PDA

View Full Version : Remote Viewing

SuuT
04-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Remote Viewing (RV), refers to the attempt to gather information about a distant or unseen target using paranormal means or extra-sensory perception. Typically a remote viewer is expected to give information about an object that is hidden from physical view and separated at some distance.[1][2][3] The term was introduced by parapsychologists Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff in 1974.[4]

Remote viewing was popularized in the 1990s, following the declassification of documents related to the Stargate Project, a 20 million dollar research program sponsored by the U.S. Federal Government to determine any potential military application of psychic phenomena. The program was terminated in 1995, citing a lack of documented evidence that the program had any value to the intelligence community.[5]

One of the early experiments was lauded by proponents as having improved the methodology of remote viewing testing and as raising future experimental standards, but also criticized as leaking information to the participants by inadvertently leaving clues. [6] Some later experiments had negative results when these clues were eliminated. [7]

Remote viewing, like other forms of extra-sensory perception, is generally considered as pseudoscience [8] due to the need to overcome fundamental ideas about causality, time, and other principles currently held by the scientific community, and the lack of a positive theory that explains the outcomes.[9][10][11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing

Any thoughts? Opinions? Practitioners?

Bloodeagle
04-24-2009, 03:23 PM
This use to be a common topic of the radio show, "Coast to Coast" with Art Bell.
A regular guest on the topic was Major Ed Dames.

he world's foremost remote viewing teacher, Edward A. Dames, Major, U.S. Army (ret.) is a decorated military intelligence officer and an original member of the U.S. Army prototype remote viewing training program. He served as the training and operations officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency's psychic intelligence (PSIINT) collection unit, and currently serves as executive director for the Matrix Intelligence Agency, a private consulting group. The technical consultant for the feature film, Suspect Zero, (a Tom Cruise-Paula Wagner production), Ed coached Sir Ben Kingsley, and played the role of an FBI remote viewing instructor in the movie, as well.

Ĉmeric
04-24-2009, 03:47 PM
I've experience remote viewing a few times, seeing something that was not within my sight of vision. A few years ago as I was rounding a curve & approaching the crest of a hill I saw a water truck (not the kind that delivers bottled water but one with a large tank for persons not hooked up to water mains) approaching me from the other side of the crest - out of my line of vision - at high speed & drifting across the yellowline. I swerved onto the shoulder & just missed being at the minimum sideswiped by the truck. How I visionalized that truck? Maybe from my subconscious noticing the vibrations of the approaching truck or the sound of the truck, which I didn't notice except perhaps subconsciously? Which caused my subconscious mind to warn me of the approaching danger by projecting the image on my conscious mind?

The human brain is still largely a mystery. It is the center of electrical energy that may work like radar but which most brains are simply not wired to properly sort out & analyze the potential data being collected.

SuuT
04-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I ask because I am able to do things like this; however, there is a specific methodology to "Remote Viewing" that just doesn't work for me. In other words: I can't do it, and am skeptical, therefore:D.

But this is probably the origin of most skepticism: lacking the apparatus to do and/or see some or another thing that is not obvious, commonly accepted, or - an aspect of the mandate of one's dominate instinct.

Treffie
04-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I've got a few friends who have this ability. At first I thought they were having me on, but eventually I arranged them to do the same on my terms (it was quite a long time ago). It took a lot of convincing but I'm still quite sceptical.

Psychonaut
04-24-2009, 07:07 PM
During the hypnagogic state at the beginning and end of a sleep cycle, I will sometimes (usually in tandem with a lucid dream attempt) experience what is called a false awakening. What goes on is that, while I'm physically laying in bed with my eyes closed, I'll have the experience of getting out of bed and walking around my room. Everything appears just as it should, but when this happens I'm unable to do things like open doors or turn on lights (which usually triggers the knowledge that I'm dreaming and aids in turning the experience into a lucid dream). However, it happens so haphazardly that I've never bothered to conduct an experiment to test whether the image of my room is constructed from memory or is actually being viewed in some way. Such an experiment would be quite easy to perform if only I could replicate the experience reliably, which I can't. :(

Skandi
04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
I have that one, but I cna open the doors etc, and I have found that the "dream" house represents the present real house not my memory of it, however maybe I heard something in the night that informed me things had been moved?

I have also had things similar to Aemeric's where you see something coming even though you can't see it. These I think are the brain pulling in lot's of information and subconciously processing it into something usefull.

SuuT
04-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Remote viewing has changed. Over the years since Remote viewing became public in 1996 many different forms of the original CRV methods have appeared and mutated generally with the help of the internet. The original methods, the purest form is (CRV) originally co-ordinate remote viewing now commonly known as controlled remote viewing.

Controlled Remote Viewing (CRV)

During experimentation in the early 1980's, psychic Ingo Swann began compiling a set of psychic methods which he felt addressed the important aspects of psychic work. The methods center around writing or sketching data filtered through strict protocols whilst sitting at a table in a full alert state. There are currently a number of people teaching a number of alternative versions of these methods.

Extended remote viewing (ERV)

In this method, usually the psychic reclines or lies down comfortably in a darkened room, and another individual (an 'interviewer' or 'monitor') asks them questions and records the data they verbally provide, or they use a tape recorder. Prior to finishing their session they generally attempt to sketch their impressions.

Other Methods

There are individuals from the military and civilians who have some experience with remote viewing methodologies, such as David Moorehouse, Ed Dames, and Glenn Wheaton, Dr Courtney Brown who basically teach CRV but teach their own mutated versions of either CRV, ERV, or newly created mutations of remote viewing.

http://www.remoteviewed.com/remote_viewing_methods.htm