PDA

View Full Version : Classify Vlade Divac

Hess
01-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Serbian Baksetball player

Some of you may have seen his face before but I think he has an interesting phenotype.

http://i.imgur.com/XAa4tPa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ELiQr1H.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T9Tj440.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oXdrrTD.jpg

leisitox
01-02-2012, 03:01 PM
dinaric+CM, rather unharmonious individual.

Gunslinger
01-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Armenoid

Hess
01-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I think he's Dinarid/CM, myself

GeistFaust
01-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I think he looks odd, because he looks rather like a Balkan and Gypsy mix. As for classification I will say Dinarid predominantly with some Indid influences and some weaker Cro-Magnon influences. I think though he definitely shows apparent Gypsy admixture, although I am not sure if I have anything to prove this.

Hess
01-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I think he looks odd, because he looks rather like a Balkan and Gypsy mix. As for classification I will say Dinarid predominantly with some Indid influences and some weaker Cro-Magnon influences. I think though he definitely shows apparent Gypsy admixture, although I am not sure if I have anything to prove this.

I checked his biography and I couldn't find anything that point to Gypsy ancestry.

However, I did find out that he adopted a Serbian daughter who's parents were killed by the Kosovo Liberation Army- seems like rather odd behaviour for a gypsy.

GeistFaust
01-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I checked his biography and I couldn't find anything that point to Gypsy ancestry.

However, I did find out that he adopted a Serbian daughter who's parents were killed by the Kosovo Liberation Army- seems like rather odd behaviour for a gypsy.

Well he would definitely be mixed. A lot of these Balkan Gypsies are 1/4rd Gypsy or 3/8th. He looks more Serbian, but I just noted he could potentially have some Gypsy.

Kacca
01-02-2012, 09:06 PM
the face is turkish because he's probably of Turkish descent or he's gypsy, while the height is dinaric.

Hess
01-02-2012, 09:18 PM
92% of his hometown Prijepolje is is made up of ethnic Serbs and Bosniaks,, though I suppose anything is possible. I certainly wouldn't rule out distant Gypsy ancestry even though there is no evidence to support it.

Dilberth
04-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Dinarization gone wrong?

Mordid
04-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Look like you, Hess.

Midori
04-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Now that's what I call a wog :coffee:

Dilberth
04-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Maybe similar case to this Bosniak player,Edin Bacvic:

http://img2.blogcu.com/images/b/a/s/basketballlover/edin_bavcic.jpg

Dinarization gone wrong

Supreme American
04-03-2012, 09:47 PM
What's with the thick lips of these guys?

Padre Organtino
04-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Maybe similar case to this Bosniak player,Edin Bacvic:

http://img2.blogcu.com/images/b/a/s/basketballlover/edin_bavcic.jpg

Dinarization gone wrong

Lol, this guy looks Georgian (even a little bit woggier than the average).

Insuperable
04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
I wrote this on an another thread and I will repeat it

Once in an interview they asked him for who did he vote on elections and he said that he voted for Roma people and that how he is happy to finally see them in the parlament

Although indirect for me that is an comfirmation of his gypsy side.

Dilberth
04-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Lol, this guy looks Georgian (even a little bit woggier than the average).

Here is proper profile picture:

http://www.newbasketbrindisi.it/nbb/portale/images/826.jpg

jerney
04-03-2012, 10:06 PM
I wrote this on an another thread and I will repeat it

Once in an interview they asked him for who did he vote on elections and he said that he voted for Roma people and that how he is happy to finally see them in the parlament

Although indirect for me that is an comfirmation of his gypsy side.

Do you have proof of that somewhere?

Anyway, I don't know about his classification, I just wanted to mention that I've met him in person and he's one huge mofo. I don't think he looks gypsy or exotic, he's just a swarthy Balkanian :shrug:

Padre Organtino
04-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Here is proper profile picture:

http://www.newbasketbrindisi.it/nbb/portale/images/826.jpg

Yep, no one would suppose he is a foreigner there.

Insuperable
04-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Do you have proof of that somewhere?

Anyway, I don't know about his classification, I just wanted to mention that I've met him in person and he's one huge mofo. I don't think he looks gypsy or exotic, he's just a swarthy Balkanian :shrug:

I searched the Internet to find is he Part gypsey or not and this is where it took me to an answer

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t593273-27/

There is an interview somewhere I am unable to find it.
His children however look very light both in skin and hair color. I think his wife is full Serbian

jerney
04-03-2012, 10:28 PM
I searched the Internet to find is he Part gypsey or not and this is where it took me to an answer

His children however look very light both in skin and hair color. I think his wife is full Serbian

Stormfront isn't the most reliable source ;)

Insuperable
04-03-2012, 10:35 PM

You dont say LOL

But if people say that he said it than maybe he said it

Rastko
04-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Vlade parents look like average Serbs.
Look it up in "Once brothers" documentary.

