PDA

View Full Version : Blood Type Diversity Europe

Northern_Sun
01-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I would like to start a poll and discussion on Blood Types, as it is an interesting way to study human diversity without the bias of phenotype or race.

The common Blood Groups are: O+ , O- , A+ , A- , B+ , B- , AB+, AB-

There are other blood groups but they are anomalies so I am just listing them as other.

Although almost any of the world population can have a certain blood type some are more frequent if not exclusive to certain inhabitants. For example, O- is found in large percent in the Basque population of Spain and France, Rh Positive B is found in the highest percent in Asians,while its counterpart Rh Negative B is found almost solely in Europeans.

http://s155239215.onlinehome.us/turkic/63_Blood_Types/Blood_TypesEn_files/image008.gif

The Rh negative trait is almost exclusive to European populations, A – and B – , it is also found as a silent allele in 40-45% of Rh Positive Europeans. Early European population was found to have a very high Rh Negative frequency which makes this mutation of European origin.

Take into consideration that most populations have migrated and mixed (even with other European populations) at some point in time.

If you have any questions about the origins or distributions please let me know.

If you can add any new finding to this it would be great to expand our current knowledge! Thanks!:thumbs up

Aces High
01-18-2012, 08:11 PM
AA positive.:icon_drunk:

Vasconcelos
01-18-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm A+.
My mother's A- and pops' O+.

mymy
01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
A+ also

Dad is A+, mom is O-, sister O+

Northern_Sun
01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Mine is A+ as well.

Blood type A is most common to Scandinavians. Some articles state there is a large percent of this blood in Australian aborigines , but fail to mention that theirs has a different mutation and is not related to European A.

Scrapple
01-18-2012, 08:28 PM
O-

I am a Reptilian!

http://www.scoreboard-canada.com/babylon-reptilians.htm

:eek::D

Nglund
01-18-2012, 08:44 PM
B+
Yes, I'm an alien :sad:...

Logan
01-18-2012, 09:04 PM
A+

Rosenrot
01-18-2012, 09:06 PM
O+
the wog bloodtype!

Heart of Oak
01-18-2012, 09:11 PM
I am AB neg maybe you could tell me a little about this please?

Northern_Sun
01-18-2012, 09:26 PM

AB- is the rarest common blood type. Found in roughly 1% of the population. People with AB make neither anti-A nor anti-B antibodies. If a person needed a serum(not cell) transfusion you would be a universal donor.

Artek
01-18-2012, 10:02 PM
I possess A Rh+.
Dad: 0- Mom: A+, if I remember properly.

Allenson
01-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Pretty sure I'm A+....

OneWolf
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm 0+ like my father and my mother is O- RH-! ;)

Geronimo
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
http://s155239215.onlinehome.us/turkic/63_Blood_Types/Blood_TypesEn_files/image008.gif[/CENTER]

The Rh negative trait is almost exclusive to European populations, A – and B – , it is also found as a silent allele in 40-45% of Rh Positive Europeans. Early European population was found to have a very high Rh Negative frequency which makes this mutation of European origin.

Good to know that. I'm O- (my father is O-, his father was O-) :D I guess we're some kind of super authentic europeans :cool:

Ouistreham
01-18-2012, 11:11 PM
There once was a thread about that, and a poll attached with astonishing results:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108

Some 150 people answered, of which nearly 15% declared to be O-, a considerably higher share than all found in any white countries:

http://mihow-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/2009/04/bloodtypes.png

Good to know that. I'm O- (my father is O-, his father was O-) :D I guess we're some kind of super authentic europeans :cool:

You can count me in as well.

Grumpy Cat
01-18-2012, 11:26 PM
I am B-.

I donate blood and the donor clinic loves me, because I share it with only 1% of the Canadian population.

I'm screwed if I ever get hurt, though. :confused:

Scrapple
01-18-2012, 11:35 PM
I am B-.

I donate blood and the donor clinic loves me, because I share it with only 1% of the Canadian population.

I'm screwed if I ever get hurt, though. :confused:

They love me too since O- can be given to anyone of any type but not so good if I need blood since I can only get O-

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Icelandic, Norwegian and Irish Blood group comparison:

A B O
Iceland 19 7 74
Norway 31 6 62
Ireland 18 7 75

Based on comparisons of Icelandic mitochondrial DNA with other European populations, Icelandic women are most similar to the Welsh and British which would explain the similarity of blood distribution.

