V13 though, which is exclusively present in Europe? Why you cite E in general?

Plus, no matter the haplogroups, this doesn't discredit that a man of a completely different race can become a member of the other. An African can never become European, and vice versa. Claiming otherwise is denying reality.

Semantics like that are, at least, annoying and, realistically, pathetic.

Hektor12
12-06-2023, 12:16 PM
I don't know how ethnic French people really feel any affinity to that team? This is how I honestly feel.

There is of course some very liberal French people out there who doesnt care but sharply rising popularity of white dominated sports in France such as rugby isnt surprising to be honest.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/2023/09/08/gerry-thornley-frances-love-affair-with-watching-rugby-dwarfs-participation-levels/

Hektor12
12-06-2023, 12:17 PM
Didn't you talk about E-V13 though, which is exclusively present in Europe? Why you cite E in general?

Whats the difference

Ranger0075
12-06-2023, 12:26 PM
African national teams are well known for being horrible at playing football.... they may have agility and speed, but technically deficient, zero training effort or tactically effective. They are also more individualist players than team's minded. It's common for countries like Nigeria with their 200 million inhabitants to lose matches for tiny countries like Uruguay.... If they are each day more common in France's team it probably means ethnic french are each day less interested at watching or playing football. Immigration doesnot look like the only factor over there.

Zeno
12-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Whats the difference

That the former is only present in Europe, while the latter aren't.

And I have to ask on my behalf: why do you try to discredit my arguments based on something that's not even related to the fact that someone cannot change their race, by solely inhabiting a certain ground?

Toxin
12-06-2023, 12:31 PM
It's the way of the world now but being honest if the Irish rugby team was full of Africans with an Irish passport I would not feel any connection to that team. Sport is tribal as well and at the rate things are going one African team will just be playing another African team. I don't know how ethnic French people really feel any affinity to that team? This is how I honestly feel.

You can feel connection to them if their performance can be attributed to being raised and trained in the Irish system.

Hektor12
12-06-2023, 12:34 PM
That the former is only present in Europe, while the latter aren't.

And I have to ask on my behalf: why do you try to discredit my arguments based on something that's not even related to the fact that someone cannot change their race, by solely inhabiting a certain ground?

This is how E-V13s became european some thousand years ago=

https://youtu.be/4z_B-t9CGHk

Youre talking with big words well beyong your knowledge and understanding of the life. That makes you look intellectually non-competitive.

Zeno
12-06-2023, 12:41 PM
This is how E-V13s became european some thousand years ago=

https://youtu.be/4z_B-t9CGHk

Youre talking with big words well beyong your knowledge and understanding of the life. That makes you look intellectually non-competitive.

Yeah, because like today, political leaders through one-sided decisions mass imported millions of Africans in the European continent...

And then, they magically changed their race afterwards. Makes absolute sense, thank you for enlightening us.

You do understand that your leaps of logic here make you more intellectually incapacitated than me in any case, don't you?

We're talking about PRESENT situations here. Does any European, including the Greeks, look like an African? No. Will the former ever look like the latter? Unless they make the Great Replacement "conspiracy" real, I doubt so. Can an African become a European? No, and that's the subject of this thread. Stay on the subject.

Hektor12
12-06-2023, 12:46 PM
Can an African become a European? No

Pontid, billions of africans have already become european, they arent going back. Open your eyes.

Grace O'Malley
12-06-2023, 12:49 PM
You can feel connection to them if their performance can be attributed to being raised and trained in the Irish system.

No I wouldn't feel any connection. The team I support is the Irish rugby team and I'm not at all interested in the Australian rugby team. I love Australia and this is my home but I've got a very strong connection to Ireland and Irish people. It's like an extension of your family and they are your tribe. I'm not unusual either as most people will feel that loyalty and attachment to their own ethnicity. It's visceral and it is why a relative of my father who was American raised used to kiss the ground when she got to Ireland. If a team is not of the same ethnicity of the country they represent then it's not really valid even if they are no 1. It's not like they are of your blood. :) Other people might feel differently but that is my honest opinion on the topic.

Zeno
12-06-2023, 12:50 PM
Pontid, billions of africans have already become european, they arent going back. Open your eyes.

Not if there's the necessary political will to kick them the fuck out.

Because the only thing preventing anyone from kicking them out is will. They just don't want to.

But not if the right decision-makers get into power. That slimy "they're Europeans" will be cut short shortly after.

