PDA

View Full Version : When are non European immigrants acceptable?

Skandi
11-19-2008, 12:46 AM
When if ever is it acceptable to allow immigrants from non European countries in?

As an example, if we have a temporary shortfall in doctors is it okay to recruit other countries while you train more of your own?

On a different side of the same coin, hiring mercenaries, top example being the Gurkhas, what do you think of them being here?

Arrow Cross
11-19-2008, 02:05 AM
When if ever is it acceptable to allow immigrants from non European countries in?

As an example, if we have a temporary shortfall in doctors is it okay to recruit other countries while you train more of your own?

On a different side of the same coin, hiring mercenaries, top example being the Gurkhas, what do you think of them being here?
Both skilled and unskilled workforce should always be imported from countries of the same racial stock, but the needed fields should be popularized, or even heroized with propaganda for better balance and to make a nation more self-sufficent.

As for non-White mercenaries, we live in modern enough times for their role to be filled with able-bodied and sufficently trained female soldiers who could easily make up for their "disadvantage" in raw force by an advantage in spirit, for fighting for their nation and people. Modern warfare is less and less about sheer physhical power anyway.

The only way I'd support temporary non-White "immigration" would be students of non-White nations allied to us coming here to study, much like the Japanese did in the Third Reich. They'd be certainly treated with due respect.
And of course, tourism and diplomacy are also mention-worthy. Just respect the strict laws.

Yes, I know I'm authoritarian. :p

Æmeric
11-19-2008, 02:33 AM
Preferably never. Temporary guest workers might be a solution for a temporary labor shortage, but they have proven to be permanent because the host countries have not forced them to return to their native countries & have been allowed to bring their dependents with them. Actually labor shortages lead to innovations which increase human productivity, e.g. automation or we learn to do some things on our own, like self-service gas station versus the fullservice stations that were the norm when I was a child.
As an example, if we have a temporary shortfall in doctors is it okay to recruit other countries while you train more of your own?Why train more doctors when you can import them? This is the problem, our temporary solution becomes a permanent way of life. We will never train enough doctors or biotechnicians or whatever if we have the safety valve of importing workers with those skills. Another thing, employers will claim a skills shortage as a means of importing cheaper skilled labor.

As for doctors, here in the US most small towns have at least one practicing physician who is a native of Pakistan or India or the Phillippines. The excuse for letting in foreign doctors is that small towns have trouble recruiting doctors but many of these foreign physicians end up moving to large metropolises to practice.

On a different side of the same coin, hiring mercenaries, top example being the Gurkhas, what do you think of them being here?Foreign mercenaries should never be brought into the home country. Where were the Gurkhas origianlly based, India or Hong Kong? They are a sentimental relic of the British Empire, they should be done away with. The French Foreign Legion was a good idea when they were based in Algiers, now they're based in France, bad idea.The US allows foreigners into the US Armed Forces, this is not a good thing.

Saksenland
11-20-2008, 08:51 AM
They are never welcome!

High skilled or not, they remain non-white, foreign elements which we should not want to be hosted.

Azkedelia
02-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Increasing birth rate in Europe over the replacement rate is a positive factor for our survival, but it is meaningless without a territorial imperative for the white race in Europe. It isn't that Europeans need to have seven children per couple, but the presence of non whites in Europe is the number one issue against white survival. Two or three children per couple in Europe is just fine for a healthy European population, while its the intrusion of non-white masses into Europe that presents the real problem to all of us.

At the ballot box, we get to decide which is the more degrading spectacle: deluded white people giving their country away or clear-eyed blacks helping themselves to it. What a pathology that plagues the typical white mentality supporting white extinction. The problem is as plain as the nose on your face. The solution calls upon the white race for real work. A work towards an awareness and a need for a territorial imperative. Meanwhile, the white race is disappearing in their own nations.

Gooding
02-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Easy answer to the topical question..never.

Hilding
02-18-2009, 03:40 AM
Non-Northern Europeans shouldn't be allowed to live in Sweden imho, there might be exceptions with SOME southern or eastern europeans if there's a good reason. Students are welcome, as is tourists.

Albion
09-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Ambassadors
Visiting politicians
Diplomats

Kataphraktoi
09-19-2011, 06:07 PM
There are and have been quite a few exiled foreign royals and monarchs living in Britain, including Prince Mohammed El Senussi of Libya for instance. I don't have a problem with this and they should be educated and experienced (due to living in a constitutional monarchy) to help their own people once their rightful government is restored and I think us monarchists should support each other.

I also don't have a problem with foreign students studying here, again hopefully they can gain vital experience for helping out their own countries.

I don't think importing foreign (skilled or unskilled) workers is so good though; it's far too much of a temporary fix. In this country, we have a shortage of nurses, this is because of more 'higher up' problems in education and the NHS that foreign workers cannot help with. I suppose if say we need foreign doctors for a short while, they should be from Europe because they will more likely have a better cultural understanding of our patients.

heyaitsme
09-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I think if a non-European immigrant learns the language and learns a bit of the culture they should be allowed into any country over there (as long as they don't cause problems or commit crimes).

heyaitsme
09-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Non-Northern Europeans shouldn't be allowed to live in Sweden imho, there might be exceptions with SOME southern or eastern europeans if there's a good reason. Students are welcome, as is tourists.

Why the hell not? What is so special about Sweden?

Albion
09-19-2011, 07:52 PM
I think if a non-European immigrant learns the language and learns a bit of the culture they should be allowed into any country over there (as long as they don't cause problems or commit crimes).

I don't think so. Why should other people be allowed into our countries and us in theirs?

heyaitsme
09-19-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't think so. Why should other people be allowed into our countries and us in theirs?

Let's say you want to move to China, and the Chinese said no because you were not from Asia/China, how would you feel?

It's common courtesy, and it's rude and arrogant saying others can't live in your country because they are not the same ethnicity or race.

Han Cholo
09-19-2011, 09:24 PM
They can be adapted as long as they respect the culture and laws and can be productive members of society. It's also useful that they don't look too different from the main ethnic group for their own good. If you look too different from your host population you'll feel excluded, no matter what.

Albion
09-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Let's say you want to move to China, and the Chinese said no because you were not from Asia/China, how would you feel?

It's common courtesy, and it's rude and arrogant saying others can't live in your country because they are not the same ethnicity or race.

I can see you're going to go down a storm here, all we need is more agenda-pushing trolls.

