PDA

View Full Version : What's better Mac or PC?

fyodorov
01-06-2024, 08:50 AM
Sent from my MacBook Pro using Safari

How the fuck do I add a poll?
Nevermind

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
01-06-2024, 09:05 AM
I don't know what the chances are that you'd ask this question when I just bought my first Macbook yesterday. For me it's still too early to draw any conclusions, but so far I'm enjoying the experience. I always used Windows laptops and Android smartphones until I was offered an iPhone about two years ago. The good experience I've had with the iPhone made me consider the Macbook.

fyodorov
01-06-2024, 09:08 AM
I don't know what the chances are that you'd ask this question when I just bought my first Macbook yesterday. For me it's still too early to draw any conclusions, but so far I'm enjoying the experience. I always used Windows and Android smartphones until I was offered an iPhone about two years ago. The good experience I've had with the iPhone made me consider the Macbook.

Fair enough, but if something of substance were at stake, what would you choose? Just pick intuitively, without forethought, your first choice.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
01-06-2024, 09:23 AM
Fair enough, but if something of substance were at stake, what would you choose? Just pick intuitively, without forethought, your first choice.

I use a lot of Adobe products so I think it would have to be the Macbook. That's exactly why I bought it, editing images or videos on a Mac is more intuitive, smoother and snappier. The colour accuracy of the screen also weighed heavily in my decision. I don't play video games so I don't mind losing that function which is all the better on Windows. But as I say, I've only had it since yesterday and although everything seems very intuitive and simple for someone starting out on a completely new OS, there's still a learning curve that I'm going to have to overcome.

As for smartphones, I prefer the experience I've had with the iPhone, it doesn't have a third of the glitches and bugs that my Androids used to have.

fyodorov
01-06-2024, 09:26 AM
I use a lot of Adobe products so I think it would have to be the Macbook. That's exactly why I bought it, editing images or videos on a Mac is more intuitive, smoother and snappier. The colour accuracy of the screen also weighed heavily in my decision. I don't play video games so I don't mind losing that function which is all the better on Windows. But as I say, I've only had it since yesterday and although everything seems very intuitive and simple for someone starting out on a completely new OS, there's still a learning curve that I'm going to have to overcome.

As for smartphones, I prefer the experience I've had with the iPhone, it doesn't have a third of the glitches and bugs that my Androids used to have.

I completely agree. May I ask, are you working in a field that is some way viable to discuss on this cultural forum? You seem far more mature than most I have ever encountered on here, and give a lot more thought to your answers than the vast majority of users I have thus far encountered.

Intuition is the most precious gift, and Apple products are simply more intuitive. Not to go off topic, but intuition is regulated by newest brain regions, which are also largely responsible for the development of personality. Highly intuitive children tend to be gifted, this is the case with me and my siblings and my mother, all of us having IQs above 140. Gifted children can intuit adult archetypes and embody them, if they aren't unnaturally/neurotically constrained in their development. Sorry, this seems more like a subject for the psychology forum, but my intuition tells me I'm addressing the right person.

Pater Patota
01-06-2024, 09:49 AM
Which one is better for photo/video editing softwares and music softwares?

Voskos
01-06-2024, 09:59 AM
PC is less pro than Mac is less pro than Mac Book Pro. You're as pro as one can get.

fyodorov
01-06-2024, 09:59 AM

Mac, without question, without exception.

oszkar07
01-06-2024, 10:26 AM
Mac is better but generally more expensive.
Depends what you want to use computer for.
For general browsing nothing special, watching YT etc PC is sufficient.

Universe
01-06-2024, 10:29 AM
I used Windows most of my life because there was no need for Mac. I could do everything I wanted with windows. Last year I started to use Linux (Ubuntu), I use both Win and Linux nowadays but mostly Linux.

fyodorov
01-06-2024, 10:32 AM
Mac is better but generally more expensive.
Depends what you want to use computer for.
For general browsing nothing special, watching YT etc PC is sufficient.

Maybe for you pesky Central Europeans, but we all know true Russians use Mac, because it orders of magnitude superior.

fyodorov
01-06-2024, 10:43 AM
I used Windows most of my life because there was no need for Mac. I could do everything I wanted with windows. Last year I started to use Linux (Ubuntu), I use both Win and Linux nowadays but mostly Linux.

