PDA

View Full Version : Are wide heads like that characteristic of Mediterranean people?

New brother
02-02-2024, 10:50 PM
I was looking at carpathids and thought it looked more like this type.

Feiichy
02-02-2024, 10:56 PM
It's a narrow head.

New brother
02-02-2024, 10:58 PM
It's a narrow head.
What would be wide for you?

Gallop
02-02-2024, 11:05 PM
Basically I don't think so, at least in Spain people don't like big or fat heads too much, not so much now because people are very sensitive not to make jokes or mess with the physique of others because of the psychological problems that could arise from it, but decades ago someone with a big head not only didn't go unnoticed but was mocked or made fun of, there was a certain rejection of big heads, nowadays it's not like that, as I said.

Melkiirs
02-02-2024, 11:20 PM
I was looking at carpathids and thought it looked more like this type.

The T allele of rs2066827 most frequent in East Asian populations and least frequent among SSA is linked to greater skull circumference. On gnomAD v2.1.1 the T allele is most frequent in Estonians within the European non-Finnish aggregate and lowest in Southern Europeans. This is consistent with the observed relatively lower absolute skull dimensions among Southern Europeans in a European context.

Beowulf
02-02-2024, 11:24 PM
The T allele of rs2066827 most frequent in East Asian populations and least frequent among SSA is linked to greater skull circumference. On gnomAD v2.1.1 the T allele is most frequent in Estonians within the European non-Finnish aggregate and lowest in Southern Europeans. This is consistent with the observed relatively lower absolute skull dimensions among Southern Europeans in a European context.

what does it mean if i got T/T ?

Melkiirs
02-02-2024, 11:26 PM
what does it mean if i got T/T ?

You likely have a relatively larger head according to Genomelink. The G allele is dominant in SSA populations and is associated with a lower head circumference.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
02-02-2024, 11:26 PM
Basically I don't think so, at least in Spain people don't like big or fat heads too much, not so much now because people are very sensitive not to make jokes or mess with the physique of others because of the psychological problems that could arise from it, but decades ago someone with a big head not only didn't go unnoticed but was mocked or made fun of, there was a certain rejection of big heads, nowadays it's not like that, as I said.

You come up with the most ludicrous stories xD

Beowulf
02-02-2024, 11:27 PM
You likely have a larger head according to Genomelink.

Pretty interesting, thank you!

Gohenk
02-02-2024, 11:36 PM
What would be wide for you?

This a trully wide head:
https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/bilder/troe062-.jpg

Gallop
02-03-2024, 01:50 AM
You come up with the most ludicrous stories xD

It is not an event or a story, in Spain people with big heads are not liked or are not attractive, in the past, as I said, it was even a source of ridicule, there are dozens of jokes about it.

Even if the big-headed person in question was submissive, shy, or just a normal non-dominant or alpha person, they would be rejected or looked down upon as marked or having a halo of rejection around them that could sometimes be felt, it didn't even have to be explicit. These are things about Spain that I should not have to tell you, atavistic secrets, intrinsic ethnic secrets, I do not know if I am doing well telling these things to foreigners, maybe it is not convenient that they know so much about us.

Hundreds of jokes and jokes on the subject:

Si tu cabeza fuera una tostada, habría que untarle la mantequilla con una pala.
si tu cabeza fuera un dónut, había que echarle el azúcar con helicóptero
Tienes cabeza para 7 cuellos
Más tarro que una farmacia
Cabeza para parar 7 trenes

e.t.c. e.t.c. e.t.c.

http://img.desmotivaciones.es/201909/tonto-cabezon-imagenes.jpg

https://img.desmotivaciones.es/201012/cabezon.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5e/7c/dc/5e7cdc1e468ba7ef60a5c276c006461d.png

And I could go on and on...

PaganPoet
02-03-2024, 02:28 AM
It is angular. How many cm does it have?