Lets say that half of Africa would like to emigrate to Europe or America and that most of the Mexican population would like to go to the united states, how would you feel?

More's the question, how would you feel when the language of your native land, the country or region your people had carved out became a different one?
If your culture was swamped by those of others until it no longer existed or became altered by outside influences, how would you feel?

When people forced their religious views on your, views which went against your own views and ethics? If for example America became muslim, would you be willing to accept the life of a muslim woman?

I could go on...

Supreme American
09-19-2011, 10:20 PM

What exactly do you mean non-European? If you mean whites from the disaspora, the answer is any time. If you mean anyone else, the answer is never. Who in their right mind would trust a 3rd world doctor? How many in the UK have these kinds maimed or killed already?

Supreme American
09-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Lets say that half of Africa would like to emigrate to Europe or America and that most of the Mexican population would like to go to the united states, how would you feel?

Actually a poll was done in Mexico in the last few years and about 50% of the country said they'd like to come to the US if they could.

Albion
09-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Actually a poll was done in Mexico in the last few years and about 50% of the country said they'd like to come to the US if they could.

Point proved, although I'm not sure I like the outcome. Thanks for the info.

Han Cholo
09-19-2011, 10:34 PM

Do you have the link? It's very easy to manipulate polls anyway.

Logan
09-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Do you have the link? It's very easy to manipulate polls anyway.

Not the requested link, but another angle.

There were 32m in the States listed in the 2010 Census, 114m in Mexico. The polls likely not too far off.

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-04.pdf

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mx.html

Han Cholo
09-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Not the requested link, but another angle.

There were 32m in the States listed in the 2010 Census, 114m in Mexico. The polls likely not too far off.

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-04.pdf

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mx.html

Those 32 millions are mostly a smaller quantity that was settled from long time ago and keep reproducing. It's foolish to think Mexico has actually sent 32 millions people.

Mexicos fertility rate is similar to the USA right now:
Total fertility rate: 2.29 children born/woman (2011 est.)

USA fertility rate:
Total fertility rate: 2.06 children born/woman (2011 est.)

http://www.indexmundi.com/mexico/total_fertility_rate.html
http://www.indexmundi.com/united_states/total_fertility_rate.html

heyaitsme
09-20-2011, 12:59 AM

More's the question, how would you feel when the language of your native land, the country or region your people had carved out became a different one?
If your culture was swamped by those of others until it no longer existed or became altered by outside influences, how would you feel?

When people forced their religious views on your, views which went against your own views and ethics? If for example America became muslim, would you be willing to accept the life of a muslim woman?

I could go on...

Ok, Let's say that did happen, do you really think we would start behaving like Africans? No, they would be forced to adapt to our culture and society. Same with the Mexicans!

The majority of the Mexican population moving to the United States?
Lol, I swear it feels like that's already happened, and you know what, they haven't changed our culture AT ALL, they just practice their own culture and beliefs over here instead of over there and there is nothing wrong with that.

They are not going to change our language either. More people may end up learning Spanish as a second language, but we certainly are not going to change our native language to Spanish.

"If your culture was swamped by those of others until it no longer existed or became altered by outside influences, how would you feel?"

Cultures of various countries have been around for thousands of years and they are unchanging for the most part, you must not have a strong culture if you let immigrants take it and change it.

-What happens is the immigrants usually end up adapting to the culture of the country they are in.

"When people forced their religious views on your, views which went against your own views and ethics? If for example America became muslim, would you be willing to accept the life of a muslim woman?"

Nobody can force their religious views on anyone, and there is a thing called freedom of religion which exists over here btw.

Norbert
09-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Permanent settlers are never acceptable in Europe, however I would make an exception in Eurosphere countries, accepting very small amounts of very assimilable Europid-looking Caucasoids from places like Iran for example, and only if they have some ability that makes them valuable.

Albion
09-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Ok, Let's say that did happen, do you really think we would start behaving like Africans? No, they would be forced to adapt to our culture and society. Same with the Mexicans!

You're naive, do you live in an all white neighbourhood or something?

The majority of the Mexican population moving to the United States?
Lol, I swear it feels like that's already happened, and you know what, they haven't changed our culture AT ALL, they just practice their own culture and beliefs over here instead of over there and there is nothing wrong with that.

Not one bit except the South West may as well be in Mexico now.

They are not going to change our language either. More people may end up learning Spanish as a second language, but we certainly are not going to change our native language to Spanish.

Don't bet on it. Once a population is no longer the majority the language changes.

Cultures of various countries have been around for thousands of years and they are unchanging for the most part, you must not have a strong culture if you let immigrants take it and change it.

Stronger than the American culture which doesn't exist.

-What happens is the immigrants usually end up adapting to the culture of the country they are in.

No they don't. See Spanish in South America.

Nobody can force their religious views on anyone, and there is a thing called freedom of religion which exists over here btw.

Like I said, you're naive. Do you think freedom of religion exists in a nation with an official religion, especially in the Middle East where Christians get stoned (with rocks - to death, not the American kind) ?

heyaitsme
09-20-2011, 01:49 AM
"You're naive, do you live in an all white neighbourhood or something?"

How am I naive? I'm just stating my opinion, and no I don't live in an all white neighborhood.

"Not one bit except the South West may as well be in Mexico now."

The South West is NOT a part of Mexico, it's just as American as the Northeast.
Just because they have a lot of Mexicans there it doesn't mean the US is gonna turn into Mexico.

"Don't bet on it. Once a population is no longer the majority the language changes."

So you're basically saying that one day they're will be more Mexicans/South Americans/Muslims/Whatever than Americans living in the US?
I highly doubt that. I'm sure at least some of us would still be speaking English.

"Stronger than the American culture which doesn't exist."

America does have it's own culture. Every country has it's own culture. America has just as much of a culture as England, Mexico, Brazil, etc.

"See Spanish in South America?"

I don't understand what you are trying to get at here, please elaborate.

"Like I said, you're naive. Do you think freedom of religion exists in a nation with an official religion, especially in the Middle East where Christians get stoned (with rocks - to death, not the American kind) ?"

No, obviously freedom of religion doesn't exist in the Middle East, however it does in Europe and the US, and that's what I am referring to, not the Middle East.

I think the way you think is close-minded and even a bit paranoid.
What if there was a crisis in England and you had to emigrate, however you weren't allowed anywhere because your not part of their ethnicity/race? I bet that would suck.