I desperately want to virtualize Linux but I dont have enough fucking RAM, because... -_- I only have fucking a MacBook Air Coding is easiest on Linux. Apple killed off bootcamp for M1, M2 Macs so there is no way I can run it natively. I would use it for somewhat malicious reasons though. As pathetic as it may sound,
setting up your own botnet, is really quite easy because the repositories are all on GitHub and you just need alter the code so that you'rethe recipient of whatever it is you make your bots do. I want mine to infect a few thousand computers to mine Monero, which I would then exchange for Bitcoin and then cash. ISP's are not really supervising things here and proxies would be installed by default, so I figured this would be an easy way to earn my first income. This might be some childish neurotic fantasy I could never actualize, in fact it probably is. To be honest, it sounds pathetic to me. Nice to meet you again, Universe. In case you can't tell, this is my substantially more mature alter ego. I hail from NW Germany and Hungary and am no longer ashamed of that. Awaiting DNA test results as we speak.

I am the macska_usa, I have revealed my identity to blondie and Mortimer so far, Mr G figured it out from the get go, and Im sure Immanez and perhaps Zeno did too.

I won't speak to you in my very broken Hungarian, but I am proud to be one of you Northern looking Huns.

Sidenote, everyone in my family uses Mac and except my mother and one of my sisters iPhones. Apple is smoother than Android/PC.

fyodorov
01-06-2024, 10:52 AM
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?380551-My-IQ-is-9-points-higher-than-Ted-Bundy-s-AMA

pleaeeeease, I humbly requestthatyou engage with my other post.

Kess
01-06-2024, 10:54 AM

Definitely Mac

Universe
01-06-2024, 11:03 AM
I desperately want to virtualize Linux but I dont have enough fucking RAM, because... -_- I only have fucking a MacBook Air Coding is easiest on Linux. Apple
killed off bootcamp for M1, M2 Macs so there is no way I can run it natively. I would use it for somewhat malicious reasons though. As pathetic as it may sound,
setting up your own botnet, is really quite easy because the repositories are all on GitHub and you just need alter the code so that you're the recipient of whatever it is you make your bots. I want mine to infect a few thousand computers to mine Monero, which I would then exchange for Bitcoin and then cash. ISP's are not really supervising things here and proxies would be installed by default, so I figured this would be an easy way to earn my first income. This might be some childish neurotic fantasy I could never actualize, in fact it probably is. To be honest, it sounds pathetic to me. Nice to meet you again, Universe. In case you can't tell, this is my substantially more mature alter ego. I hail from NW Germany and Hungary and am no longer ashamed of that. Awaiting DNA test results as we speak.

I am the macska_usa, I have revealed my identity to blondie and Mortimer so far, Mr G figured it out from the get go, and Im sure Immanez and perhaps Zeno did too.

I won't speak to you in my very broken Hungarian, but I am proud to be one of you Northern looking Huns.

Sidenote, everyone in my family uses Mac and except my mother and one of my sisters iPhones. Apple is smoother than Android/PC.
I recognized you but I did not find it necessary to say anything. I remembered your face. I may have been harsh towards you in the past but I don't have those feelings anymore. Do you live in USA or Romania? The way you speak English is not typical of a teenager living in Eastern Europe.

Victor
01-06-2024, 11:11 AM
I never used macos for a long period and ios from 2012 to 2022. I want to buy older macbook air 11 from 2017 to install alt linux on it, im sick of taking bigger laptop with me recently.

Kess
01-06-2024, 11:14 AM
I never used macos for a long period and ios from 2012 to 2022. I want to buy older macbook air 11 from 2017 to install alt linux on it, im sick of taking bigger laptop with me recently.

Buy m1 macbook air. Best value laptop on the market. M chips were really ground breaking.

medvedev92
01-06-2024, 11:23 AM
MAC is a PC

Petalpusher
01-06-2024, 11:29 AM
I ve had both since ever and Amstrads. I appreciate the mac environement for its robustness, how more logical and effective the operating system is, better design overall. I need to easily tamper with hardware and some exclusively PC software so i also use that more routinely. Idealistically id take a self built PC with a Mac OS (possible but redundant rn)

If i was only working on pro software and casually using my computers, i would choose Mac. For the same reason i have iPhones instead of Android.

