PDA

View Full Version : Meat and Vegetable Stew

Brynhild
04-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Ah, now is the time to warm the cockles and enjoy some serious cooking!

Ingredients:

I use either Osso Bucco or Pork. Any cut of meat will do, as long as it isn't too sinewy.
Potatoes
Sweet Potato
Pumpkin
Carrot
Cabbage

Cooking time is around 2 hours

Bring about 1-2 litres of water to boil then reduce to simmer. Add cubed meat along with a tablespoon of Maize flour - you can use more if you like it thicker. Cook meat for one hour, add salt if you wish. I also like some soy and sweet chili sauce, gives it a bit of kick. Cube potato, sweet potato and pumpkin - in the following order, add potato after meat has cooked for 1 hour, then a short time later add sweet potato and pumpkin. Half an hour before serving, add sliced carrots and finally cabbage. Depending on how much maize you add, the stew should be between thin and thick. I cook enough to serve four, so how much you add is to your judgement. It also depends on what you want more in the stew, but this is a general guide.

Enjoy!

Frigga
04-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Pumpkin huh? I don't cook much with squashes. Sounds interesting! :)

Solwyn
04-18-2009, 02:55 PM
I love cooking with pumpkin and squash!!! I make an awesome Harvest Soup. You'll have to fly up here to try it Miss Frigga:D

Brynhild
04-18-2009, 03:45 PM
I should've posted these Recipes (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1061&page=4) here, but for Frigga, the second one may interest you since this also has pumpkin in it. :thumb001: