PDA

View Full Version : Why Aid to Africa is Not Working

The Lawspeaker
01-14-2012, 01:26 AM
n4a-FZjPreg

Why Aid to Africa is Not Working

At the Jepson Leadership Forum economist Dambisa Moyo, named one of Time magazine's most influential people in the world for 2009, discusses her book Dead Aid: Why Aid is Not Working and How There is a Better Way for Africa. In it she unflinchingly confronts what she sees as one of the greatest myths of our time and argues that foreign aid to Africa be phased out and replaced with innovative ways to finance development and encourage fair trade. Nov. 16, 2009.

Siberyak
01-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Every time an Aid worker is sent down there it seems like he is either shot or kidnapped

Rygg
01-18-2012, 08:49 PM
I actually had a lecture on this subject recently. The problem with foreign aid is, is that it is very hard to sell actual effective aid. Everyone realises that the way things are going in the third world (and particularly sub-saharan Africa) at the moment, is disastrous and despite all the aid, the situation is not improving.

Now the problem with aid, in it's current form does about as much good as it does bad, mainly because a lot of aid is simply symptom-related, eg. sending food because there is a lack of food due to country being badly run. While this does help the immidiate needs of people, it absolutely destroys markets and makes a large amount of people aid-dependent. Furthermore, this doesn't do anything structurally, it doesn't help built the economy or help the country in any way.

The solution is fairly simple, stop anything symptom related (eg. Food help, medicine, etc.) and put aid money into projects that make third world nations self-sustanaible. Yet due to the West not willing to accept cute black children in commercials starving to death, it's an impossible concept to sell to the public despite it being the better option. Besides, a lot of aid is 'dumped' and handled inefficiently. Not more, but 'better' aid is needed, if any at all.

Aces High
01-18-2012, 08:52 PM
If you leave food out for a mangy dog you'll find it on your doorstep every morning and it will forget about finding it for himself.

Same with kaffirs.

heathen_son
01-18-2012, 10:34 PM
The solution is fairly simple, stop anything symptom related (eg. Food help, medicine, etc.) and put aid money into projects that make third world nations self-sustanaible.

How can we justify spending money on making Africa self-sustainable? The West isn't self-sustainable!

Bringing African nations into a position of stability is the responsibility of their leaders, not the rest of the worlds.

In fairness, I would ideally like to see The West have nothing further to do with the continent, though this also is wishful thinking as geo-politically, we have an interest in what goes on there.

Ahhhhh...the days of Empire. Come back. All is forgiven.

askra
01-18-2012, 11:00 PM
humanitarian aids to Africa are senseless if their goverments have continue to pay us the stratospheric debts that they contracted at the times of the decolonization.

Argyll
01-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Aid to Africa doesn't work because Africa doesn't work. It's a continent of mostly third world countries that are so full of political corruption that, once someone helps establish a good leader, they either a) turn on their own people or b) are assassinated soon there after and are replaced with some totalitarian type of government. I don't see why Europeans or other folks are wasting their time in Africa.

Why not let them kill themselves? Surely it wood be the best for the more 'civilized' countries in Africa.

Nairi
01-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Why Aid to Africa is Not Working?

Because they don't help each other.
I was watching a program where they showed a young black girl died in a taxi because other passangers didn't allow taxi driver to drive to hospital first,explaining it with "we got first in the taxi" and that is a norm there.
Just like when blood is needed urgently none gives it and the nurse has to walk very far to the patient's family to take blood from them and if it doesn't match the person dies just in front of them. Nobody lifts a finger to help.
How can the West help people who don't share, don't help each other?

LightInDarkness
01-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Why not let them kill themselves? Surely it wood be the best for the more 'civilized' countries in Africa.

If that were to happen only North Africa and South Africa would survive.

Nairi
01-19-2012, 01:16 AM

Aside from barbarian every day's killings we also know about genocides of
Muslim blacks on Christian blacks. And the West indeed lets it happen.

LightInDarkness
01-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Who cares about Africa. Just let what happens there happen without assistance. It's pretty much a loosing battle for UN forces since these crazy dictators spawn one after another.

