PDA

View Full Version : Classify people from the beer commercial

Sorab12
01-10-2024, 09:03 AM
https://iili.io/J76TVYQ.jpg (https://freeimage.host/)

Tooting Carmen
01-10-2024, 09:43 AM
Quite CM Germanic-looking.

Sorab12
01-10-2024, 09:50 AM
Thank you for the reply they are from west of Serbia .
A group photo of folks from that area
https://iili.io/J761Dps.jpg (https://freeimage.host/)

Tooting Carmen
01-10-2024, 09:52 AM
Thank you for the reply they are from west of Serbia .

How common are such phenotypes there, as opposed to more archetypal Mediterranean and Balkan looks?

Sorab12
01-10-2024, 09:54 AM
They are prevalent in provinces and rural areas .Im talking about ethnic Serbs since Serbia has many minority groups and mixed marriages .
https://iili.io/J76EKve.jpg (https://freeimage.host/)

Tooting Carmen
01-10-2024, 09:57 AM
The thing is when I think back to the Yugoslav Wars of the 90's, most of the prominent Serbs - Milosevic, Mladic, Karadzic etc - were usually fair-skinned but brunet.

Sorab12
01-10-2024, 10:05 AM
I agree for famous personas but the people i posted are commoners .Btw i think only Ratko Mladić was somewhat fair haired in his youth.
https://iili.io/J76MRIa.jpg (https://freeimage.host/)
Anyhow here a large group of Serbians protesting in Belgrade
https://iili.io/J76VCjs.jpg (https://freeimage.host/)

Tooting Carmen
01-10-2024, 10:09 AM
Why would celebrities tend to be darker-haired than ordinary folk? Unless a high percentage of them are of Jewish descent or something (which does happen in the UK, for example).

Sorab12
01-10-2024, 10:12 AM
Why would celebrities tend to be darker-haired than ordinary folk? Unless a high percentage of them are of Jewish descent or something (which does happen in the UK, for example).

It depends what particular group of celebs you are targeting .For example many musicians and singers are either full or partially Roma .

Tooting Carmen
01-10-2024, 10:17 AM
It depends what particular group of celebs you are targeting .For example many musicians and singers are either full or partially Roma .

In this case I was talking about leading politicians, who I doubt have Roma ancestry in most cases.

Varda
01-10-2024, 10:24 AM
In this case I was talking about leading politicians, who I doubt have Roma ancestry in most cases.

Čedomir Jovanović and Aleksandar Vulin are only Serbian politicians with Roma origin, both by their mother.
Large part of Serbian politicians are of Montenegrin origin, for example Slobodan Milošević, Radovan Karadžić, Boris Tadić, Žarko Obradović, Dušan Mihajlović, Balša Božović, Vladimir Pavićević, Zoran Lutovac, Irena Vujović etc. Milošević and Karadžić had both parents from Montenegro, second one is born in Montenegro.

Tooting Carmen
01-10-2024, 10:31 AM
Čedomir Jovanović and Aleksandar Vulin are only Serbian politicians with Roma origin, both by their mother.
Large part of Serbian politicians are of Montenegrin origin, for example Slobodan Milošević, Radovan Karadžić, Boris Tadić, Žarko Obradović, Dušan Mihajlović, Balša Božović, Vladimir Pavićević, Zoran Lutovac, Irena Vujović etc. Milošević and Karadžić had both parents from Montenegro, second one is born in Montenegro.

OK, but do Montenegrins look that different to Serbs? They were part of the same nation until twenty years ago anyway.

Varda
01-10-2024, 10:34 AM
OK, but do Montenegrins look that different to Serbs? They were part of the same nation until twenty years ago anyway.

Montenegrins are bit more Med/paleo-Balkanic shifted genetically on average than other Serbs. Difference is like between Andalusians and Galicians.

Tooting Carmen
01-10-2024, 10:37 AM
Montenegrins are bit more Med/paleo-Balkanic shifted genetically on average than other Serbs. Difference is like between Andalusians and Galicians.

In other words, the difference is minor.

