PDA

View Full Version : All about working-out and keeping oneself fit.

morski
01-13-2012, 12:56 AM
This is a thread for all TA members who engage in body altering activities in order to improve their physique.

Discuss diets, methods, post exemplary pics:D.

Nairi
01-13-2012, 01:03 AM
post exemplary pics:D.

Why don't you go first? I wonder how many reps (aside from mine) you got for your belly pic? :D :thumb001:

morski
01-13-2012, 01:06 AM
I will! I need some one or two weeks to get rid of the festivities belly:D

Vasa
01-13-2012, 01:46 AM
I startoff with my current weekly schedule:

Monday:
#1 Strength (60 min)
#2 MMA (120 min)

Tuesday:
#1 Endurance (90 min)

Wednesday:
#1 MMA (90 min)
#2 Cardio (45 min)

Thursday:
Rest >> Maybe sparring, swimming or powerwalk with wieghts<<

Friday:
#1 Strength (60 min)
#2 Cardio (45 min)

Saturday:
#1 MMA (180 min)

Sunday:
Rest no matter what.

The MMA have period schedule for every 3 weeks:
Like first 3 week period technique is prioritised, next 3 weeks its stamina and endurance, last 3 weeks period are mainly strength. Then it restart at first period. I adjust my other workouts to the MMA schedule.

EDIT*
I should also state my goal is a bad-ass stamina, endurance, speed and strength with great fighting skills. A body fitted for fight.

morski
01-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Would you elaborate on each section of your schedule. What kind of exercises do you perform, repetitions, etc., please?

Grumpy Cat
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Monday: TRX
Tuesday: Strength and endurance training, boxing
Wednesday: TRX
Thursday: Strength and endurance training, boxing
Friday: TRX

Saturday: Yoga

Sunday: Usually go snowboarding in the winter

morski
01-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Ok, my turn.

I don't have a fixed schedule. The frequency of my work-outs depends on how quickly I recuperate(hangovers included:D).

My basic work-out consists of:

2 series(ten reps each) of standard dead-hang pull-ups using the pronated grip.
2 series(ten reps again) of behind-the-neck pull-up, same grip.
2 series of pull-ups with supinated and somewhat narrower grip.
4 series of pull-ups on the parallel bars with a pendulum swing and going up and down at each end of the amplitude, which doubles the reps.
2 series of standard pull-ups on the parallel bars.

When the weather allows it I play basketball and swim every day when in Burgas during the Summer.

TheBorrebyViking
01-13-2012, 02:02 PM
I follow this:
http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harshs_Worksheet_(WIP)

It works for me.

morski
01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
I suck at taking pictures.:D

Absinthe
01-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Here's some very general descriptions of how I manage to keep fit, albeit having a crazy and unpredictable work schedule (adopt, adapt and improve ;) :)

- Avoid eating out or ordering meals from restaurants.

Even if it means I must spend some time to prepare my meals, and carry loads of tupperware at work, it is quite worth the effort, physically and financially, of course :)

- Eating breakfast and then small meals every 3-4 hours for the rest of the day instead of eating one big meal at night like I used to. :)

- Walking willy-nilly about 5km every day to the bus stop to and from work.

- Rented a locker at the gym so I can have my gym clothes permanently stashed there.

This was actually, a life saver. Before, I used to carry my gym bag back and forth, frequently I lost the opportunity to exercise because I was outside already and didn't have the gym clothes with me. Now I can go to work or elsewhere and know my things are waiting for me at the gym anytime I wish to go, even if not previously scheduled.

- Going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week, even for a quickie. :p

When I don't have the time or energy to complete a full cycle, I prefer to still go at the gym and do a little exercise, than not at all.
Even if just cardio for 20 minutes, or just a few weight lifting exercises.

- Trying to eat as healthy and nutritious as possible, keeping up a good nutrition without necessarily having to count calories.

Fresh salads, canned tuna fish, chicken filet, whole wheat bread sandwich with low fat cheese and turkey slices, goat cheese, yogurt with muesli or whole-grain corn flakes, salmon filet, etc...
I eat chocolate as well, preferably dark chocolate in moderate amounts.

- Getting a substitute for table salt that contains 1/3 of salt than the regular ones and yet it tastes the same. :)

- Avoid alcohol consumption and limit it only to special occasions.

- Stretching (as much and as often as possible)

- Sleeping early and if possible getting a full 8-hour sleep.

Last, but not least:

Taking it easy, acting casual about it, not obsessing about calorie intake or calorie burn during exercise.