Beorn
09-21-2011, 01:20 PM
What if there was a crisis in England and you had to emigrate, however you weren't allowed anywhere because your not part of their ethnicity/race?

An absolutely astoundingly stupid 'What If?' to help justify mass immigration.

But, if it came to that, the English would need only emigrate to Australia and America. Depending upon whether it is still willing to accept their fellow Anglos of course.

Hess
09-21-2011, 01:26 PM

That's stupid. A European is a European, and thus should be allowed to go anywhere in Europe.

Beorn
09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
That's stupid. A European is a European, and thus should be allowed to go anywhere in Europe.

Uh...no.

Europe is not a state.

Hess
09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Uh...no.

Europe is not a state.

It's not a state, but that hardly weakens my argument. Despite many cultural differences, there is still an underlying bond or mentality that all Europeans share- Sort of like a large family.

Beorn
09-21-2011, 01:40 PM
It's not a state, but that hardly weakens my argument.

You're acting as if it was.

Despite many cultural differences, there is still an underlying bond or mentality that all Europeans share- Sort of like a large family.

It doesn't matter if it Pakistanis, Indians or Somalians, or Polish or Latvians, it doesn't matter if it is Swedes, Germans or French, the large movement of people into another nation is disastrous.

I couldn't care less for this silly European unity if it means my nation suffers.

Hess
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM
You're acting as if it was.

If it were up to me, it would be

It doesn't matter if it Pakistanis, Indians or Somalians, or Polish or Latvians, it doesn't matter if it is Swedes, Germans or French, the large movement of people into another nation is disastrous.

I couldn't care less for this silly European unity if it means my nation suffers.

Can you really say that European immigrants in England do more harm than non-Europeans? Last I checked, it was the Blacks and Arabs who
Broke out in riot just a while ago and not the Poles.

hajduk
09-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Ethnic nationalism is above all. If I was English I wouldn't want influx of Eastern Europeans or other europeans in my country.

Albion
09-21-2011, 08:30 PM

Not really, there's a big difference between Albanians and Swedes.

How am I naive? I'm just stating my opinion, and no I don't live in an all white neighborhood.

What then? Some Liberal neighbourhood with a handful of minorities who have done well? (a handful being an apt description)

The South West is NOT a part of Mexico

No shit, and there was me thinking California was in the United States of Mexico. :rolleyes:

Just because they have a lot of Mexicans there it doesn't mean the US is gonna turn into Mexico.

No, it'll just change culturally.

So you're basically saying that one day they're will be more Mexicans/South Americans/Muslims/Whatever than Americans living in the US?

What's an American? A Mexican can be an American by getting a green card. American is a nationality. I'm saying that the Americans won't be White Americans any more, they'll be in the minority.

I highly doubt that. I'm sure at least some of us would still be speaking English.

Yes.... some. Just as some people still speak the Amerindian languages... :D

America does have it's own culture. Every country has it's own culture. America has just as much of a culture as England, Mexico, Brazil, etc.

America has cultures from other countries, only the Old Americans in New England, the first to come with the British have a semblance of a culture of their own.

I don't understand what you are trying to get at here, please elaborate.

The Spanish totally changed the cultures of South America.

No, obviously freedom of religion doesn't exist in the Middle East, however it does in Europe and the US, and that's what I am referring to, not the Middle East.

But for how long genius? How long will religious freedom last when there is a population which doesn't believe in religious freedom?
Laws aren't hard to change.

I think the way you think is close-minded and even a bit paranoid.

I think you're a dumb arse who doesn't know how the real world works. Maybe try and do some reading, travel a bit or get around people who don't all believe in one philosophy.

Liberals such as you are sheep to the Shepard, you follow the philosophy of a few egoistic individuals because you are weak minded and don't know what to do by yourself.
You are the hapless fools of society, you believe that you have independent opinions when in reality your opinions almost entirely match those of your peers.
When left to think for one's self you panic as you don't have the mental capacity for such, you are pack animals and as such are easy to exploit by the alphas of the group and do almost entirely as they tell you.

The difference between the rest of the populations and you is that everyone else but liberals and other people with related mental disorders can actually formulate their own opinions, decisions and complex schools of thought.
Then there are those who take this to an even higher level, the leaders of society and the same people who often exploit the likes of you.
They say 'jump', you'd say 'how high?'
Not all of this latter group like to exploit the sheep of society, but an amount do and you're their sort of victim.

Think for yourself instead of repeating the same old tired lines please, develop thoughts of our own. Otherwise don't bother wasting my time like this again, I'm not a teacher.

What if there was a crisis in England and you had to emigrate, however you weren't allowed anywhere because your not part of their ethnicity/race? I bet that would suck.

In the real world people don't abandon whole countries, most struggle through adversity because they're not cowards with a flight response, rather fight.

Rant over.

Albion
09-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Can you really say that European immigrants in England do more harm than non-Europeans? Last I checked, it was the Blacks and Arabs who
Broke out in riot just a while ago and not the Poles.

It wouldn't be up to you because you're not in Europe, hence it is none of your concern.

I agree that Europeans are more preferable to non-Europeans, but look at all the trouble with Albanians across Europe.
Large scale movements of people would ruin the whole ethnic composition and destroy the very cultures we are trying to protect. we'd be just another America then, liquorice all sorts.

Despite the media hype, I'd welcome more Poles if it meant they'd replace non-European immigrants.
Most Europeans aren't bad, but people get pissed off when everything gets changed. Why should England become a Polish colony?
Likewise, why Should Andalucia become a English colony? That's immigration.

A trickle of European immigrants wouldn't be bad if we ever did need jobs filling (instead of just imaginary ones under Liebour).
Also if a Brit take a European partner then that is fine so long as everyone doesn't start doing it. ;)

Countries which are related to us in NW Europe are preferable to those more distantly related (the rest of Europe) since the cultures, genetics, languages and societies are already related and share common traits.

Mainly immigration control is about cutting the numbers back to a sensible level. I don't see what is not to understand.

Hess
09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
It wouldn't be up to you because you're not in Europe, hence it is none of your concern.

I agree that Europeans are more preferable to non-Europeans, but look at all the trouble with Albanians across Europe.
Large scale movements of people would ruin the whole ethnic composition and destroy the very cultures we are trying to protect. we'd be just another America then, liquorice all sorts.

Despite the media hype, I'd welcome more Poles if it meant they'd replace non-European immigrants.
Most Europeans aren't bad, but people get pissed off when everything gets changed. Why should England become a Polish colony?
Likewise, why Should Andalucia become a English colony? That's immigration.

