PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Old Republic

Morrigan
12-26-2011, 05:01 AM
So... Uh... Does anyone play? And if so, what server and faction?

I'm going to start playing this one once I get back from my vacation next month.

SaxonCeorl
12-26-2011, 05:07 AM
0Kz7YUdy-Cg

Edmond_Dantes
12-26-2011, 06:08 AM
I'm also likely going to get it. It had just damn well better not repeat the atrocity that was Galaxies.

Humanophage
12-26-2011, 06:55 AM
I am in the process of downloading it, my wife is a big fan of Star Wars and I liked SW:KOTOR. Will be playing an Operative on Shatlin Tunnels (EU).

Hess
12-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I have both a Rep and Emp character on the wall of light pve server. There, now i've exposed my nerdiness to the whole forum :coffee:

Barreldriver
12-26-2011, 04:04 PM
I have not played the game yet but the lil Star Wars geek in me was drooling at the previews. Maybe one of these days when I can justify the expenditure I'll play it. :p

Scrapple
12-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Tempting but I don't know I am kind of burned out on the whole MMO thing. From reading other forums it is getting a positive response so if you like Star Wars it seems like worth getting.

Arrow Cross
12-28-2011, 07:40 PM
So much potential, so wasted.

What works for a single player RPG doesn't work for a (heavily rushed) MMO.

Pallantides
12-29-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm also likely going to get it. It had just damn well better not repeat the atrocity that was Galaxies.

Galaxies was pretty good before the CU and NGE updates, which pretty much destroyed the game.

TheBorrebyViking
12-29-2011, 03:18 PM
It's really fun, but I must have misspelled my security question, so I have to have my photo ID(Lucky I am Military dependent, if not I'd be SOL, I don't drive so I got no other ID) scanned and emailed to the help line to get my account back in so I can log on and pay my bill for it.

Arrow Cross
01-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Hahaha, Serbia-Bioworms : 1-0.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x112/Sinnadrin/priceless.png

This truly is the failest mega-company ever to walk the Earth.

o08e_xlXAVc

Y4-X0WUNN_g

Pallantides
01-26-2012, 08:28 AM
o9C9OKMyZng

Humanophage
01-26-2012, 03:53 PM
The game seems decent so far, playing the aforementioned Operative at Shaltin Tunnels (Huma'hu'moll) and a Gunslinger at Lord Calypho (Humbyt'torr). Certainly not worse than Mass Effect, and it compares decently to the endless inferior variations on Everquest that are 90% of MMOs. The plot elements are typical of post-NWN Bioware; though the amount of side-quests is impressive and reminds one of the sweet days of Baldur's Gate 1, with its unprecedented freedom for a Bioware game. Shame that the good ones are often hidden in a pile of "kill X monsters" or "go to X location", and quests with challenging combat overwhelmingly lack good plot. It is an uninventive game, as it is to be expected from something so expensive - but was anyone expecting a new Ultima Online?