Sorab12
01-10-2024, 06:46 PM

Radovan Karadžić you mention looks British Irish in particular .Slobodan Milošević could pass as Slovak ,Hungarian ,Ukrainian ,Russian .Ratko Mladić as Polish ,maybe Bavarian .
Here are few depiction of Serbians by foreigners
https://iili.io/J7L7uLl.jpg (https://freeimage.host/)
Makism Gorky wrote the following when visited Serbia
"Это наша страна. Россия так похож на меня, похоже, что я с севера, из России, переехал в Украину. Южно согревает меня здесь! Наконец, здесь все люди - ЛЮДИ!История этой страны маршируют на славу!Страна не пострадал, жил, выжил и остался там, чтобы всегда быть там! Мне кажется, что сербы, как многие россияне, как и мы. Все мы так похожи и так и то, что я не смог найти разницы. Есть просто так велик, как и мы, и так же велика, как и мы
"In the people of Serbia and Bosnia, I think the Slav element really
preponderates; they are taller and finer men than
the Russians, but have the same make of body and
often of countenance ; and a great many of them
have light brown hair and answer to Procopius's
often-quoted description of their forefathers"
John Beddoe
https://archive.org/stream/anthropologicalh00bedduoft/anthropologicalh00bedduoft_djvu.txt
The French diplomat and writer Rene Millet wrote... on the occasion of his trip to Serbia long ago in 19th century, among other things, this: "Perhaps there is no race in Europe purer than any mixture, nor more opposed to any mixture... Serbs gladly welcome foreigners for a while; but they repel the one who tries to nestle with them
Another Frenchman, Ami Bue, as a well-known ethnographer and Balkanologist, comparing the racial substratum of Greeks and Serbs, wrote: "The Greek population is a heterogeneous mixture of Greeks, Arnauts, Slavs, Vlachs, etc... On the contrary, Serbs from Serbia form... a single compact mass of Slavs of the Greek rite."
"This language, this nation, this primitive Slavic poetry, I believe I found in Illyria. You will no doubt ask me, how did I come to this conclusion? Starting from the idea that at the bottom of every great race there is a mother tribe, I had been looking for this tribe and this language in northern Europe for years. Nowhere had I recognized their presence (...) Having finally crossed the Danube, I soon found the Kossack of the Ukraine, the Russine of Galicia, the Polish Goral of the Karpathians and the Bohemian Goral of the Sudetenland , in a word, all the primitive tribes of the other Slavic nations admirably summarized in the Illyrian of the Balkans. Everything that, among the other Slavic peoples, lives only in the state of legend and obscure myth, still offers itself in the state of living law in this immutable and poetic Illyria. Shouldn't I conclude from this that I was finally touching the living rock, the ground of first formation, that the Serbs of Illyria were really the oldest of the Slavs?. "

Cyprian Robert. Journal of the Two Worlds. On the Teaching of Slavic Literature. January 1846. paige 372
"Был в Сербии в 2008, много там высоких русых и голубоглазых" Russian guy said on another forum .

Sorab12
01-10-2024, 07:02 PM

I agree but those that Declare as Serbs from Pljevlja (stolen from Serbia by AVNOJ borders ) Žabljak ,partially Berane ,Mojkovac ,Kolašin ,Danilovgrad are on pair with Serbians in terms of pigmentation .Besides ive seen so many gypsies(gurbets or gabelji as montenegrins called them ) in Podgorica that took me by suprise .

Varda
01-10-2024, 07:16 PM
I agree but those from that Declare as Serbs from Pljevlja (stolen from Serbia by AVNOJ borders ) Žabljak ,partially Berane ,Mojkovac ,Kolašin ,Danilaovgrad are on pair with Serbians in terms of pigmentation .Besides ive seen so many gypsies(gurbets or gabelji as montenegrins called them ) in Podgorica that took me by suprise .

Gypsies in Montenegro are recent newcomers (part of them arrived from Kosovo in 1999), until few decades ago they doesn't e exist in Montenegro. I heard this from several Montenegrins. Influence of Gypsies on Orthodox Montenegrins iz zero. Number of Gypsies which exist in Mne since recently as i said is small and they are getoized Muslims. Montenegrins almost have no contact with them, let alone mixing. Southern Montenegrins are Med shifted people and it's due to higher native Balkanic DNA which exist there for thousands of years.

Sorab12
01-10-2024, 08:18 PM
Gypsies in Montenegro are recent newcomers (part of them arrived from Kosovo in 1999), until few decades ago they doesn't e exist in Montenegro. I heard this from several Montenegrins. Influence of Gypsies on Orthodox Montenegrins iz zero. Number of Gypsies which exist in Mne since recently as i said is small and they are getoized Muslims. Montenegrins almost have no contact with them, let alone mixing. Southern Montenegrins are Med shifted people and it's due to higher native Balkanic DNA which exist there for thousands of years.

