PDA

View Full Version : Ask Zeno anything.

Zeno
12-22-2023, 12:13 AM
Disclaimer: not about too personal information. But for anything else, if I'm in the position to give an answer, I will. If I cannot give a properly comprehensive answer I'll just openly say that I'm not able to.

With that being said... Let's go

Mortimer
12-22-2023, 12:15 AM
Which party or political group in Greece do you vote for are you member of? You seem right leaning?

Cybele
12-22-2023, 01:13 AM
Do you play any instrument?
What type of music do you like? (Favorite bands/ artists?)
What it’s something that you’re passionate about?
Favorite food? Can you cook any dish?
Favorite subject at Uni and why?
Are a dreamer or a realistic person? What are your goals in life?
How would you define your political views?
Best advice you’ve received?
What is something that makes your day better?
Where did you spend your favorite vacation?
Which place in Greece would be your first recommendation for visiting?
Have you taken a DNA test? If not, do you plan to?

Tauromachos
12-22-2023, 02:09 AM
What is your age?

Melkiirs
12-22-2023, 02:12 AM
What is your age?

He is 21. You can just check his profile for that.

Tauromachos
12-22-2023, 02:17 AM
He is 21. You can just check his profile for that.
:picard1::rolleyes: :lol:

Oh yes ofc forgott was to ambitious to ask him a question :lol:

Etelfrido
12-22-2023, 02:20 AM
Which country (besides Greece, obviously) do Greeks generally have more affinity to? And which would it be for you personally?

Zeno
12-22-2023, 09:27 AM
Which party or political group in Greece do you vote for are you member of? You seem right leaning?\

I have never voted in national elections.

Do you play any instrument?
What type of music do you like? (Favorite bands/ artists?)
What it’s something that you’re passionate about?
Favorite food? Can you cook any dish?
Favorite subject at Uni and why?
Are a dreamer or a realistic person? What are your goals in life?
How would you define your political views?
Best advice you’ve received?
What is something that makes your day better?
Where did you spend your favorite vacation?
Which place in Greece would be your first recommendation for visiting?
Have you taken a DNA test? If not, do you plan to?

These are quite a lot of questions, hahahahahahahaha

Well:
1. No, unfortunately I don't play any instrument.
2. My favourite music is metal, all kinds almost. Listening to Batushka, Rotting Christ, Mayhem, Rammstein mostly. Then, I listen to classical music quite a lot, as well as traditional Greek dance music.
3. My favourite foods are pastitsio, souffle (not exactly a souffle, but that's how we Greeks call it) and souvlaki. Quite typical of the average Greek, and no surprises, they're fucking amazing. No, I cannot cook almost anything. Even though I should learn.
4. Any subject regarding international diplomacy. Very relatable and exciting in nature.
5. Both. I have dreams, but I use them as "fuel" to motivate me to achieve something realistically.
6. I'd define myself as a nationalist. Pretty clear-cut, as I have very bad experiences from multiculturalism myself, and also do believe that any nation should maintain itself as it is. Human diversity would be ruined if it was basically homogenised through constant mixing. I mean, that's how Indians in America perished, if you see through.
7. To do whatever I seemed the most fit to myself. Pretending you're something else from what you are is seriously detrimental to your health, mental and physical even.
8. Working out. Even if it's something as slight as push-ups, it can make me feel a lot more energetic. But I need to get registered to a gym. I actually want to gain muscle mass.
9. My most favourite place was Cephalonia. It's actually the first place apart from my village where I went more than once for vacation. Mostly to see my sister who's studying there, but a vacation nonetheless. Beautiful island, lots of green and very nice architecture.
10. Many places are worth visiting. I'd personally recommend Meteora, the Foloi oak forest (personal ancestral homeland advertisement here), Cephalonia, any of the Ionian Islands in general, Athens, but the suburbs (the centre is too mainstream but you can ofc go there for the ancient monuments and the Acropolis), Thessaloniki, Western Macedonia,and now, since it's winter, Arachova and Parnassos a bit north of Athens, Zagorochoria in Epirus, Florina... You get the idea, the entire country is a marvel.
11. No, I haven't. But I consider it for the future.

What is your age?

As Milkaner said, it's in my profile, 21, nearing 22.

Which country (besides Greece, obviously) do Greeks generally have more affinity to? And which would it be for you personally?

Greeks in general would consider Italy as their closer to them country. Hence the "una faccia, una razza" adage. Personally, I feel closer to Italians.

Laly
12-22-2023, 11:03 AM
Do you like animals?

Do you have/did you have a pet?

