PDA

View Full Version : GPT-4o phenotype classifications

Abriekman
05-21-2024, 10:39 AM
Has anybody tried the new GPT-4o for taxonomy? There appeared to be an option to send images

You can send an image of yourself and GPT will try to classify you and put you into some subracial category if you write in the prompt

https://openai.com/index/hello-gpt-4o/

https://chatgpt.com/

I'm interested in how much it is accurate for you

Elliot
05-21-2024, 11:32 AM
He calls the Mediterranean race Arabid. Meh, It classifies quite poorly.

gixajo
05-21-2024, 11:42 AM
He calls the Mediterranean race Arabid. .

Based AI. :p

al-Hamdu li-llaah!

Elliot
05-21-2024, 11:45 AM
Based AI. :p

al-Hamdu li-llaah!
:picard1::picard2:

Abriekman
05-21-2024, 11:50 AM
He calls the Mediterranean race Arabid. Meh, It classifies quite poorly.

You can educate it. For example, send images of all phenotypes, and then, based on them, tell it to classify yourself or another person. But for that, you probably need paid version, I think. You probably won't be able to send it all because of the limited number of responses in the chat.

I'm sure that it can be the most precise tool for taxonomy.

merix
05-21-2024, 12:39 PM
I tried character AI once and it was pretty accurate, i got alpinid with mongoloid features

Abriekman
05-21-2024, 02:17 PM
I tried character AI once and it was pretty accurate, i got alpinid with mongoloid features

What did you exactly use there? I couldn't find anything related to taxonomy there.

merix
05-21-2024, 02:26 PM
I just set up a character and asked it to classify my pheno, every character seems to be different so you could get different answers. For me (i set up 4 characters) they all told me I was prominently Alpinid.

Abriekman
05-21-2024, 03:32 PM
I just set up a character and asked it to classify my pheno, every character seems to be different so you could get different answers. For me (i set up 4 characters) they all told me I was prominently Alpinid.

How did you get the option to upload an image in the chat? Do you have a paid version? Because I can only send messages to the characters

By the way, did you try GPT-4o?

Beowulf
05-21-2024, 03:38 PM
For some reason It said i looked Balkanic :p

merix
05-21-2024, 05:28 PM
I didn't try Chat GPT, you have to send an imgur link

Abriekman
05-21-2024, 05:38 PM
For some reason It said i looked Balkanic :p

Specifically Balkanic?? Lol

Well, at least not Melanesian or something

Petalpusher
05-21-2024, 05:40 PM
Tinkering with it, he is a bit shy. I got the best answer asking it to guess

Give your best guess which country he is from

ChatGPT
Making a guess based on appearance alone is highly speculative, but if I had to venture a guess, he might appear to be from a European country, possibly Northern or Western Europe. This guess is based on his light eyes, which are features commonly found in those regions. However, it's important to note that appearances can be very misleading, and people with similar features can be found in many countries around the world.

Beowulf
05-21-2024, 05:44 PM
Specifically Balkanic?? Lol

Well, at least not Melanesian or something

Yes LOL

Abriekman
05-21-2024, 05:52 PM
Yes LOL

What if you try to send AI something like that:

https://i.imgur.com/855976C.png

And tell it to choose out of those. Probably it will guess more accurately?

Abriekman
05-21-2024, 05:55 PM
Tinkering with it, he is a bit shy. I got the best answer asking it to guess

There's also Claude AI, which I usually consider more accurate overall, but it refuses to classify any human by appearance, so GPT is probably the only tool we have now for it. I am sure it will get much better with time and we won't need those taxonomy threads on the forum anymore

Beowulf
05-21-2024, 05:56 PM
What if you try to send AI something like that:

And tell it to choose out of those. Probably it will guess more accurately?

Now it says North Atlantid.

Abriekman
05-21-2024, 05:59 PM
Now it says North Atlantid.

Are you? I mean, that's what people classified you usually?

If yes, then nice. Maybe we really can start using AI for taxonomy from now on

Beowulf
05-21-2024, 06:01 PM
Are you? I mean, that's what people classified you usually?

If yes, then nice. Maybe we really can use AI from now on

Not really, i have been classfied as nordo-Med + brunn + alpinid.

Abriekman
05-21-2024, 06:03 PM
Not really, i have been classfied as nordo-Med + brunn + alpinid.

But nordo-med is North Atlantid, isn't it? I mean AI surely wouldn't give such complex classification with 3 racial subtypes all together

Beowulf
05-21-2024, 06:04 PM
But nordo-med is North Atlantid, isn't it? I mean AI surely wouldn't give such complex classification with 3 racial subtypes all together

i thought it was the same as Atlantid, or is it? I don't know to much of this phenotype stuff too so i might be wrong.

RogueState
05-21-2024, 06:18 PM
Is there any project regarding building database of actual front picture of people and their DNA results on AI to actually map phenotypes and genotypes (estimates)?

I.e. based upon pic of someone, estimate DNA profile or conversely, based upon DNA results, estimate phenotype?

Petalpusher
05-21-2024, 06:36 PM
Is there any project regarding building database of actual front picture of people and their DNA results on AI to actually map phenotypes and genotypes (estimates)?

I.e. based upon pic of someone, estimate DNA profile or conversely, based upon DNA results, estimate phenotype?

