PDA

View Full Version : Why women love heels?

rajputprincess
04-02-2024, 10:11 AM
Heels are extremely extremely uncomfortable lol why would anyone wear it?
And second no one care about women height. I don't understand are they trying to be tall? Why would any women want it? Even tall women do it. You are literally 187.96 centimeters tall and you want to wear heels?
Are you trying to look like a giant? Lmao and funniest part is that they want to date guys who is taller than them + heel.

Shoes are better 128322
This look very comfortable.

tropicalslavic
04-02-2024, 10:16 AM
I hate those things. They're uncomfortable and I don't get the point of wearing them. Plus I don't want to be tall. Lol

Mopi Licinius Crassus
04-02-2024, 10:32 AM
I don't really see the appeal tbh
Heels don't make women more attractive in my eyes
They seem super uncomfortable and unpractical aswell
However lots of women seem addicted to wearing them

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
04-02-2024, 10:37 AM
why would anyone wear it?

A lot of men like to see a woman in high heels. And many women feel more feminine and confident when wearing heels. Not all women want to look like they stepped out of a second-rate K-Pop band in their super baggy pants. And it is all good, we can't all like the same things.

Blondie
04-02-2024, 10:42 AM
I dont like it, but sometimes i wear heels to surprise my bf.

Carpatz
04-02-2024, 10:51 AM
It gives you a sexy gait and posture with an arched back and lifted ass

rajputprincess
04-02-2024, 11:02 AM
A lot of men like to see a woman in high heels. And many women feel more feminine and confident when wearing heels. Not all women want to look like they stepped out of a second-rate K-Pop band in their super baggy pants. And it is all good, we can't all like the same things.

Maybe because I like tomboy and street wear more. So i can't understand the appeal.
Tomboy = cooler women.

04-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Maybe because I like tomboy and street wear more. So i can't understand the appeal.
Tomboy = cooler women.

You can not understand why a man would prefer this outfit on a woman?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/82/b8/25/82b8257dea06b77ef80202c97b964679.jpg

Over something like this?

https://blog.meninashoes.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/look-streetwear-com-moletom.jpg

Both are casual outfits, just one looks smarter and proportional :) Well, at least in my opinion, I am not really concerned about the "cooler" aspect.

rajputprincess
04-02-2024, 11:27 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/82/b8/25/82b8257dea06b77ef80202c97b964679.jpg

Over this:

https://blog.meninashoes.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/look-streetwear-com-moletom.jpg

Both are casual outfits, just one looks smarter and proportional :) Well, at least in my opinion, I am not really concerned about the "cooler" aspect.

Well for me coolness and swag is very important. So i like second girl more.

Carpatz
04-02-2024, 11:34 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/82/b8/25/82b8257dea06b77ef802c97b964679.jpg

Over something like this?

https://blog.meninashoes.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/look-sar-com-moletom.jpg

I noticed these baggy clothes are a trend with zoomer tiktok addicted girls. A throwback to the 2000s maybe? And it's not just fatties hiding their folds. I've seen that combo in the op pic a lot, oversized pants and short top

tropicalslavic
04-02-2024, 11:39 AM
They always make me feel like the sole of my foot is being ripped off

04-02-2024, 11:39 AM
I noticed these baggy clothes are a trend with zoomer tiktok addicted girls. A throwback to the 2000s maybe? And it's not just fatties hiding their folds. I've seen that combo in the op pic a lot, oversized pants and short top

It's just a fast fashion fad. In two years' time there will be something else.

rajputprincess
04-02-2024, 11:41 AM
I might make a thread about street wear fashion
Comfortable and cool

Best combination

tropicalslavic
04-02-2024, 11:49 AM
Also I quite like baggy clothes. I've always been a huge tomboy, didn't even wear makeup at my wedding, my wardrobe is mostly baggy cargo/work pants and things like that. I feel naked in anything tight. I wouldn't own dresses if I didn't go to church. I also feel strangely naked if my arms are showing.

I've been this way since I was a kid but I appreciate the Tiktok trend for making shopping easier. Lol

Petalpusher
04-02-2024, 11:51 AM
It gives a more slender silhouette, and the optic illusion of longer, thinner legs. The average woman without heels look short, fat and stocky, only a few can pull this off. Heels, makeup, hair, wonderbras and so on... everything is a lie anyway when it comes to women's appearance so we are used to this and still size you up correctly regardless then tend to compute in our head how you would normally look. We appreciate the effort though.