Learning to "listen" to my body's needs: if I am too tired, getting some rest is more essential to working out. :)

Aces High
01-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week, even for a quickie.

:eek:

The Journeyman
01-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Sex is good for abs. arms too, but that depends on the position. Also legs if you're into weird stuff.

Absinthe
01-20-2012, 08:17 PM
:eek:
A quickie work-out, I thought it was obvious :p

Aces High
01-20-2012, 08:23 PM
A quickie work-out, I thought it was obvious :p

You should have said.......thats one gym i would join.

morski
01-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Sex is good for abs. arms too, but that depends on the position. Also legs if you're into weird stuff.

Sex and fitness are two values that supplement each other:D.

morski
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
My working-out gloves.:)

Susi
01-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Monday - run (3-5k), yoga 1 hr, muay thai training 1 hr (pads practice)

Tuesday - run (3-5k), boxing 1 hr, possible second run later at night (3-5k)

Wednesday - run (5-8k), weights & bodyweight (1 hr)

Thursday - run (3-5k), muay thai 2hrs

Friday - run (3-5k), weights (1 hr)

Saturday - run (10k+), rest

Sunday - run (3-5k), conditioning (1 1/2 hr), dance rehearsals (2 hr)

The Journeyman
01-25-2012, 02:59 AM
Hmm I'd be curious to see the result of all that work. ^

I don't workout more than 90 mins a week. :p

Mordid
01-25-2012, 03:03 AM

You should bro because watching you doing workout is kind of turning me on, david guetta.

Susi
01-25-2012, 04:27 AM

I'm not happy with it still. I guess I sort of look like (as a friend commented) like a woman of a Renaissance painting? Also I promised to go into more detail for someone or other:

Monday:

Run 3-5k, usually my usual route (~4km) and ambitiously in the morning. If I miss the morning, then I do it late at night after everything else. I run pretty briskly.

1hr Yoga --> Slow and steady kind of yoga, not the fast crazy strength kind

1 hr~~ Muay thai with pads --> practice for Thursdays, usually the following combinations:

10 x 2 punches (jab-cross)
4 x 4 (jab-cross)
2 x 10 (jab-cross)
10 x 2 (jab-cross)
4 x 4 (jab-cross)
2 x 10 (jab-cross)
1 x 20 (jab-cross)
20 x single rear roundhouse
20 x switch roundhouse
30 seconds fast rear roundhouse (i.e. leg up and down, kind of like can-can?)
30 seconds rear roundhouse without touching the ground
repeat previous 2 for other leg (change stance)

then just some basic conditioning type stuff. depending on my mood i do it before
40 x jump squats
40 x jumping lunges
20 x sprawls (because fuck sprawls)
and then maybe 2-5 minutes of sideways motion in stance (heels not touching the ground, obvs). All of the prior exercises are done with arms up and gloves on. :)

Sometimes Muay Thai runs a bit longer than an hour. Finish up with 5 minutes of abs (30 x leg raises, 50 x crunch with stomachpunch, bicycles, etc.) then stretch out.

Tuesday
The same as monday's run. Boxing is interval-based kind of training with rounds. Between rounds, skipping or plankups of various leg directions. Also include grappling practice with exercise ball. Second run depends on how tired I am :)

Wednesday

Usually I'll run uphill and kill myself because I don't do much on Wednesdays. This is in the morning (ambitious!). Weights/bodyweights is a variation on the conditioning stuff I talked about earlier with the addition of small weights (~2-3kgs). Maybe add in some pushups and other painful arm related exercises. Gotta get those arms more muscley :D

Thursday is fuck my life Thursdays

Morning run as per usual.

Muay Thai is take the Monday's exercise, make the conditioning 1 hour + and more insane because an angry man is yelling at you and making you do wayyy more than you thought you could. In terms of the amounts of the exercise (also add knee ups and double those up and skipping and all manner of painful fuck you exercises) it's basically determined by amount of people in the class. If it's 20 people, it's 10 counts each person. If it's 40, the same. If it's 10, he will probably count to ~150 each

I go home and die.

Friday

Friday's run is either really slow because my entire body is dying from Thursday or I hate myself and do sprint-intervals. I.e.

I will run ~20-30 minutes. breakdown of speed: 2 minutes jog, 2 minutes run, 2 minutes sprint, 2 minutes run, 2 minutes jog. Rinse and repeat. Never walk. The running rule of my life. If you walk, you can't keep running. Especially relevant for those days when I decide "fuck it" and do ~15k

Saturday

Sort of my rest day :D I do a 10k+ run. Wherever I feel like. Usually around the lake.