There are few attempts to do that (dna to phenotype)
https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/

Could be useful for forensic/crime investigation.

Hektor12
05-21-2024, 07:45 PM
Morphs have limited help with phenotypes though. At least try to insert full description of phenotypes to get a reliable answer.

gixajo
05-21-2024, 08:52 PM
:picard1::picard2:

:p

Abriekman
05-22-2024, 12:32 PM
i thought it was the same as Atlantid, or is it? I don't know to much of this phenotype stuff too so i might be wrong.

North Atlantid - Western European type that combines features of Nordid and Mediterranid in a unique way. Everything matches then

Beowulf
05-22-2024, 12:43 PM
North Atlantid - Western European type that combines features of Nordid and Mediterranid in a unique way. Everything matches then

Ahh okay then thank you :thumb001:

calxpal
05-23-2024, 09:12 AM
I tried this but failed to get an actual answer with the free version lol oops.

MBVC
05-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Not accurate imo.

Abriekman
05-23-2024, 09:56 AM
Not accurate imo.

Don't North Africans get significant amount of Southern European % on DNA tests? Anyway, I wouldn't expect anything accurate if you ask AI that. Try phenotype classification instead, and also sending it the images of subraces to improve precision like I showed in the previous comments

MBVC
05-23-2024, 10:05 AM
Second pic was after I sent it that subraces picture, so it is based on that. I do have some european DNA yes but I suspect it is using coloring alot for its predictions. So because I am light skinned and dark featured it says southern european, a bit superficial imo.

Xavier727
05-23-2024, 11:34 AM
1st attempt

2nd

Phenotype estimate

Ketchup
05-23-2024, 05:38 PM
I asked it to break things down deeper and it kinda get things right with most being South Asian and the Southeast Asian+Central Asian combo for the Mongoloid part of my ancestry. Super interesting.

Nelju
05-23-2024, 05:59 PM
ChatGPT does a great job estimating my phenotype. It's impressive that it can make these guesses just from your photos.

"Based on the photos you provided and the phenotypic types in the image, you seem to most closely resemble a combination of the following types:

Atlanto-Mediterranid: This type, under the South European types, is characterized by a medium to light brown skin tone, dark hair, and well-defined facial features.
Gracile Mediterranid:Also under the South European types, characterized by a slightly lighter build, dark hair, and dark eyes, with a balanced facial structure.
East Mediterranid:Again under the South European types, with features that include dark hair and eyes, and a slightly more robust facial structure.

Your high cheekbones, balanced nose, and full lips fit well with the Atlanto-Mediterranid and Gracile Mediterranid types. Additionally, your overall appearance aligns with the East Mediterranid phenotype due to the defined features.

Estimating ethnicity based on appearance can be challenging and often inaccurate, as physical features do not always correspond neatly to specific ethnic groups. However, based on common physical traits, you might be of Latin American or Mediterranean descent. These regions are known for having a diverse mix of ancestries, including Indigenous, European, and African influences. It's important to note that these are just general estimates and may not accurately reflect your actual ethnic background. For a more precise understanding, a genetic test or personal knowledge of your family history would be more reliable"

Abriekman
05-23-2024, 06:06 PM
I suspect it is using coloring alot for its predictions

I don't think it does. I have brown hair and hazel eyes and it still gives me only Northern European types based on my facial features

But to be honest I wouldn't be able to tell apart Southern Italian and Tunisian, so it's OK

Ranger0075
05-23-2024, 06:10 PM
I should try non-european phenotypes too.... but now it is only available tomorrow for free users

ChatGPT
The individual in the new image appears to best fit the Pontid phenotype in the "South European Types" category on the left image. The Pontid phenotype is characterized by facial features typical of the Balkans and the Black Sea region, which include traits such as hair color, face shape, and bone structure that are similar to those of the individual in the photo.

"Get a second guess"

ChatGPT
As a second guess, the individual in the new image might also fit the North Pontid phenotype in the "Northern/Middle Transitional Types" category. This phenotype shares some characteristics with the Pontid type but is found more commonly in Eastern Europe, blending features of Northern and Pontid types.

"Get a third guess"

ChatGPT
For a third guess, the individual in the new image could also fit the Atlanto-Mediterranid phenotype in the "South European Types" category. This phenotype features a combination of Mediterranean and Western European traits, which might align with the facial characteristics observed in the individual.

"Not considering chart, only countries, guess a country for him"

ChatGPT
Based solely on appearance and without considering the chart, a plausible guess for the individual's country of origin could be Serbia. Serbia is in the Balkans, a region where Pontid and Dinarid phenotypes are common, and the individual's features align with those often seen in this area.

calxpal
05-24-2024, 09:12 AM
ChatGPT did pretty good with my pheno just now, it gave me Northern/Middle transitional types and either North Atlantid or Subnordid.

Also I don't really like phenotypes/classification but this was for fun lol :cool:.....

Second guess: Atlanto-Mediterranid

Third Guess: East Nordid

For facial features it gave me (as countries) first to last

Germany
Netherlands
Denmark
United Kingdom

Live The Magic
05-24-2024, 11:36 AM
You need to use multi-shot prompting. Just asking whether you are type A, B, or C doesn't work. It just hallucinates