PDA

View Full Version : Classify new quite dark Northern Irish leader Gavin Robinson

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 12:01 AM
https://focus.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/thumbor/mDHB1CTorDvpuadu0wTYAeEfwFQ=/0x48:1240x874/960x640/prod-mh-ireland/01cea66c-9895-11ed-b7b6-0210609a3fe2.png

Valenman
03-30-2024, 12:03 AM
But They are real Brit?

AlbonicScholar
03-30-2024, 12:04 AM
If that's dark, I'm midnight

andrzej
03-30-2024, 12:05 AM
How is he dark for an Irishman lol?

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 12:07 AM
If that's dark, I'm midnight

Looks dark compared to a real Nordic
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/EAYDWG/belfast-northern-ireland-22-nov-2014-gavin-robinson-and-his-wife-lindsay-EAYDWG.jpg

AlbonicScholar
03-30-2024, 12:10 AM
Not really, skin tone is exactly the same. If you are talking about hair and eye colour, he is darker I guess, but he is NOT dark for a Irish man.

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 12:12 AM
Not really, skin tone is exactly the same. If you are talking about hair and eye colour, he is darker I guess, but he is NOT dark for a Irish man.

He has a sallower skintone that imo looks more Balkan

AlbonicScholar
03-30-2024, 12:15 AM
He does not look Balkan at all, I used to live in Ireland and he is no darker than the average Irish man. You get people a lot darker than this, particularly in the rural west.

Watersater79
03-30-2024, 12:22 AM
Looks more Welsh than Irish. He is some kind of Alpine-Med-Brunn mix.

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 12:24 AM
He does not look Balkan at all, I used to live in Ireland and he is no darker than the average Irish man. You get people a lot darker than this, particularly in the rural west.

Looks more Irish than English imo he is quite tall as well

AlbonicScholar
03-30-2024, 12:28 AM
Looks more Irish than English imo he is quite tall as well

I agree, but it's NOT due to colouring, he has a very Irish looking face, I knew he was Irish the second I seen him.

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 12:29 AM
I agree, but it's due to colouring, he has a very Irish looking face, I knew he was Irish the second I seen him.

Yeah a big face lol, more of an archaic trait

AlbonicScholar
03-30-2024, 12:36 AM
Yeah a big face lol, more of an archaic trait

And by the way, on the topic of colouring and complexion. I am sure you have heard this a million times but you would still be surprised just how dark featured some Irish people can get, the Welsh often get the spotlight in this regard, but in my travels in Ireland I seen lot's of med looking people.

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 12:40 AM
And by the way, on the topic of colouring and complexion. I am sure you have heard this a million times but you would still be surprised just how dark featured some Irish people can get, the Welsh often get the spotlight in this regard, but in my travels in Ireland I seen lot's of med looking people.

Indeed, the Irish are more Cro Magnon influenced but they have noticeable darker traits and quite hairy eyebrows, it is a re emergence of the darker look of proto Caucasoids.

Grace O'Malley
03-30-2024, 12:42 AM
Well he's leader of the DUP and a Protestant so he would be of Planter stock.

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 12:45 AM
Well he's leader of the DUP and a Protestant so he would be of Planter stock.

Arlene Foster had some ancestors with the name Kelly and Doonan so not all Protestants are purely British

Grace O'Malley
03-30-2024, 01:49 AM
Arlene Foster had some ancestors with the name Kelly and Doonan so not all Protestants are purely British

No of course not but it is something that should be mentioned. Didn't you post a thread previously mentioning how Protestant Irish look British and different than the Irish or something like that?

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 02:01 AM
No of course not but it is something that should be mentioned. Didn't you post a thread previously mentioning how Protestant Irish look British and different than the Irish or something like that?

I certainly did, i think a lot of Protestants are mainly British or even wholly British so you generally have a lot of leaders who look more British like the one who has recently been disgraced, he looks like Keir Starmer an Englishman.

Anglo-Celtic
03-30-2024, 02:01 AM
Are you referring to his personality? He's quite dark....for an albino.

Grace O'Malley
03-30-2024, 02:05 AM
I certainly did, i think a lot of Protestants are mainly British or even wholly British so you generally have a lot of leaders who look more British like the one who has recently been disgraced, he looks like Keir Starmer an Englishman.

Well then why are you changing the goal posts when it suits you? This man is a Protestant so of Planter stock. How do you know all the family trees of all the people you post?

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 02:11 AM
Well then why are you changing the goal posts when it suits you? This man is a Protestant so of Planter stock. How do you know all the family trees of all the people you post?

Well the ancestries vary so some Protestants might have many more ethnic Irish ancestors while other ones will be almost purely British, it's obvious that many Protestants have more Irish ancestors but there are also many who are very British in lineage.

Grace O'Malley
03-30-2024, 02:18 AM
Well the ancestries vary so some Protestants might have many more ethnic Irish ancestors while other ones will be almost purely British, it's obvious that many Protestants have more Irish ancestors but there are also many who are very British in lineage.

Difficult to know unless you know their family tree. I would say in the end most populations in both Britain and Ireland are mixed to some extent. Even in my own family tree I have surnames that aren't solely Irish.

Oliver109
03-30-2024, 02:27 AM
Difficult to know unless you know their family tree. I would say in the end most populations in both Britain and Ireland are mixed to some extent. Even in my own family tree I have surnames that aren't solely Irish.

Really? my dad had no Irish ancestors at all and very minimal ancestry outside of England(i think i am about 1/32th Scottish and i never heard of Welsh ancestors) Many northern English surnames are extremely rare here in southern England too.

Grace O'Malley
03-30-2024, 02:33 AM
Really? my dad had no Irish ancestors at all and very minimal ancestry outside of England(i think i am about 1/32th Scottish and i never heard of Welsh ancestors) Many northern English surnames are extremely rare here in southern England too.

Yes in Irish family trees (including my own) you will have Norman surnames, English and Scots as well as Irish surnames.

One of the surnames on my father's side is Leland and at the moment I can only go back to the late 1700s with that surname. I suspect it could be McClelland or McLeland which is Scottish but that's just a guess as the name is supposedly of Scottish origin in Ireland. The surname however has various origins. It could be English also. That's just an example. I also have a few Norman surnames.

The origins of the Leland name come from when the Anglo-Saxon tribes ruled over Britain. The name Leland was originally derived from a family having lived in Leyland, in Lancashire. The place-name Leyland is derived from the Old English elements lęge and land, and means "untilled land." [1] It was recorded as Lailand in the Domesday Book, [2] compiled in 1086 on the orders of William the Conqueror. The family name is derived from the place-name and means "dweller by the uncultivated land."

https://www.houseofnames.com/leland-family-crest

Anglo-Celtic
03-30-2024, 02:42 AM
Yes in Irish family trees (including my own) you will have Norman surnames, English and Scots as well as Irish surnames.

One of the surnames on my father's side is Leland and at the moment I can only go back to the late 1700s with that surname. I suspect it could be McClelland or McLeland which is Scottish but that's just a guess as the name is supposedly of Scottish origin in Ireland. The surname however has various origins. It could be English also. That's just an example. I also have a few Norman surnames.

https://www.houseofnames.com/leland-family-crest

I have more than twenty "Mc" names in my tree. Most of them are Western Scottish (both Highlands and Lowlands), but I think of the "Mc"s as honorary micks since they share the same Gaelic ethnicity. I can trace back to all five countries, in the Isles, on all four sides. I'm bi....Celtic.