PDA

View Full Version : Ignore lists

Loki
01-24-2012, 06:26 AM
If you feel you want to put a member on ignore, just go here:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Staff members cannot be put on ignore, though. Neither can leaders of social groups - but if that is a problem (social group leaders) just message me and I'll see if we can find a solution.

Peasant
01-24-2012, 06:29 AM
http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/1/2217273091-orig.jpg

Loki
01-24-2012, 06:30 AM
http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/1/2217273091-orig.jpg

Har har :D :p

I am only offended by the 'or her' part of the message :P

Grumpy Cat
01-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Only have one person on ignore. Hope it stays that way.

Hurrem sultana
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
i also only have one

poiuytrewq0987
01-27-2012, 03:42 PM
i also only have one

Civis Batavi? :D

Germanicus
01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
I have yet to use my ignore function.:)

Tolleson
01-27-2012, 04:25 PM
My ignore function failed 25 years ago and it still hasn't been fixed! :rofl:

Vasconcelos
01-27-2012, 04:30 PM

Likewise, even if I wanted to ignore someone I wouldn't need to press any button, I'd just not bother reading his/her posts.

zack
01-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Two on ignore

Hurrem sultana
01-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Civis Batavi? :D

Si :D

Bozkurt_Karabash
01-27-2012, 05:55 PM
No one on ignore yet, I would ignore all the Albanians and Armenians if they were not so entretaining.

Arrow Cross
01-27-2012, 10:30 PM
*Lugosi accent*

I am beyond your powers, pitiful mortals. :vampire

Albion
01-27-2012, 11:05 PM
I have never used it despite knowing about it, I like to refute people too much.

Scrapple
01-28-2012, 12:04 AM
During the Armenians are West Asians debate I put all Armenians on ignore because it was funny to see pages of ignored posts. They have since been removed from my ignore list, I don't have anyone currently on ignore.

Leliana
01-29-2012, 01:25 PM
If you feel you want to put a member on ignore, just go here:

Staff members cannot be put on ignore, though. Neither can leaders of social groups - but if that is a problem (social group leaders) just message me and I can fix it.
Could you implement a function which allows to add a group of people to the ignore list at once, like all members who set their country profile information on e.g 'Albania' or 'Turkey'? The board is too full but that's not the primary problem. The problem is that 80% of the posts I face are...awful, trollish and utter bollocks!? :wacko: Most of the authors of these great contributions are of particular nationalities, so you would do me a great favor if you could work that out. :)

Pallantides
01-29-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't have anyone ignore, never felt the need too.
I wonder if someone got me on ignore?

beaver
01-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I have only one person in it.

orangepulp
01-29-2012, 01:40 PM
I am not putting anyone on ignore, never have. When a person says ''I am ignoring you'', it basically means that person is not competent enough to reply back but also does not want to leave the comment unanswered so uses ignore as an excuse.

Zephyr
01-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I think the Ignore function is only needed for people who know they can't resist a flame. :D

safinator
01-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Ignore Lists are boring.

Damiăo de Góis
01-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Likewise, even if I wanted to ignore someone I wouldn't need to press any button, I'd just not bother reading his/her posts.

Same here, i don't even know how to put someone on ignore.

Loki
02-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Same here, i don't even know how to put someone on ignore.

Loki
02-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Could you implement a function which allows to add a group of people to the ignore list at once, like all members who set their country profile information on e.g 'Albania' or 'Turkey'? The board is too full but that's not the primary problem. The problem is that 80% of the posts I face are...awful, trollish and utter bollocks!? :wacko: Most of the authors of these great contributions are of particular nationalities, so you would do me a great favor if you could work that out. :)

No, unfortunately not :)

Grumpy Cat
02-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Hmm... might be a good idea for a vBulletin addon that this code monkey could work on where she is bored.

Absinthe
02-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Noone on ignore list, conversations look weird and out of context when I tried it in the past.

GeistFaust
02-02-2012, 08:23 PM
The people who you should theoretically ignore tend to be the last people you would want to ignore in reality.

SilverKnight
02-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Have only Jack on my ignore list, weirdo, stalker and a waist of time..

