PDA

View Full Version : Danes vs Dutch - comparison

Scarface F
12-28-2023, 11:12 AM
First row are 5 blond Danish guys, second row are 5 blond Dutch guys. They were selected randomly.

https://i.imgur.com/eWR8x0x.png

Oliver109
12-28-2023, 11:21 AM
They look very similar though the Dutch seem larger headed, nordics, faelids, borrebies

Dentist
12-28-2023, 11:42 AM
1, 4 in the first row pass in the UK.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (all) in the second row pass in the UK.

Scarface F
12-28-2023, 01:03 PM
1, 4 in the first row pass in the UK.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (all) in the second row pass in the UK.

Makes sense since Dutch have huge genetic overlap with UK unlike Danes.

Roy
12-28-2023, 01:07 PM
I could easily confuse one ethnicity for another.

Danes (those 5) seem slightly more larger headed. Danes in general are so and they're pretty much at the top in that anthronerd category. Only Estonians are competitive with them I think.

About 1/2 of those would look neutral in Poland.

Katarzyna
12-28-2023, 01:11 PM
I agree that the Dutch in those photos can also pass in the UK.
But we have to remember that those are probably all northern Dutch people. Southern Dutch are more Belgian like genetically and are therefore more Atlantid/ Alpine looking.

Scarface F
12-28-2023, 01:13 PM
I could easily confuse one ethnicity for another.

Danes (those 5) seem slightly more larger headed. Danes in general are so and they're pretty much at the top in that anthronerd category. Only Estonians are competitive with them I think.

About 1/2 of those would look neutral in Poland.

which ones can pass in Poland?

Roy
12-28-2023, 01:14 PM
But we have to remember that those are probably all northern Dutch people. Southern Dutch are more Belgian like genetically and are therefore more Atlantid/ Alpine looking.

Yes, there are significant differences between Southern Dutch (aka those hailing from south of Rhine river) and the rest but I don't think you can just assume that they are all northern Dutch people.

Roy
12-28-2023, 01:20 PM
which ones can pass in Poland?

Actually not the neotenic blond Dutch guy on the far right bottom row. I would confuse him for a British tourist. But maybe to those who are less obervant they all can pass. People often have a misconception about baby faces being very common among Polish guys but it's not accurate. And our ''baby faced'' men look different than that Dutch.

But those who can pass are Danes 1,2,4 and maybe 5 (but that's already not a common sight at all, maybe he would blend in better in the far north of my country, I've seen some Germanic-Scandinavian type looking guys there). But actually he would fit moreso not as a Kashubian as those tend to be more neutral looking but as a Polish dude from Elbląg/Kwidzyn slightly area slightly to the SE but not far from Baltic Sea either). Some people there exhibit looks that are scarce or not even present elsewhere IMHO, I've seen some group photos of people from there and I was surprised by how different and more light pigmented they were from people roaming around my area of Poland. It felt like 80-90% people had light coloured eyes and a lot of blonde hair and facial features that looked unusual to me. Maybe a lot of some real gothic or Viking DNA survived there. There was no massive resettlement into and out of this corner of Poland.

From the Dutch

1,2 and maybe 3 (already close to being hardcore look for Poles lol). 4 & 5 already strikes me as like clear foreigners. I've never seen a Pole looking like any of these. The vibe is just so off too.

So overall circa 5/10 - 50% are easily passable as natives for me.

Scarface F
12-28-2023, 01:25 PM
Actually not the neotenic blond Dutch guy on the far right bottom row. I would confuse him for a British tourist. But maybe to those who are less obervant they all can pass.

But those who can pass are Danes 1,2,4 and maybe 5 (but that's already not a common sight at all, maybe he would blend in better in the far north of my country, I've seen some Germanic-Scandinavian type looking guys there). But actually he would fit moreso not as a Kashubian as those tend to be more neutral looking but as a Polish dude from Elbląg/Kwidzyn slightly area slightly to the SE but not far from Baltic Sea either). Some people there exhibit looks that are scarce or not even present elsewhere IMHO, I've seen some group photos of people from there and I was surprised by how different and more light pigmented they were from people roaming around my area of Poland. It felt like 80-90% people had light coloured eyes and a lot of blonde hair and facial features that looked unusual to me. Maybe a lot of some real gothic or Viking DNA survived there. There was no massive resettlement into and out of this corner of Poland.

