PDA

View Full Version : Should the Nazi flag have a place in Sweden's Christmas traditions?

microrobert
12-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Should the Nazi flag have a place in Sweden's Christmas traditions?

One of Swedes' most cherished animated Christmas television programmes includes scenes where the Nazi's swastika-emblazoned flag is seen flapping in the wind.

http://www.thelocal.se/38078/20111221/

MichiganLady
01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Well, they're arguing that it's historically accurate.

But then again, why does a Christmas special have to be THAT historically accurate?

The Ripper
01-17-2012, 05:18 PM
And they call this "journalism". :roll eyes:

Karloskar comments:

Only in Sweden would something like this be allowed....it's outrageous. Nazi symbols have NO place at Christmas or any other time of year. They should either stop showing the show or go in and edit out the flag....

LOL.

Beorn
01-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Included among the flags and clearly visible is the flag of Nazi Germany.

OMFG!! Can someone ensure the Swedes all receive some eyewash? How dare they put a flag from reality in a cartoon....for kids! Will nobody think of the children!1111!!!!

Aces High
01-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes they should replace it with the three wise men riding on camels over the negev desert.

They think they are following a star but in fact its a drone circling above and then in swoops an apache attack helicopter to frag them with white phos (all paid for by the US taxpayer i might add)........gun running cunts that they are smuggling arms to Bethlehem.

Joe McCarthy
01-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Perhaps the answer to this question can be found in part in considering Sweden's relationship with Nazi Germany. Among other things Dr. Joseph Goebbels wrote in his diaries that Sweden had no right to exist and that it would be a project of a post-war Europe to incorporate them into the Third Reich.

The swastika stands for oppression, brute force, and mass murder. It has no place in a celebration of the birth of Our Lord.

The Ripper
01-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Perhaps the answer to this question can be found in part in considering Sweden's relationship with Nazi Germany. Among other things Dr. Joseph Goebbels wrote in his diaries that Sweden had no right to exist and that it would be a project of a post-war Europe to incorporate them into the Third Reich.

The swastika stands for oppression, brute force, and mass murder. It has no place in a celebration of the birth of Our Lord.

At least read the article.

Enya
01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Yes they should replace it with the three wise men riding on camels over the negev desert.

We've had enough of "wise men". They came here in numbers way bigger than three, and robbed, raped and killed us.

Aces High
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
The star of david stands for oppression, brute force, and mass murder. It has no place in a celebration of the birth of Our Lord.

Corrected.

Argyll
01-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Well, I have to ask: What do the Nazis have to do with a Jew holiday?

Beorn
01-17-2012, 05:37 PM

What do flags have to do with a "Jew holiday"?
What do cars have to do with a "Jew holiday"?

etc, etc....

Aces High
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM

What does christmas have to do with a pagan midwinter holiday....?

Jesus argyle......you're about as sharp as a fucking marble.

The Ripper
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM

wat

Argyll
01-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Okay, chill out. I'm just not connecting Nazis and christianity together.

Aces High
01-17-2012, 05:42 PM

ooooooooooooooooooh you dizzy queen........get back to practising your high kicks for the prom.

Argyll
01-17-2012, 05:44 PM
ooooooooooooooooooh you dizzy queen........get back to practising your high kicks for the prom.

Your tasteless humour never ceases to disgust me :rolleyes:

Aces High
01-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Your tasteless humour never ceases to disgust me :rolleeyes;

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh get the madam.

Joe McCarthy
01-17-2012, 05:52 PM

There's nothing essentially 'anti-Christmas' about the Nazis. They celebrated it like all Christian cultures. It's just not in good taste. Of course, various nuts (mostly Jews and lefties) go overboard and make predictably absurd comments like 'Only in Sweden' - as if that country is somehow predisposed to be soft on Nazism.

Nor is Christmas a 'Jewish holiday'. It is a Christian holiday, and Jews are among the most ardent opponents of its public celebration.

The bottom line though is this shouldn't be yet another excuse for nationalists to display their Nazi sympathies and crypto-Nazism.

The Ripper
01-17-2012, 05:53 PM

People, read the friggin' article so you understand what this about.

Argyll
01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
What do flags have to do with a "Jew holiday"?
What do cars have to do with a "Jew holiday"?

etc, etc....

Okay, so mabye I shouldn't have called it a 'Jew Holiday' :P
But I don't see what Nazis have to do with Christmas. If I'm correct, a lot of Nazis followed more heathenish ways. That's where I asked what it has to do with Christmas. If anyone (and not some faux-justification information) has anything that is worthwhile debating, then please do so, in a respectful manner ;)

Mercury
01-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Hitler seemed to have been a monotheist who was interested in Catholicism for cultural reasons. I think he respected the Vatican as an organization rather than a literal church of God, which is why he remained Catholic. No, Nazis weren't pagan. They sent pagans to concentration camps early on.