Scrapple
01-19-2012, 12:52 AM

A B O
Iceland 19 7 74
Norway 31 6 62
Ireland 18 7 75

Based on comparisons of Icelandic mitochondrial DNA with other European populations, Icelandic women are most similar to the Welsh and British which would explain the similarity of blood distribution.

Yeah the Norseman raided the British Isles and took women back with them to Iceland.

http://www.mnh.si.edu/vikings/voyage/subset/iceland/sagas.html

http://www.mnh.si.edu/vikings/voyage/subset/iceland/genetics.html

Lábaru
01-19-2012, 01:00 AM
O+, in my family we are all O+ or O- 50%/50%

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 01:04 AM
They love me too since O- can be given to anyone of any type but not so good if I need blood since I can only get O-

There is an interesting fact about O - as a universal donor.

Type O blood actually contains both anti-A and anti-B agents in its serum, meaning, if untreated type O blood was given to a type A or B individual it would coagulate and clump the patient’s own cells, killing them. Type O cells are first separated and then rinsed free of antibody containing serum. Afterwards it is safe to be given to any patient!

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 01:06 AM
O+, in my family we are all O+ or O- 50%/50%

What part of Spain do you hail from?

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 01:13 AM
There once was a thread about that, and a poll attached with astonishing results:

Some 150 people answered, of which nearly 15% declared to be O-, a considerably higher share than all found in any white countries:

I wasn’t aware that there was an older Blood type thread. Thanks!
The new people can participate in this one so we have everyone!

It’s very interesting that there were so many Type O Negatives and not just from Spain!

I would love it if someone had any information about European blood distributions or ancient blood distributions to share with everyone!

Damião de Góis
01-19-2012, 01:18 AM
It’s very interesting that there were so many Type O Negatives and not just from Spain!

Is O- supposed to be frequent in Spain? According to the old thread no forum member from Spain is O-

Anyway, i'm A+

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Is O- supposed to be frequent in Spain? According to the old thread no forum member from Spain is O-

Anyway, i'm A+

Only around 7% of people of European descent have type O negative blood. The highest percentage is found in Spain, Australia, New Zealand and Iceland.

In Europe, about 20-40 percent of Basque have type O negative blood.

rhiannon
01-19-2012, 09:02 AM

O neg, here:cool:

Minesweeper
01-19-2012, 09:04 AM
A+ Übermensch.:swl

rhiannon
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM

Yep. It can be a little bit scary for us O negs during times of blood shortage...

Graham
01-19-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm A+, Brother is AB+, Mum is A- and Dad is B+. :) All different.

curiousman
01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
0+

Father: A+ , Mother: 0+

Hevneren
01-19-2012, 12:26 PM
I think I'm O+, as I remember doing an experiment in school relating to this about a decade ago, and the teacher said I'm O+ and a universal donor.

orangepulp
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I am A+

Father: A+ , mother: A-

Querubín
01-19-2012, 12:38 PM
AB+
Dad B+ Mum O+ Sister AB+

jerney
01-19-2012, 12:55 PM
According to 23andme A/O +/+

My dad's the same as me and I think my mom is O

safinator
01-19-2012, 02:31 PM
O-

Scrapple
01-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Yep. It can be a little bit scary for us O negs during times of blood shortage...

Yeah that is why I regularly donate blood.

Queen B
01-19-2012, 06:30 PM
I am 0+.
My mom is 0-

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 06:43 PM
I am A+

Father: A+ , mother: A-

Are you ethnically only Turkish? Your mom's blood type A-, is pretty rare and more common among Scandinavians and Finns.

I knew a half-Turkish guy he had really light blue eyes and was more European looking than some Greeks!

Querubín
01-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Northen_Sun i'd like to know more about AB+. I only know that it's the most rare + type, and it's universal reciver

Sabinae
01-19-2012, 07:20 PM
...well, its the same as this thread...almost at least...

Im A-. Mother is O- and father is AB+

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Northen_Sun i'd like to know more about AB+. I only know that it's the most rare + type, and it's universal reciver

AB+ is pretty rare! Between 1-3% of the world’s population has this type.

In Europe around 12% of Hungarians have this type.

You are also probably not Basque as the Basque have virtually no B or AB blood.

And it looks like Iberian Celts were found to have B and AB blood.

Your parents must have been either both AB, AB/B,AB/A, or A/B.

