PDA

View Full Version : How often did you have Covid? Pls also vote!

rothaer
12-21-2023, 12:09 PM
It's December 2023. How often did you have Covid?

Is there an immunity for Covid?

The latter question arises to me as neither me, nor my wife or any of our three common children that are going to school ever had Covid although being exposed to it repeatedly. One of the children is the only one in its school class that did not have Covid while all classmates had it at least two times. Also, what is called Covid without symptoms can essentially be ruled out as my wife permanently tested both herself and the three children. Only I never tested but I also physically hang closely together with the others so whatever we have we would mutually infect each others, however, on an infectiousity level like Covid has.

What are your experiences, observations and thoughts?

Katarzyna
12-21-2023, 12:11 PM
I had it thrice

Victor
12-21-2023, 12:17 PM
I had it two times with loss of taste and scent as only symptom.

Petalpusher
12-21-2023, 12:26 PM
I never had it and have seen people around getting it, up to 3 or 4 times. Either some are naturally immune somehow or don't have the symptoms.

Your Old Comrade
12-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Twice. Didn't particularly enjoy it.

kingmob
12-21-2023, 12:34 PM
I had delta, diagnosed with molecular testing, and it felt like a cold with the exception that I lost taste and smell for six months, same for the wife.

We haven't bothered with it since, that happened during the lockdowns, so if we had it again, it wasn't serious enough to notice.

We are both not innoculated.

Zeno
12-21-2023, 12:36 PM
Only once, close to Easter of 2022.

Unvaccinated (truly, not the "2 dose" unvaccinated). Crazy if you think I live in one of the countries that was the most obsessed with this.

Kess
12-21-2023, 12:38 PM
Despite the high likelihood of contracting Covid-19 due to my father's profession, my family and I never tested positive. If we did have Covid-19, it presented itself as nothing more than a regular flu for us.

lei.talk
12-21-2023, 12:43 PM
every corona variant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_the_United_States) that passed through our neighborhood
had a slight effect on me:

as my family stirred in the morning,
my usual sensation of being able to sprint to the horizon
or leap to touch the clouds
would be absent.

first a deep and thorough sinus-flush
with :thumbs navage (https://navage.com/) :thumbs

then,
ten minutes of immersion up to my ear-lobes
at one-hundred-and-five degrees
in our hot-tub (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_tub)

(to simulate a high fever)

followed by a one-minute cold rinse
and my symptoms would be un-notice-able.

daily contact with dozens of persons in public
ensured a constant exposure
and a constant refinement of my immunity.

it was no worse than the beginning of the flu-season
each year when school begins.

the germs would gain a march
during the reduced metabolic activity of sleep — then be slaughtered
once my blood-circulation was stimulated.

eventually, a thorough sinus-rinse
before bed reduced even those slight symptoms.

consequently,
my natural resistance and general good health
proved satisfactory.

Victor
12-21-2023, 12:45 PM
with the exception that I lost taste and smell for six months

Damn! This condition lasted for 1-2 weeks both times for me, fully recovered afterwards.

kingmob
12-21-2023, 12:48 PM
Damn! This condition lasted for 1-2 weeks both times for me, fully recovered afterwards.

Six bloody months without tasting a cigar.

Dick
12-21-2023, 12:56 PM
I had the psi upsilon omicron pi variant. Symptoms were dysphagia and erectile dysfunction.

rothaer
12-21-2023, 01:04 PM
I had the psi upsilon omicron pi variant. Symptoms were dysphagia and erectile dysfunction.

So you didn't face and suffer from the omicron iota lambda via gra variant that causes a permanent erection for two weeks?

hazmatnik
12-21-2023, 01:13 PM
I had it twice, both times followed with 40C+ temperature and severe pain in all my bones, especially in my back.
First time i just woked up with symptoms 4h after departure on my Chicago to Istanbul flight and 6h after i got negative test.
Second time just woke up in my truck in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming, couldnt move for two days.

Mr.G
12-21-2023, 01:18 PM
As memory serves, I had the original shot, and then one booster..

Some months later, I think it was when the first omicron variant was circulating, I got covid. Was not bad at all for me, it felt much more like a cold than the flu. I think I had a mild fever for several days and a sore throat that lasted about a week. Never lost my sense of taste or smell. No lasting effects.

Since then, I have been around people who have tested positive. I never had another booster. And I've never had covid again. So far.

rothaer
12-21-2023, 01:41 PM
I had it twice, both times followed with 40C+ temperature and severe pain in all my bones, especially in my back.
First time i just woked up with symptoms 4h after departure on my Chicago to Istanbul flight and 6h after i got negative test.
Second time just woke up in my truck in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming, couldnt move for two days.

Wtf?!

Btw. I know an individual that was healthy and abt. 65 yo. He got Covid, was hit hard by it, got put in an artificial koma in hospital and was released in a wheel chair and is again learning to walk...

Kazimiera
12-21-2023, 01:56 PM
I haven't had it although I have been exposed.

The hospital was over-run with patients. They were getting rid of the dead bodies as quickly as they could, to make the beds available to those waiting to be admitted. It was absolute madness.

I'm immunocompromised, so I wasn't allowed to work the first nine months of Covid. Thankfully the government set up a temporary relief grant for those of us who lost out on work. I went back to work in about November 2020. They didn't allow me to work directly with Covid patients but I was in the same ward, so there was definitely some exposure. But I stuck to all the rules and wore my PPE religiously.

Nowadays I work with Covid patients but since Covid isn't what it used to be I'm not that worried anymore but I still wear the masks when I go to see those patients.