Piparskeggr
01-19-2012, 02:01 AM
I've never understood this self-destructive passion in Euro-folk to save lives in over burdened habitats far away from where their concern should really be.

Nairi
01-19-2012, 02:04 AM
I've never understood this self-destructive passion in Euro-folk to save lives in over burdened habitats far away from where their concern should really be.

In general they have good hearts, want to help others which many times turnes against themselves.

Mimbu
01-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Europeans owe this for their colonial past. It is only fair.

Scrapple
01-19-2012, 02:08 AM

Always looking for handouts. Guess it is the slave mentality. Massa isa work hard fo you please don't whip me. Thanks you massa for the cornpone and not whipping me! Get to work boy and earn your suppa!

LightInDarkness
01-19-2012, 02:10 AM
It be da whyte maans fawlt! Gnomesayin?!

Mimbu
01-19-2012, 02:10 AM
Always looking for handouts.

Did Africans build entire fleets and sail to Europe and enslave people? If they had, and they ruled the world, would you not think the Europeans were owed something?

Considering it was on European ships that American slaves were brought over on, if anything Europe owes Africa more than the U.S. does.

LightInDarkness
01-19-2012, 02:13 AM
Did Africans build entire fleets and sail to Europe and enslave people? If they had, and they ruled the world, would you not think the Europeans were owed something?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-A07xsuuAH6U/TexSxA5gubI/AAAAAAAAAHY/Tp1sJFFn-8w/s1600/IMG_5726.JPG

Nairi
01-19-2012, 02:17 AM

But if Africans don't want to make changes in their country , don't want to help each other how long do you expect Europeans to take responsibility for their past? Haven't they already paid enough for the past helping and Africa and blacks in their countries?

Mimbu
01-19-2012, 02:20 AM
But if Africans don't want to make changes in their country , don't want to help each other how long do you expect Europeans to take responsibility for their past? Haven't they already paid enough for the past helping and Africa and blacks in their countries?

That's racist and you know it. They do take responsibility.

Edelmann
01-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Did Africans build entire fleets and sail to Europe and enslave people?

Maybe you should have.

If they had, and they ruled the world, would you not think the Europeans were owed something?

Absolutely not.

Considering it was on European ships that American slaves were brought over on, if anything Europe owes Africa more than the U.S. does.

No one owes you anything.

Scrapple
01-19-2012, 02:23 AM

http://net4baby.com/baby/images/stories/main/crying_baby.jpg

Nairi
01-19-2012, 02:26 AM

Have no idea what racism you found in my comment.
Should blacks take responsibility for the ongoing white genocide in South Africa?

Loddfafner
01-19-2012, 02:32 AM

Yes they did, as a matter of fact. North African slave raiders kidnapped several million Europeans from ships and coastal visits to sell into slavery. Americans dealt with it when we landed in Tripoli. The French finally put an end to the problem when they took over Algiers in 1830. Even Karl Marx applauded that move.

As for the larger topic here: aid to Africa is really about propping up local elites and keeping them dependent on donor countries. They spend a lot of that aid on products from donor countries so it is really an indirect subsidy to our own industries. The problem is that the African elites get all they need from the US and the EU so they don't have to please or even take care of their own populations.

Nairi
01-19-2012, 02:38 AM
Who should be held responsible for white slavery?

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38736

Somehow Europe ends up paying for both white and black slavary.

askra
01-19-2012, 02:45 AM

and who sold the africans to european slavers were other africans in great part of cases.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/assets/images/2009/11/12/091112104603_african_slaves_getty466.jpg

LightInDarkness
01-19-2012, 02:56 AM

http://i56.tinypic.com/23lgjo.jpg

Odoacer
01-19-2012, 03:08 AM
That's racist and you know it.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/11/128812374185003526.jpg

zack
01-19-2012, 03:23 AM

Gimme dats!

European don't owe blacks shit,in fact you should be thanking us from saving you from the shithole that is africa. Furthermore your own people sold you into slavery. Little fun fact for you is that blacks are the only race to take slavery and never really fight back,injuns REFUSED to be slaves and many DIED rather than be slaves.