Sunday

Getting bored I bet? Same run. Conditioning class with Muay Thai guy from Thursday = death becomes me. In the evening, dance rehearsal for 2 hours, varying from mild to moderate intensity. Not really a big workout but... *le shrug*

Some relatively irregular things I didn't mention:

I go skating at least once a week whenever I feel like it. Usually for ~2 hours.

I play football in the fall and summer. I play striker or keeper or very rarely midfield.

Susu-fitness-tips:

I take every single staircase I encounter at a run. No exceptions. Even if I'm in heels. I swear it does something.

Walk or cycle everywhere you can. 15k is not far to go on a bike. It should take about an hour if it's uphill. Flat, less.

Stop drinking up all of your calories. Water and tea without milk or sugar. If you want vitamin C, eat fruit. :mad:

Also, stop eating packaged food. It's terrible for you.

Do something every day even if you don't feel like it. Otherwise you'll lose it.

Keep track of your progress somehow, either by measuring or weighing or doing whatever you want. If you see you're doing well you'll be motivated to do better. :)

Anyways. This was probably really boring.

tl;dr: susu is a fitness freak

Scrapple
01-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Most important soda and fruit juice = candy don't drink them. My diet is mainly don't eat highly processed foods. If your grandmother or great-grandmother didn't see them in the market then don't eat it.

My current workout is a 2 day split 3x a week.

Split one:
4x Incline bench press 6-8 reps 60 seconds between sets
3x Bench press 8-10 reps 45 seconds between sets
3x Flies 10-12 reps 30 seconds between sets
3x Military Press 6-8 reps 60 seconds between sets
3x Lateral Raises 8-10 reps 45 seconds between sets
3x Rope Triceps Pushdowns 8 reps 45 seconds between sets
3x Overhead Triceps extensions 10-12 reps with 30 seconds between sets
Abs

Split two:
4x Bent over row 6-8 reps 60 seconds between sets
3x Shoulder Shrugs 10-12 reps 30 seconds between sets
3x Cable Rows 8-10 reps 45 seconds between sets
3x Pull downs 10-12 reps 30 seconds between sets
3x Barbell Curl 8 reps 45 seconds between sets
3x Hammer curl 10 reps 45 seconds between sets
4x Squats 6-8 reps range 60 seconds between reps
2x Hamstring curls 10x reps 30 seconds between reps
2x Calf Raises 12 reps 30 seconds between sets

Every weekday I walk for 30-40 minutes during lunch.
1 day (usually Wednesday) of High Intensity interval training

morski
01-28-2012, 09:38 PM
I need to catch up on a lot of terminology:D

morski
02-20-2012, 07:13 PM
0CgQTtB8e_E

E9cJgYJa4-w

-LfyXfjx76I

KvsQKAT3JtA

He's pretty good, but what I do on the parallel bars is better:D.

morski
02-21-2012, 08:19 PM
3pHPoIinplI

The Alchemist
02-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Having a sexy partner is the best sport...ahahahahhahahahh :p:p

Absinthe
02-22-2012, 06:57 AM
I must pull it together and get back on track cause I've really messed up my dietary habits and exercise patterns during the last two months.

Due to increased stress from the workplace as well as other situations, I've lost the will to exercise regularly.
I've been eating humongous amounts of sweets and chocolate plus other stuff that I wouldn't normally eat, such as very greasy pizza and kebab, stuff that normally would give me the creeps.
I don't drink enough water and I've retained too much water, I feel and look dehydrated... I've also started drinking alcohol again :(

derLowe
02-22-2012, 07:05 AM
fAEExESqVQY

Dam good fun when you do it quickly.

morski
02-22-2012, 12:07 PM
I must pull it together and get back on track cause I've really messed up my dietary habits and exercise patterns during the last two months.

Due to increased stress from the workplace as well as other situations, I've lost the will to exercise regularly.
I've been eating humongous amounts of sweets and chocolate plus other stuff that I wouldn't normally eat, such as very greasy pizza and kebab, stuff that normally would give me the creeps.
I don't drink enough water and I've retained too much water, I feel and look dehydrated... I've also started drinking alcohol again :(

You look good in those Greek meeting pics.

Absinthe
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
You look good in those Greek meeting pics.
I've only put on 3kg as a result of that.... must be that I burn a lot of calories walking long distances etc.... however I feel bloated, soft, my muscles are soar and my skin is rough and dehydrated. It's not obvious at a glance, but I've neglected me-self lately. :p

morski
02-22-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm sure you'll get back on track in no time.:)