I also haven't been vaccinated.

A lot of my colleagues had it. Some recovered 100%. Others still have severe headaches and loss of taste.

Beowulf
12-21-2023, 01:58 PM
I've never had it

hazmatnik
12-21-2023, 02:08 PM
Wtf?!

Thats what i said first time too, it was very strange to me. I did blood tests two days after i landed and results were pointing toward something else.Doctor said he thinks i had kidney stone stuck somewhere (i dont have kidney stones), but test on Covid was positive now too and every test i did next two weeks was positive, had to reschedule my flight back to US twice.

Hithaeglir
12-21-2023, 02:16 PM
Once in March of 2022 and the second one last week. The second time I barely felt it.

retfala
12-21-2023, 02:44 PM
I never had it, although I was exposed; two of my co-workers had it.

Vessna
12-21-2023, 03:02 PM
I had COVID three times due to high occupational exposure. I now see daily 10+ people with COVID, in the midst of the pandemic it was 30+ and more, combined hospital and clinic. They were not always masked/wearing PPE.
I caught omicron variant in January of 2021. I don't think I've ever been that sick in my life. I was off work for 4 weeks, took me 8 weeks to completely recover, cognitive function took 6 month to improve. In my field cognitive decline is comparable to disability. The other two times were fine, I just had a cough for a few weeks.
Overall, 2020-2021 was the worst. We had several physicians die in the first year of COVID. I am vaccinated, thrice.
Immunity to COVID lasts about 8-12 weeks, at that time the risk of reinfection is low, then it slowly decreases as levels of antibodies fall. It does offer some protection from severe disease in the future. You can still get reinfected due to viral mutations.

Rædwald
12-21-2023, 03:05 PM
I might have had it once, but I never tested it to confirm. Lasted a few days, and lost taste for about a week. Never took the jabs, only sick that one time two years ago.

oszkar07
12-21-2023, 09:35 PM
I've had it twice , once in 22 and 23. Both occasions I opted to work from home instead of taking sick leave from work.
It was not too bad like a mild flu.I think both times I just had one day where I had temp up to 38c but it came down pretty
quickly after taking painkillers.
Due to my work I had to have 3 vax shots it was compulsory, Im not happy about this and don't wish to have any more vax.

PlattitüdenPaule
12-21-2023, 09:38 PM
Not once, though I`ve never received even one shot. Suspicious indeed.

thatoneton
12-21-2023, 10:02 PM
Once, it was like a bad flu, and I had some serious throat problems for a couple months afterwards, but they passed.

BlissPV
12-22-2023, 10:37 AM
No jabs. No Covid. Barely ever wore a mask. But I might have been shed on.

Mopi Licinius Crassus
12-27-2023, 09:23 AM
I've caught it just once (so far)

Late June 2022

Grace O'Malley
12-27-2023, 09:39 AM
I've never had it and being exposed multiple times. I also have only had flu once that I can recall so I don't bother getting immunisations. If I started contracting either flu or Covid I would get immunised.

Kess
01-19-2024, 09:21 PM
I had delta, diagnosed with molecular testing, and it felt like a cold with the exception that I lost taste and smell for six months, same for the wife.

We haven't bothered with it since, that happened during the lockdowns, so if we had it again, it wasn't serious enough to notice.

We are both not innoculated.

Interestingly, I and my family never caught COVID-19. At the beginning of the pandemic, my father had a cold, and he said it was something he had never experienced before. He believes that he caught COVID-19 at that time, but me and my mother didn't become sick at that time.

Incal
01-19-2024, 10:09 PM
I think I had it twice.

majevica
01-19-2024, 10:15 PM
Never

~Elizabeth~
01-19-2024, 10:17 PM
Never had covid, as far as I know. I've never been tested for it and never been vaccinated for covid.

frankhammer
01-19-2024, 10:32 PM
Once that I am aware of. Omicron most probably caught from my son or DiL at home. I tested because my lhs sinus felt unusual and we had infants in the house. No loss of this or that.

I have had the odd cold since so i test due to an infant and toddler in the house. Also I deal with relatively old folk so show them the respect due.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-19-2024, 10:40 PM
I assume I've been exposed but I never had it.

I didn't take the vaccine.

Kess
01-19-2024, 11:02 PM
It's intriguing that in the event of a flu outbreak, we seem to catch it before others do. Yet, when it comes to COVID-19, my family managed to avoid contracting it altogether.

Barba
01-19-2024, 11:18 PM
Never had it and I was quite exposed; some of my closest family members had it more than once.

Barba
01-19-2024, 11:19 PM
dp

Vessna
01-19-2024, 11:47 PM
just had it again 2 weeks ago, it was my fourth time having Covid.

tropicalslavic
01-20-2024, 12:12 AM
Only had it once, not vaccinated, never really wore a mask (except when my job required it). This was two years ago.

I possibly had it other times and thought it was a cold, but only one respiratory infection I've had in the last years was bad enough to get tested about, and it was COVID. Sucked ass but I lived and haven't felt that bad since. Eat your veggies.

Vessna
01-20-2024, 12:27 AM
Only had it once, not vaccinated, never really wore a mask (except when my job required it). This was two years ago.

I possibly had it other times and thought it was a cold, but only one respiratory infection I've had in the last years was bad enough to get tested about, and it was COVID. Sucked ass but I lived and haven't felt that bad since. Eat your veggies.

While veggies are indisputably good for your health, that doesn’t always help to avoid illness especially if you’re constantly exposed. Most people in this thread do not see 50-60 sick people a day that cough and sneeze in their face.