PDA

View Full Version : Guess regions of origin in Spain.

gixajo
12-10-2023, 10:26 PM
These 6 persons are:

one 100% Galician
one 100% Andalusian
two 100% Basque Country
two 50/50 Andalusian/Basque Country mix.

Guess them.

https://i.imgur.com/tvP5huJ.png

Grace O'Malley
12-10-2023, 10:32 PM
These 6 persons are:

one 100% Galician
one 100% Andalusian
two 100% Basque Country
two 50/50 Andalusian/Basque Country mix.

Guess them.

https://i.imgur.com/tvP5huJ.png

Is there a unique look for different areas of Spain? They all look like they could be from any part of Spain.

Oliver109
12-10-2023, 10:35 PM
guy on left looks i think like a Galician peasant, couple on right might be the anda-basque mix?

Valenman
12-10-2023, 10:36 PM
1-Andaluz 2-Vasco 3-Mix 4-Vasca 5-Mix 6-Gallega

gixajo
12-10-2023, 10:41 PM
Is there a unique look for different areas of Spain? They all look like they could be from any part of Spain.

Maybe in very great groups of two very extreme regions we could find some slight differences, but in general I think itīs just impossible.

But here in TA it seems that some insist that there are distinctive and easily constatable ones , and here there are representatives of three distant and supposedly differentiable regions so letīs see if any can guess them.

If anyone succeeds it will be by pure chance, after all the variations are few.

Oliver109
12-10-2023, 10:44 PM
Maybe in very great groups of two very extreme regions we could find some slight differences, but in general I think itīs just impossible.

But here in TA it seems that some insist that there are distinctive and easily constatable ones , and here there are representatives of three distant and supposedly differentiable regions so letīs see if any can guess them.

If anyone succeeds it will be by pure chance, after all the variations are few.

Really? i have never heard anyone normal on here say that there are big differences in Spain regionally, some parts may have more types of one particular phenotype but 90% would look pretty much like everyone else in Spain.

gixajo
12-10-2023, 10:44 PM
1-Andaluz 2-Vasco 3-Mix 4-Vasca 5-Mix 6-Gallega

No.(3/6 right)

guy on left looks i think like a Galician peasant, couple on right might be the anda-basque mix?

No (1/3 right)

Letīs do it easier, guess just the 100% Galician (1) 100% Andalusian(1) and 100 % Basques (2).

Edit: re-edit: I was wrong itīs 3/6, sorry..

Tooting Carmen
12-10-2023, 10:47 PM
1) Basque 2) Galician 3) Andalusian 4) Andalusian/Basque 5) Basque 6) Andalusian/Basque. And here is the Basque football team: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?378067-Who-do-the-Welsh-footballers-resemble-more-the-Danish-footballers-or-the-Basque-footballers&p=7824766&viewfull=1#post7824766

Tooting Carmen
12-10-2023, 10:51 PM
For comparison, here is the Andalusian football team:
https://e00-marca.uecdn.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2016/12/29/14830434475845.jpg

gixajo
12-10-2023, 10:53 PM
1) Basque 2) Galician 3) Andalusian 4) Andalusian/Basque 5) Basque 6) Andalusian/Basque. And here is the Basque football team: rl]

Just one right Tooting.

Oliver109
12-10-2023, 10:55 PM
For comparison, here is the Andalusian football team:
https://e00-marca.uecdn.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2016/12/29/14830434475845.jpg

darker than average though kids show residual blondism

Tooting Carmen
12-10-2023, 10:58 PM
darker than average though kids show residual blondism

I think most of Spain is more similar to Andalusia than to Euskadi, apart from some of the Northern fringes.

gixajo
12-10-2023, 10:59 PM
Don't fill my thread with football teams now, please...

gixajo
12-10-2023, 11:01 PM
I think most of Spain is more similar to Andalusia than to Euskadi, apart from some of the Northern fringes.

Well then you should be able to differentiate the two Basques and the Andalusian in this group.

gixajo
12-10-2023, 11:04 PM
Well, I'm going to sleep, it's late. Tomorrow I will say who is from where, if anyone is still interested.

