PDA

View Full Version : Classify 2 Austrian tourists visiting the Kalash tribe

Oliver109
04-14-2024, 11:26 PM
I think the less pale one can probably easily pass as Kalash though i don't know if she is full Austrian or not, the pale one looks quite easy to pass in Netherlands or even UK i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkv7uaRJN1k

Immanenz
04-14-2024, 11:32 PM
They look Kalash as fuck

Oliver109
04-14-2024, 11:35 PM
They look Kalash as fuck

Lol on a serious note how would you classify?

Avicenna
04-15-2024, 10:59 AM
Lol on a serious note how would you classify?

I've noticed the nuristanis look quite different to the Kalash, I don't know why they get lumped together , they don't even speak the same language and their culture is different
( Kalash is Indo Aryan whilst Nuristani is not).

Oliver109
04-15-2024, 11:04 AM
I've noticed the nuristanis look quite different to the Kalash, I don't know why they get lumped together , they don't even speak the same language and their culture is different
( Kalash is Indo Aryan whilst Nuristani is not).

Of course, they are a totally different people, i would say that Nuristanis are more varied but Kalash seem to have a similar ratio of light eyes

Avicenna
04-15-2024, 12:34 PM
Of course, they are a totally different people, i would say that Nuristanis are more varied but Kalash seem to have a similar ratio of light eyes

Based on what are you saying this? Most Kalash I've seen based on these videos look much darker than nuristanis, they remind me of romas.

Oliver109
04-15-2024, 12:41 PM
Based on what are you saying this? Most Kalash I've seen based on these videos look much darker than nuristanis, they remind me of romas.

Yeah generally they look more unpassable in west Europe than the many lighter Nuristanis

Lemurian
04-15-2024, 09:55 PM

out of curiosity what is the difference btwn Kalash and Hunza or Burusho peoples? search results generate similar images and ethnic clothing styles, and both have high incidences of lighter pigmentation for South Asia. the thing is the Burusho speak a non-IE language isolate, oddly

Roy
04-15-2024, 09:58 PM
Nordid with some Dinarid and CM influences and Borreby, both can pass as Polish but the girl on the right in the thumbnail looks uncommon already IMHO

Oliver109
04-15-2024, 10:02 PM
out of curiosity what is the difference btwn Kalash and Hunza or Burusho peoples? search results generate similar images and ethnic clothing styles, and both have high incidences of lighter pigmentation for South Asia. the thing is the Burusho speak a non-IE language isolate, oddly

Kalash look more homogenous and are mainly north indid-nordo iranid blends, Hunza and Burusho people seem to have more Mongol and alpine influence and look closer to the Wakhan people and Tajiks.

kevinmac
04-15-2024, 11:38 PM
They both look european