Why people here are so hostile towards me?

BlissPV
12-22-2023, 11:11 AM
Will Greece be able to protect itself from further invasion from multicultural hordes? Is there any hope?

Florstadt
12-22-2023, 11:30 AM
\

I have never voted in national elections.

Well:
1. No, unfortunately I don't play any instrument.
2. My favourite music is metal, all kinds almost. Listening to Batushka, Rotting Christ, Mayhem, Rammstein mostly. Then, I listen to classical music quite a lot, as well as traditional Greek dance music.
3. My favourite foods are pastitsio, souffle (not exactly a souffle, but that's how we Greeks call it) and souvlaki. Quite typical of the average Greek, and no surprises, they're fucking amazing. No, I cannot cook almost anything. Even though I should learn.
4. Any subject regarding international diplomacy. Very relatable and exciting in nature.
5. Both. I have dreams, but I use them as "fuel" to motivate me to achieve something realistically.
6. I'd define myself as a nationalist. Pretty clear-cut, as I have very bad experiences from multiculturalism myself, and also do believe that any nation should maintain itself as it is. Human diversity would be ruined if it was basically homogenised through constant mixing. I mean, that's how Indians in America perished, if you see through.
7. To do whatever I seemed the most fit to myself. Pretending you're something else from what you are is seriously detrimental to your health, mental and physical even.
8. Working out. Even if it's something as slight as push-ups, it can make me feel a lot more energetic. But I need to get registered to a gym. I actually want to gain muscle mass.
9. My most favourite place was Cephalonia. It's actually the first place apart from my village where I went more than once for vacation. Mostly to see my sister who's studying there, but a vacation nonetheless. Beautiful island, lots of green and very nice architecture.
10. Many places are worth visiting. I'd personally recommend Meteora, the Foloi oak forest (personal ancestral homeland advertisement here), Cephalonia, any of the Ionian Islands in general, Athens, but the suburbs (the centre is too mainstream but you can ofc go there for the ancient monuments and the Acropolis), Thessaloniki, Western Macedonia,and now, since it's winter, Arachova and Parnassos a bit north of Athens, Zagorochoria in Epirus, Florina... You get the idea, the entire country is a marvel.
11. No, I haven't. But I consider it for the future.

As Milkaner said, it's in my profile, 21, nearing 22.

Greeks in general would consider Italy as their closer to them country. Hence the "una faccia, una razza" adage. Personally, I feel closer to Italians.

Which song of them you like the most?

Those are my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StZcUAPRRac&ab_channel=RammsteinOfficial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af59U2BRRAU&ab_channel=RammsteinOfficial

Tooting Carmen
12-22-2023, 01:07 PM
Which languages can you speak to at least intermediate level?

Zeno
12-22-2023, 02:30 PM
Which song of them you like the most?

Those are my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StZcUAPRRac&ab_channel=RammsteinOfficial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af59U2BRRAU&ab_channel=RammsteinOfficial

Both are awesome :)

Zeno
12-22-2023, 02:31 PM
Which languages can you speak to at least intermediate level?

English only unfortunately.

I can understand only a thing or two from many languages, but honestly, I need to learn a second one urgently.

Tooting Carmen
12-22-2023, 02:55 PM
English only unfortunately.

I can understand only a thing or two from many languages, but honestly, I need to learn a second one urgently.

How well do you think English-language music, literature or humour translate into Greek? If someone tried to e.g. sing Madonna songs or write Dickens novels in Greek, would it come out well?

Hektor12
12-22-2023, 03:00 PM
Halı saha maçında benim takımımda mısın piskopat samuray kessaras'ın takımında mı?

Zeno
12-22-2023, 03:11 PM
Halı saha maçında benim takımımda mısın piskopat samuray kessaras'ın takımında mı?

Don't know the reference here.

Zeno
12-22-2023, 03:12 PM
How well do you think English-language music, literature or humour translate into Greek? If someone tried to e.g. sing Madonna songs or write Dickens novels in Greek, would it come out well?

Unless they can rhyme or use fancy vocabulary, not well at all.

hurtuv
12-22-2023, 03:29 PM
Do you know some Greek blogs or other types of online content; about subjects such as history, geography, culture, photographic archives, outdoors and hiking, points of interest to visit, etc; that you can recommend?

Zeno
12-22-2023, 06:36 PM
Do you know some Greek blogs or other types of online content; about subjects such as history, geography, culture, photographic archives, outdoors and hiking, points of interest to visit, etc; that you can recommend?

No I don't unfortunately.

