PDA

View Full Version : European immigrants in USA: how do you feel?

Chronos
01-21-2012, 05:30 PM
I was wondering how people feel in general about growing up / immigrating to the "new world'.

As for myself I have mixed feelings. On one hand, yes, there is great opportunity for many endeavors and such, financially speaking. On the other hand there is a lack of spirit and culture which I miss. Maybe its just me, or my nostalgia / introverted-ness speaking, but things seem very superficial in general. My perspective could be different since I went to high school here. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe not. Thoughts?

Do you have any desire to return back ?

Aces High
01-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I could go there tomorrow (the offers on the table) and probably earn three times what i earn here (which is a lot)...but fuck them,i dont want my grandchildren walking through the door with some mexican halfbreed or some nigger half breed puerto rican korean combo.

Worth seeing but not worth going to see...;)

Chronos
01-24-2012, 04:27 AM
I could go there tomorrow (the offers on the table) and probably earn three times what i earn here (which is a lot)...but fuck them,i dont want my grandchildren walking through the door with some mexican halfbreed or some nigger half breed puerto rican korean combo.

I don't know. I have really mixed feelings about what I should do. After i'll be graduating and working, I'll need to have an action plan.

Any other inputs? There must be Europeans here that live in the States.

Contra Mundum
01-24-2012, 04:46 AM
I was wondering how people feel in general about growing up / immigrating to the "new world'.

As for myself I have mixed feelings. On one hand, yes, there is great opportunity for many endeavors and such, financially speaking. On the other hand there is a lack of spirit and culture which I miss. Maybe its just me, or my nostalgia / introverted-ness speaking, but things seem very superficial in general. My perspective could be different since I went to high school here. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe not. Thoughts?

You live in Detroit? That place is a zoo. If you lived for many years in a place like Georgia, Tennessee or Louisiana you be in a place full of culture and spirit. I can say the same for many other parts of the country.

Contra Mundum
01-24-2012, 04:48 AM

Depends what part of the US. Much of America is overwhelmingly white. Certainly much more than London.

Chronos
01-24-2012, 05:01 AM
You live in Detroit? That place is a zoo. If you lived for many years in a place like Georgia, Tennessee or Louisiana you be in a place full of culture and spirit. I can say the same for many other parts of the country.

I live in a suburb of Detroit, predominantly Jewish and some middle class blacks.

Maybe i'm just nostalgic or something. To be honest, the only reason for me to stay here is b/c of the money and the technology sector, which i'm interested in. Then again, this raises the question of what are my priorities in life. The paradox is that i'm so used to life here that i don't know how I would fare if I would return back (I would need some time to adjust). Ehh... too much to think about, i'll probably be daydreaming about this situation for many hours.

Aces High
01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Depends what part of the US. Much of America is overwhelmingly white. Certainly much more than London.

Yes but here in Europe theres always the possibility that it will all pop off again and we can have a bloodbath and thats one party i dont want to miss.

Aces High
01-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I don't know. I have really mixed feelings about what I should do. After i'll be graduating and working, I'll need to have an action plan.

The only benefits i can see are monetary in the sense that you can buy more with your dollar than you can can with your Euro.
I myself am the least money orientated or materialistic person i know so it doesnt interest me......as long as i have enough for cigs,books and booze im as happy as a sandboy.

The education system is pretty good too so i have heard......they have univerisites and not just famous ones that look like olympic villages.
My brother sells a lot of his work in a New York gallery and lives half the year in New England and he loves the place.......i always notice how fat he is though when he comes back.

Siberyak
01-24-2012, 11:08 AM

Hahahahahaha funny joke

Padre Organtino
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Hahahahahaha funny joke

Nah, seriously, London makes Baku look white, lol. That said English countriside is still very homogenous.

Siberyak
01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Nah, seriously, London makes Baku look white, lol. That said English countriside is still very homogenous.

He said many areas in the USA are vast majority white. I am here too tell you that is not true. Our non white population is like at 100 million now.

Contra Mundum
01-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Hahahahahaha funny joke

You obviously haven't traveled much in America.

Contra Mundum
01-24-2012, 12:01 PM
He said many areas in the USA are vast majority white. I am here too tell you that is not true. Our non white population is like at 100 million now.

Yes, and concentrated in certain areas. Outside of the large cities, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Kentucky, eastern Tennessee, New England, Upstate New York, Wyoming, Oregon, Washington are overwhelmingly white as are many other areas like Appalachia, the Ozarks and the Rocky Mountains.

poiuytrewq0987
01-24-2012, 12:05 PM

That's why you hang out with the diaspora community in your city as I do. My parents moved from Macedonia and I was raised here in the US yet I still feel a strong connection to my homeland -- largely thanks to my parents keeping that connection alive. I actually don't mind living here since I can always go visit my families in Macedonia anytime I want to during summers. That means a good 2-3 months back home. 9-10 months in the US and 2-3 months in Europe. I think that is a good deal. :)

Siberyak
01-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes, and concentrated in certain areas. Outside of the large cities, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Kentucky, eastern Tennessee, New England, Upstate New York, Wyoming, Oregon, Washington are overwhelmingly white as are many other areas like Appalachia, the Ozarks and he Rocky Mountains.

some of our whitests states have barely have a million people like Wyoming, new Hampshire, Vermont. While our 2 most populated states California and Texas are majority non white.

Siberyak
01-24-2012, 12:28 PM
You obviously haven't traveled much in America.

I live here. Born and raised. Dont kidd yourself.

Queen B
01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Today's American population is made up by European and African immigration.
Hearing an American whining about that, would be , at least, ironical.

Drawing-slim
01-24-2012, 12:59 PM
That's why you hang out with the diaspora community in your city as I do. My parents moved from Macedonia and I was raised here in the US yet I still feel a strong connection to my homeland -- largely thanks to my parents keeping that connection alive. I actually don't mind living here since I can always go visit my families in Macedonia anytime I want to during summers. That means a good 2-3 months back home. 9-10 months in the US and 2-3 months in Europe. I think that is a good deal. :)
Yes, most if not 100% of balkan immigrants do a good job at keeping the traditions strong and not mixing with any-other races not even other balkanians for the most part, so america works for balkan immigrants i would say.
Plus most people from the balkans in the US i would say plan to end up back home at some point or another anyway.

Siberyak
01-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Come To Greek Town in Chicago Illinois. It is great. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greektown,_Chicago

Contra Mundum
01-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Today's American population is made up by European and African immigration.
Hearing an American whining about that, would be , at least, ironical.

Who is whining about that? The concern is rapid growth in the Mestizo population.

Incal
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I just like the US to visit. I go there each 2-3 months to visit, shop and get some action, that's all. I couldn't live in a country where everything revolves around money.

Aces High
01-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I just like the US to visit. I go there each 2-3 months to visit, shop and get some action, that's all. I couldn't live in a country where everything revolves around money.

What do things revolve around in Peru....apart from TB and pan pipes.....?

Incal
01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
What do things revolve around in Peru....apart from TB and pan pipes.....?

People, family, friends...