AB has both A and B antigens on red blood cells (but neither A nor B antibody in the plasma) so you can donate plasma to anybody.

Studies also showed that type A and AB have a higher risk of heart disease and high cholesterol due do the difference in blood vessels between the blood groups. In research group AB is also resistant to cholera due to its protein structure. On a microbiological note blood groups are very interesting.

I have sources for all this info from various books(not my head). If I find anything else that’s interesting in my books I will let you know!

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 07:53 PM
...well, its the same as this thread...almost at least...

Im A-. Mother is O- and father is AB+

I'm new and I was not aware of the previous thread. I was hoping that people might add some scientific/anthropological findings to this tread.

Querubín
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM
AB+ is pretty rare! Between 1-3% of the world’s population has this type.

In Europe around 12% of Hungarians have this type.

You are also probably not Basque as the Basque have virtually no B or AB blood.

Your parents must have been either both AB, AB/B,AB/A, or A/B.

AB has both A and B antigens on red blood cells (but neither A nor B antibody in the plasma) so you can donate plasma to anybody.

Studies also showed that type A and AB have a higher risk of heart disease and high cholesterol due do the difference in blood vessels between the blood groups. In research group AB is also resistant to cholera due to its protein structure. On a microbiological note blood groups are very interesting.

I have sources for all this info from various books(not my head). If I find anything else that’s interesting in my books I will let you know!

Thanks, i'm from the south-west of Spain. My father is B+ and my sister AB+. We have son "vasque" ancestry but very distant in the time

Lábaru
01-19-2012, 09:23 PM
blood.

of course not, the blood of the Celtiberians were mostly O+ and O- in a lesser percentage.

Vasconcelos
01-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Gallaecians were A+. If you say otherwise I'll butcher you. :)

orangepulp
01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Are you ethnically only Turkish? Your mom's blood type A-, is pretty rare and more common among Scandinavians and Finns.

I knew a half-Turkish guy he had really light blue eyes and was more European looking than some Greeks!
A- is common on my maternal side.
I am Turkish from both sides but blood type does not determine ancestry.

Phenotype does not equal genotype either. I know blond Euro looking Turks that plot more ''Eastward'' in DNA plots than Turks that physically look Near Eastern.

Lábaru
Gallaecians were A+. If you say otherwise I'll butcher you. :)

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grupo_sangu%C3%ADneo

* O+ A+ B+ AB+ O− A− B- AB−

España 36% 34% 8% 2,5% 9% 8% 2% 0,5%

may be true, but my exgf from Galicia was O+

In any case, A+ maybe (The Celts)

Northern_Sun
of course not, the blood of the Celtiberians were mostly O+ and O- in a lesser percentage.

I'm only stating things from research. That information can be found in the book

A natural history of man: a biologist's view of: birth and death

Where is your source from out of curiosity?:confused:

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/northern-sun_album/Capture.jpg

Damião de Góis
01-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Sure, also the Celtici were all A+ and R1b1b2a1a2 :tongue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtici

Lábaru
01-19-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm only stating things from research. That information can be found in the book

A natural history of man: a biologist's view of: birth and death

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/northern-sun_album/Capture.jpg

Outsiders/foreign know nothing about Celtiberians, apart from myths and shits.

Where is your source from out of curiosity?:confused:

Being born in one of the Celtic(Iberian) lands of Spain.

StonyArabia
01-19-2012, 09:55 PM

Phenotype does not equal genotype either. I know blond Euro looking Turks that plot more ''Eastward'' in DNA plots than Turks that physically look Near Eastern.

Phenotype does not always mean genotype.

But yes Bloodtypes don't tell you anything much. My father is O+ and my mom is A+.

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Outsiders/foreing know nothing about Celtiberians, apart from myths and shits.

Being born in one of the Celtic lands of Spain.

I hardly think that you are a biologist, geneticist, anthropologist, or even medical student, so you do not qualify. I am in noway insulting Iberians or the Spanish population. I am only stating scientific findings from medical journals. Don't be mad at me I'm not making things up as I go along.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/northern-sun_album/dt.jpg

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 10:04 PM

Biologically the Rh negative mutation arose in Europe 25,000 to 35,000 years ago and spread from there. It does determine that this is a European mutation.