Midori
04-03-2012, 11:28 PM

Was that documentary about basketball in Yugoslavia? Cause I watched it a few days ago and noticed the same thing.. Maybe his Gypsy ancestry is more distant

Insuperable
04-04-2012, 12:18 AM

And his children also look like an average Serbs
A good percentage of very tall people have a strange look and a certain deformity. I am wondering if this has anything to do with it.
Anyway I found that interview and he said 'I voted for Romas and I am happy that WE won two seats in the parlament'
Now was he joking or not nobody knows

Hess
04-10-2012, 01:21 PM

That's very true, they make things up out of thin air all the time.

A good percentage of very tall people have a strange look and a certain deformity.

I've been noticing that as well. I wouldn't be surprised if his "exotic" looks are a product of his height rather than foreign admixture, but there is obviously no way be sure.

Mordid
04-10-2012, 01:22 PM
He look like you, Hess. Long lost brother?

Hess
04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
He look like you, Hess. Long lost brother?

No, this is my only brother and he looks more Slavic than me

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j6/cillacam/me%20and%20some%20other%20random%20crap/ed36.jpg

Queen B
04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I might be very wrong, but has a ''Jan Reno'' vibe.

Europa
04-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Dinarid/Armenoid.He does not look like an average Serb at all.:coffee:

Dilberth
04-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Dinarid/Armenoid.He does not look like an average Serb at all.:coffee:

His look is present in North Montenegro.But yeah,he is exotic for other places.

Corvus
04-10-2012, 02:58 PM
I have seen the documentary "Once Brothers" and it`s strange.
His parents are much lighter than him. But it`s the same with my parents :)

MandM
04-10-2012, 03:01 PM
maby he is adopted and his parents never told him :p

Rastko
04-10-2012, 03:10 PM
@Hess: Why does he have white people photos behind him?

Hess
04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
@Hess: Why does he have white people photos behind him?

:confused:

Rastko
04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Your bro.

Insuperable
04-10-2012, 06:35 PM

I got some messages asking who am I on Stormfront
I do not like that sites so you know
never had an account there

ChocolateFace
04-10-2012, 07:20 PM
indid

Hess
07-06-2012, 05:24 PM
any other opinions?

Gospodine
07-06-2012, 05:30 PM
I discount the theory of gypsy admixture principally based on his parents, who are ghoulishly white and thoroughly Serb looking.

Look at Divac when he was younger:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/g1suqYf6GzA/0.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/9syrsn.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwkEv0tAerw

Looks like a textbook Dinaricized Med. I see some resemblance with Sylvester Stallone.

poiuytrewq0987
07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
a wogid but a good looking one at that

Gospodine
07-06-2012, 05:39 PM
I think it's just his height that makes him seem slightly deformed.

A lot of very tall individuals look this way.

Cristiano viejo
07-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Divac look gypsy, very typical in Balkans.

Saruman
07-06-2012, 05:49 PM

7 foot tall gypsies? They don't exist.

Dinarid, Armenoid tendencies, and possibly Mediterranid.

Sultan Suleiman
07-06-2012, 06:04 PM
7 foot tall gypsies? They don't exist.

Dinarid, Armenoid tendencies, and possibly Mediterranid.

Leave the spic to his own world mate. :coffee:

rashka
07-06-2012, 06:05 PM

:wavey001:

oNgSeJzLJFc

aherne
07-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Balkan with Gypsy mix. Looks very unusual.

safinator
07-06-2012, 08:25 PM
If Aherne says gypsy then it must be true.

Cristiano viejo
07-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Balkan with Gypsy mix. Looks very unusual.

Unusual? humm :rolleyes:

Insuperable
07-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Iberians are becoming boring.

Cristiano viejo
07-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Iberians are becoming boring.

Is not my problem this.
btw croats are the only ones true slavs for me

Hess
07-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Is not my problem this.

Why?

There is no "true" Slav, there are just Slavs. No Slavic country is more or less Slavic than another.

BTW, I love how Dilberth and Solin thanked your post :D

aherne
07-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Unusual? humm :rolleyes:

:thumb001: Unusual for a pure Serbian, I meant:)

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Is not my problem this.

Rofl, despite the fact their ethnonym, Hrvati, is actually Iranic in origin?
Doesn't get more Slavic than that.