~Elizabeth~
12-22-2023, 07:07 PM
Why did you choose "Zeno" as your screen name?

Is "Zeno" your real name?

What kind of name is "Zeno"?

Is it Greek?

My maternal grandmother had a brother named Zeno. They were not Greek.

Zeno
12-22-2023, 07:27 PM
Why did you choose "Zeno" as your screen name?

Is "Zeno" your real name?

What kind of name is "Zeno"?

Is it Greek?

My maternal grandmother had a brother named Zeno. They were not Greek.

"Zeno" refers to Zeno of Citium, a stoic philosopher. I just chose it at the time, because we were taught about him at 12th grade (when I joined, I was still at school), and I liked his teachings. And Stoicism is in general a very practical philosophy for today's times.

"Zeno" is a nickname merely for me.

Hektor12
12-22-2023, 07:50 PM
Stoicism is in general a very practical philosophy for today's times.

Do i fit in your understanding of stoicism judging by my personality in the forum?

gixajo
12-22-2023, 07:53 PM
What is your favorite Greek myth?

~Elizabeth~
12-22-2023, 08:08 PM
"Zeno" refers to Zeno of Citium, a stoic philosopher. I just chose it at the time, because we were taught about him at 12th grade (when I joined, I was still at school), and I liked his teachings. And Stoicism is in general a very practical philosophy for today's times.

"Zeno" is a nickname merely for me.

Thank you for answering my questions. :)

I didn't know about Zeno of Citium. :cool:

Zeno
12-22-2023, 08:37 PM
Do i fit in your understanding of stoicism judging by my personality in the forum?

I don't know your personality to be honest.

What is your favorite Greek myth?

All of Greek mythology sounds amazing in my personal opinion. I think that the myth of Prometheus is the most interesting.

Scarface F
12-22-2023, 09:15 PM
do you have any female friends and do you believe in male-female friendships?

Zeno
12-22-2023, 09:38 PM
do you have any female friends and do you believe in male-female friendships?

Yes, quite a lot of actually. One of my closest friends is a female, and a shared friend with my sister. We're almost like siblings.

I personally do. I do make distinctions between a friend and a partner when it comes to women. And I think it comes naturally when you want to be closer with a woman, than just being a friend.

Zeno
12-22-2023, 09:44 PM
Thank you for answering my questions. :)

I didn't know about Zeno of Citium. :cool:

You should check out his philosophy, as well as Stoicism in general, they are indeed quite helpful in dealing with many of the issues of today.

Epicurus is also a nice philosopher to start from there.

Zeno
12-22-2023, 09:52 PM
Do you like animals?

Do you have/did you have a pet?

Why people here are so hostile towards me?

I like many animals, not all of them though.

I don't, but I'd love to have a dog as a pet. Would give me more company.

For you, I don't about the rest. To me you're just implicated at very surreal situations at times. But other than that, quite interesting.

Will Greece be able to protect itself from further invasion from multicultural hordes? Is there any hope?

Well, for now with the current government, not much. Greece isn't nearly as multicultural as the US, but our leadership seems to do many moves that will make us in the future. Good thing is there's loads of resistance, but it can't be useful if people aren't, at the least, going to kick out these political forces that desire these hordes out of power.

Tauromachos
12-23-2023, 01:41 AM
Whats your favorite style of Greek music?

Italicus
12-23-2023, 02:53 AM
Favorite region of Greece? Favorite region of Italy?

Cybele
12-23-2023, 04:28 AM

Thanks for answering to almost all of them of them tho! Your replays were interesting to read. I can also relate to the working out, that it improves energy levels. I've been watching Jeremy Ethier's channel lately (I do find his videos overall quite informative). Maybe there is some info you'll find helpful in there, related to gaining muscle mass. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gzBcPa4Is0
Talking about physical exercises, do you like any sport in particular?

I wanted to ask what it's the solution in your view, for the problem of multiculturalism in Greece but I've seen you already answered that. I also believe it's a political problem that unfortunately slowly starts to affect most of Europe.

Also I like a lot your recommendations on places to visit in Greece. I looked at photos and Cephalonia really caught my eye, it looks like a dream judging by images on the net. But the other places are very nice as well. Must feel great to live in a place with so many beautiful cities and natural landscapes and rich history. :)

Scarface F
12-23-2023, 11:11 AM
do you have any accent?

Zeno
12-23-2023, 01:12 PM
Whats your favorite style of Greek music?

The strictly traditional one. I hate almost every modern day skyladika.

Zeno
12-23-2023, 01:13 PM
Favorite region of Greece? Favorite region of Italy?