From the Dutch

1,2 and maybe 3 (already close to being hardcore look for Poles lol). 4 & 5 already strikes me as like clear foreigners. I've never seen a Pole looking like any of these. The vibe is just so off too.

Nice! Yes, there is notable Germanic substrata among north-west Poles and Kashubs who are long time native to near the Baltic sea coast.

Scarface F
12-28-2023, 01:29 PM

Yes, there are significant differences between Southern Dutch (aka those hailing from south of Rhine river) and the rest but I don't think you can just assume that they are all northern Dutch people.

checked their birthplaces:

Frenkie De Jong - Gorinchem (South Holland)
Calvin Raatsie - Purmerend (North Holland)
Dirk Kuyt - Katwijk (South Holland)
Matthijs de Ligt - Leiderdorp (South Holland)
Jesse Drent - Borculo (Gelderland)

https://www.touropia.com/gfx/b/2019/09/netherlands.png

rothaer
12-28-2023, 02:01 PM
(...) But actually he would fit moreso not as a Kashubian as those tend to be more neutral looking but as a Polish dude from Elbląg/Kwidzyn slightly area slightly to the SE but not far from Baltic Sea either). Some people there exhibit looks that are scarce or not even present elsewhere IMHO, I've seen some group photos of people from there and I was surprised by how different and more light pigmented they were from people roaming around my area of Poland. It felt like 80-90% people had light coloured eyes and a lot of blonde hair and facial features that looked unusual to me. Maybe a lot of some real gothic or Viking DNA survived there. There was no massive resettlement into and out of this corner of Poland.

There was a close to 100% population replacement after both Elbing/Elblag and Marienwerder/Kwidzyn (red encircled by me) were fully German inhabited which was already the case at the time of the Spett map:

https://i.imgur.com/GIwEj0G.jpg

Hektor12
12-28-2023, 02:02 PM
Danes generally looking Scandinavian, especially 4 would look out of place even in northern Germany imo. Dutch looking like mix of Germans and Anglo-Saxons, with Dirk Kuyt looking more English than Dutch.

Katarzyna
12-28-2023, 02:09 PM
checked their birthplaces:

Frenkie De Jong - Gorinchem (South Holland)
Calvin Raatsie - Purmerend (North Holland)
Dirk Kuyt - Katwijk (South Holland)
Matthijs de Ligt - Leiderdorp (South Holland)
Jesse Drent - Borculo (Gelderland)

https://www.touropia.com/gfx/b/2019/09/netherlands.png

Yes, ok. Since most of them are from Holland provinces it explains their Anglo-Saxon look. If you chose guys from Friesland and Groningen you would get a lot of Faelids and Borreby. If you chose Limburgers or Brabant they would be more Atlantid or Alpine looking. Dutch people are extremely fascinating because of their diversity in looks depending on their region they are from. And they are such a small country.

Scarface F
12-28-2023, 02:19 PM
Yes, ok. Since most of them are from Holland provinces it explains their Anglo-Saxon look. If you chose guys from Friesland and Groningen you would get a lot of Faelids and Borreby. If you chose Limburgers or Brabant they would be more Atlantid or Alpine looking. Dutch people are extremely fascinating because of their diversity in looks depending on their region they are from. And they are such a small country.

Would you pass in south Netherlands/Belgium?

Beowulf
12-28-2023, 02:32 PM
I don't see to many difference imo :shrug:

Katarzyna
12-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Would you pass in south Netherlands/Belgium?

I think so. A couple of weeks ago I had my southern Dutch friend Jesper (from Maastricht) as my dp. He is a very common phenotype in the South West of NL, also very common in Germany (especially around Cologne). I feel like Southern Dutch, Belgians and Luxembourgers have a very pan-euro look because of their many alpines. But also some alpine Slavs can have it, especially southern Poles, Czechs, Slovaks and Western Ukrainians. I feel like it’s more of a parallel northern latitude thing to have this type of look.
I am slightly baltisized so I don’t look exactly like them, a little more eastern shifted. However alpine is still far more dominant than the Baltid one in me and I look far closer to that alpine gang rather than some fellow Slavs like monsieur, Vessna and others.
I think it’s because they are more in the northern cluster while I’m more in the Continental alpine cluster, phenotypcially speaking.