Petalpusher
12-06-2023, 12:55 PM

French never had much interest in football, it's been long regarded as the lowest class sport, long before it actually became one in France. There was a spurt of enthusiasm for it after the 98 world cup but it has tapered off a lot since then. There are of course still a decent amount of enthusiasts for football in general as the sport is king in Europe, but not in mainstream culture here. Not long ago there were some sidewalk interview showing most random people were not even aware the country won the world cup in 2018 as well...

Zeno
12-06-2023, 01:00 PM
French never had much interest in football, it's been long regarded as the lowest class sport, long before it actually became one in France. There was a spurt of enthusiasm for it after the 98 world cup but it has tapered off a lot since then. There are of course still a decent amount of enthusiasts for football in general as the sport is king in Europe, but not in mainstream culture here. Not long ago there were some sidewalk interview showing most random people were not even aware the country won the world cup in 2018 as well...

So, this whole propaganda about needing Africans for sports prowess fell on deaf ears, for the most part?

Petalpusher
12-06-2023, 01:17 PM
So, this whole propaganda about needing Africans for sports prowess fell on deaf ears, for the most part?

I don't think it's a propaganda, it's just that youth from immigration background love football and they all dream of getting out of their ghetto through it. So there is an incredibly disproportionate amount who register in clubs and as their proportion increased, whites don't even want to go there anymore, except indeed a few other Europeans of immigrant background since some still live in the same banlieues than Blacks and NA or feel closer to the sub banlieue culture football became part of. I think it's a very social phenomenon but likely a similar one to what happened to Basketball in the US, while blacks are not as numerous there either as the NBA would suggest.
Of course Blacks tend to have developped physique much earlier than other races, so they will dominate easily in the youth teams if only for the physical aspect, which is what we start to see in other countries too. Afterwards when things equalize a lot more it's not that they don't want to select more whites, it's just they never went through the club system in the first place anymore.

Zeno
12-06-2023, 01:21 PM
I don't think it's a propaganda, it's just that youth from immigration background love football and they all dream of getting out of their ghetto through it. So there is an incredibly disproportionate amount who register in clubs and as their proportion increased, whites don't even want to go there anymore, except indeed a few other Europeans of immigrant background since some still live in the same banlieues than Blacks and NA or feel closer to the sub banlieue culture football became part of. I think it's a very social phenomenon but likely a similar one to what happened to Basketball in the US, while blacks are not as numerous there either as the NBA would suggest.
Of course Blacks tend to have developped physique much earlier than other races, so they will dominate easily in the youth teams if only for the physical aspect, which is what we start to see in other countries too. Afterwards it's not that they don't want to select more whites, it's just they never went through the club system in the first place anymore.

Ok, completely understood. So, what sports do the ethnic French prefer in general? Tennis I'd guess is pretty popular, considering you produce a lot of players, plus Roland Garros.

Hektor12
12-06-2023, 01:21 PM
Of course Blacks tend to have developped physique much earlier than other races, so they will dominate easily in the youth teams if only for the physical aspect, which is what we start to see in other countries too. Afterwards it's not that they don't want to select more whites, it's just they never went through the club system in the first place anymore.

And how a white player given a competitive body ridicules all those black superstars by using his brain= Jokic.

Mortimer
12-06-2023, 01:27 PM
Of course Blacks tend to have developped physique much earlier than other races, so they will dominate easily in the youth teams if only for the physical aspect, which is what we start to see in other countries too. Afterwards when things equalize a lot more it's not that they don't want to select more whites, it's just they never went through the club system in the first place anymore.

Do french view africans as french? I watch vatican and once they spoke to the world in five languages the french speaker was a black bishop to me it felt as if it is normal but if lets say the german or polish would be black I think it would be less accepted just my perception at that moment I might be wrong though

Petalpusher
12-06-2023, 01:30 PM
Ok, completely understood. So, what sports do the ethnic French prefer in general? Tennis I'd guess is pretty popular, considering you produce a lot of players, plus Roland Garros.

I think there is a wider variety than elsewhere, many love to fancy confidential sports or disciplines, in a typical french snobism fashion...