Favourite region of Greece is Peloponnese, my homeland. From Italy, I sincerely don't know, never travelled to Italy or abroad in general.

Zeno
12-23-2023, 01:13 PM
do you have any accent?

You mean in English? Not much, if any at all.

Scarface F
12-23-2023, 01:15 PM
You mean in English? Not much, if any at all.

In Greek :) Your English is excellent and I wonder how common is such western sounding English accent among Greeks?
are there many regional dialects in Greece?

Zeno
12-23-2023, 01:15 PM
Thanks for answering to almost all of them of them tho! Your replays were interesting to read. I can also relate to the working out, that it improves energy levels. I've been watching Jeremy Ethier's channel lately (I do find his videos overall quite informative). Maybe there is some info you'll find helpful in there, related to gaining muscle mass. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gzBcPa4Is0
Talking about physical exercises, do you like any sport in particular?

I wanted to ask what it's the solution in your view, for the problem of multiculturalism in Greece but I've seen you already answered that. I also believe it's a political problem that unfortunately slowly starts to affect most of Europe.

Also I like a lot your recommendations on places to visit in Greece. I looked at photos and Cephalonia really caught my eye, it looks like a dream judging by images on the net. But the other places are very nice as well. Must feel great to live in a place with so many beautiful cities and natural landscapes and rich history. :)

For exercising, no, I have no particular sport which I love.

For multiculturalism, honestly political will would be enough for the recommendations I have displayed in the past.

As for Greece, it has quite a lot of places that are sincerely beautiful. Thing is, they must not be ruined by tourism, as many other places have.

Zeno
12-23-2023, 01:17 PM
In Greek :) Your English is excellent and I wonder how common is such western sounding English accent among Greeks?
are there many regional dialects in Greece?

No, in Greek I speak the standard, "Athenian" if you like, dialect. But many of my relatives have the provincial, or as we mockingly say it as "Vlachic", accent, with very intense pronunciations of lambda and n.

For Greeks speaking with an American or British-like accent, it's not frequent, but it's not rare. It in fact gets a lot more frequent with younger generations, as we're much more accustomed to English-speaking culture.

Zeno
12-23-2023, 03:40 PM
Bump

Zeno
12-24-2023, 09:24 AM
Go ahead, ask me any question, I do want to discuss :D

Scarface F
12-24-2023, 10:58 AM
I have a feeling you are western oriented Greek? Eleborate how you see Greece and where should it be.

Zeno
12-24-2023, 11:43 AM
I have a feeling you are western oriented Greek? Eleborate how you see Greece and where should it be.

Well, not exactly. Especially how the West is now like, I really don't want Greece to be oriented towards the rest of the West. But, I don't see Greece as Western-oriented, but already Western, in many many fields, including mentality in terms of many social issues.

I personally would like Greece to be independent, as objectively it doesn't belong to either the West or the East definitively.

Kess
12-24-2023, 10:06 PM
Have you tried Turkish yoghurt? I have never tried Greek yoghurt, but I heard it tastes sweet compared to Turkish one.

Annihilus
12-24-2023, 10:35 PM
Have you tried Turkish yoghurt? I have never tried Greek yoghurt, but I heard it tastes sweet compared to Turkish one.

Yes you have tried "Greek" yoghurt, it's just süzme yoğurt.

Mortimer
12-25-2023, 06:21 AM
Are Greeks some type of ancient super race like atlantis or something was atlantis greek? Or greeks are just average europeans like all others, or they are somehow special within the european family?

https://i.ibb.co/xYnz9bf/Greek2.jpg (https://ibb.co/42b4vLY)

Zeno
12-25-2023, 01:23 PM

I haven't to be honest. But merely due to the lower fat content, aka, the lesser amount of whey in the yoghurt, it indeed tastes a lot more mellow and it's less tangy.

Yes you have tried "Greek" yoghurt, it's just süzme yoğurt.

Your strained yoghurt has a lot more fat content on average than Greek yoghurt, 10+% instead of 1-2%, which gives the latter more sugar content, aka, it makes it less sour. I have tried 10% fat content yoghurt and it wasn't exactly as tasty as the 2% fat content yoghurt we eat here. And from what I've seen your yoghurt is noticeably thicker than the Greek one. And as I've tried it once, I didn't think it was nearly as good. But that's what I'm accustomed with.

kingmob
12-25-2023, 01:29 PM
Aren't you bored of 'greece is this and greece is that, greeks do this and greeks do that.'

Any plans of travelling?