Black Sun Dimension
02-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Have only Jack on my ignore list, weirdo, stalker and a waist of time..

liar! im V shaped

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/bodyshape.gif

Drawing-slim
02-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Could you implement a function which allows to add a group of people to the ignore list at once, like all members who set their country profile information on e.g 'Albania' or 'Turkey'? The board is too full but that's not the primary problem. The problem is that 80% of the posts I face are...awful, trollish and utter bollocks!? :wacko: Most of the authors of these great contributions are of particular nationalities, so you would do me a great favor if you could work that out. :)This is leliana's way of saying i love you guys:D
And dont you dare deny it:rolleyes: or else why would you take your time to let us know you hate us, so passionately even:D

"Lie to me" lol

Zephyr
02-03-2012, 01:18 AM

To be fair, everyone picks on albanians just because they are albanians. Truth be told, they are doing better than most of other nations on what preservation is concerned.

Argyll
02-03-2012, 01:19 AM
I only have one- TheBorrebyViking. I thought about putting Aces High on there, but I like seeing the stupid babble he posts. I don't really like putting people on ignore because I like to see what's being said.

Neanderthal
02-03-2012, 01:23 AM
I have only Mordid on my ignore list.:coffee:

Argyll
02-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Noone on ignore list, conversations look weird and out of context when I tried it in the past.

My opinion exactly, except that I only have TheBorrebyViking on my ignore list because I couldn't put up with his trolling any longer. I once fancied putting Aces High on there, but his worthless drabble is quite entertaining.

Drawing-slim
02-03-2012, 01:33 AM
To be fair, everyone picks on albanians just because they are albanians. Truth be told, they are doing better than most of other nations on what preservation is concerned.
"just becuase they're albanians" i'm sure you mean it "just becuase they're the very best"?!

:D:P

Adrian
02-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Leliana i just an indoctrinated girl!

A 20 year old girl should not be so rude, uneducated, frustrated and indoctrinated. I have met many girls from different European nationalities, but like this one I have not ever encountered. About 90% of her messages are similar, hate, hate and hate!
Maybe someone encourages her, but in this way thay only makes the damage to this young girl.

A nearly similar girl that I've encountered once had lack of sex life. After the regulation of sexual life, everything was arranged for her.

This girl has the great chances to lose virginity of my ignore list!

Zephyr
02-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Leliana

Well, she's a very decent girl, in my opinion, that's what matters. :thumbs up

Leliana
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Leliana i just an indoctrinated girl!

A 20 year old girl should not be so rude, uneducated, frustrated and indoctrinated.
You dislike what I say because I'm faithful, strong-minded, religious, educated, literate and hard-edged about what I think and what I believe in. That were the attributes which made Europe and our Christian West great. :) I'm not going to be silent. If you don't like what I have to say then go ahead and ignore me.

Pro deo et patriae!

Kanuni
02-03-2012, 11:33 AM
^Don't you see that my J brothers are owerhelming Europe?

Drawing-slim
02-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Well, she's a very decent girl, in my opinion, that's what matters. :thumbs upShe is allright

Germanicus
02-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Only have one person on ignore. Hope it stays that way.

You can take me off your ignore list now...i'm not pissed off with you anymore.

SilverKnight
02-04-2012, 03:01 AM
gotta love the ignore list, ;)
prevents you from a massive iq downgrade from the dumbest posts/ers out there.

Bozkurt_Karabash
02-08-2012, 09:28 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB-GBJWfgG3l7m_qsfuCBzDyM0qptZgA-MZrTSqRtSYyH80K4J4e_kILlfuQ

gotta love the ignore list, ;)
prevents you from a massive iq downgrade from the dumbest posts/ers out there.

Indeed. “Ignore” is a de-facto “shorten the threads” feature.

On every forum, I remove a number of twenty-something ‘filozofers’ and other assorted yappers who happily and prolifically buzz about everything under the sun.

As a result, some threads are twice as short. Verily, I say into you, thou shall cut your heaven from them.

Liberty Forum also had the so-called “flag” feature - where you could flag somebody to what you think would be of interest. A must feature, I’d say. Unfortunately, this forum doesn’t have it; very few joints do.

Svipdag
02-10-2012, 07:31 PM
If someone submits a post which annoys me, I note it but do nothing. If it happens again, I consider ignoring him/her. A third offense earns a place on my IGNORE list from which names are rarely ever removed. Any personal attack on me leads immediately to permanent IGNORE status.

I don't argue with dolts nor engage in flaming contests.