https://i.ibb.co/Pr3BnGt/IMG-6484.jpg (https://ibb.co/7S875tb)
Me and my Dutch friend again

Scarface F
12-28-2023, 02:41 PM
You both look cute and look like siblings :D

Nurzat
12-28-2023, 02:45 PM

you look so very Western/NW and not Eastern in this photo. I'd think you're Scottish, German or Norwegian.

while the guy looks very neutral, could be anything, Alpines often have a neutral look

Katarzyna
12-28-2023, 02:49 PM
you look so very Western/NW and not Eastern in this photo. I'd think you're Scottish, German or Norwegian.

while the guy looks very neutral, could be anything, Alpines often have a neutral look

Mortimer said the same today (I had a video call with him). His first reaction: “wow you look like a German” xD

Oliver109
12-28-2023, 04:06 PM
I think so. A couple of weeks ago I had my southern Dutch friend Jesper (from Maastricht) as my dp. He is a very common phenotype in the South West of NL, also very common in Germany (especially around Cologne). I feel like Southern Dutch, Belgians and Luxembourgers have a very pan-euro look because of their many alpines. But also some alpine Slavs can have it, especially southern Poles, Czechs, Slovaks and Western Ukrainians. I feel like it’s more of a parallel northern latitude thing to have this type of look.
I am slightly baltisized so I don’t look exactly like them, a little more eastern shifted. However alpine is still far more dominant than the Baltid one in me and I look far closer to that alpine gang rather than some fellow Slavs like monsieur, Vessna and others.
I think it’s because they are more in the northern cluster while I’m more in the Continental alpine cluster, phenotypcially speaking.

https://i.ibb.co/Pr3BnGt/IMG-6484.jpg (https://ibb.co/7S875tb)

He actually looks more Polish than you imo, some Dutch and Belgians look Slavic though of course you have mixtures there and a lot of Dutch have Indonesian descent

Zohor
12-28-2023, 05:40 PM
Mortimer said the same today (I had a video call with him). His first reaction: “wow you look like a German” xD

:1099:

Anyways going back to topic, they all look the same to me cause simply I am not familiar with these looks, I even suppose I could mistake Your Old Comrade for a Danish guy

Some Dutch have this Keltic/Dinaric vibe which is almost not found among Danish

#Oda#
12-29-2023, 12:24 AM

To be honest, to me absolutely not, at least not the "ancient" unmixed Lower Saxons I know.

Scarface F
12-29-2023, 10:03 AM
To be honest, to me absolutely not, at least not the "ancient" unmixed Lower Saxons I know.

Do you agree with rothaer both Danes/Dutch in these pics look equally distant (or close) to Germans?

Finnish Swede
12-29-2023, 02:26 PM
Just normal looking (European) people.

I will be in Copenhagen again for New Year Eve!

Loki
12-29-2023, 02:58 PM
The Top Middle guy looks most distinctly Danish (or non-Dutch), whereas the Bottom Left and Bottom Right look most distinctly Dutch, rather than Danish. All the other ones could be from either country easily.

Scarface F
12-29-2023, 03:15 PM
Just normal looking (European) people.

I will be in Copenhagen again for New Year Eve!

And me in Zagreb :o

#Oda#
12-29-2023, 06:30 PM
Do you agree with rothaer both Danes/Dutch in these pics look equally distant (or close) to Germans?

I would say, the Dutch look a little bit closer.
And remembering your question before, I would say that Danes look a little closer to Swedes (less to Norwegians) than to NW Germans.

Nationofsymbol
01-10-2024, 11:43 PM
Actually not the neotenic blond Dutch guy on the far right bottom row. I would confuse him for a British tourist. But maybe to those who are less obervant they all can pass. People often have a misconception about baby faces being very common among Polish guys but it's not accurate. And our ''baby faced'' men look different than that Dutch.

From the Dutch

So overall circa 5/10 - 50% are easily passable as natives for me.

Nah, 4 and 5 look stereotypical piles for dutch, poles are all baby faced

MobyD
01-11-2024, 01:45 AM
They look very similar though the Dutch seem larger headed, nordics, faelids, borrebies

They both seem about the same for head size.

aherne
01-11-2024, 05:07 AM
To be honest, half pass as blonde (atypical) Romanians. Those who can't pass: 3,5,7,8