Lábaru
01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
I hardly think that you are a biologist, geneticist, anthropologist, or even medical student, so you do not qualify. I am in noway insulting Iberians or the Spanish population. I am only stating scientific findings from medical journals. Don't be mad at me I'm not making things up as I go along.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/northern-sun_album/dt.jpg

Where are the Celts in this text? Berbers have high percentages of O-, are they Basques?

Enough of garbage, the Celts of Spain were varied, as varied as the current Spanish, with O+ and A+ blood mostly.

Lábaru
01-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Biologically the Rh negative mutation arose in Europe 25,000 to 35,000 years ago and spread from there. It does determine that this is a European mutation.

more garbage? Berbers have absolutely nothing of Europeans, as shown the genetic.

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 10:19 PM
more garbage? Berbers have absolutely nothing of Europeans, as shown the genetic.

Read more:D I will buy you a book and send it.

Berber mtDNA

The Berbers are the indigenous populationof north-west Africa. Although their Y-DNA is almost perfectly homogenous, belonging to haplogroup E-M81, Berber maternal lineages show a much greater diversity, as well as regional disparity. At least half (and up to 90% in some regions) of the Berbers belong to some Eurasian lineages, such as H, HV, R0, J, T, U, K, N1, N2, and X2, mostly of Middle or Near Eastern origin. 5 to 45% of the Berbers will have sub-Saharan mtDNA (L0, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5). There are only three native North African lineages, U6, X1 and M1, representing 0 to 35% of the people depending on the region.

Haplogroup U6 has been observed from the Iberia and the Canary Islands to Senegal in the West, and from Syria to Ethiopia and Kenya in the East. It is also found at low density in Europe, though mostly limited to Iberia. Approximately 10% of all North Africans belong to this lineage.

So, through MtDNA some Berbers are related to Europeans. Please stop showing your ignorance.

Lábaru
01-19-2012, 10:38 PM
[I]The Berbers are the indigenous populationof north-west Africa..

I stopped reading here, pure garbage.

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I stopped reading here, pure garbage.

I’m sorry arguing with an infantile mind is useless. :rolleyes2:

Lábaru
01-19-2012, 10:55 PM
I’m sorry arguing with an infantile mind is useless. :rolleyes2:

You're the ignorant American who tries to guess the blood types of the Celtiberians, lol.

You're pretty ridiculous, a black African and a Chinese may have the same blood type, the Celts of Spain were different from each other, Celts were not one people, were a culture, the Celtiberians had the same types of blood that the current Spanish, A+ and O+ mostly and that's the only reliable source.

Northern_Sun
01-19-2012, 11:00 PM
You're the ignorant American who tries to guess the blood types of the Celtiberians, lol.

You're pretty ridiculous, a black African and a Chinese may have the same blood type, the Celts of Spain were different from each other, Celts were not one people, were a culture, the Celtiberians had the same types of blood that the current Spanish, A+ and O+ mostly and that's the only reliable source.

I’m sorry I’m above arguing with you.:rolleyes2:
I’m not American. I’m living there for now and will be going back to Europe soon.

Ouistreham
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Blood group doesn't tell anything about an individual's phenotype, but the interesting point about it is that their statistical breakdown does tell a lot about ethnicities' past history.

If an originally homogeneous nation (provided it's large enough to impede bottleneck effects) repeatedly receives, generation after generation, some input from another race, the average phenotype will end up being substantially modified.

But strangely, it seems the original statistical distribution of blood groups keeps replicating itself at each generation. Sounds like a very conservative factor.

IMHO this inherent stability could be the reason why the Basque people, though being phenotypically and even genetically extremely close to their Castilian and Gascon neighbours, still show anomalous blood group stats.

Most astonishing, Eurasian invaders like the Finns and the Turks succeded to assimilate to their cultures peoples of Northern Europe and Anatolia. Now the Finns are virtually undistinguishable from the Germanics and Slavs surrounding them, and the modern Turks are just another Middle-Eastern nation. Despite their vaguely common origin in the Finno-Ugric and Uralo-Altaic Urheimats, they are racially as different as they can.

But their blood group distribution remains eerily similar:

http://mihow-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/2009/04/bloodtypes.png

Scrapple
01-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Here is a scientific paper (fortunately not too long) on blood types and personality.

http://www.hy-ls.org/index.php/hyls/article/view/4/24

Dependence vs high Reward Dependence) in AB,
B, O, and A, in that order [1]. A similar order of
ABO blood groups has been described in the
spectrum of high Anger vs low Anger (except that in
Anger, O moves to the highest position in the list).
More recently, obsessive-compulsive disorder having
a genetic linkage with ABO blood group A has been
a hypothesis supported by some but not all
researchers [2,3].

