PDA

View Full Version : Hello eveybody!

Jarl
04-27-2009, 09:00 PM
I have been visiting this forum as a guest several times before and decided to join in. I am Polish (by majority of my ancestors), though currently living in Britain, and some of you might know me from Biodiversity, Anthroforum or even from the old Skadi. Btw. I am glad to see some people here, in this slightly less hardcore environment ;) Those that do know me, are probably aware of the fact that my interests focus mainly on history of Central Europe, physical anthro and genetics. Long time ago, on HBF, I instigated a little debate over Coon, races and typology and, as there is still a lot of BS circling around the internet, I thought that perhaps I might contribute here a little too... if time permits.

Loki
04-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Hello there Jarl! :)

Welcome to The Apricity, hope you enjoy our company.

Do I know you from the ooold Skadi? :D I can remember all the Slav-Germanic fights we had on there. Hors/Ross was there, Prodigal Son, The Blonde Beast, Polak and many other. Those were fun times.

Jamt
04-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Welcome Jarl!

Bloodeagle
04-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Welcome.

Beorn
04-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I was just going to ask if you were Polak. It seems not.

Anyway, hello and welcome to the Apricity. :)

The Lawspeaker
04-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Witam, Jarl
Welcome aboard!

Aemma
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Welcome here Jarl. I'm glad that you have found us. :) It seems that you recognise former acquaintances/friends--excellent! :thumb001: Well please make yourself at home, poke around some more and jump in and have fun!

I'm looking forward to reading your posts given your particular interests. I hope to learn a lot from you. :)

Cheers for now!...Aemma :)

Treffie
04-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Nice to see you here Jarl - looking forward to your lively debates! :thumb001:

Osweo
04-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Howdo!

I must say though, why did you choose a Norse name? What's wrong with your own word for similar people? What would it be - Wojewod or summat?

Birka
04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Welcome Jarl.

Absinthe
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Many welcomes from an old Skadite :p

Æmeric
04-27-2009, 10:56 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/Aemeric/HelloSmiley444.gif

Thorum
04-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Welcome!!!

Rainraven
04-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Welcome to The Apricity! :D

Lady L
04-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Welcome :wave

Vulpix
04-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Welcome Jarl :)!

I like your subrace :D!

Psychonaut
04-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Welcome! I do recognize you from AF, where I'm always happy to see your (perhaps old) avatar:

http://www.pimpyourfinances.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/bill.jpg

Jarl
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Howdo!

I must say though, why did you choose a Norse name? What's wrong with your own word for similar people? What would it be - Wojewod or summat?

It is short and that's why I like it. Originally there was also Sigvald, after the name of a Jomsborg jarl. Once I read a semi-historical novel by a Danish author (F.G. Bengtsson) about Danish vikings in X century and featured several historical figures like Harald Bluetooth, Styrbjörn Sterki, Thorkel the High. I enjoyed it a lot, and thought it would be a good idea to adopt one of these historical names as a nick name on a, after all, predominantly Germanic forum. It was supposed to be a little friendly gesture... and then it stuck. And then I got kicked out for alleged "anti-Germanic retardism", or some similar thing. I don't know how about you people, but I quickly get used to petty things. If I like something I will keep it - just like my nickname.

Welcome! I do recognize you from AF, where I'm always happy to see your (perhaps old) avatar:

Damn! That movie is one of the best ever, and that character (and actor) is absolutely outstanding. But don't worry! I am not a Viking-WASP wannabe, germanophilic convertite... there is no deeper philosophy in this.

Hello there Jarl! :)

Welcome to The Apricity, hope you enjoy our company.

Do I know you from the ooold Skadi? :D I can remember all the Slav-Germanic fights we had on there. Hors/Ross was there, Prodigal Son, The Blonde Beast, Polak and many other. Those were fun times.

:) You might do... although my "career" there was short indeed. I got kicked after getting into some disputes over Gdansk-Danzig and other good old Polish-German stuff. That was quite predictable. However, it might be worth mentioning that I first found out about Skadi and Dodona through SNPA. I started from genetics and human inheritance, and then, through an oldschool Polish anthro website I came across SNPA. Was/Is it one of you who has been running that website all the time? Or was it more Dodona-associated?

Loki
04-28-2009, 09:59 AM
And then I got kicked out for alleged "anti-Germanic retardism", or some similar thing.

Let me guess ... from Skadi? :D

Jarl
04-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Let me guess ... from Skadi? :D

Yeah! It was either Eternitas or Zyklops or somebody else... I cannot remember now. Definitely it was too hot in there. Later I joined as an "Englishman", with a different nick name and had a little dispute with a strongly bolshevizing person named "Barin". But to my amazement, in the end, they cut out most of the discussion. For some reason it did not suit their taste.

Welcome Jarl :)!

I like your subrace :D!

Well... it is not only you! ;) Here in England, 80-90% of time they take me for a Dane or a German, or South African. I do not live up to the "East Euro" standard coz I don't look like a builder nor have a strong accent, ha ha!

Vulpix
04-28-2009, 10:07 AM
However, it might be worth mentioning that I first found out about Skadi and Dodona through SNPA. I started from genetics and human inheritance, and then, through an oldschool Polish anthro website I came across SNPA. Was/Is it one of you who has been running that website all the time? Or was it more Dodona-associated?

We are proud to host SNPA (http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/) on our servers :). If you want to know more about its history you should ask Loki :wink.

Maelstrom
04-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the forum. It looks like you'll settle in here just fine. :thumb001:

Jarl
04-28-2009, 10:18 AM
We are proud to host SNPA (http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/) on our servers :). If you want to know more about its history you should ask Loki :wink.

Good job! Although very typological, it has loads of excellent online resources. It would be a loss to have it removed permanently. It is also good that SNPA relies on several authors and publications, and does not put too much emphasis on Coon's ideas.

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you'll
settle in here just fine. :thumb001:

Thank you! I do not see a reason why I shouldn't ;)

Ladejarlen
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Another Jarl huh?:P Welcome to the forum

Elveon
05-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Welcome to the forum;)

Atlas
05-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Welcome Jarl !

Vargtand
05-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Welcome :)