PDA

View Full Version : Children tracked by sat nav to stop bad behaviour

Skandi
04-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Children will be tracked by satellite on public transport and encouraged to spy on their friends and report bad behaviour, under a pilot scheme by the Welsh Assembly.

More (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/technologynews/5205662/Children-tracked-by-sat-nav-to-stop-bad-behaviour.html)

I am not even going to comment :taped-shut::shakefist

Tabiti
04-27-2009, 04:34 PM
There have always been little dirty "reporters" among children and adults to encorage them. I don't want to imagine what will happen with some technical help

Groenewolf
04-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Spy on their friends. So much for trust.

Treffie
04-27-2009, 10:00 PM
What? :eek: Seems like recruiting kids to spy on others is the way forward - they should be supplying them with SS armbands.

SwordoftheVistula
04-28-2009, 03:42 AM
Seems rather unnecessary...just throw the troublemakers off the bus and let them explain to their parents why they need to be picked up out in bfe...

Beorn
04-28-2009, 12:20 PM
It seems like a good idea to me.

The swipe cards look to be a positive step forward to tackling truancy and the crime that truants reek upon daytime shopping centres.

My only doubt would be the cost of the whole enterprise. Do the parents have to fork out for the card, or does the scheme provide the cards for free?

The scheme include 'Bus Angels' aged 14 and above, who covertly report incidents of bad behaviour,

Good idea!

Reminiscent of the head boy/girl and prefect system in British schools.
I can't see how snooping and reporting little shits to the nearest teacher is a bad thing.

We need to stamp out the thuggish and criminal activities hard.