Petalpusher
12-06-2023, 01:33 PM
Do french view africans as french? I watch vatican and once they spoke to the world in five languages the french speaker was a black bishop to me it felt as if it is normal but if lets say the german or polish would be black I think it would be less accepted just my perception at that moment I might be wrong though

You have to separate the state policy and the people. Nobody see Africans as French in the population, not even the most leftist fringes despite what they claim. At best the oversea territory blacks are seen as part of "something French" but even then, they are still seen as foreigners to some degree (which drives them mad understandingly)

Tooting Carmen
12-06-2023, 02:40 PM
You have to separate the state policy and the people. Nobody see Africans as French in the population, not even the most leftist fringes despite what they claim. At best the oversea territory blacks are seen as part of "something French" but even then, they are still seen as foreigners to some degree (which drives them mad understandingly)

Could you envisage France having a Black or Arab president sometime over the next half-century?

Petalpusher
12-06-2023, 03:03 PM
Could you envisage France having a Black or Arab president sometime over the next half-century?

Many believes Marine Le Pen already can never become president for the unique reason she is a woman...Hence why the right tries to push Bardella now, so frankly i don't see non white happening anytime soon. Royal vs Sarkozy was a bloodbath too, i only see Marion Marechal with reasonable chances before 2050 (even the left sort of like her for some strange reasons, while she s a lot more "hardcore" than MLP). Past that is hard to predict at the rate everything is going in the country right now.

There is always the spectre of a monarch king in France lying in the shadows of politic, that is attached to a certain traditional figure.

While im at it, i must add, even the Corsicans are not seen as French, probably even less than a black dude from the Antilles.

Scarface F
12-06-2023, 03:23 PM

Jesus was born in stable too.

Oghuz
12-06-2023, 03:42 PM
Under 16 French team

This is funny as hell

catgeorge
12-07-2023, 11:01 PM
As the only French are sitting at the stands worshipping their new Gods.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2021/06/21/sports/19soccer-france1-print/merlin_189528273_1eb9d8c5-c04a-4982-b6b0-20ed76a93c79-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

Toxin
12-14-2023, 06:44 PM
No I wouldn't feel any connection. The team I support is the Irish rugby team and I'm not at all interested in the Australian rugby team. I love Australia and this is my home but I've got a very strong connection to Ireland and Irish people. It's like an extension of your family and they are your tribe. I'm not unusual either as most people will feel that loyalty and attachment to their own ethnicity. It's visceral and it is why a relative of my father who was American raised used to kiss the ground when she got to Ireland. If a team is not of the same ethnicity of the country they represent then it's not really valid even if they are no 1. It's not like they are of your blood. :) Other people might feel differently but that is my honest opinion on the topic.

I guess it depends on the size of the nation. The proportion of Russian blood in our athletes can vary from 100% to 50% to 0%, but if they achieve something, it's seen as our national success. I can imagine it's the same in America.

Kess
12-14-2023, 06:47 PM
But they are not french.

They are French according to French government and society. In France, being French is not determined by one's race or ethnicity. If you're a citizen of France, you're considered French. The idea of French identity is rooted in the principles of liberty, equality, and fraternity, regardless of one's background.

Flashball
12-14-2023, 06:52 PM
They are French according to French government and society. In France, being French is not determined by one's race or ethnicity. If you're a citizen of France, you're considered French. The idea of French identity is rooted in the principles of liberty, equality, and fraternity, regardless of one's background.

Go read genetic studies on the genetics of ethnic French people, you seem lost in the non-biological and egalitarian jargon of the anti-racist leftist ideology of the current "French" government.

A Congolese is not and cannot become a Frenchman, neither genetically nor genealogically.
A French person cannot become a Congolese.

Kess
12-14-2023, 06:58 PM
A Congolese is not and cannot become a Frenchman, neither genetically nor genealogically.
A French person cannot become a Congolese.

Nationality is often a legal status, and being French is not solely determined by genetic or ethnic considerations. It's about citizenship, shared values, and cultural participation. You don't agree with me, but I think modern French society and government do.

Petalpusher
12-14-2023, 07:06 PM
I believe 30% of the population might be Mongoloid too (half of the original meme kittygeorge forgot)

https://i.postimg.cc/jtNFvsGk/Fc86ewu-Xo-AA-Uu-T.jpg

This is all very confusing. Changes all the time depending on the sport.

Laredo
12-14-2023, 07:09 PM
But they are not french.

In the Americas USA, Colombia, Mexico Trinidad and Tobago etc you are seeing as local regardless of your origins don't understand why can't they be French if they are born and raised there?