Pallantides
01-21-2012, 08:13 AM
A+

The A blood allele is somewhat more common around the world than B. About 21% of all people share the A allele. The highest frequencies of A are found in small, unrelated populations, especially the Blackfoot Indians of Montana (30-35%), the Australian Aborigines (many groups are 40-53%), and the Lapps, or Saami people, of Northern Scandinavia (50-90%). The A allele apparently was absent among Central and South American Indians.
http://anthro.palomar.edu/vary/images/map_of_A_blood_allele.gif

orangepulp
01-21-2012, 09:07 AM

So what are you saying my maternal side is of European descent, that is unlikely we are Turkish. I did a DNA test btw and my mtDNA is H, if that tells anything.

Nairi
01-21-2012, 10:01 AM
O+

Heart of Oak
01-21-2012, 01:38 PM
I certainly found Northen-Sun more than interesting and informative as per normal she is very well informed and worth a read.

Franke
01-21-2012, 02:06 PM
You have very extensive research regarding this human aspect.I too have found Rh positive common in Asia and diversity of blood groups in Europe proves that many new populations have settled in it.In my opinion its good in a sense that if someone needs a different blood group, it will be readily available.

cilicia
01-21-2012, 09:35 PM
A+ (+/-)

I am not certain that the Rh- factor happened in Europe, but it certainly survived better there. The highest frequencies to my knowledge are in the Karaite Jews of Iraq and the Basques. Besides the places mentioned, it is also found in the Caucasus.

Northern_Sun
01-21-2012, 09:40 PM
So what are you saying my maternal side is of European descent, that is unlikely we are Turkish. I did a DNA test btw and my mtDNA is H, if that tells anything.

I’m really sorry to disappoint you that you have some European genes(sad for us as well). :(
MtDNA Haplogroup H is a Eurasian Haplogroup found in 40-50% of Western Europeans.

http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/mtdna-haplogroup-chart.gif

European mtDNA haplogroups and their subclades
Haplogroup H & V (mtDNA)

Haplogroup H is by far the most common all over Europe, amounting to about 40% of the European population. It is also found (though in lower frequencies) in North Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia, Northern Asia, as well as along the East coast of Africa as far as Madagascar.
H1, H3 and V are the most common subclades of HV in Western Europe.

H1 peaks in Norway (30% of the population) and Iberia (18 to 25%), and is also high among the Sardinians, Finns and Estonians (16%), as well as Western and Central European in general (10 to 12%) and North-West Africans (10 to 20%). H3 is commonest in Portugal (12%), Sardinia (11%), Galicia (10%), the Basque country (10%), Ireland (6%), Norway (6%), Hungary (6%) and southwestern France (5%). Haplogroup V reaches its highest frequency in northern Scandinavia (40% of the Sami), northern Spain, the Netherlands (8%), Sardinia, the Croatian islands and the Maghreb. It is likely that H1, H3 and V, along with haplogroup U5, were the main haplogroups of Western European hunter-gatherers living in the Franco-Cantabrian refuge during the last Ice Age, and repopulated much of Central and Northern Europe from 15,000 years ago.

Haplogroup H13 is most common in Sardinia and around the Caucasus. Its distribution is reminiscent of Y-DNA haplogroup G2a. The same is true of H2 to a lower extent. This would suggest a Caucasian or Anatolian origin.

H5 and H7 are also common in the Caucasus, but their lower incidence around the Mediterranean, and higher frequency from Anatolia to the Alps via the Danube suggest a possible link with the spread of agriculture (YDNA E1b1b, J2 and T) or of the Indo-Europeans (R1b1b2).

SilverKnight
04-29-2012, 01:42 AM
mines B +

Dad: B+

Mom: O -

Atlantic Islander
04-29-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm O -.

~Nik~
05-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Father: A+

Mother: B+

Sister: AB+

And I think I am also AB+ as my sister.

Now I hope you will describe my various blood origins. :D

PetiteParisienne
05-25-2012, 05:22 PM
I am A+, as are my parents and my husband. It is the most common blood type.