Tooting Carmen
12-10-2023, 11:11 PM
Well then you should be able to differentiate the two Basques and the Andalusian in this group.

All Spaniards can individually pass as the other regardless of region, and even most Portuguese can pass as Spaniards too. However, I think there are very slight regional group differences, albeit it is mainly a case of Basques and neighbours vs the rest. (Basques do indeed plot genetically differently from other Spaniards).

Oliver109
12-10-2023, 11:13 PM
All Spaniards can individually pass as the other regardless of region, and even most Portuguese can pass as Spaniards too. However, I think there are very slight regional group differences, albeit it is mainly a case of Basques and neighbours vs the rest. (Basques do indeed plot genetically differently from other Spaniards).

I don't really see a great difference between northernmost Spanish and central Spaniards or even eastern Spaniards, i think Andalucia overlaps most with the rest of the west.

Tooting Carmen
12-10-2023, 11:15 PM
I don't really see a great difference between northernmost Spanish and central Spaniards or even eastern Spaniards, i think Andalucia overlaps most with the rest of the west.

Well to put it another way: the areas closer to France (Catalonia/Aragon/Navarra/Euskadi) vs the rest. But the differences are pretty small in the overall scheme of things, of course.

cmt160
12-11-2023, 12:27 AM
To me all spaniards look the same no matter the region.

I've travelled all over Spain (more specifically the entire iberian peninsula, Portugal included) and there was the same amount and frecuency of each iberian pheno everywhere really, as in the same variety. Spain is a very homogenous country in terms of phenotype, and even genotype. Any differences there are it's only minor stuff in the genotype which doesnt even matter in the real world, all you can sense is phenotype and even than its just the averages that are the only difference you can find in those vahaduo graphs.

I'm from southeastern Spain (countryside in the region of Murcia) and my genotype if anything according to the averages, is closer to Portugal/Western Spain than it is to Eastern Spain and most importantly the murcian average. And as far as my genealogy goes it's almost completely from the region of Murcia itself, only some far away ancestors are from other parts of Spain. Meaning im identical to a western iberian genetically despite being from Eastern Iberia.

This last summer when I went to Portugal (Porto) I saw many boys that looked like clones of myself. And the people there as in the native portuguese all looked "spanish" to me, very familiar. Also in Galicia same stuff. All the people looked like they could be from my own town. All differences between iberians (I'd prefer using the term "spaniard" or even "hispanic" instead of "iberian" and "Spain" instead of "Iberia" because technically, ethymologically, historically even, the portuguese are just spaniards in denial and "Spain" which means Hispania is supposed to be the entire iberian peninsula) are completely manmade as in cultural/linguistical, which isnt necessarily bad even if not innate to humans. As it gives a sense of identity that the global elites want to erase in order to create a single worldwide culture and make it easier for all races to mingle (also via brainwashing through education and most importantly, media) and the world becoming one big brown melting pot full of mongrel slaves without identity who are also dysgenic (because thats what racemixing as in outbreeding causes) and grainfed, weak and unhealthy, possibly infertile/sterile as well (depopulation is also in their agenda, and most likely even the main focus, everything else is kinda secondary).

gixajo
12-11-2023, 09:17 AM

The purest individuals selected to represent Basques plot in one of the extremes of the Iberian cluster. An elonged and continued cluster that goes from one extreme in Canarians, and the opposite extreme in (Purest) Basques, that show a clear connection and the fact the base is the same, and this cluster separates us from the different contributions that each region has received with social and historical events.

You talk a lot and guess little, Tooting.

gixajo
12-11-2023, 01:07 PM
Well here we go.

1-Andalusian (uncle of my father, brother of my paternal grandmother)
2-Galician
3-Mixed daughter of 1 and 4, sister of 5.(Andalusian+Basque)
4-Basque
5-Mixed son of 1 and 4 and brother of 3.(Andalusian+Basque)
6-Basque

Kess
12-11-2023, 01:09 PM
Gallop posting by gixajo. Did he take over your account?

Beowulf
12-11-2023, 01:32 PM
Gallop posting by gixajo. Did he take over your account?

Is Gixajo's dog using his account, sometimes happens