And I have to agree that Christmas is certainly not a Christian holiday. Unless I can find evidence in the Bible that Jesus wanted his birth to be celebrated, then I cannot say otherwise. It's just another pagan holiday that was christianized. Making it a Christiano-Pagan holiday I guess.

Hess
01-17-2012, 06:20 PM
And they call this "journalism". :roll eyes:

Karloskar comments:

LOL.

:confused:

Karloskar is just the name of a user that commented on the article. I found the actual article itself to be pretty objective.

Joe McCarthy
01-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Hitler seemed to have been a monotheist who was interested in Catholicism for cultural reasons. I think he respected the Vatican as an organization rather than a literal church of God, which is why he remained Catholic. No, Nazis weren't pagan. They sent pagans to concentration camps early on.

And I have to agree that Christmas is certainly not a Christian holiday. Unless I can find evidence in the Bible that Jesus wanted his birth to be celebrated, then I cannot say otherwise. It's just another pagan holiday that was christianized. Making it a Christiano-Pagan holiday I guess.

Hitler attended Catholic worship services and declared in the 40s that he'd be a Christian until the day he died. He was never excommunicated. He died a Roman Catholic in good standing.

I'm unsure why Christmas is not Christian though? There are a lot of things not mentioned in the Bible that we nevertheless associate with Christianity. Christmas is certainly one of the main ones.

Argyll
01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Hitler attended Catholic worship services and declared in the 40s that he'd be a Christian until the day he died. He was never excommunicated. He died a Roman Catholic in good standing.

I'm unsure why Christmas is not Christian though? There are a lot of things not mentioned in the Bible that we nevertheless associate with Christianity. Christmas is certainly one of the main ones.

I think the most thing people are referencing wheather if christmas is christian or not are the various heathen/pagan traditions associated to it. So much so, that the only christian semblence in it seems to be that it is supposed to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ-and that seems to be where the christianness ends.

Joe McCarthy
01-17-2012, 08:21 PM
I think the most thing people are referencing wheather if christmas is christian or not are the various heathen/pagan traditions associated to it. So much so, that the only christian semblence in it seems to be that it is supposed to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ-and that seems to be where the christianness ends.

There's no doubt that Christmas has a strong pagan element. Roman Catholicism tried to destroy paganism and absorbed what it couldn't to encourage conversion. The English Reformation tried to address this under the Puritans as they attacked Christmas as pagan.

Nevertheless, Christmas, even with its pagan influences, is Christmas, not the Winter Solstice. One might as well claim Islam is Judaism or Christianity (or maybe more specifically Arianism).

Vasa
01-17-2012, 08:26 PM
There's no doubt that Christmas has a strong pagan element. Roman Catholicism tried to destroy paganism and absorbed what it couldn't to encourage conversion. The English Reformation tried to address this under the Puritans as they attacked Christmas as pagan.

Nevertheless, Christmas, even with its pagan influences, is Christmas, not the Winter Solstice. One might as well claim Islam is Judaism or Christianity (or maybe more specifically Arianism).

Well, in Sweden we dont celebrate Christmas (kristmäss in Swedish), We celebrate Yule (jul). The only thing, that makes "christmas" (yule) christian, is that most people belive its about celebrating birth of Jesus. There is no other element that makes jul christian.

Aces High
01-17-2012, 08:27 PM
I think the most thing people are referencing wheather if christmas is christian or not are the various heathen/pagan traditions associated to it.

You have got it all wrong toots and should do some homework.

Its the christians who associated themselves with the winter solstice and easter etc.......and its why they built their churches on pagan worshiping sites.
Those johnny come lately jesus freaks tacked themsleves on to our ancient traditions and not the other way round...............you know why people kiss under the missletoe ?....well look it up.

Argyll
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM

I never really said it wasn't a christian holiday, just that it had a good number of heathen traditions intertwined with it.

Osweo
01-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Hang on, why is it that there are flags on the car? Is there a video anywhere? Is it a good cartoon, or is it shite? :D

Vasa
01-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Hang on, why is it that there are flags on the car? Is there a video anywhere? Is it a good cartoon, or is it shite? :D

Its a good cartoon with healthier values than any other modern cartoon. Its a tradition for 36 years now to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atB_qGr8ldA

heathen_son
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
No Vasa! You'll scar their retina!