A trickle of European immigrants wouldn't be bad if we ever did need jobs filling (instead of just imaginary ones under Liebour).
Also if a Brit take a European partner then that is fine so long as everyone doesn't start doing it. ;)

Countries which are related to us in NW Europe are preferable to those more distantly related (the rest of Europe) since the cultures, genetics, languages and societies are already related and share common traits.

Mainly immigration control is about cutting the numbers back to a sensible level. I don't see what is not to understand.

-I only moved to America 6 years ago and I'm not even a full American citizen yet, hence European affairs are very much my concern

-Who said anything about Albanians being European? If you read any of my other posts, you would know that I have stated many times that a Muslim can never be a European

-The native population of any given European country should always come first- I am not disputing that. That said, what I am in favor of is controlled intra European immigration.

Of course England shouldn't become a Polish colony, but at the same time I see no reason to deny entrance to skilled, educated Polish (or any other European) workers who are willing to integrate into English culture.

-I agree that some European countries share more cultural similarities than others. For example, it would be easier for a Norwegian to become Swedish than it would be for a Greek to become Swedish. That said, I strongly believe that any European can integrate into any European country, even though it would take longer for some than for others.

Albion
09-21-2011, 09:31 PM
I only moved to America 6 years ago and I'm not even a full American citizen yet, hence European affairs are very much my concern

That matters but little, there is no collective voice for Europe and there is no desire for one either. You cannot talk of Europe as if it were one country, each country here has it's own needs.
A Russian has no right to lecture a Swede on who and who can't emigrate to his country.

-Who said anything about Albanians being European? If you read any of my other posts, you would know that I have stated many times that a Muslim can never be a European

I agree with this.

-The native population of any given European country should always come first- I am not disputing that. That said, what I am in favor of is controlled intra European immigration.

A central control for intra-European immigration is open for manipulation, that is a trait of centralisation in general. We could co-operate on policy but there is no desire for a Pan-European immigration policy, freedom of movement with the Schengen is as close as it gets. Even then the British Islanders have their own area in alternative to that.

Of course England shouldn't become a Polish colony, but at the same time I see no reason to deny entrance to skilled, educated Polish (or any other European) workers who are willing to integrate into English culture.

I don't see any reason to deny a certain quota of the best immigrants from Europe in, but allowing any Poles in who assimilate would still change things a little.
There'd become ethnic ties for many people to Poland, Polish customs would slip into widespread use and a fair percentage of the population would no longer be Celtic or Germanic in origin but Slavic.

Of course though from a genetic view point the haplogroups in Europe are basically the same with regional subclades and variations in percentages and sub-races too.
But it still doesn't alter the fact that widespread immigration alters the demographics and society.

I stick by what I said, a fair number of European immigrants is fine, maybe even desirable in some cases, but mass movements of people are not.

-I agree that some European countries share more cultural similarities than others. For example, it would be easier for a Norwegian to become Swedish than it would be for a Greek to become Swedish.

Exactly. That should be paid attention to.

That said, I strongly believe that any European can integrate into any European country, even though it would take longer for some than for others.

Could... should... would... It's all words. They can assimilate but not everyone will. Even though it is possible for Europeans to assimilate and there have been movements of people throughout European history, we still shouldn't have huge movements of people.

Hess
09-21-2011, 09:46 PM
That matters but little, there is no collective voice for Europe and there is no desire for one either. You cannot talk of Europe as if it were one country, each country here has it's own needs.
A Russian has no right to lecture a Swede on who and who can't emigrate to his country.

There is no "collective voice", that is true, but I do believe that all Europeans have much more in common than they think, especially when compared with non-European foreigners.

There'd become ethnic ties for many people to Poland, Polish customs would slip into widespread use and a fair percentage of the population would no longer be Celtic or Germanic in origin but Slavic.

If they commit themselves to full integration, I doubt that any "Polish customs" would slip into England. Those who do try to inject Polish culture into England can and should be deported

But it still doesn't alter the fact that widespread immigration alters the demographics and society.

Not always. A good example would be the Spaniards and Italians in some regions of Southern France who integrated completely and are culturaly 100% French.

I stick by what I said, a fair number of European immigrants is fine, maybe even desirable in some cases, but mass movements of people are not.

Agreed.

Could... should... would... It's all words. They can assimilate but not everyone will. Even though it is possible for Europeans to assimilate and there have been movements of people throughout European history, we still shouldn't have huge movements of people.

Not everyone will integrate, that is true, but every European should at least be given the chance-It's never too late to deport those who fail. And I agree, huge movements are not good for anyone.

Damião de Góis
09-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Immigrants are still immigrants, whether they are non european or not...

Albion
09-21-2011, 10:21 PM
There is no "collective voice", that is true, but I do believe that all Europeans have much more in common than they think, especially when compared with non-European foreigners.

That is true.

If they commit themselves to full integration, I doubt that any "Polish customs" would slip into England. Those who do try to inject Polish culture into England can and should be deported

I don't know, customs can be anything from singing traditional songs to eating polish food. That would be a bit strict, we'd be accused of totalitarianism.

It's just about numbers and quality.

Not always. A good example would be the Spaniards and Italians in some regions of Southern France who integrated completely and are culturaly 100% French.

Those regions are known to be quite distinctive in France. There's a different "vibe" between them and France proper.

Agreed.

Glad to hear it. :thumbs up

Not everyone will integrate, that is true, but every European should at least be given the chance-It's never too late to deport those who fail. And I agree, huge movements are not good for anyone.

Fine. I still stand by a quota on numbers and preferential treatment for similar regions though.

heyaitsme
09-21-2011, 11:37 PM
None of you Europeans have probably ever been immigrants so you wouldn't know what it's like. Sometimes you or your family has to leave the country that they are from.

Racist paranoid pricks like Albion wouldn't understand.

Jon Snow
09-21-2011, 11:54 PM
None of you Europeans have probably ever been immigrants so you wouldn't know what it's like. Sometimes you or your family has to leave the country that they are from.

:nopity00:

heyaitsme
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
"What then? Some Liberal neighbourhood with a handful of minorities who have done well? (a handful being an apt description)"

Who the hell cares where I live and the races of the people who live in my neighborhood.
I'm sureeeee you live in a neighborhood full of diversity over there.

"No shit, and there was me thinking California was in the United States of Mexico. :rolleyes:"

I never know with you. You're dumb.