Sorry to argue but ask any Serb from Montenegro who are Gurbets and their history and he will explain .Not to mention that i saw a whole bus of Montenegrin schoolkids few month ago in NS .Half of them were plain gypsies nothing to do with Med shifted people .

Varda
01-10-2024, 08:25 PM
Sorry to argue but ask any Serb from Montenegro who are Gurbets and their history and he will explain .

Even if existed few Gypsies in Montenegro in the further past Montenegrins didn't mix with them. Montenegrin are tribal people and their view on marriaged was some kind of eugenica. All Montenegrin tribes and brotherhoods are tested on Y DNA and there is no Gypsy related haplogroups among them. People from Dinaric region were always racist towards Gypsies, and that is one of the reasons why they avoid to seattle there.

Sorab12
01-10-2024, 08:29 PM
Even if they exist few Gypsies in Montenegro in the further past Montenegrins didn't mix with them. Montenegrin are tribal people and the view on marriaged was some kind of eugenica. All Montenegrin tribes and brotherhoods are tested on Y DNA is Gypsy no Gypsy related haplogroups among them. People from Dinaric region were always racist against Gypsies and that is one of the reasons why they avoid to seattle there.

I never suggested such a thing but theres is minimal amount of mixing everywhere as i personally witnessed even in ME.We live in modern times and Serbs loosened a bit .I know plenty of Montenegrin Serbs and have a hugh amount of respect for them in comparison to Dukljani.

Varda
01-10-2024, 08:35 PM
I never suggested such a thing but theres is minimal amount of mixing everywhere as i personally witnessed even in ME.We live in modern times and Serbs loosened a bit .I know plenty of Montenegrin Serbs and have a hugh amount of respect for them in comparison to Dukljani.

Balkan Gypsies score 20-25% South Asian autosomal component on average. Serbs score about 0.5% South Asian on average, and it is not related with Gypsies but it's very ancient trace/voice. Russians, Irish, Germans, Poles etc. score higher South Asian than Serbs, they have about 1 - 1.5% South Asian on average.

Sorab12
01-11-2024, 07:40 AM
Balkan Gypsies score 20-25% South Asian autosomal component on average. Serbs score about 0.5% South Asian on average, and it is not related with Gypsies but it's very ancient trace/voice. Russians, Irish, Germans, Poles etc. score higher South Asian than Serbs, they have about 1 - 1.5% South Asian on average.

I had a very pleasant experience with locals (those where i stayed )last time i visited Meljine in Herceg Novi .I dislike the ruling elites and criminogenic types of Montenegro but Serbs from Montenegro aside from that they sometimes like to brag a lot are good people in general .

Varda
01-11-2024, 09:17 AM
I had a very pleasant experience with locals (those where i stayed )last time i visited Meljine in Herceg Novi .I dislike the ruling elites and criminogenic types of Montenegro but Serbs from Montenegro aside from that they sometimes like to brag a lot are good people in general .

Increased tendency towards criminogenic behavior among Montenegrins came from their tribal organizacion, same goes for Gheg Albanians. Sicilians and Corsicans are also clanish people and and know by mafia. In Montenegro people are closer to each other and more open than in Serbia, i like that. Several times unknow people Montenegro (locals) started conversation with me like they know me whole life, it is almost impossible in Serbia. In Serbia especially in urban places if you start conversation with unknown person on the street that person would think you are mad or you have some hidden goal. On average i had better relations with Montenegrins than with Srbijanci in my life, Montenegrins were more similar to me in every sense.

Sorab12
01-11-2024, 09:30 AM
Thats ok i respect your opinion ,but here in NS people are more or less opened .I started conversations on the street or in the bus with total strangers multiple times and never had any major problems .NS is Serbian people in general packed in small box .From my estimation these are the largest ethnic groups here:Serbs ,gypsies and ciganoids (from various parts of ex YU) followed by Russians ,Hungarians and small groups of Slovaks ,Ruthenians ,Romanians ,Albanians ,Croats,Chinese ,Turks ,Muslims ,etc .Those recent migrants from Ahmadinejadstans are generally few in numbers and most of them cause troubles in places around Subotica ,Sombor .