Victor
01-06-2024, 11:43 AM
Buy m1 macbook air. Best value laptop on the market. M chips were really ground breaking.

My current laptop is good and i dont need smth outstanding just lightweight and compact, no gaming, 3d graphics etc

drb234
01-06-2024, 11:48 AM
PC pal. you cant cram an rtx 4080 into a mac.

Petalpusher
01-06-2024, 12:04 PM
PC pal. you cant cram an rtx 4080 into a mac.

4090 or burst is the policy if you have to resign yourself to a PC

https://i.postimg.cc/Vk4NDChV/IMG-0012.jpg

Kess
01-06-2024, 02:26 PM
My current laptop is good and i dont need smth outstanding just lightweight and compact, no gaming, 3d graphics etc

M1 Air is lightweight and compact. It’s not a very powerful laptop for gaming and other things.

Annihilus
01-06-2024, 02:27 PM
macs are for gays

Katarzyna
01-06-2024, 02:28 PM
I’m got everything from apple, my MacBook, iPad and iPhone. Don’t want anything else!

Demirkazık
01-06-2024, 02:29 PM
Windows and Linux tops MacOS.

CosmoLady
01-06-2024, 05:15 PM

Actually I prefer a PC with Linux, over Mac. But I prefer Mac over PC with Windows.

Seems like a higher quality product with fewer problems.
And the Microsoft corporation is a monstrosity. Apple is only somewhat annoying.

I do not own a Mac, but most of my friends do and they like it.

The newest Windows PC that I have is from the early 2000s.

Kess
01-06-2024, 05:28 PM
Reasons for Mac:

Security partly due to its lower market share and a Unix-based architecture.
Apple ecosystem if you have Iphone, Ipad etc.
Almost everything is well optimized.
It's good to show off at Starbucks.

Reasons for PC:

Broader range of software compatibility
Gaming
Wide range of hardware
Highly customizable

Kess
01-06-2024, 05:31 PM
My personal recommendation:

Desktop: PC

Laptop: If you already have a gaming desktop PC or you don't play games, Just buy a M chip Macbook. The battery performance is fantastic.

MCMXCV
01-07-2024, 01:53 PM
Personally, I prefer macOS over Windows and don’t see myself having it as my main personal operating system. Software is the main reason I prefer Apple’s devices. Hardware-wise, I wouldn’t mind using others but one can’t. :p

I have a Windows partition that I use when absolutely necessary.

Kess
01-07-2024, 07:02 PM
Linux users:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozhHrzOXZkI

cyrus
01-08-2024, 06:05 AM
"What's better Mac or PC?"

Well, it depends. For everyday use (such as email, web browsing, YouTube, Whatsapp, shopping, Netflix, etc), as well as entertainment, some gaming, communication, web design, light motion graphics, light 3D, video/photo editing, some animation, programming, office work, light lab simulation, some 3D modeling, and some engineering/academic tasks, a Mac is stylish and will perform reliably and stably. On the other hand, a Windows PC machine will do exactly the same tasks as Macs are doing, plus heavy gaming (based on the CPU generation, number of cores, the amount of RAM, and the GPU power) a bit unpolished (most laptops feels cheap) compared to a Macs, with more exposure to viruses, ransomware, and trojans, and in most cases way cheaper than Macs, but hardware customizable and even with some Adobe apps that are optimized to work better with them. However, for highly demanding tasks that necessitate a shit-load of raw processing power, light-speed data transfer, and near real-time virtualization, in a rapid work environment, customized Windows OS hardware is highly recommended. Linux-flavored OS PCs are kind of OK, but don't raise your expectations too much, they can serve a certain type of clientele as a cost-efficient alternative (as they are free OSs, lol), but they may lack integration and development with certain hardware and with the mainstream industry-standard software (Adobe, Microsoft Office) and may require extensive use of terminal commands and memorized abbreviations just for the basic PC workflow. And for your amusement, there are even the so-called "Hackintoshes"-customized build-up PCs running Macintosh operating systems. They say it outperformed real Macs in terms of speed and time execution of various tasks, but it might get complicated with them on every Mac OS update.

Östsvensk
01-08-2024, 02:55 PM
A Mac has been a more expensive PC since Apple abandoned PowerPC.