Siginulfo
05-25-2012, 05:26 PM
I have AB+. My father has: B+ and my mother has A+. Or is it the opposite?:confused::D

~Nik~
05-25-2012, 05:28 PM
I have AB+. My father has: B+ and my mother has A+. Or is it the opposite?:confused::D

Ave, aryan brother. :cool:

Contra Mundum
05-25-2012, 05:32 PM
A+ here.

Didn't much of the rh- population die off because of the Black Death/Bubonic Plague? I think those with rh+ were more resistant.

StonyArabia
05-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Mine O+
Mother A+
Father O+

Apina
05-25-2012, 05:43 PM
O-

xajapa
05-27-2012, 12:24 AM
I and my father are O+, my mother is O-.

Stefan
05-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Mother: O -
Me: O-
I know my father is O as well; I don't know whether or not he's homozygous recessive or heterozygous for the RH factor. Therefore, he's either O+(heterozygous) or O - (homozygous recessive.)

Mesrine
05-27-2012, 01:11 AM
A+

Mother A+
Father B+

Hetka
08-09-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm A+
My mom is AB+ (Polish)
My dad is O not sure about +/- (Scottish and French)

Sabinae
08-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Mother: O -
Me: O-
I know my father is O as well; I don't know whether or not he's homozygous recessive or heterozygous for the RH factor. Therefore, he's either O+(heterozygous) or O - (homozygous recessive.)

My father was heterozygous for the Rh factor... since mother is O-, and he was AB+.

Furnace
08-12-2012, 07:37 AM
A+

Corvus
08-12-2012, 09:00 AM
I am A+. What does that mean for me?

ikki
08-12-2012, 09:12 AM
The japanese bloodtype teory must be right then.
O types and thus especially O- are rebellious and angry. Very hard to rule over.

Observe the over represented number of banned :D

CatBird
08-15-2012, 01:01 AM
O+

Mark
03-21-2013, 09:31 PM
I am A-
I think it is of the A2 variant.

Aredhel
03-21-2013, 09:34 PM
A+

Dombra
03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
B-

Ades
03-21-2013, 09:47 PM
A+

1stLightHorse
03-21-2013, 09:49 PM
O rh negative

1stLightHorse
03-21-2013, 09:51 PM
The japanese bloodtype teory must be right then.
O types and thus especially O- are rebellious and angry. Very hard to rule over.

Observe the over represented number of banned :D

I'm sure those who are familiar with me would agree wholeheartedly, LOL.

cally
12-26-2013, 07:56 PM
O-

HellLander87
12-28-2013, 09:47 AM
O+

Ivan Kramskoï
12-28-2013, 10:10 AM
A+

Prisoner Of Ice
12-28-2013, 10:12 AM
A+ peasant blood. My father is A- though.

Looks to be the most common on the forum. Hmm. A blood type and rh - both originate in great apes btw. Chimps and rhesus monkeys are O+.

Lotuse
12-28-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm A- :)

Leo Iscariot
12-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Mine is A+, my mom's is O-, and my sister's is O+. I have no clue what my dad's is, he's never bothered to find out.

Lotuse
12-28-2013, 10:29 AM
No one in my family from dad side or mother side is A- i'm the only one who came with A- so i guess is something to feel special ,

Armatus
12-28-2013, 10:30 AM
O-

European chimp I guess.

Accountant
12-28-2013, 10:33 AM
No one in my family from dad side or mother side is A- i'm the only one who came with A- so i guess is something to feel special ,

You should feel special, since your mother spread her legs one time too many. :)

Lotuse
12-28-2013, 10:36 AM
You should feel special, since your mother spread her legs one time too many. :)

Probably don't feel offended at all lmo even dogs have O's blood type :lol: A- is a blood type to feel proud not many humans have that

paksaltopam
12-30-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm AB+ as are both my parents. My sister is A+

portusaus
12-30-2013, 12:43 AM
A-

MissProvocateur
12-30-2013, 01:15 AM
I have O-, guess that makes me some sort of freak.

Oneeye
03-06-2015, 10:14 PM
A+

FunkyWanderer
03-07-2015, 11:35 PM
I'm O- from my mom, my father was A+ as is my older sister

SwampThing26
03-13-2015, 09:10 PM
I am B+

Father is O+ and Mother is B+

Violin Spider
05-04-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm B+
Father is AB-, Mother is B+

n1KITA
09-11-2017, 10:46 AM
A RH +

kingjohn
09-11-2017, 02:27 PM
A+

Helen
10-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Mom 0+- Dad 0+-

And I have 0--

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2018, 09:31 AM
I am not sure what my father had (I believe O-) but I have B+ and so did my late mother.