If Europe 'owes' anything to any group of people it is most definitely not blacks who have had TRILLIONS spent on them in food stamps and education and other welfare programs while the real group of people who could have used that money(Injuns and poor whites) were left out in the cold to appease you purple lips.

Injuns in the US have had it 10 times worse than blacks will ever have and while they may bitch about it(IMO deservedly so in many cases)they don't bitch as much as you blacks do. You get fucking pampered compared to them.

Why the fuck are you bitching anyways? What does Europe owe Africa?

Want a large importation of white pussay?

LightInDarkness
01-19-2012, 03:29 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ot4jdDmGYZk/S-Fned0N5rI/AAAAAAAAAHg/VHxAKm9zqyg/s1600/633681398732864841-AFRICA.jpg

Stars Down To Earth
01-19-2012, 07:20 AM
I've already posted on this topic before, over here. (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=631749#post631749) I can't be fucked to write another long and in-depth post, since I already covered this stuff.

Basically, aid to Africa isn't working because of the Africans. I'd cut off all foreign aid to Africa, every single penny, and let them survive on their own. Of course, there would be a mass starvation and most of them would die, but at least they'd go back to a level where their environment can sustain them. Only then can Africans be in their natural state, without any artificial outside help, and develop on from there.

If they had the intelligence and skills to do it, they would've. Before the first European set foot in Africa, the native folks were already enslaving each other. Of course, black Africans never went beyond that stage, there's several biological reasons for that. The races with more tendency to civilisation have always done this to the more primitive races, simply because they could do it. That's what our planet's history looks like: those who could enslave and conquer, did it.

Modern people like to paint these issues in black and white, but forget that slavery was once the norm. Even in Africa, the more advanced races enslaved the Bantu (average IQ - still fucking 60) because they saw those daft morons as nothing but beasts of burden. Same happened in Asia with the imperial Chinese using the Southeast Asians as indentured serfs because of their lesser tendency toward civilisation. Same happened almost everywhere.

That's human nature for you.

Peasant
01-19-2012, 07:25 AM
VftR9vOn8xE

I have posted this once before somewhere but here it is again.

somerled
01-19-2012, 08:26 AM

The reverse is true, Colonization lifted Blacks from a state of savagery and poverty.
There is a strong correlation between high standards of living/respect for human rights and the influence of White civilisation.
American Blacks are far better off than South African Blacks and in turn South African Blacks are far better off than Blacks from the least colonized areas of sub-Sahara Africa.
Zimbabwe quickly slid into violence, depredation and poverty as the White influence diminished.

Argyll
01-19-2012, 08:43 AM

Africans and ruling the world made me laugh.

Why should we be helping people who can't help themselves? Your people are either saying 'Get the white man out of my country' translated from nog gibberish, of course, or 'I need some help'.

Why should we even bother with your forsaken lands? If your countries can't even take care of themselves in the simplest of ways, it shouldn't even be considered a country. All that Africa really is, is just a petty coalition of tribes vying for power over the others in a gods' forsaken land. They almost never have their peoples' best interest at heart.

TheBorrebyViking
01-19-2012, 09:00 AM

You owe slave owners for taking your asses out of the shithole that is Africa.

The Lawspeaker
01-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Africa --- a continent gifted with beauty and it it's plentiful resources yet cursed with the presence of the African.

Der Steinadler
01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Why Aid to Africa is Not Working ?

my opinion is.....because it's not meant to work.

Thunor
01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Of course aid to Africa is not working. What did they expect? After all, the problem is that the continent is full of Africans.

What are you even doing on an European forum, bootlips?

Aces High
01-19-2012, 05:08 PM
if anything Europe owes Africa more than the U.S. does.

Good luck trying to get it sucka.

LightInDarkness
01-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Africa, particularly countries other than the ones in the North African region make me LOL. I once looked at a world developmental map that showed light emitted from different countries and there was total darkness over 2/3's of Africa save for Coastal Africa and South Africa.

But yeah, who cares about Africa.