"No, it'll just change culturally."

So what if it has a somewhat different culture than the rest of US and is influenced by Mexico, diversity is good thing to have. Most regions in the US are like that anyways. It's not like your country would change culturally because of a few Muslims or w.e.

"What's an American? A Mexican can be an American by getting a green card. American is a nationality. I'm saying that the Americans won't be White Americans any more, they'll be in the minority."

You really can't compare America to Europe, why bother. If anyone had an immigration problem it would be the US, not Europe so get over your "immigrants changing our culture and language" bullcrap.

Also, whites are the majority and will always be, there's always going to be racist people against the idea of mixing even in the US. Most especially in Europe.

"Yes.... some. Just as some people still speak the Amerindian languages... :D"

No one speaks Amerindian languages anymore besides in South America and no one cares either. Just so you know ;)

Of course, America has cultures form other cultures, so does South America, who cares?

The Spanish totally changed the cultures of South America.

Obviously, your point? It's not like Mexicans/Arabs/Africans/w.e are going to go up there to Europe and try to colonize your countries, that's in the past, don't worry about it. =)

"But for how long genius? How long will religious freedom last when there is a population which doesn't believe in religious freedom?
Laws aren't hard to change."

Our population believes in religious freedom, sorry yours doesn't.

People are starting to not even care about Religion anymore. There's a thing called separation of church and state, at least in America, I have no idea if you have that in Europe, whatever.

the day all of England becomes Muslim or all of America become Buddhist come back and talk to me.

"I think you're a dumb arse who doesn't know how the real world works. Maybe try and do some reading, travel a bit or get around people who don't all believe in one philosophy.

Liberals such as you are sheep to the Shepard, you follow the philosophy of a few egoistic individuals because you are weak minded and don't know what to do by yourself.
You are the hapless fools of society, you believe that you have independent opinions when in reality your opinions almost entirely match those of your peers.
When left to think for one's self you panic as you don't have the mental capacity for such, you are pack animals and as such are easy to exploit by the alphas of the group and do almost entirely as they tell you.

The difference between the rest of the populations and you is that everyone else but liberals and other people with related mental disorders can actually formulate their own opinions, decisions and complex schools of thought.
Then there are those who take this to an even higher level, the leaders of society and the same people who often exploit the likes of you.
They say 'jump', you'd say 'how high?'
Not all of this latter group like to exploit the sheep of society, but an amount do and you're their sort of victim.

Think for yourself instead of repeating the same old tired lines please, develop thoughts of our own. Otherwise don't bother wasting my time like this again, I'm not a teacher."

Blablablabla, whatever, I just can't help but feel it's wrong to not allow a non-European or a European of different ancestry settle and live in your country because they are different. You act as if they would become the majority, which is ridiculous.

"In the real world people don't abandon whole countries, most struggle through adversity because they're not cowards with a flight response, rather fight."

yeah, okay so why would we even have immigrants if everyone believed in that? that's bullcrap, if you don't like your surroundings then leave! why suffer? you basically just called immigrants cowards.

Rant over.[/QUOTE]

Thank God, I'm done with this.

Beorn
09-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Can you really say that European immigrants in England do more harm than non-Europeans?

Certainly I can. All populations bring their problems.

Last I checked, it was the Blacks and Arabs who
Broke out in riot just a while ago and not the Poles.One huge rare instance which shouldn't really be looked into beyond the four days of the event. The blacks rioted as they tend to do, but the Arabs in this case were protecting their local property and homes.

I'm sure a Pole or two took part, but I expect with them living fragmented amongst the British they were just as scared to venture outdoors as the rest were.

None of you Europeans have probably ever been immigrants so you wouldn't know what it's like.

Emotion.

Sometimes you or your family has to leave the country that they are from.Stop at the nearest available country. Do not go to other side of the world.

Hess
09-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Certainly I can. All populations bring their problems

Pop Quiz time

A) http://a.imagehost.org/0573/g13.jpg

B) http://wibiti.com/images/hpmain/148/183148.jpg

Which group of people is least likely to integrate into England?

Han Cholo
09-22-2011, 02:02 AM
They're acceptable when they're as cool as me.

Albion
09-22-2011, 09:08 AM

Cry me a river. So what are you saying, your family is such? Please tell us some interesting story of your escape from Salazar and his regime... or maybe some other story as to why you had to leave your homeland. :rolleyes2:

Yeah, yeah... I'm a racist because I don't agree with mass immigration... and you don't like it because you're descended of recent immigrants, I get it... :rolleyes2:

Everyone's a racist if they're against you... just keep being the victim...

Who the hell cares where I live and the races of the people who live in my neighborhood.
I'm sureeeee you live in a neighborhood full of diversity over there.

I live in a place which is 98% white. It is a functioning neighbourhood, a suburban utopia because it is mainly home to hard working white families.

Nearby is a large city which happens to be one of the worst cities in the entire country. Whole districts of it are awash with Pakistanis and Bengalis and the city is an utter cess pit.
It is a hopeless place, a blot on the landscape and a tragic place to ever even have to drive through. When I have the misfortune of ever having to go there I always get depressed, it is a city of industrial decline and immigrant squalor. I always feel happy when I see the border sign at the edge of god damn Stoke.

The contrast cannot be more different. From leaving that city you enter a generally prosperous and white county, if I had to live in said city I'd probably end up hanging myself. The city suffers problems with drugs, alcohol, muslim immigration, industrial decline and unemployment. It is painful to even look at.
To the North of it lies Cheshire, it has a few bad spots like Crewe but they're nothing when compared to Stoke.

I never know with you. You're dumb.

Am I really? Is that why you can't formulate a proper argument yet?

diversity is good thing to have.

Not really.

Read me (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994)

It's not like your country would change culturally because of a few Muslims or w.e.

For once we agree, a few aren't too bad, but my argument is about numbers. You cannot condone mass movements of people.

If anyone had an immigration problem it would be the US,

The difference is that America was founded as a country of immigration, the European states were founded around ethnicities and politics.

not Europe so get over your "immigrants changing our culture and language" bullcrap.

If you saw the Muslim districts in Britain you'd have your doubts. They're 10% of the population tops, yet they do try to change everything - our laws, media and how we treat women.

Since you're not even in Europe I think you should quite frankly mind your own business.

Also, whites are the majority and will always be, there's always going to be racist people against the idea of mixing even in the US. Most especially in Europe.