Hektor12
12-25-2023, 01:38 PM
Whats the skin type breakdown of Pontids in Greece from your experience? I think majority type 3 but some % grouping would be nice.

Zeno
12-25-2023, 01:41 PM
Aren't you bored of 'greece is this and greece is that, greeks do this and greeks do that.'

Any plans of travelling?

Well, for the former, I don't understand what you mean.

For the latter, it's a bit difficult, my grandma is at the hospital for almost a week now, and travelling is the last of our concerns. If I do travel, it's going to be in Cephalonia once again.

Zeno
12-25-2023, 01:42 PM
Whats the skin type breakdown of Pontids in Greece from your experience? I think majority type 3 but some % grouping would be nice.

I really don't know, we don't have any such statistics.

Kess
12-25-2023, 09:34 PM
What do you study in University?

Kess
12-25-2023, 09:35 PM
Don't know the reference here.

Me neither. Ignore that autist. I'm his obsession in this forum.

Kess
12-25-2023, 11:36 PM
Do Greeks feel close to Southern Italians?

Annihilus
12-26-2023, 02:14 AM
Your strained yoghurt has a lot more fat content on average than Greek yoghurt, 10+% instead of 1-2%, which gives the latter more sugar content, aka, it makes it less sour. I have tried 10% fat content yoghurt and it wasn't exactly as tasty as the 2% fat content yoghurt we eat here. And from what I've seen your yoghurt is noticeably thicker than the Greek one. And as I've tried it once, I didn't think it was nearly as good. But that's what I'm accustomed with.

Isn't 1-2% low fat even for Greece? Rest of world Greek yoghurt is sold with a fat content of 6-10%.

Zeno
12-26-2023, 11:12 AM
Isn't 1-2% low fat even for Greece? Rest of world Greek yoghurt is sold with a fat content of 6-10%.

That's what almost all yoghurt here is like.

Plus, the yoghurt we export, from FAGE, is either 2% or 0% fat. Very few 10% fat yoghurt is sold from Greece itself.

Zeno
12-26-2023, 11:13 AM
Do Greeks feel close to Southern Italians?

Yeah, and to Italians in general.

We have the "Una faccia una razza" adage for this felt proximity

Kess
12-26-2023, 11:49 AM
Your opinion of Pontic Greeks? I wonder how their traditions, culture, and personality match with the Black Sea people here.

Zeno
12-26-2023, 01:53 PM
Your opinion of Pontic Greeks? I wonder how their traditions, culture, and personality match with the Black Sea people here.

Very good opinion, generally one of the most unique groups of Greeks out there, with the most ancient Greek-like dialect in existence. Too bad it's slowly eradicated. For the Black Sea peoples, it wouldn't be too surprising given the fact that historically they were the dominant group and the most influential thus.

I know many Pontic Greeks (ofc) and they're good folks. They've been through a lot.

Thracian
12-26-2023, 02:55 PM
What is your favourite Greek series/movies?

Zeno
12-26-2023, 03:39 PM
What is your favourite Greek series/movies?

Honestly, I don't see many Greek series or movies.

But I do have favourites from older times, which every Greek knows: Ευτυχισμένοι Μαζί ("Happy All Together"), Στο Παρά Πέντε ("In the Nick of Time"), Κωνσταντίνου και Ελένης ("Of Constantine and Helen", which has the world record for the series showed on television the most times). I've watched them countless of times. And they're legitimately funny.

From movies, I'm generally clueless from both Greek and foreign. But from Greek movies, I remember Νήσος ("The Island"), and "Ένας Άλλος Κόσμος" ("An Other World"). I've also seen Λούφα και Παραλλαγή ("Loaf and Camouflage"). I want to see "Man of God" very much also.

Scarface F
12-27-2023, 06:39 PM
What do you dream about? What makes you happy?

Zeno
12-27-2023, 07:41 PM
What do you dream about? What makes you happy?

My dream is to live a life that's long enough, and to be as devoid of trouble as possible. My desire is to fulfill all the goals I set, one step at a time. This is also what makes me the happiest.

Tooting Carmen
12-27-2023, 07:45 PM
Of Greece's bordering countries, which ones do you have the most and least affinity towards?

Zeno
12-27-2023, 08:56 PM
Of Greece's bordering countries, which ones do you have the most and least affinity towards?

If that includes maritime borders, Italy. If only land borders are taken into consideration, none really.

Hektor12
12-29-2023, 04:29 PM
Galatasaray/Fenerbahçe ?

Tooting Carmen
12-29-2023, 05:29 PM
What do you think of me as a poster?