Immanenz
04-02-2024, 11:56 AM
what women think who were high heels are signaling: i m high value woman

what men think when they see a woman with high heels: she is a slut

what they actually are: usually expensive and high demanding sluts.

04-02-2024, 12:03 PM
what women think who were high heels are signaling: i m high value woman

what men think when they see a woman with high heels: she is a slut

what they actually are: usually expensive and high demanding sluts.

Are you filling in for Insuperable in his absence?

Carpatz
04-02-2024, 12:07 PM

Tbf, someone has to be negging these women. I like my sluts cheap and easy

CosmoLady
04-02-2024, 12:08 PM
Some women look great in heels.

But I am short (1.55m), I accept that I am short, and I am not trying to look taller than I am.

Heels look silly on me, who am I kidding?

And with heels I cannot run.

And with heels I am taller than my man.

04-02-2024, 12:14 PM

Lol what? I'm a bit lost. This topic has escalated from heels to "all women are sluts" type of rhetoric for no real good reason as it seems common nowadays on TA. Some people need to start getting a grip on their resentments.

Carpatz
04-02-2024, 12:16 PM
Lol what? I'm a bit lost. This topic has escalated from heels to "all women are sluts" type of rhetoric for no real good reason as it seems common nowadays on TA. Some people need to start getting a grip on their resentments.

Don't worry about it man, I'm joshing

CosmoLady
04-02-2024, 12:20 PM

Yes I agree, I do not like baggy clothes, I like slim fitted clothes. The 2010s were better, the current trends are awful.

The current baggy fashion is because all the girls are getting fat (especially since Covid), or dislike their bodies and want to hide them, or are queer/non-binary,

or because all the girls are in "beast mode", there is this societal beast mode now. :rolleyes:

Baggy clothes go back to 1990s/early 200s hip-hop culture in the West; yet there was also some elegant minimalism and sexiness back then, not anymore.

The practical reason for loose (not baggy) clothes for me is to conceal larger weapons.

04-02-2024, 12:24 PM
Yes I agree, I do not like baggy clothes, I like slim fitted clothes. The 2010s were better, the current trends are awful.

The current baggy fashion is because all the girls are getting fat (especially since Covid), or dislike their bodies and want to hide them, or are queer/non-binary,

or because all the girls are in "beast mode", there is this societal beast mode now.

Baggy clothes go back to 1990s/early 200s hip-hop culture in the West; yet there was also some elegant minimalism and sexiness back then, not anymore.

The practical reason for loose (not baggy) clothes for me is to conceal larger weapons.

People who have a few extra pounds shouldn't wear baggy clothes in an attempt to hide them, as it gives the illusion of looking even bigger.

CosmoLady
04-02-2024, 12:36 PM
People who have a few extra pounds shouldn't wear baggy clothes in an attempt to hide them, as it gives the illusion of looking even bigger.

Overweight people wear loose clothes because slim clothes do not fit, are uncomfortable, or look silly.

(Fat people should not wear skinny jeans.)

Baggy or hip-hop-style clothes seem to be the only way to make loose clothes look cool.

These are part of thug culture, these evoke retail theft, concealed weapons, and one-size-fits-all (in prison).

Also, in general, the Woke Fundamentalists (like the Islamists) like to cover up and hide their femininity/appearance.

There is also a Woke Slut Mode or 'Sex Worker' Mode as well, whenever sex is desired.

Dandelion
04-02-2024, 12:39 PM
Women also have differing opinions here. I used to date a woman, a manager, who claims heels make her feel more powerful and ladylike. My previous GF, however, claims they make her look more vulnerable and appealing to protecting males.

CosmoLady
04-02-2024, 12:47 PM
Women also have differing opinions here. I used to date a woman, a manager, who claims heels make her feel more powerful and ladylike.
Yes, some women want to appear taller than they are, or more feminine/desirable, these are both forms of power.

My previous GF, however, claims they make her look more vulnerable and appealing to protecting males.
But yes, heels are awkward and running is very difficult/impossible, so the woman is more vulnerable.