How simple and naive. So you just presume that whites will always be the majority? How utterly stupid, really, what a baseless opinion.
Look at New Zealand - Whites used to the the majority after displacing the Maori, now the Maori and their Pacific Islander relatives are tipping the scales.

I'm sure the Maori in the first place thought the whites would simply be a small immigrant minority, that got them very far didn't it?

No one speaks Amerindian languages anymore besides in South America and no one cares either. Just so you know

No shit! Maybe that was my point...

It's not like Mexicans/Arabs/Africans/w.e are going to go up there to Europe and try to colonize your countries, that's in the past, don't worry about it. =)

They don't have to colonise it, they can just get citizenship to do that. And for you're information some Muslims do believe that they should change Europe.

Our population believes in religious freedom, sorry yours doesn't.

Hahaha, we have a comedian. Why do you have a protestant elite if religious freedom is so prevalent?

People are starting to not even care about Religion anymore. There's a thing called separation of church and state, at least in America, I have no idea if you have that in Europe, whatever.

Yes we do. Maybe if you weren't so ignorant of other cultures you'd know this. Oh... did I just use a liberal argument against a liberal there... I think I might have done.

Ignorant liberals with no idea, nothing's new there then. :rolleyes:

the day all of England becomes Muslim or all of America become Buddhist come back and talk to me.

Yeah, because I'd reeeeally want to talk to you...

Blablablabla, whatever, I just can't help but feel it's wrong to not allow a non-European or a European of different ancestry settle and live in your country because they are different. You act as if they would become the majority, which is ridiculous.

If we have no control over immigration they will become the majority. Our last government let in 3 million new people over a few years.

okay so why would we even have immigrants if everyone believed in that?

Because not everyone does.

why suffer? you basically just called immigrants cowards.

I called those who can't put up with a bit of adversity back home cowards. Get it right.

Thank God, I'm done with this.

I hope so, it's a shame the world can't be done with you. You love immigration because you're an immigrant and use it as justification. You should mind your own business when it comes to dictating what other countries should do.

The fact of the matter is immigrants are let into countries out of the tolerance of the native people, stop acting as if you have a right.

Albion
09-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Pop Quiz time

A) http://a.imagehost.org/0573/g13.jpg

B) http://wibiti.com/images/hpmain/148/183148.jpg

The latter obviously. That's not the point. Whilst Europeans are preferable of course, a lot of them would change the place. It's a reality you need to face up to.

Beorn
09-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Both. Each one still retains elements of their native culture and history whilst integrating to some degree into the English population.

The difference between 1 million Germans and 1 million Africans settling in England is nothing.

Hess
09-22-2011, 12:23 PM
The latter obviously. That's not the point. Whilst Europeans are preferable of course, a lot of them would change the place. It's a reality you need to face up to.

I suppose this is something that we'll just have to agree to disagree on, then.

heyaitsme
09-22-2011, 08:04 PM
"Cry me a river. So what are you saying, your family is such? Please tell us some interesting story of your escape from Salazar and his regime... or maybe some other story as to why you had to leave your homeland. "

Listen, the reason why people immigrate is always different you don't need some tragic story like that to leave your homeland.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm a racist because I don't agree with mass immigration... and you don't like it because you're descended of recent immigrants, I get it...

Everyone's a racist if they're against you... just keep being the victim..."

You are racist most likely, most people are, you see it's a subconscious thing. The fact is that you don't realize that you're being a racist.
And whose talking about mass immigration? You're immigration problems are petty compared to ours.

"I live in a place which is 98% white. It is a functioning neighbourhood, a suburban utopia because it is mainly home to hard working white families.

Nearby is a large city which happens to be one of the worst cities in the entire country. Whole districts of it are awash with Pakistanis and Bengalis and the city is an utter cess pit.
It is a hopeless place, a blot on the landscape and a tragic place to ever even have to drive through. When I have the misfortune of ever having to go there I always get depressed, it is a city of industrial decline and immigrant squalor. I always feel happy when I see the border sign at the edge of god damn Stoke."

Are you trying to tell me that it's a cesspit because of Bengali and Pakistani immigrants?

I highly doubt that, that's that unconscious racist thinking kicking in.
Maybe, the residents who have always lived there should taken better care of their city before it turned to shit.

"The contrast cannot be more different. From leaving that city you enter a generally prosperous and white county, if I had to live in said city I'd probably end up hanging myself. The city suffers problems with drugs, alcohol, muslim immigration, industrial decline and unemployment. It is painful to even look at.
To the North of it lies Cheshire, it has a few bad spots like Crewe but they're nothing when compared to Stoke."

Don't blame the problems of the city on immigrants, I doubt they make up the entire population.
Like I said as long as they aren't committing anycrimes, technically they aren't doing anything wrong.

"I never know with you. You're dumb.
Am I really? Is that why you can't formulate a proper argument yet?"

I'm not trying to fight or argue with you, I just stated my opinion and then you attacked me for it. I think this conversation is useless because I'm not changing my views and neither are you.

"Read me"

Diversity is a good thing, I'm sorry there's problems over there with it.

Whatever, it was boring, I'm not interested in reading it all but I get the picture, that's a small example of it not working out. I don't know about you but I like diversity, most people seem to.

"It's not like your country would change culturally because of a few Muslims or w.e.
For once we agree, a few aren't too bad, but my argument is about numbers. You cannot condone mass movements of people."

I'm pretty sure there are restrictions on the number of immigrants you let into your country. It won't get out of control if you don't let it.

"If anyone had an immigration problem it would be the US,
The difference is that America was founded as a country of immigration, the European states were founded around ethnicities and politics."

Yeah, Europe doesn't have serious immigration problems, at least it shouldn't.
You're basically saying immigration is perfectly fine in my country but in yours or any other countries in Europe it's not.

"If you saw the Muslim districts in Britain you'd have your doubts. They're 10% of the population tops, yet they do try to change everything - our laws, media and how we treat women."

And your country is going to let them? Damn set up some laws and if they get violent deport them, simple as that.

"Since you're not even in Europe I think you should quite frankly mind your own business."

Just trying to help. :)

"How simple and naive. So you just presume that whites will always be the majority? How utterly stupid, really, what a baseless opinion.
Look at New Zealand - Whites used to the the majority after displacing the Maori, now the Maori and their Pacific Islander relatives are tipping the scales."

Whites are the majority, other races are the minority. I see no big deal in what race has the greatest population to be honest.

