PDA

View Full Version : Attack in Belgium: grenades and gunfire

The Ripper
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Deadly attack rocks central Liege in Belgium

A gun and grenade attack in the centre of the Belgian city of Liege has killed at least two people and wounded about 25, Belgian media say.

They say several men threw grenades and fired on a crowd at a bus stop in Place Saint Lambert, a busy square.

Some reports say one of the attackers is among the dead. Local media said another had been seized by police but gunfire was continuing.

The area has been sealed off. There is no word on who carried out the attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16161746

Does anyone have more information!?

Tchek
12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Well yeah. I live a few streets from the shooting scene. It's a bit chaotic. Some loony perhaps.

The Ripper
12-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Well yeah. I live a few streets from the shooting scene. It's a bit chaotic. Some loony perhaps.

But the BBC speaks of several attackers. It seems organized, and they targeted a court.

Laudanum
12-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Does anyone have more information!?

So one of the guys who did it is among the dead? And 2 people died? Jesus, FAIL.

I'd like to know more too, though.

Tchek
12-13-2011, 12:44 PM
It seems to be a suicide actually, but they were maybe 2 or 3...

I think the guys threw 2 grenades and shooted everywhere and one of the guys killed himself...

The Ripper
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Ok, it seems there were 3 guys, one killed himself, one was arrested and one is still on the run. One of the victims is a 2 year old girl, currently fighting for her life.

Scrapple
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
18 month old injured in attack. :(

SwordoftheVistula
12-13-2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/8953449/Belgium-grenade-attack-leaves-at-least-two-dead.html

The attack took place around noon on Saint-Lambert square, home to the town's courthouse and located near a busy Christmas market, Belga news agency said.

A two-year-old child is reportedly fighting for life in hospital. Six other victims are said to be gravely injured.

One of two or more assailants threw stun grenades into the courthouse while another was hurled at a bus shelter, RTL-TV1 said.

Shots were fired across the square by gunmen posted on the rooftop of a bakery shop, with further shots heard later from across town.

Police cordoned off the square and gave chase to the assailants, one of whom was reportedly killed. The gunmen are thought to be hiding in Liege cathedral.

The Karachi Post in Pakistan claimed that the attack was linked to a sentence in an honour killing case. It said the parents of Sadia Sheikh were sentenced on Monday when there had been a bomb alert in the court.

From a comment on the London Telegraph article:

She was murdered by her family because she wouldn't marry cousin from Pakistan she had never met and left home to live with a Belgian boy.

Now the connections take it out on the town.

Alison
12-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Bastard scum swine!

If it is indeed Pakistani's who did this, they must get the same sentence they would get in Pakistan.

Tchek
12-13-2011, 01:43 PM
One of the killers is Nouredine Amrani, condamned to 5 years of prison in 2008... what the hell was he doing in the free world?

Alison
12-13-2011, 01:52 PM
One of the killers is Nouredine Amrani, condamned to 5 years of prison in 2008... what the hell was he doing in the free world?

What was he in prison for?

Alison
12-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Sword, what sentence did Sadia's parents get?

Tchek
12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
He was condamned for gun owning and drug dealing.

Siberyak
12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Muslims are digging there own grave and giving people like Gert Wilders more legitimacy.

SwordoftheVistula
12-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Sword, what sentence did Sadia's parents get?

I don't know, it came from the comments section on the London Telegraph, and after a few minutes they deleted the comments section on the article.

Alison
12-13-2011, 02:02 PM

Thanks, Tchek. I wonder why he didn't serve the full sentence.

Alison
12-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't know, it came from the comments section on the London Telegraph, and after a few minutes they deleted the comments section on the article.

I need to investigate further. Thanks anyway, Sword.

Siberyak
12-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks, Tchek. I wonder why he didn't serve the full sentence.

Probably because the Dutch didn't want to seem to racist.

Ouistreham
12-13-2011, 02:12 PM
The killer is an Arab, Nordine Amrani.

