PDA

View Full Version : Classify this Welsh choir

Watersater79
05-22-2024, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8PBQHe7yQ0

The camera pans from the left to the right a few times; there are around 25 men here (taking into account the rather obscured folks at the back).

Tooting Carmen
05-22-2024, 11:47 AM
Mainly Atlanto-Brunns.

Watersater79
05-22-2024, 11:51 AM
Mainly Atlanto-Brunns.

Atlanto-Brunn = almost like a Med/Brunn/Borreby intermediate mix?

Tooting Carmen
05-22-2024, 11:54 AM
Atlanto-Brunn = almost like a Med/Brunn/Borreby intermediate mix?

Something like that.

Watersater79
05-22-2024, 12:11 PM
Something like that.

A bit of a pseudo-sciencey term in fairness, but would you consider that to be the average Welsh phenotype?

Tooting Carmen
05-22-2024, 12:12 PM
A bit of a pseudo-sciencey term in fairness, but would you consider that to be the average Welsh phenotype?

Not sure about average, but commonplace yes.

Watersater79
05-22-2024, 02:21 PM
Not sure about average, but commonplace yes.

These all seem extremely representative of the Welsh population?

Tooting Carmen
05-22-2024, 02:27 PM
These all seem extremely representative of the Welsh population?

More-or-less.

Watersater79
05-26-2024, 01:53 PM
More-or-less.

If you combine the two ‘types’, then I would say the great majority of Welsh people have either round/wide oval or square faces. You did joke that half of the country looks like Jonathan Davies (the younger; born 1988). Why should it be a surprise to anyone that Wales witnessed such a strong survival of ‘robust’ (facial) types when one takes into account it’s harsh geography and how that can ‘isolate’ things. The Welsh might well be the shortest of all northern Euros, ofc, but complimenting that I have noticed that Welsh people tend to be generally ‘burly’.

Tooting Carmen
05-26-2024, 02:05 PM
You did joke that half of the country looks like Jonathan Davies (the younger; born 1988).

Sort of, though not usually as good-looking and fit-bodied as him. xD

Watersater79
05-26-2024, 02:45 PM
Didn’t know he was considered much of a ‘looker’. It was more referring to his general ‘robustness’. I notice that Welsh people generally have rather ‘good’ facial harmony, with less ‘wonky’ features than you get amongst the Irish (or English).

CosmoLady
05-28-2024, 06:33 AM

The camera pans from the left to the right a few times; there are around 25 men here (taking into account the rather obscured folks at the back).

They look like a mix of Anglo-Saxon and Atlantid and Keltid; some Brunn and Proto-Atlantid individuals

A good cross-section of British people I think.

Watersater79
05-28-2024, 11:11 AM
They look like a mix of Anglo-Saxon and Atlantid and Keltid; some Brunn and Proto-Atlantid individuals

A good cross-section of British people I think.

Who is 'Anglo-Saxon' here? Who fits that phenotypical description?

Anglo-Celtic
05-30-2024, 01:18 AM
They definitely don't scream "Welsh" to me. They look like a group of nerdy English guys or German guys, and you sometimes see their clones here, especially the ones with the glasses. Maybe they're more Anglo-Saxon than Briton, because they look like many men in the Midwest. They definitely don't look like Silurians to me.

Watersater79
05-30-2024, 01:40 AM
They definitely don't scream "Welsh" to me. They look like a group of nerdy English guys or German guys, and you sometimes see their clones here, especially the ones with the glasses. Maybe they're more Anglo-Saxon than Briton, because they look like many men in the Midwest. They definitely don't look like Silurians to me.

Question is, what does scream "Welsh" to you. There is literally no-one in this crowd with a 'Germanic' phenotype. Even the blonde-haired guy at the front is more of a Borreby than a Hallstatt. All the other guys here have brown hair, whilst the guy with the red hat is the only one who could be described as having an 'oblong' face. Over half of the guys in this crowd could be described as having rather large, robust faces and excluding facial robusticity/metrics I would say half the folk here don't really pass as English (but not many pass outside of the British Isles either, inadvertendly = typical of Wales). Personally, I don't think this could be a better assortment. Were you expecting a higher % of swarthy types or am I not picking up on your sarcasm, Anglo-Celtic?

Creoda
05-30-2024, 06:11 AM
Question is, what does scream "Welsh" to you. There is literally no-one in this crowd with a 'Germanic' phenotype. Even the blonde-haired guy at the front is more of a Borreby than a Hallstatt. All the other guys here have brown hair, whilst the guy with the red hat is the only one who could be described as having an 'oblong' face. Over half of the guys in this crowd could be described as having rather large, robust faces and excluding facial robusticity/metrics I would say half the folk here don't really pass as English (but not many pass outside of the British Isles either, inadvertendly = typical of Wales). Personally, I don't think this could be a better assortment. Were you expecting a higher % of swarthy types or am I not picking up on your sarcasm, Anglo-Celtic?
I believe a lot of people overseas associate strongly Insular Celtic looks with the British as a whole (who are 80% English), while they associate specifically Welsh looks with stereotypical Ioan Gruffudd types.

aherne
05-30-2024, 08:45 AM
They all pass just fine in NW France. There are definitely more ENF elements than Corded Ware.

CM-Med mixes with additional Alpine and KN

CosmoLady
05-30-2024, 09:30 AM

Who is 'Anglo-Saxon' here? Who fits that phenotypical description?

The two young guys at the very back (including the one with glasses) look Anglo-Saxon and Atlantid;
The guy with the sunglasses looks Anglo-Saxon;
The one in front with the red scarf looks partially Anglo-Saxon, you could say he is Borreby,
but he looks like a British type to me;
The one with the red knit hat to the right of the one with the red scarf looks Anglo-Saxon

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9sDolRhnz_YlKcqJsOWUoJhUaPkpk5 iWAnw&s

Watersater79
05-30-2024, 09:47 AM
They all pass just fine in NW France. There are definitely more ENF elements than Corded Ware.

CM-Med mixes with additional Alpine and KN

The Welsh-Breton overlap significantly helps in that regard. They do seem a bit more 'robust' than the French average, though? There isn't a corner of France that significant Alpine admixture has 'nae' touched, but aside from that 'element', actual 'robust' types seem very rare for example.