Whites are always going to be the majority in Europe anyways, so that's why I don't see how other races immigrating there is a big problem.

"I'm sure the Maori in the first place thought the whites would simply be a small immigrant minority, that got them very far didn't it?"

Whatever, I don't care about it. If you think that England's population is going to turn Muslim or something that's your problem.

"No one speaks Amerindian languages anymore besides in South America and no one cares either."

Damn, stop talking about the colonial period that was years ago. For God's sake please. Nobody cares that the Indians got wiped out by the Europeans. Fact is that the Europeans aren't going to get wiped out by minorities anytime soon.

"They don't have to colonise it, they can just get citizenship to do that. And for you're information some Muslims do believe that they should change Europe."

Well just because they believe that, doesn't mean they are going to change Europe. Lol come on, do you really think someday all the women over there will be wearing burkas. It's ridiculous.

"Hahaha, we have a comedian. Why do you have a protestant elite if religious freedom is so prevalent?"

A Protestant elite... ? Alright whatever you say.
All I know is I can practice whatever I want over here.

"Yes we do. Maybe if you weren't so ignorant of other cultures you'd know this. Oh... did I just use a liberal argument against a liberal there... I think I might have done."

Who ever said I was a liberal, you keep calling me a "liberal" to be honest I have no idea what a liberal is and I could care less. I'd rather not be classified into some political group.

And if you have religious freedom why are you so concerned about Muslims taking over and making their religion dominant? At least you can still believe what you want.

"Yeah, because I'd reeeeally want to talk to you..."

Then why are you still arguing with me? Because I'm not taking any of your useless information into account.

"If we have no control over immigration they will become the majority. Our last government let in 3 million new people over a few years. "

Obviously you need restrictions on the number of immigrants you allow in during certain time periods. You do have control over that. Therefore you can regulate it.

"okay so why would we even have immigrants if everyone believed in that?
Because not everyone does."

And they shouldn't.

"why suffer? you basically just called immigrants cowards.
I called those who can't put up with a bit of adversity back home cowards. Get it right."

A "bit" of adversity. You don't know the situation of every immigrant so don't judge.
You're probably so used to having everything go swell for you.

And what if they want to immigrate to your country because they like it and want to live there?

"You love immigration because you're an immigrant and use it as justification. You should mind your own business when it comes to dictating what other countries should do."

And so should you. :P I could care less what anyone's country does besides my own, to be honest. Unless they end up affecting my country, otherwise I don't care, but I can still throw in my opinion.

Albion
09-22-2011, 10:00 PM
And whose talking about mass immigration? You're immigration problems are petty compared to ours.

The percentages aren't that different.

Are you trying to tell me that it's a cesspit because of Bengali and Pakistani immigrants?

Bingo. Stoke ~ Pakistan.

I highly doubt that,

I knew you would.

Maybe, the residents who have always lived there should taken better care of their city before it turned to shit.

They did, it was a very proud city of working class white people who swept up the pavements on their streets and kept the area tidy.
You always know when you're in a immigrant neighbourhood because they're there swarming like flies around shit, the shit being the dump they make the place into.

Don't blame the problems of the city on immigrants, I doubt they make up the entire population.

No, they don't. They just make up the absolute worst areas of a terrible city. The white areas are generally better, some even decent.
Most people in the UK probably wouldn't care if the place was nuked to be honest, I doubt they'd even notice.

Like I said as long as they aren't committing anycrimes, technically they aren't doing anything wrong.

They do commit crimes, a higher percentage than the white people who live there by a fair margin.
Don't even try and tell me it's because they're poor because in this country poor is nothing like in America, they'll still have a house and handouts from the government, their taxes mostly paid. Very few people are genuinely terribly poor here, usually run-aways.

I'm not trying to fight or argue with you, I just stated my opinion and then you attacked me for it.

I attack you for it because I'm sick of that whole argument.

I think this conversation is useless because I'm not changing my views and neither are you.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure there are restrictions on the number of immigrants you let into your country. It won't get out of control if you don't let it.

The problem for a long time was that the last government encouraged a lot of immigration despite huge public and media outcry. They did so because immigrants form a large part of their vote.
It was as if they were trying to get as many new people into the country as possible before the next election.
Most of them aren't good citizens either, immigrants from the roughest areas of Pakistan's mountain tribes, African scammers from Nigeria and assorted bad immigrants.

Only the Poles generally did any good here but they weren't invited by the last government, rather the last government had to let those people in because of Europe's right of abode.
They would have preferred Africans if they could have.

You're basically saying immigration is perfectly fine in my country but in yours or any other countries in Europe it's not.

No, I'm saying the situation is different because Europe is composed of stable ethnic areas whereas America is a mixed bag of many. It would be better for you to preserve it as it is before it gets too bad with all the non-European immigrants coming.

And your country is going to let them? Damn set up some laws and if they get violent deport them, simple as that.

I hope it's not. But even there we are dictated to by left-wing parties which are pro-immigration and the European Court of Human Rights which is very left wing.

Just trying to help. :)

Thanks for the good intentions but please don't.

A Protestant elite... ? Alright whatever you say.

Yeah, WASPS.

Who ever said I was a liberal, you keep calling me a "liberal" to be honest I have no idea what a liberal is and I could care less. I'd rather not be classified into some political group.

Look it up, I'm not a dictionary. The label applies to your views, it may not fit all areas but political labels rarely are a perfect fit, more one size fit's all.

And if you have religious freedom why are you so concerned about Muslims taking over and making their religion dominant? At least you can still believe what you want.

Because they don't believe in religious freedom. Europe has been struggling against them and their attempts to convert us since their religion was founded.

Then why are you still arguing with me?

Because I'm trying to get you to accept that immigration isn't exactly great.

Because I'm not taking any of your useless information into account.

Well you should be for what is the point of you even replying then?

Obviously you need restrictions on the number of immigrants you allow in during certain time periods. You do have control over that. Therefore you can regulate it.

Finally we agree.

A "bit" of adversity. You don't know the situation of every immigrant so don't judge.
You're probably so used to having everything go swell for you.

Everything isn't swell, here's why (long winded reply)...