My god just shut the fuck up already.

The term "Slavic" is meaningless on anything but a linguistic level.

kvarc
07-07-2012, 02:26 PM

it is also possibly that it`s from a root "hrb"grb" which means a hill, thus a Croat would mean a "highlander" :)

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 02:30 PM
it is also possibly that it`s from a root "hrb"grb" which means a hill, thus a Croat would mean a "highlander" :)

They started calling themselves Croats back when they were still beyond the Carpathians and West of Ukraine (which is mostly steppe lands):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Croatia

It is most likely Iranic in origin (that doesn't of course imply Croats are Iranian in any way), derived from a Sarmatian/Alanic tribe that dwelled in the Black Sea/Caucasus region, who would have spoken a North-Eastern Iranian language.
These people later became the Ossetians.

A similar theory is possible for Serbs as well (the Serboi were also a Sarmatian tribe).

Insuperable
07-07-2012, 02:46 PM

They started calling themselves Croats back when they were still beyond the Carpathians and West of Ukraine (which is mostly steppe lands):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Croatia

It is most likely Iranic in origin (that doesn't of course imply Croats are Iranian in any way), derived from a Sarmatian/Alanic tribe that dwelled in the Black Sea/Caucasus region, who would have spoken a North-Eastern Iranian language.
These people later became the Ossetians.

A similar theory is possible for Serbs as well (the Serboi were also a Sarmatian tribe).

How can you say most possibly when that theory is plausible only to a handfull of researchers and how can you say that name Hrvati is of Iranian origin when there are others possible origins of that ethnonym?

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 02:49 PM
How can you say most possibly when that theory is plausible only to a handfull of researchers and how can you say that name Hrvati is of Iranian origin when there are others origin o that name?

In my opinion, none of them are as likely.

Where the White Croats dwelled before crossing the Carpathians, there were numerous Iranic tribes.

There are records of tribes with similar names living around Azov and the Black sea region that were described as being Sarmatian/Iranic.

Insuperable
07-07-2012, 02:51 PM
In my opinion, none of them are as likely.

Where the White Croats dwelled before crossing the Carpathians, there were numerous Iranic tribes.

There are records of tribes with similar names living around Azov and the Black sea region that were described as being Sarmatian/Iranic.

Well who cares about your opinion

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Well who cares about your opinion

Oh no... butthurt Croat upset because someone challenged his Aryan-ness.

Cry some more please.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m58f4iYmAn1qkohgn.gif

kvarc
07-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Croat means either "Highlander" or it`s of Sarmatian origin...

kvarc
07-07-2012, 02:54 PM
there name means "the land of Aryans" :D
Cry some more please. who is more Aryan then Iranians :D there name means "the land of Aryans" :D

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 02:55 PM
who is more Aryan then Iranians :D there name means "the land of Aryans" :D

That's not good enough for these Balkan Nordicists.

It's either German/Viking ancestry or nothing.

Insuperable
07-07-2012, 02:56 PM

Cry some more please.

Well you got me wrong. I do not care what are its origins. I know who are Croats today and I know that they have zero relation with modern Iranians.
I am just saying that there are other possible origins of the name Hrvati which are more plausible. Again in either case who cares

Chego
07-07-2012, 02:56 PM
lol at tags

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Well you got me wrong. I do not care what are its origins. I know who are Croats today and I know that they have zero relation with modern Iranians.
I am just saying that there are other possible origins of the name Hrvati which are more plausible. Again in either case who cares

Okay then are why are you getting upset?

I didn't say it's set in stone that Hrvati is of Iranic origin. I said it's probably the most likely origin but as always... inconclusive when it comes to Balkan ethnogenesis.

Grizzly
07-07-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't think he looks very gyspy to me. Looks like he comes from the balkans to me :confused:

Sultan Suleiman
Guys we have better things to do, like watching and liking a short movie :)

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54191

Insuperable

I didn't say it's set in stone that Hrvati is of Iranic origin. I said it's probably the most likely origin but as always... inconclusive when it comes to Balkan ethnogenesis.

Well I did not get upset. Its something you created in your mind.
I simply do not like the words like "most possibly" and writing in a manner like something is so true when on the other hand it is plausible only to minor njmber of researches.

kvarc
07-07-2012, 03:04 PM

there is a possibility it`s an Iranian name, mostly because names of the first Croat rules that were written down, are not Slavic, but then again the name "Hrvat" has a possible Slavic origin, as i already explained, so it`s a hard bargain between the two options

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Well I did not get upset. Its something you created in your mind.
and writing in a manner like something is so true when on the other hand it is plausible only to minor njmber of researches.

