PDA

View Full Version : The Political Cleansing of Language

Supreme American
12-14-2011, 04:05 PM
This is a thread I'd like others to participate in, too, regardless of their native language. I'm going to start a list here of words (mine will be in American English since that is my language) that have been sanitized from use over the years due to their offending someone or other. I encourage others regardless of their native tongue to submit additions. It will be interesting to see how much language has been manipulated in Europe and all white-settled countries.

Specifically how language cleansing happens that I have seen is that the media decides to quit using a traditional word for something and replaces it with another one some activist group tells them to. Obviously the media do not have to do this, they are choosing to partly out of public relations and partly out of the obvious left-bias of mainstream international media. This new word they adopt is then accepted unnoticed by viewers, listeners and readers who then begin unconsciously using the new sanitized replacement word. I'll write a few that I've noticed:

1) African-American -- A term invented in the 1980s by corrupt reverend, closet bisexual, and shakedown artist Jesse Jackson. Media now use this commonly and it's considered the most "proper" word to define black people by. It then trickled down to the overall population. When I was growing up, we were told to say black and not Negro as Negro was allegedly racist. Now we're told using black is racist so use African-American. I say bullshit.

2) Asian -- I recall watching some television news program in the early 1990s and the announcer said it was going to be policy from then on that the word Oriental was going to be replaced by Asian as that Oriental acitivst groups find the word Oriental offensive as it is a white definition of them. The term Oriental specifically means the slant-eyed inhabitants of the far east. They want the word Asian used instead, as if they represent the entire continent. Due to such language cleansing in media, the word Oriental is now all but extinct. Personally, I go out of my way to use the word Oriental, especially when it pisses off Orientals.

3) Rain Forest -- Due to the negative image of jungles being inhabited by backward spearchuckers, the word jungle was then thought of as un-PC so somewhere in the 1980s I recall the infancy of the new term "rain forest" as a replacement for jungle. Again, this term was popularized once media adopted it and it spread like a bad case of herpes.

4) Partner -- This is the newest language manipulation. In mass media, it has replaced the word "spouse" as that the word spouse refers to a married heterosexual couple. We can't have that, it's not inclusive enough. Thus, the media have popularized the term partner as it includes unmarried faggots and cohabiting alternative lifestylers of all stripes.

Beorn
12-14-2011, 10:17 PM
As I said last night, the term 'partner' has been around me since I was a child. The term is not one I will be letting go of in my lifetime to mean something else.

Logan
12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
In upper level Anthopology classes etc... as well. Manipulation as usual. Sometimes going your own way is best.

AussieScott
12-15-2011, 12:51 AM
I witnessed a lot of the PC talk in the class room replacing what use to be the norm, the teachers would make silly comments"Oh I'm not meant to say that, the proper term is ..., that is politically correct"

1st, 2nd and 3rd world was changed to Developed and under developed world.

Turkey
12-15-2011, 01:17 AM
partner is definitely a PC word.

I can think of some words they've dirtied...

Discriminate

prejudice

I'm really annoyed I can't think of any ATM. I'm normally obsessed with this.

Great thread though:thumb001:

AussieScott
12-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Recently the PC nongs trying to change "Ba ba black sheep." to "Ba ba Rainbow sheep."

They failed in Australia, but I hear they were successful in the UK...Sad.:(

Supreme American
12-15-2011, 02:27 AM
In upper level Anthopology classes etc... as well. Manipulation as usual. Sometimes going your own way is best.

Any examples?

Supreme American
12-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Recently the PC nongs trying to change "Ba ba black sheep." to "Ba ba Rainbow sheep."

They failed in Australia, but I hear they were successful in the UK...Sad.:(

Bad choice. They went from slamming niggers to faggots.

Supreme American
12-15-2011, 02:30 AM
As I said last night, the term 'partner' has been around me since I was a child. The term is not one I will be letting go of in my lifetime to mean something else.

Here in the US with me its the opposite. Until the last few years, the word "partner" was only used in reference to things like 2 police officers assigned to work together. Otherwise, it was spouse.

heathen_son
01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Policeman and Woman Police Constable have both become "Police Officer".

Police Force has become "Police Service".

These changes in terminology were brought in to better reflect the new image of the Police in the UK, that being of a gentle, caring and compassionate, pink fluffy kitten, as opposed to the hyper-masculine crime fighting racist arse that goes in hard and doesn't think twice about doing some damage at the first sign of insolence.

TheBorrebyViking
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Instead of Mailman, Mail carrier. Some bullshit.

Supreme American
01-27-2012, 06:52 PM
1st, 2nd and 3rd world was changed to Developed and under developed world.

But it doesn't matter, because the terms are synonymous with race. Underdeveloped in compassion to what? Why, white people, of course. We're the standard that everyone else is compared to. If they don't have what we have, we must somehow fix it. They're deprived.

Supreme American
01-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Instead of Mailman, Mail carrier. Some bullshit.

Good point. Same with policeman, fireman, stewardess. Stupid gender-neutral horse crap has replaced these words.

Supreme American
01-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Policeman and Woman Police Constable have both become "Police Officer".

Police Force has become "Police Service".

These changes in terminology were brought in to better reflect the new image of the Police in the UK, that being of a gentle, caring and compassionate, pink fluffy kitten, as opposed to the hyper-masculine crime fighting racist arse that goes in hard and doesn't think twice about doing some damage at the first sign of insolence.

This reminds me of a couple geographical designations that have been changed to improve neighborhood image.

One example is in Denver when they just built the Coors Field baseball stadium. Bad area, edge of Crip hood, lots of homeless winos and junkies lingering around. When they broke land for the stadium, they actually found a murdered body there.

Anyway, the area is in a place called Five Points, which has a long-sullied reputation due to the junkies and the gangs. They dishonestly decided to call the area around Coors Field part of lower downtown, AKA LoDo, even though the stadium is geographically NOT in Lodo, but rather in Five Points.

Secondly is South Central Los Angeles. Due to its well-deserved horrible reputation, they tried - as part of their urban renewal BS - to rename it South Los Angeles in apparent hopes of drawing young, stupid white people to settle in reconditioned warehouse lofts there. It's the same turd, just in a new wrapper.

TheBorrebyViking
01-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Good point. Same with policeman, fireman, stewardess. Stupid gender-neutral horse crap has replaced these words.

Plus, not to be mean, but a fireman generally has to be big, I don't want some girly 120 pound chick to be putting out a fire and saving people, I want a 200 pound guy who can break down doors and hurry people out.