"NEMO ME IMPVNE LACESSIT." - (the national motto of Scotland)

+Suomut+
02-17-2012, 12:38 AM
I have never used it despite knowing about it, I like to refute people too much.Lemmie write/tell y'all: one time nearly 10 years ago on Skadi I bitched and whined to Thorburn about some a-hole or a-holes I hated over there at the time (I don't remember who they were), and I was essentially petitioning him to do something about them; and since he really didn't want to get involved, he simply told me to add them to my Ignore List...to which I replied (non-verbatim): "to hell with that!, I'm not turning my back on these a-holes...blah, blah, blah." Well after nearly a decade and since I was in my early-30s then and now I'm in my early-40s, I've CHANGED my position on Ignore Lists since then, now I DO! use them and with a RELISH. I just simply DO NOT have TIME anymore for A-HOLES and BULLSH#T. (:-| Most of this just has to do with TIME-MANAGEMENT and PIECE OF MIND (I love sleeping GOOD at night whenever I can), and the OLDER one gets the more 'time FLIES!', o' course. :cool:
Most of the authors of these great contributions {sarcasm} are of particular nationalities, so you would do me a great favor if you could work that out. :)I'm like you with this also, although I'd like to see it with regard to NON-CAUCASOIDS!. (:-| I didn't join this forum to 'hangout' with THEM. If I wanted to hangout with THEM, all I'd have to do, simply, is walk down the streets of my area; which I do all the time and that is ENOUGH! for this racist 'honkey-cracker' (me). (:-|
I wonder if someone got me on ignore?See, to my knowledge...this is something only Staffers (or at least CERTAIN Staffers) can observe. You get to know who YOU put on YOUR 'Ignore List,' but you don't have a "Who Has Ignored YOU List" to consult--that sucks; but again, that's another FLAW of this software by VBulletin...that is, unless the Administration here has DISABLED that kind of feature/List in their Admin. Control Panels (just like NEGATIVE rep. pts. are currently disabled)...that's a topic Loki could reply on if he wishes. ;)
The people who you should theoretically ignore tend to be the last people you would want to ignore in reality.Nah, there are people I know in my 'physical life' whom I've shunned and refuse to have anything to do with, period, and those persons are not necessarily my 'enemies.' Now, you're writing about those persons who are HORRIBLE enemies, who are out to murder one, physically assault one, steal from one, or working to put one in jail/prison, etc.--that all is a DIFFERENT story, of course, 'those' are the enemies one is FORCED to face (if one is brave enough to do that), sadly. :cool:

+Suomut+
02-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Well, she's a very decent girl, in my opinion, that's what matters....AMEN! and :thumbs . :)
You dislike what I say because I'm faithful, strong-minded, religious, educated, literate and hard-edged about what I think and what I believe in. That were the attributes which made Europe and our Christian West great. I'm not going to be silent. If you don't like what I have to say then go ahead and ignore me. Pro deo et patriae!...AMEN SISTER!!! :thumbs :) When you write like this, you make me wish you were my DAUGHTER! :D ;) Maybe I should be your 'Godfather'...even if I'm not a Roman-Christian (and for your information I AM! the 'Godfather' to my nephew, who IS! a Roman-Christian just like you :) )--ask your parents, lol, haha. :swl
gotta love the ignore list,
prevents you from a massive iq downgrade from the dumbest posts/ers out there....OH YES! :thumb001:
Indeed. “Ignore” is a de-facto “shorten the threads” feature. On every forum, I remove a number of twenty-something ‘filozofers’ and other assorted yappers who happily and prolifically buzz about everything under the sun. As a result, some threads are twice as short. Verily, I say into you, thou shall cut your heaven from them....AMEN TO YOU TOO!, HEAR!, HEAR!! :thumbs :)
If someone submits a post which annoys me, I note it but do nothing. If it happens again, I consider ignoring him/her. A third offense earns a place on my IGNORE list from which names are rarely ever removed. Any personal attack on me leads immediately to permanent IGNORE status. I don't argue with dolts nor engage in flaming contests.I operate very similarly to you. I have a low tolerance level for such a-holes and their b. s.

Comment: I've already told Loki that it's a DAMNED SHAME! that the VBulletin software engineers to date and to my knowledge have no version wherein a *BLOCKING FEATURE!* like exists on Facebook, wherein members can SHUT DOWN!!! interaction COMPLETELY and SHUT OUT!!!! other members BOTH WAYS!!!...which is SUPERB!!!...whereas on these vBull. boards (from this version all the way back in time) the great failing is the 'Ignore List' which only solves problems for users ONE WAY rather than BOTH WAYS; i. e. the A-HOLE user you want NOTHING TO DO WITH STILL!!! gets to VIEW YOUR STUFF!! while you have their stuff cutoff. :thumb down These VBull. boards very well may be 'history' with most users/folks in the future if they don't rectify things/features like this, because THANK GOD! the OLD! days on the internet of GOOD/DECENT users putting up with BULLSH#T! from 'A-HOLE JERKS' who you will NEVER SEE in 'physical life' are rapidly coming to an END. (:-|