Nobody has seriously given it that much research to begin with.

These are the most plausible theories.

I simply do not like the words like "most possibly"

Lol.

Because you're a Nordicist.

Insuperable
07-07-2012, 03:10 PM
there is a possibility it`s an Iranian name, mostly because names of the first Croat rules that were written down, are not Slavic, but then again the name "Hrvat" has a possible Slavic origin, as i already explained, so it`s a hard bargain between the two options

Which rulers? Like ViseSLAV and TomiSLAV, DrziSLAV,
Vojnomir called the Slav...:rolleyes:

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 03:12 PM

Given that there exists a similar, much more conclusive history for the ethnogenesis of the original Bulgars, who were steppe nomads from beyond the Black Sea region and given that the Croats possess some other vestigial remains of an Iranic culture like the Sahovica, the title "Ban", their early forms of dress, certain ancient artworks, designating cardinal directions with colours; it seems pretty likely that at some point there was an interaction with an Iranic tribe which passed their name onto them.

They have no Iranic influence otherwise, and there are dozens of other examples of ethnic groups taking names from brief, passing contacts in history. Hungarians and Bulgarians are two of the most prominent.

Insuperable
07-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Nobody has seriously given it that much research to begin with.

These are the most plausible theories.

If they are plausible than more researchers would accept them to be true

Because you're a Nordicist.

If I am a Nordicist I would love to know that the origins of Croats is an Aryan land with the name estimated to be 5500 years old coming from a Iranian tribe
which broke into India at that time. If we are going to consider that true than we Croats are Slavs indeed since Slavs=Aryans who came from India and the surrounding areas according to some researchers:laugh:

kvarc
07-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Which rulers? Like ViseSLAV and TomiSLAV, DrziSLAV,
Vojnomir called the Slav...:rolleyes:

Porfirogenet wrote: „Hrvati stanovahu s one strane Bagibarije, gde su sada Belohrvati. A jedna porodica odelivši se od njih, naime petoro braće: Klukas, Lovelos, Kosences, Muhlo, Hrvotas i dve sestre Tuga i Vuga,s svojim narodom stignu u Dalmaciju i ovu zemlju zatekoše pod vlašću Avara. Pošto su nekoliko godina međusobno ratovali, Hrvati odnesu pobedu i jedne od Avara pobiju, a preostale prinude na pokornost. Otada ovu zemlju drže Hrvati, a u hrvatskoj još uvek ima avarskih potomaka i po njima se vidi da su Avari“ not a very Slavic names :D

Insuperable
07-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Porfirogenet wrote: „Hrvati stanovahu s one strane Bagibarije, gde su sada Belohrvati. A jedna porodica odelivši se od njih, naime petoro braće: Klukas, Lovelos, Kosences, Muhlo, Hrvotas i dve sestre Tuga i Vuga,s svojim narodom stignu u Dalmaciju i ovu zemlju zatekoše pod vlašću Avara. Pošto su nekoliko godina međusobno ratovali, Hrvati odnesu pobedu i jedne od Avara pobiju, a preostale prinude na pokornost. Otada ovu zemlju drže Hrvati, a u hrvatskoj još uvek ima avarskih potomaka i po njima se vidi da su Avari“ not a very Slavic names :D

Tuga i Buga je legenda, a to sto je taj klipan napisao je nevazno jer nema avarskoga nasljedstva ovamo osim na dva otoka prema kojima 2000 ljudi ima tu haplogrupu P. Nevazno za spominjati

Gospodine
07-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Tuga i Buga je legenda, a to sto je taj klipan napisao je nevazno jer nema avarskoga nasljedstva ovamo osim na dva otoka prema kojima 2000 ljudi ima tu haplogrupu P. Nevazno za spominjati

Ja mislim to je haplogrup Q?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Haplogroup_Q_%28Y-DNA%29.PNG
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2004-12/1102626607

kvarc
07-07-2012, 05:20 PM

I was not talking about Avar blood in Croats, I was talking about possible iranian origin, based on earliest recorded names of Croat nobility, which don`t appear to be Slavic

Insuperable
07-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I was not talking about Avar blood in Croats, I was talking about possible iranian origin, based on earliest recorded names of Croat nobility, which don`t appear to be Slavic

I know damn well what you were talking about ( ali si ti to sada morao napisati da svi vidr o cemu se radi) and everytine somebody puts that quote I simply have to say something
Which names? I gave you the names of the earliest rulers and nobility

Cristiano viejo
07-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Why?