No, actually I'm not used to everything going swell. My family has struggled for everything, we were dirt poor, it has been getting better over time but we're still fairly poor compared to other people around here.
My farther's family were farmers who were forced out of it due to falling prices and ill health of my grandfather. They ended up in a little terrace with no running hot water, heating and without much food. My grandfather worked a menial job but his health kept deteriorating, my farther took work as a farm labourer and would cycle miles to the farm where he worked at 5 in the morning, followed by school and then back to the farm until around 9 every week day. His weekends were much the same, but with the whole day at the farm. I don't think many school kids do that in America.
Things have got better, welfare is better for those who need it due to sickness or lack of work, but unfortunately some exploit it which fosters resentment from people who do work.
Amongst those who exploit it, the majority are immigrants, mainly muslims with 7 kids.

At the moment there's no jobs being created and high youth unemployment. I left college a few months ago and haven't been able to get work yet, with youth unemployment at 20% it's not surprising.
I haven't gone on welfare, instead on most days I've been at a farm labouring for a couple of months, casual labour. It's crap money for a job which requires a lot of thinking and physical effort especially but I'd rather work for the money than go on welfare if I can help it.

I think we're generally a prosperous family now, but none of it was or still is easy.

And what if they want to immigrate to your country because they like it and want to live there?

If they take on our culture and so long as there isn't too many of them then that's fine.

Jon Snow
09-23-2011, 12:09 AM
You are racist most likely, most people are, you see it's a subconscious thing.

I don't know about you but I like diversity, most people seem to.

:fcrazy:

Whites are always going to be the majority in Europe anyways, so that's why I don't see how other races immigrating there is a big problem.

And you know this how? The current demographic trends sure as hell don't suggest it.

You must be fucking retarded. :smash:

heyaitsme
09-23-2011, 01:25 AM
"You must be fucking retarded."

Last time, I checked I'm not retarded because I don't know what a liberal is. I mean I have an idea of what it is, but I don't associate myself with those types of political groups. I'm an independent party. I don't get involved with it.

heyaitsme
09-23-2011, 02:05 AM
"They did, it was a very proud city of working class white people who swept up the pavements on their streets and kept the area tidy.
You always know when you're in a immigrant neighbourhood because they're there swarming like flies around shit, the shit being the dump they make the place into."

Alright, I can understand this to a point, Some immigrants are like that, but certainly not all are that way. There's also locals who do the same.

"No, they don't. They just make up the absolute worst areas of a terrible city. The white areas are generally better, some even decent.
Most people in the UK probably wouldn't care if the place was nuked to be honest, I doubt they'd even notice."

Maybe it's because they can't afford to live in the nicer areas of the city? So they end up having to live in the slums. I don't know.. but really it isn't the case with all immigrants. Those are the lower class ones.

"They do commit crimes, a higher percentage than the white people who live there by a fair margin.
Don't even try and tell me it's because they're poor because in this country poor is nothing like in America, they'll still have a house and handouts from the government, their taxes mostly paid. Very few people are genuinely terribly poor here, usually run-aways."

Alright, I can understand some of this. Yeah, if they are committing crimes it's unacceptable. Like I said, however not every immigrant is going to go to your country to take advantage of the system and commit crimes.

I think this conversation is useless because I'm not changing my views and neither are you.
"Agreed."
Let's end this.

"The problem for a long time was that the last government encouraged a lot of immigration despite huge public and media outcry. They did so because immigrants form a large part of their vote.
It was as if they were trying to get as many new people into the country as possible before the next election.
Most of them aren't good citizens either, immigrants from the roughest areas of Pakistan's mountain tribes, African scammers from Nigeria and assorted bad immigrants."

"Only the Poles generally did any good here but they weren't invited by the last government, rather the last government had to let those people in because of Europe's right of abode.
They would have preferred Africans if they could have."

Yeah, yeah... some immigrants suck, some local people also suck. The fact is you can't pick and choose with immigration, you get whoever you get, but I doubt that the majority of immigrants to your country are horrible people who want to commit crimes and abuse the system.

"No, I'm saying the situation is different because Europe is composed of stable ethnic areas whereas America is a mixed bag of many. It would be better for you to preserve it as it is before it gets too bad with all the non-European immigrants coming."

America also has stable ethnic areas. Not everyone is mixed.

"A Protestant elite... ? Alright whatever you say.
Yeah, WASPS."

WASPS...?

"Look it up, I'm not a dictionary. The label applies to your views, it may not fit all areas but political labels rarely are a perfect fit, more one size fit's all."

Okay, that's cool but I'm not into politics. I don't consider myself anything of that sort. I have an idea of what it is but I don't care what the exact definition is.

"Because they don't believe in religious freedom. Europe has been struggling against them and their attempts to convert us since their religion was founded."

They are not going to convert you unless you let them. If a Muslim comes up to you and tells you to go to a mosque and wear a turban, it's not like you're going to do it, right?

"Because I'm trying to get you to accept that immigration isn't exactly great."

It isn't exactly a bad thing either.

"Well you should be for what is the point of you even replying then?"

To convince you that immigration isn't exactly bad for a country.

"Everything isn't swell, here's why (long winded reply)..."

Click here to see full text
"No, actually I'm not used to everything going swell. My family has struggled for everything, we were dirt poor, it has been getting better over time but we're still fairly poor compared to other people around here.
My farther's family were farmers who were forced out of it due to falling prices and ill health of my grandfather. They ended up in a little terrace with no running hot water, heating and without much food. My grandfather worked a menial job but his health kept deteriorating, my farther took work as a farm labourer and would cycle miles to the farm where he worked at 5 in the morning, followed by school and then back to the farm until around 9 every week day. His weekends were much the same, but with the whole day at the farm. I don't think many school kids do that in America.
Things have got better, welfare is better for those who need it due to sickness or lack of work, but unfortunately some exploit it which fosters resentment from people who do work.
Amongst those who exploit it, the majority are immigrants, mainly muslims with 7 kids."

This is a touchy subject, I'd rather not get into it. Let me just say that a lot of people have to struggle it's part of life. You're not the only one....Don't take that the wrong way

"At the moment there's no jobs being created and high youth unemployment. I left college a few months ago and haven't been able to get work yet, with youth unemployment at 20% it's not surprising."

The economy is bad here too, it sucks.

"but I'd rather work for the money than go on welfare if I can help it."

I agree with this, I have no respect for those on welfare just so they don't have to work. It's a shame. Don't have nothing to do with immigrants, but it's a shame I am against this, it's greedy.

"I think we're generally a prosperous family now, but none of it was or still is easy."

Welcome to my life, many people don't come from prosperous rich families.

Albion
09-23-2011, 06:47 AM
I suppose I can live with what you've said in this last post.

Ended.