Moreover and IMPORTANTLY: it has long been my opinion writing as a REAL racist/subracist/nationalist/ethnicist MOVEMENT(S) man that these web fora like Stormfront, Skadi, T. A., et al., et al. have LONG been absolutely PLAGUED by certain 'ethereal' hell-raising, divisive, sh#t-stirring, 'mind/view influencing' ANTI!-race, ANTI!-subrace, ANTI!-nation, ANTI-ethnic individuals and groups of individuals, who show up to do their 'duty to mankind' to WIPE OUT! any and all of us who are LOYAL! to our RACE or our SUBRACE or our NATION(S)/ETHNICITY(-IES). I can think of ONE such "agent provocateur" on this site right now who 'operates' along these lines, and if I owned and operated this Forum I'd JACKBOOT! her ass OUT OF HERE! with a RELISH!, but I don't own this place, so that's not my privilege.

The above all written: I have several JERKS on my Ignore List, and I shall certainly be adding more in the future. Any and ALL Negroids, Mulattoes, Orientals, Eurasians, and anyone else I personally deem to be 'NON-CAUCASIOD' shall also be added to my I. L. as I happen to encounter them in the course of my surfing, because I am NOT HERE FOR THEM. (:-| I'm frankly not here for Leftists and 'liberals' either, but I'm generally willing to read what they have to write if they are WHITE!/EUROPID! and are NOT RACE/SUBRACE/NATION/ETHNIC-TRAITORS!; again, as I personally 'deem' their 'treasons' to be if they happen to, Heaven-forbid, have any. (:-|

FIRST AND FOREMOST: I'm here for my FRIENDS!, none of whom shall ever make my I. L., a. k. a. 'Sh#t List' :) ; and to them I bid a *HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY!* :food-smiley-004: .../thine M. :yo:

Aemma
02-17-2012, 01:06 AM
If someone submits a post which annoys me, I note it but do nothing. If it happens again, I consider ignoring him/her. A third offense earns a place on my IGNORE list from which names are rarely ever removed. Any personal attack on me leads immediately to permanent IGNORE status.

I don't argue with dolts nor engage in flaming contests.

"NEMO ME IMPVNE LACESSIT." - (the national motto of Scotland)

I seriously could never see this happening to you, Svipdag. A member would have to be right out of their bloody mind to want to personally attack you. You're one of the sanest and most level-headed people here! :)

Lotuse
12-18-2013, 06:57 PM
The ones who are in the ignored list are they available to stock people home pages or enter a thread you just made? can a serious person answer me or a mod..??? i need to some add some folks to my ignoring list because i don't have a good reputation with them since i 've met them in another forums.......

Hŕkon
12-18-2013, 07:01 PM
The ones who are in the ignored list are they available to stock people home pages or enter a thread you just made? can a serious person answer me or a mod..??? i need to some add some folks to my ignoring list because i don't have a good reputation with them since i 've met them in another forums.......

Members on your ignore list will still be able to access the threads you make and your profile, yes.

Ianus
12-18-2013, 07:03 PM
I don't have intention to use ignore list, i don't like this system, even for people that i dislike.

bimo
12-18-2013, 07:07 PM
putting someone in ignore list is coward attitude

arcticwolf
12-18-2013, 07:12 PM
LOL
I have not put any one on ignore list or intend to. Same goes for thumbs down, not given one to any one, no matter how silly they are. haha
Unlike you emotional kiddies I respect the freedom and may not agree with you but will defend your right to express your opinions.
I can't hear you is not a part of my emotional make up. LOL

Svipdag
12-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Members on your ignore list will still be able to access the threads you make and your profile, yes.

I think that this is unfortunate.

Han Cholo
12-19-2013, 05:48 PM
It's pointless to ignore. You still read them when people quote the bullshit they write.

Unless you mentally ignore them, and then you wouldn't need an ignore button.

Caismeachd
12-19-2013, 06:10 PM
It would be nice to ignore people and not see any reference to them at all. Such as topics they create.

Caismeachd
12-27-2013, 01:34 AM
It's pointless to ignore. You still read them when people quote the bullshit they write.

Unless you mentally ignore them, and then you wouldn't need an ignore button.

It would make the forum less cluttered and we could find and respond to topics we'd actually be interested in rather than weed through a bunch of nonsense.

Prisoner Of Ice
12-31-2013, 07:58 AM
Yeah it's not so much not liking someone as spamtardedness that overwhelms the forum from a couple users.