There is no "true" Slav, there are just Slavs. No Slavic country is more or less Slavic than another.

Why? cause croatians are the only ones slaves without too much non-European blood in their veins:thumbs up

kvarc
07-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Which names? I gave you the names of the earliest rulers and nobility grrrrr this are the first names of Croats that settled Dalmatia, according to Porfirogenet. Sta se zivciras, postoji mogucnost da je srpsko i hrvatsko ime sarmatskog porekla, imas to i kod Sulimirskog, najveceg strucnjaka za Sarmate.

Toretto
10-22-2012, 08:39 AM
gypsy...

King Claus
10-22-2012, 06:47 PM
dinaro east med

Archduke
10-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Enemy of Sorabia!!!!

RoadWarrior
11-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Dinaro-Med/Armenoid.2 meter gypsies don't exist.
Btw he could be Gospodine's brother.

Lemon Kush
01-29-2013, 10:55 PM
Armenoid.

Gospodine
02-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Dinaro-Med/Armenoid.2 meter gypsies don't exist.
Btw he could be Gospodine's brother.

LOL. He looked like Sylvester Stallone when he was younger. Who is textbook Dinaro-Med.

I'm not Dinaro-Med.

Lemon Kush
02-03-2013, 05:21 PM
LOL. He looked like Sylvester Stallone when he was younger. Who is textbook Dinaro-Med.

I'm not Dinaro-Med.

He's a darker pigmented Dinarid with a more prominent nose that is wider at the nostrils which is Armenoid type.

Kalitas
02-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Dinarid/Cromagnid

Amun
04-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Dinarid/Indid. He definitely has gypsy blood in him.

Moonbird
05-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Dinaro-Med with some CM.

Klara
05-29-2013, 10:47 AM
looks like Garbajosa

Doemeapoa
05-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Balkanoid, an original one (Pre-slav) maybe with some Turkish or Armenoid, but i disagree with gypsy stuff... great basketball player.

ChocolateFace
07-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Dinaric/Indid/CM

This look seems common in Serbia

He could very well represent the original Iranian Sarban(Serb) racial type with Balkan admixture

This look can also result from gypsy admixture I believe, since Gypsy's have said to have had a racial impact on the general Serb population.

Or maybe from Turkish admixture.

Maximum Speed
07-02-2013, 08:52 AM
middle-eastern look

Ianus
08-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Dinarid+Armenoid

Mark
10-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Dinaro-Med + minor Turanid.

Kalimtari
03-27-2014, 10:33 AM
oops, edit: his father seems to have been (at least part) Romani, mother seems to be a normal Balkanite:

http://www.alo.rs/resources/img/09-01-2014/intext_big/946676-prijepolje-01-iz-porodicnog-albuma-milenko-i-radmila-divac.JPG

Prism
05-17-2015, 12:01 PM
East Med.
Nothing Dinaric about him, except the height.

katniss
05-17-2015, 12:33 PM
He looks like Albanian.

Prism
05-17-2015, 02:58 PM
He looks like Albanian.

No he doesn't he looks gypsy, you're stupid.

iNird
06-01-2015, 04:47 AM
IMO he looks like a Serbian dinarid that has been wogified over time. There could be some foreign admixture like Roma but it would be very minor.

The Blade
12-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Taurid (kinda Armenoid inspired) + East Med. Nothing Dinaric or Pontic about Divac.

Odin
06-25-2017, 09:05 PM
East Med + Armenoid.

Ziveth
06-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Mediterranid-armenoid.

Wilhelm O.
06-25-2017, 10:42 PM
Mediterranid-armenoid.

Off-topic, but damn! 65 posts per day? You registered 3 days ago and already posted 155 times.

Ziveth
06-26-2017, 12:01 AM
Off-topic, but damn! 65 posts per day? You registered 3 days ago and already posted 155 times.

Lol :D yes, i like this forum! :)

Nayalar
12-18-2018, 01:46 PM
Armenoid.

renaissance12
12-18-2018, 02:35 PM
Serb-arabic mix

Dick
12-22-2018, 03:59 AM
Serb-arabic mix

More like Serb-Albanian mix

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?26731-Classify-Serbian-basketball-star-Vlade-Divac&p=5568928&viewfull=1#post5568928

Ayetooey
12-22-2018, 04:12 AM
R1B, considering his Sandzakian heritage, he is likely Malesor Albanian by origin. Looks ancient Illyrian.

Benim
05-10-2020, 10:34 AM
Reminded me of ljubomir ljubojevic, who was classified dinaric/armenoid taurid as well.

So, I classify him as pred armenoid.