Grace O'Malley
10-04-2018, 10:03 AM

A B O
Iceland 19 7 74
Norway 31 6 62
Ireland 18 7 75

Old thread but not Welsh and British really. It was Gaelic women (ie Irish and Scots from the Western Isles) they took back to Iceland with them because that is where they had their settlements. It was mostly Norse Vikings that went to Iceland originally but I know that other Scandinavians went there as well. This is the reason why some Icelandic names have Gaelic roots including Njál, Brján, Kjartan and Kormakr (from Niall, Brian, Muircheartach and Cormac).

Old post but just clarifying what is fairly well known.

Jana
10-04-2018, 10:06 AM
I am A+ like my mother, while my father is B+.

Benyzero
10-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Im not sure right now, but I have to be O or A- .

Ylla
I am O-
My fiance is A+

Pribislav
А+

Jackson78
10-04-2018, 11:15 AM
O+ here

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Im not sure right now, but I have to be O or A- .

Eh. Better have it checked: what if something were to happen to you and they wouldn't be able to give you a blood transfusion ?

Benyzero
10-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Eh. Better have it checked: what if something were to happen to you and they wouldn't be able to give you a blood transfusion ?

Yeah U're right

gıulıoımpa
10-04-2018, 11:38 AM
so if one does not have - rh (ancient Western europe endemic) and has B type blood( highest in central asia) is basically asian? :eek:

Gooding
10-05-2018, 04:52 AM
O+

ksha
10-09-2018, 10:46 AM
B rh -

Cleitus
10-09-2018, 10:47 AM
0 Rh negative

Papastratosels26
10-09-2018, 10:49 AM
A+
Mother A+
Father B-

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Mens-Sarda
10-09-2018, 11:45 AM
I have no idea of my blood type.

According to studies Sardinians have :

0 50% - A 26% - B 19% - AB 5%

While Italians have :

0 46% - A 41 % - B 11% - AB 3%

GabrielZ
10-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Woa, many people with O-. I thought it was rare

Mädel Edelweiß
10-13-2018, 01:35 AM
My blood type is A+

Not sure about my parents, but my paternal grandmother is also A+

MagnusDark
07-08-2019, 12:38 AM

AB- here

Bellbeaking
07-21-2019, 09:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UOv3bzd.png

O- universal donor highest in Britain, generosity is in our blood. No wonder we generously spread our systems of commerce, trade, politics, morality and wealth around the world expecting so little in return. Spain too.
https://i.imgur.com/Cfs5Mdr.png No wonder communism doesn't work in NK; the selfishness flows within them, maybe britain would do it better?
or maybe....
https://i.imgur.com/HsiTRce.png hmmmmm.. Hence West Africans vote Labour in the UK?

Ülev
07-21-2019, 09:48 PM
0 Rh-

Albannach
07-21-2019, 09:58 PM
Is there a way to tell blood type from AncestryDNA or FTDNA raw data?

billErobreren
07-21-2019, 10:05 PM
O-, if I remember right. Haven't been to a blood bank in years though

Albannach
07-21-2019, 10:10 PM
Is there a way to tell blood type from AncestryDNA or FTDNA raw data?

I just answered my own question and the answer is yes!
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-RSID-numbers-of-the-human-genome-variants-that-give-rise-to-different-blood-types-A-B-and-Rh-I-want-to-try-predicting-my-blood-type-from-my-ancestry-com-DNA-results

Apparently, my blood type is OO I'm not sure if that is o+ or o- though

Bellbeaking
07-22-2019, 01:32 AM
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-RSID-numbers-of-the-human-genome-variants-that-give-rise-to-different-blood-types-A-B-and-Rh-I-want-to-try-predicting-my-blood-type-from-my-ancestry-com-DNA-results

Just means you only have 2 O alleles so you are blood type O. IF you where OB or BB you would have blood type B (no difference between OB or BB) as its dominant.
Are you genotyped at rs590787 or i4001527? These SNPs can be used to work out if you are +ve or -ve. Unfortunately many commercial services miss them.

Dick
07-22-2019, 02:44 AM
A+ according to 23andme.