It seems he wanted to exfiltrate another Arab criminal, Mohamed Bouamar, who stood for trial at the same moment at the Palace of Justice of Liège.

Probably because the Dutch didn't want to seem to racist.

FYI Liège is in Wallonia, the French-speaking part of that thing called Belgium, not in the Netherlands...

[ This thread has nothing to do in the NL/VL department ]

Illegal firearms actually: a dozen of FAL and AK-47 assault rifles, no less.

UPDATE : Officially four people dead, including the killer who committed suicide.

Alison
12-13-2011, 02:22 PM
The killer is an Arab, Nordine Amrani.

It seems he wanted to exfiltrate another Arab criminal, Mohamed Bouamar, who stood for trial at the same moment at the Palace of Justice of Liège.

FYI Liège is in Wallonia, the French-speaking part of that thing called Belgium, not in the Netherlands...

Illegal firearms actually: a dozen of FAL and AK-47 assault rifles, no less.

Aah, clarity on the matter. What is Bouamar on trial for?

Alison
12-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Three innocents dead already :(

The Ripper
12-13-2011, 10:10 PM

Since there is no Belgian section, Vlanders was close enough. ;)

Laudanum
12-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Muslims are digging there own grave and giving people like Gert Wilders more legitimacy.

Here we go again. Gert Wilders.:D

Dude, you're hilarious.

Do you remember me saying I don't know who Gert Wilders is all the time in your Siberian ark thread?

It's GEERT WILDERS.

Siberyak
12-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Here we go again. Gert Wilders.:D

Dude, you're hilarious.

Do you remember me saying I don't know who Gert Wilders is all the time in your Siberian ark thread?

It's GEERT WILDERS.

Im not Dutch or Belgian. I have told you this already. You know who i'm talking about. I don't know how to Spell many names from this area.

Lábaru
12-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Nordine Amrani... is Moroccan, right?

Laudanum
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Im not Dutch or Belgian. I have told you this already. You know who i'm talking about. I don't know how to Spell many names from this area.

How about learning to pronounce and write European names before posting radical posts on a European preservation forum? :rolleyes:

Supreme American
12-13-2011, 10:41 PM
The Karachi Post in Pakistan claimed that the attack was linked to a sentence in an honour killing case. It said the parents of Sadia Sheikh were sentenced on Monday when there had been a bomb alert in the court. [/I]

From a comment on the London Telegraph article:

She was murdered by her family because she wouldn't marry cousin from Pakistan she had never met and left home to live with a Belgian boy.

Now the connections take it out on the town.

I thought I smelled dirty turbans and camel shit.

The liberal political elite in that country are squarely to blame for this, including the filthy miscegenation. Treat them accordingly.

Gaztelu
12-13-2011, 10:43 PM
He was named as Nordine Amrani, aged 33. He was known to police for firearms offences. Officials said the attacker acted alone, ruling out terrorism.

Ehh, another Moroccan cunt

Supreme American
12-13-2011, 10:48 PM

It's best Europeans see them for what they are while they're still a demographic minority, no? Go Geert, go!

Supreme American
12-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Ehh, another Moroccan cunt

Why does an attacker attacking alone rule out terrorism? Reminds me of the Orwellian conclusion from Obama's Department of Justice, calling that Islamic attack on Ft. Hood "workplace violence," and not terrorism.

That's what you call some major Islamic salad tossing.

The Ripper
12-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Why does an attacker attacking alone rule out terrorism? Reminds me of the Orwellian conclusion from Obama's Department of Justice, calling that Islamic attack on Ft. Hood "workplace violence," and not terrorism.

That's what you call some major Islamic salad tossing.

What made this a terrorist attack?

Supreme American
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
What made this a terrorist attack?

The article was worded that if it wasn't a terrorist attack due to a lone attacker. That is just dumb.

Siberyak
12-14-2011, 12:33 AM
How about learning to pronounce and write European names before posting radical posts on a European preservation forum? :rolleyes:

How about you mind your own business. You knew who I was talking about anyways. Lets see you pronounce and spell all European names correctly.