PDA

View Full Version : Where does half British half Bangladeshi Andy Miah best pass typically?

Ketchup
12-21-2023, 06:11 AM
He seems to be a professor of psychology or something at the University of Salford, good for him. Phenotypically, I think he passes easily and typically in Southern Europe, with his jaw, face shape etc. I think he can also pass as some type of Jew (ashkenazi/sephardi??)

axel.aleman
12-21-2023, 12:29 PM
Levant

Ketchup
12-22-2023, 10:46 PM
Bump

Oliver109
12-22-2023, 11:23 PM
Maybe Balkans, father must have been more Pakistani looking

Ketchup
12-23-2023, 12:42 AM
Maybe Balkans, father must have been more Pakistani looking

LMAO what?!? He looks absolutely nothing like a Paki so no idea where that's coming from.

This is what they look like anyways without all the cherrypicking, extremely different.

Avicenna
12-23-2023, 07:10 AM
LMAO what?!? He looks absolutely nothing like a Paki so no idea where that's coming from.

This is what they look like anyways without all the cherrypicking, extremely different.

Looks like you've been triggered lol. If you read clearly , he says his FATHER must have been more Pakistani looking . Pakistanis are more western and lighter than Bengalis.

Oliver109
12-23-2023, 07:26 AM
Looks like you've been triggered lol. If you read clearly , he says his FATHER must have been more Pakistani looking . Pakistanis are more western and lighter than Bengalis.

Growing up I lived near a Bengali ghetto, they are quite variable but generally soft featured as opposed to more robust Pakistanis obviously. I think some Bangladeshis have heritage from other parts of India/Pakistan after partition as you see quite a wide range of skin tones in Bengalis from a dark olive like that seen in middle Easterners and western subcontinental to a dark Dravidian brown.

Ketchup
12-23-2023, 07:56 AM

Pakistanis are obviously lighter/Western looking than us, when and where did I say anything else? You must have some sort of complex if you're bringing that up out of nowhere when I never said anything else lmao

The guy's half English, one of the lightest ethnicities in the world so it's not that surprising that he looks that way considering guys tend to resemble their mothers more anyways.

Avicenna
12-23-2023, 08:18 AM
Pakistanis are obviously lighter/Western looking than us, when and where did I say anything else? You must have some sort of complex if you bringing that up out of nowhere when I never said anything else lmao

The guy's half English, one of the lightest ethnicities in the world so it's not that surprising that he looks that way considering guys tend to resemble their mothers more anyways.

Sure right, says the one who literally threw a tantrum when someone mentioned his father must have looked more Pakistani looking, then procedes to post a bunch of Pakistani criminals to show their uncherrypicked looks. And I'm the one with the complex?

Ketchup
12-23-2023, 08:40 AM
Growing up I lived near a Bengali ghetto, they are quite variable but generally soft featured as opposed to more robust Pakistanis obviously. I think some Bangladeshis have heritage from other parts of India/Pakistan after partition as you see quite a wide range of skin tones in Bengalis from a dark olive like that seen in middle Easterners and western subcontinental to a dark Dravidian brown.

The skintone variation really surprises me tbh, it's a bit puzzling because it's all over the place even tho most of us are pretty homogeneous genetically. I think the range goes from beige/"white" coloring like the type my friend has (which is rare honestly) to giga dark brown almost black Dravidians. I wish I had his permission to post this one pic where he's pretty much the same coloring as his pale Chinese friend because in the same pic is another Bangla in the opposite spectrum, with a black-ish skin tone.

I think Bangladeshis from the Eastern(Chittagong) and Northern(Rangpur) areas are lighter on average than other Banglas. You're in England and that's 90-95% Sylheti Bangladeshis who are from neither so that's somewhat interesting for me as well so maybe they don't have that range.

Oliver109
12-23-2023, 08:49 AM
The skintone variation really surprises me tbh, it's a bit puzzling because it's all over the place even tho most of us are pretty homogeneous genetically. I think the range goes from beige/"white" coloring like the type my friend has (which is very rare honestly) to giga dark brown almost black Dravidians. I wish I had his permission to post this one pic where he's pretty much the same coloring as his pale Chinese friend because in the same pic is another Bangla in the opposite spectrum, with a black-ish skin tone.

I think Bangladeshis from the Eastern(Chittagong) and Northern(Rangpur) areas are lighter on average than other Banglas. You're in England and that's 90-95% Sylheti Bangladeshis who are from neither so that's somewhat interesting for me as well so maybe they don't have that range.

One mate i have is from Sylhet, he is a bit vague about his family background but people always mistake him for Pakistani and he is quite robust as well unlike his father who is more obviously Bangladeshi and with a more east Indian sort of look, his mother looks Pakistani like maybe from Lahore or around there. Most Sylhetis are not that dark and tend to a more brachid look i would say and many gracile indids too, even someone with an Ariana Grande complexion wouldn't look that out of place there.

Ketchup
12-23-2023, 08:59 AM
One mate i have is from Sylhet, he is a bit vague about his family background but people always mistake him for Pakistani and he is quite robust as well unlike his father who is more obviously Bangladeshi and with a more east Indian sort of look, his mother looks Pakistani like maybe from Lahore or around there. Most Sylhetis are not that dark and tend to a more brachid look i would say and many gracile indids too, even someone with an Ariana Grande complexion wouldn't look that out of place there.

I see. btw what do you mean by East Indian here?? Like East Brachid?? NE Indian/Mongoloid influenced?

Oliver109
12-23-2023, 09:02 AM
I see. btw what do you mean by East Indian here?? Like East Brachid?? NE Indian/Mongoloid influenced?

yeah, like that and also more primitive dravidian influenced types seen on the eastern coast of India

Ketchup
12-23-2023, 09:13 AM
yeah, like that and also more primitive dravidian influenced types seen on the eastern coast of India

Hmm would this guy be a good example of what you're talking about? He's a famous singer, and I think he looks very ancient, very neolithic

Oliver109
12-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Hmm would this guy be a good example of what you're talking about? He's a famous singer, and I think he looks very ancient, very neolithic

Yeah basically like that