Flashball
12-14-2023, 07:16 PM
Nationality is often a legal status, and being French is not solely determined by genetic or ethnic considerations. It's about citizenship, shared values, and cultural participation. You don't agree with me, but I think modern French society and government do.

It's genealogical and genetic, being a Pygmy doesn't make you Japanese and being Japanese doesn't make you a French.
Please read genetic studies instead of repeating absurd egalitarian things that reject biology, genetics, science.

Most French people oppose mass (legal and illegal) immigration and the current government is not really popular
Waste of time arguing with a leftist.

Creoda
12-14-2023, 07:22 PM
The only people being cheated by having a national team full of native-born ethnic aliens is the native people of that country, by not having a team that truly represents them. But ethnic-based national teams is not how international sport works unfortunately, nor has it ever.

Kess
12-14-2023, 07:33 PM
Most French people oppose mass (legal and illegal) immigration and the current government is not really popular
Waste of time arguing with a leftist.

Why does Macron keep winning then?

I am not a leftist btw.

Damiăo de Góis
12-14-2023, 07:36 PM
Not cheating, but a reflexion of society and years of immigration. Cheating is naturalizing foreign players to play for your national team, that is cheating.

Toxin
12-14-2023, 07:46 PM

Blondie
12-15-2023, 03:04 AM
In the Americas USA, Colombia, Mexico Trinidad and Tobago etc you are seeing as local regardless of your origins don't understand why can't they be French if they are born and raised there?

Flashball already explained it very well. He is ethnic french, so i trust him.

Davy Jones's Locker
01-03-2024, 09:53 AM

True. Africa Cup of Nations starts this month, the amount of players at that tournament who are from France is enormous.

It's automatic at the age of 18 but you can request it before at 13 as long you have lived 5 years there. Many have double nationalities, most. This is how some can switch teams along the way but of course it's better for their career to play for France.

I guess you are not referring to their career from a financial perspective given money in football is overwhelmingly in the club game rather than at International level, unlike certain other sports. Aubameyang for example probably hasn't lost much financially from representing Gabon.:confused:

Rather you meant from a sporting achievement career, for example that Mbappe would not have played in the last two World Cup finals had he chosen to play for Algeria or Cameroon. However in some cases I wonder if the likes of Ndombélé, Jonathan Ikoné or Nordi Mukiele regret their International career choice.

Not cheating, but a reflexion of society and years of immigration. Cheating is naturalizing foreign players to play for your national team, that is cheating.

Players like Pepe & Deco? Also Spain used Marcos Senna & Diego Costa.

What is your opinion on ethnically Portuguese players from other countries like Anthony Lopes or Kévin Rodrigues? Or Raphaël Guerreiro who is also from France as is his mother, but father from Portugal.

Petalpusher
01-03-2024, 10:13 AM
I guess you are not referring to their career from a financial perspective given money in football is overwhelmingly in the club game rather than at International level, unlike certain other sports. Aubameyang for example probably hasn't lost much financially from representing Gabon.:confused:

Rather you meant from a sporting achievement career, for example that Mbappe would not have played in the last two World Cup finals had he chosen to play for Algeria or Cameroon. However in some cases I wonder if the likes of Ndombélé, Jonathan Ikoné or Nordi Mukiele regret their International career choice.

It's better financially and even from a club perspective to play for a big national team of Europe and those 3 examples show it. It's also the guarantee (almost) to play all major competitions and the exposure that comes with it. Benzema for example admitted it, he felt Algerian but choosed France for that reason, he likely wouldn't have had the same career in club being the 9 of Algeria who gets to play the CAN nobody cares about, and qualify or pass the group stage of the world cup once in every blue moon. Ironically his national career turned out to be lacking in comparison which may or may not be related to voicing this opinion (Deschamps hated his attitude)

Damiăo de Góis
01-03-2024, 06:31 PM
Players like Pepe & Deco? Also Spain used Marcos Senna & Diego Costa.

Yes, that is clearly cheating and is shameful that my country does it, because we don't need it. We have enough good players born in Portugal.

What is your opinion on ethnically Portuguese players from other countries like Anthony Lopes or Kévin Rodrigues? Or Raphaël Guerreiro who is also from France as is his mother, but father from Portugal.

It's also bad because they don't speak the language and had to learn to anthem so they could sing it. But those naturalizations are not as bad as naturalizing brazilians for football, cubans for long jump, nigerians for sprinting, or chinese for table tennis like they also do here so we can win a few medals at the olympics.