PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Radio

Lady L
04-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Hey! I was just wondering if you guys have used Pandora Radio..? ( internet radio ) Maybe I'm like learning about it way late but I just discovered it and it is totally awesome!

Go check it out if you haven't music lovers and design your own radio station. Great quality too. And, if you don't like a song give it a thumbs down and they will never play it for you again!!!

:thumb001:

http://www.pandora.com/

Treffie
04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Erm, no!

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

:cry2

Thorum
04-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Erm, no!

:cry2

I use Live365 (http://www.live365.com/index.live). I am a paying member which allows more stations but it has great variety for free too. I have used it for over 5 years and I recommend it to anyone. I especially like the old-time radio shows...

With thousands of stations and more than 4 million listeners a month, Live365 is the world's largest Internet radio network. The Company gives individuals and organizations a "voice" to be able to reach a global audience, while offering radio listeners an unparalleled choice in music and other audio content. Through easy-to-use tools and services, anyone with a computer and an Internet connection can create his or her own Internet radio station. As a result, Live365 offers the most diverse array of high-quality radio available today, with thousands of stations spanning myriad genres and representing over 150 countries. Launched in July 1999, Live365 is a two-time winner of the Best Radio Website Award from the Web Marketing Association, a two-time winner of the People's Voice award for Best Music Site at the Webby Awards (2001, 2002), a winner of the Webby's People's Voice Award for Best Radio Site (2004), and has received Best-of-Web designations from Forbes.com and the San Francisco Chronicle. It is completely legal to create, broadcast and listen to Live365 stations. All broadcasting stations adhere to rules set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA"). Live365 broadcasters are required to agree to and abide by these rules upon starting a station. Live365 also has licenses with the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers ("ASCAP"), Broadcast Music, Inc. ("BMI") and The Society of European Stage Authors and Composers ("SESAC"). These licenses allow broadcasters to stream licensed music on their stations.

Hey, Tref, can you let me know if you can get it?

:thumbs up

Treffie
04-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Yup, can pick that one up!

Baron Samedi
04-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Pandora is AWESOME! A great way to find new bands/sounds.