Lucas
07-22-2019, 06:30 PM
A+ according to medical test.

Bellbeaking
07-22-2019, 06:33 PM

Top marks! Are you now a doctor?

Bellbeaking
07-22-2019, 06:34 PM

Voskos
07-22-2019, 06:34 PM
E1b.

Aodhan
07-22-2019, 06:43 PM
I'm A+, my mom is also A+ I think...

Ford
07-22-2019, 06:45 PM

According to this I should be either A+ or A-. My father is A- and mother B+, does anyone know if this gives any indication what my rhesus factor is or could I be either one?

Bellbeaking
07-22-2019, 07:06 PM
According to this I should be either A+ or A-. My father is A- and mother B+, does anyone know if this gives any indication what my rhesus factor is or could I be either one?

Yeh boii

https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs590787 check if you have this snp in ur raw data file might be able to see

Ford
07-22-2019, 07:10 PM
Yeh boii

https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs590787 check if you have this snp in ur raw data file might be able to see

I already checked and I don't have it. I do have Rs5907876 though xD

Dušan
07-22-2019, 07:20 PM
A+, regular blood donor.

wisteria
07-22-2019, 07:32 PM
A-

Lousianaboy
07-22-2019, 07:32 PM
O-

Lucas
07-22-2019, 07:45 PM

:)

dududud
07-22-2019, 07:52 PM
My father: O-
My mother: A+

Me: O+

Finnish Swede
07-22-2019, 08:11 PM
AB (Rh+)

I go to donate my blood regularly (local Red Cross's Veripalvelu (= blood service) organize that in here.

AB blood type is clearly much newer blood type vs others: A, O, B, but it is still not all the way the best blood types of humans.
More like with all mutations .... some of those are good, some are bad, some are neutral and some good some ways and bad other ways (fully bad/harmful mutations will simply die away).

Ülev
07-22-2019, 08:15 PM
https://youtu.be/N1RZ8FZrNiA

Ülev
07-22-2019, 08:18 PM
if unfortunately you are Rh+ there still is a hope....

This is because Rh- is something called a recessive trait. This means that someone who is Rh+ might have a hidden Rh- in their DNA.

https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/rh-positive-parents-multiple-rh-negative-children

Finnish Swede
07-22-2019, 08:24 PM
if unfortunately you are Rh+ there still is a hope....

https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/rh-positive-parents-multiple-rh-negative-children

Well ... I mainly think about this via risks of getting some diseases.

Albannach
07-22-2019, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know if two siblings can have different blood groups? my Mother is Blood group O, but my aunt is Blood group A, does this mean that my little Irish Granny has been a naughty lady?

Crimean
07-25-2019, 10:44 PM
I am not sure what my father had (I believe O-) but I have B+ and so did my late mother.
An interesting coincidence. I have B+, like my mom. and my dad is the O-.
I have never been a donor.

Kaspias
07-25-2019, 10:49 PM
0+, mom A+ and father B+

Roy
07-25-2019, 10:59 PM
0 Rh-

The same as the one of my father and sister.

Finnish Swede
08-02-2019, 10:58 AM
O (Rh+) ... remembered/wrote it wrongly.

TheMaestro
08-02-2019, 11:12 AM
AB+ gang

Finnish Swede
08-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Well ... I mainly think about this via risks of getting some diseases.

Farke1: ''Interesting. Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.''

You are welcomed. Lots of articles can be found from internet. Here is one in English:
https://www.healthtestingcenters.com/what-you-need-know-about-blood-type-and-your-health/

Root
08-02-2019, 12:02 PM
check out this

Europe

https://jakubmarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/blood-type-europe.jpg

World

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/files/2014/10/blood_type_map.png

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/files/2014/10/blood_type_map2.png

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/files/2014/10/blood_type_map7.png

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/files/2014/10/blood_type_map1.png

Rafael Passoni
02-20-2021, 01:48 AM
AB+

Peterski
07-29-2021, 08:29 AM
AB+, if I remember correctly.

Ranger0075
12-27-2021, 11:27 PM
Just got my results and came here to know if I am rare, but turns out actually it is the most common type lul

Rædwald
12-27-2021, 11:31 PM
O (Rh+)

Ion Basescul
12-27-2021, 11:35 PM
I share blood with literal whos

Ellethwyn
12-27-2021, 11:43 PM
I'm A+

Roy
12-28-2021, 11:34 PM
I am 0+