04-02-2024, 01:20 PM
Overweight people wear loose clothes because slim clothes do not fit, are uncomfortable, or look silly.

Baggy or hip-hop-style clothes seem to be the only way to make loose clothes look cool.

These are part of thug culture, these evoke retail theft, concealed weapons, and one-size-fits-all (in prison).

Also, in general, the Woke Fundamentalists (like the Islamists) like to cover up and hide their femininity/appearance.

There is also a Woke Slut Mode or 'Sex Worker' Mode as well, whenever sex is desired.

Not all clothes are tailored to a slim fit and nowadays there are also plenty of things for plus size people. It should also be noted that in Portugal there are virtually none of the extreme morbidly obese people that we sometimes see in the US or the UK. There are overweight people, of course, but usually nothing so extreme that you can't find something that would fit you somewhere. I work with a colleague who has been fat all her life and she dresses impeccably. So I don't agree that someone who is fat is doomed to not look presentable, although of course ideally it would always be better if they eventually gather the will to loose some weight.

Celestia
04-02-2024, 01:23 PM
I admire women who are able to walk in heels everyday. I’ve never been graceful enough to do it lol

Hithaeglir
04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
They make dresses and formal outfits look more elegant. However, I never wear anything higher than a 6cm heel, otherwise I get back pains.

Mopi Licinius Crassus
04-02-2024, 01:26 PM
They make dresses and formal outfits look more elegant. However, I never wear anything higher than a 6cm heel, otherwise I get back pains.

how tall are you sans heels ?

Hithaeglir
04-02-2024, 01:28 PM
how tall are you sans heels ?

1.73 m

CosmoLady
04-02-2024, 01:29 PM
Not all clothes are tailored to a slim fit and nowadays there are also plenty of things for plus size people. It should also be noted that in Portugal there are virtually none of the extreme morbidly obese people that we sometimes see in the US or the UK. There are overweight people, of course, but usually nothing so extreme that you can't find something that would fit you somewhere. I work with a colleague who has been fat all her life and she dresses impeccably. So I don't agree that someone who is fat is doomed to not look presentable, although of course ideally it would always be better if they eventually gather the will to loose some weight.

I said COOL not presentable.

Of course fat people can look good if they wear conservative clothes that are the right size with a normal fit.
Normal clothes are slightly loose, not baggy. (Otherwise they would be slim/fitted.)

CosmoLady
04-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Fashion trends are the result of young people and what is perceived as cool, or what is marketed to them as such.

Being "edgy" and different is a big part of being cool, at least in the beginning.

Normal and conservative clothing will never be edgy and cool no matter how much it is marketed,
unless such clothing becomes rare and forgotten and is revived, or unless there is a cultural change.

Anglo-Celtic
04-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Some women look great in heels.

But I am short (1.55m), I accept that I am short, and I am not trying to look taller than I am.

Heels look silly on me, who am I kidding?

And with heels I cannot run.

And with heels I am taller than my man.

That begs the question. Do they even make heels in your size? ;)

Incal
04-02-2024, 01:31 PM

lol same.

Mopi Licinius Crassus
04-02-2024, 01:37 PM
1.73 m

So 5ft 8 ...quite tall for a woman

with heels you'll be 179cm about 5ft 10.5

I'm 180cm....you'll be looking old Mopi cat right in the eye :eek:

sacha
I can't stand the impracticality, but heels make the legs and butt look better, that's undeniable. The issue is they also cause permanent foot and posture issues with long-term use.

Feiichy
I like heels and I can pull them off, even very high ones. I walk well in them. I always wear them to court or to some fancy evening events that requite classy dresses.

On the other hand I enjoy baggy clothes in free time and I am opposite of fat.

I have many faces and like to surprise people with both glamorous or boyish looks in different ocassions.

rajputprincess
04-02-2024, 01:38 PM
I like heels and I can pull them off, even very high ones. I walk well in them. I always wear them to court or some fancy events that requite classy dresses.

On the other hand I enjoy baggy clothes in free time and I am opposite of fat.

I have many faces and like to surprise people with goth glamorous or boyish looks in different ocassions.

Aren't you very tall? You would be even taller with heels?

