PDA

View Full Version : classify this viking from jorvik england facial reconstruction based off a skull

fromjutt
04-18-2024, 06:33 PM

Immanenz
04-18-2024, 07:50 PM
i think the skull is more squarre in appearance than the facial reconstruction

Kess
04-18-2024, 08:44 PM
Aisto Nordid

Loki
04-18-2024, 09:05 PM
Handsome looking. Looks northern European, unsurprisingly.

Annihilus
04-18-2024, 09:37 PM
Handsome looking. Looks northern European, unsurprisingly.

He probably had lots of scars from battle/disease, but still handsome yes.

fromjutt
04-18-2024, 10:43 PM
He probably had lots of scars from battle/disease, but still handsome yes.

regardless, our ancestors looked 100 times better and more beautiful than we ever can dream of being lol, thank our modern diet and chemicals for that

Annihilus
04-18-2024, 10:47 PM
I am pretty sure we look way better than our distant ancestors, for one they aged way faster, chemicals or not, just reality of life.

fromjutt
04-19-2024, 01:40 AM
I am pretty sure we look way better than our distant ancestors, for one they aged way faster, chemicals or not, just reality of life.

erm no, you dont have any proof of that

"The notion that ancient populations had better aligned dentitions than modern ones is well rooted in the anthropological and dental literature (e.g., 2,3,11,49,50). Most of the evidence was obtained from orthodontic studies carried on historical (mainly Medieval populations) or modern pre-industrial populations demonstrating low prevalence of malocclusion compared to modern populations (e.g.,[51-55])"

"Comparisons of Medieval and modern skulls demonstrate this dramatically, with tooth crowding considerably less frequent in the Middle Ages (Moore et al. 1968, Helm and Prydsö 1979, Luther 1993)"

"A Swedish study based on 124 skulls from the 500 years preceding the seventeenth century found that the medieval skulls had somewhat smaller teeth and brain cases but larger jaws and wider dental arches than those of a modern population. 4 Other trends that have been reported include a reduction in palatal width between the Romano-British period and the nineteenth century 5, 6 and reductions in bi-zygomatic and maxillary widths between the twelfth and nineteenth centuries. 7"

but yeah, very unfortunate how fugly we look now

fromjutt
04-19-2024, 01:43 AM

"Horizontal measurements in the base of the anterior cranial fossa and in the maxillary complex were greater in the modern group than in the medieval skulls. Cranial vault measurements were significantly higher (P=0.000) in the twentieth century skulls, especially in the anterior cranial fossa.

Conclusion: Results suggest that our medieval ancestors had more prominent faces and smaller cranial vaults than modern man."

average scandanvian looked like johan the swedish soccor player, "just reality of life" ya know

fromjutt
04-19-2024, 01:45 AM

"This study indicates a significant increase in both the prevalence and the severity of malocclusions during the last 400 to 700 years in Oslo, Norway."

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/6276042_Are_malocclusions_more_prevalent_and_sever e_now_A_comparative_study_of_medieval_skulls_from_ Norway

i look at modern humans with disgust, they cant ever achieve the facial harmony as our ancestors

Loki
04-19-2024, 09:51 AM

I look at old skulls and I often see they have perfect teeth, unlike most people today ...

Creoda
04-19-2024, 10:03 AM
Was he genetically Scandinavian? 'cause he looks more British..... doesn't matter anyway because these reconstructions are made-up artistic interpretations.

Immanenz
04-19-2024, 12:07 PM
I look at old skulls and I often see they have perfect teeth, unlike most people today ...

yes, its because of the shit soft food and too much refinied carbs we eat.

fromjutt
04-19-2024, 05:39 PM
Was he genetically Scandinavian? 'cause he looks more British..... doesn't matter anyway because these reconstructions are made-up artistic interpretations.

they not made up interpretations at all, he could have local British ancestry since he was buried in england, but anyhow, this person who reconstructs this had his work featured by proper well-established anthropologist like Alexey Nechvaloda

aherne
04-19-2024, 06:45 PM
Textbook Aryan face (corded type)... No other elements.

Annihilus
04-21-2024, 01:57 PM

That is absolutely true for skulls before the agricultural revolution.

Regnera
04-21-2024, 02:18 PM
Looks Keltic Nordid.

fromjutt
04-22-2024, 11:30 PM
That is absolutely true for skulls before the agricultural revolution.

false, its true for any skulls that came before 500 years ago, so essentially before the modern industrialization revolution and intensity in agriculture, everyone agrees with this fact, you lost, i have a book that describes over 1500 danish iron age skulls, i can use that if you wanna go ahead with the argument