Lol I can understand short women wearing heels but tall women
Are you taller than stears with heels?

Feiichy
04-02-2024, 01:42 PM
Aren't you very tall? You would be even taller with heels?

Lol I can understand short women wearing heels but tall women
Are you taller than stears with heels?

No I am not that tall lol. He is 6 feet 5.
I am not short ofcourse but I look tall because I am thin and have low weight.

We can't go to court without heels. I wear classic women's suits and they don't look so elegant without heels. Courts are classy places and you want to look elegant and you feel great when you do.

Ylla
04-02-2024, 01:58 PM
I prefer sneakers with everything including dresses. I don't mind wearing heels for special occasions. Kudos to women who can wear them regularly.

Sylvanas
04-02-2024, 02:00 PM
Heels were invented in Persia in the 10th century. Valerie Fahnestock Steele, an American fashion historian, curator, and director of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology: "Wealthy men wore them to give them additional height, and when they rode on horseback, the heels clicked into the stirrups. But when Persian royalty traveled to the French courts in the 17th century, they brought the trend with them, and soon heels were widespread among men in European courts." Wealthy women also began to wear heeled shoes, but women’s shoes had taller, thinner heels. Soon they became associated with women’s sexuality, they changed a woman’s silhouette and some men find it alluring. By the 1800s, women of all social classes wore heels. Sometimes heels were a mandatory for women as a dress code for work. It is still part of the dress code for some special occasion, like Cannes film festival or some professional dance competitions.

In everyday life it is a choice. Yes, they are uncomfortable. I wanted to add some informations to this thread, if someone is interested in reading. :D

CosmoLady
04-02-2024, 02:04 PM
I prefer sneakers with everything including dresses. I don't mind wearing heels for special occasions. Kudos to women who can wear them regularly.

Yeah, I wear sneakers with dresses too! :) I always wear sneakers or military-style boots.

CosmoLady
04-02-2024, 02:05 PM
Heels were invented in Persia in the 10th century. Valerie Fahnestock Steele, an American fashion historian, curator, and director of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology: "Wealthy men wore them to give them additional height, and when they rode on horseback, the heels clicked into the stirrups. But when Persian royalty traveled to the French courts in the 17th century, they brought the trend with them, and soon heels were widespread among men in European courts." Wealthy women also began to wear heeled shoes, but women’s shoes had taller, thinner heels. Soon they became associated with women’s sexuality, they changed a woman’s silhouette and some men find it alluring. By the 1800s, women of all social classes wore heels. Sometimes heels were a mandatory for women as a dress code for work. It is still part of the dress code for some special occasion, like Cannes film festival or some professional dance competitions.

In everyday life it is a choice. Yes, they are uncomfortable. I wanted to add some informations to this thread, if someone is interested in reading. :D

I think there was also a practical reason. In the Middle Ages and beyond, streets were quite filthy, you can imagine.

Before heels, men and women were wearing boots, and women were sometimes wearing pattens like these,
which are quite exaggerated in this example of the Ottoman lady:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/Femme_turque_avec_servante_%281742-1743%29_-_Jean-%C3%89tienne_Liotard_%28MAH%2C_Geneva%29.jpg/800px-Femme_turque_avec_servante_%281742-1743%29_-_Jean-%C3%89tienne_Liotard_%28MAH%2C_Geneva%29.jpg

nittionia
04-02-2024, 02:12 PM
I like all kinds of shoes with dresses. I also have cowgirl boots that I wear with dresses

tropicalslavic
04-02-2024, 04:29 PM

It's not the Apricity without a quirked up white boy posting red pill content in every thread.

Dick
04-03-2024, 07:19 AM

Me too.

Mortimer
04-03-2024, 07:41 AM
I love women in heels, but only if they are really short since im not a tall guy, im 1.74m that is nearly 5"9 or 5"8 and a half inches. She should be really short to wear heels with me as man. But if she is taller, i like normal elegant shoes, there are elegant shoes who are not sneakers but are also not heels.

kinda like
https://img.kwcdn.com/product/Fancyalgo/VirtualModelMatting/59862a733b41b6d223a341bce8639b40.jpg?imageView2/2/w/500/q/60/format/webp