PDA

View Full Version : Italy's Osaka consul Mario Vattani is leader of fascist band Sotto Fascia Semplice

The Ripper
01-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Rome - Italy's Foreign Ministry has refused to comment on reports that the country's consul-general to Osaka, Japan, has been ordered back to Rome to face a disciplinary hearing over his alleged performances as the singer of a neo-Fascist rock band.

The ministry 'does not express any comment in relation to reports today by news agencies relating to the disciplinary case against the Consul-General in Osaka, Mario Vattani,' it said in a statement issued Sunday.

The statement noted how Foreign Minister Giuliomaria Terzi di Sant'Agata had on December 29 deferred Vattani to the ministry's disciplinary commission and had instructed that it proceed 'rapidly' in the case.

The minister's decision followed newspaper reports which revealed that Vattani, 45, besides his diplomatic career, was also the leader of a rock group which performed at gatherings attended by far-right sympathizers.

Footage of Vattani - his sleeves rolled back to reveal heavily tattooed arms - singing at a concert organized by the far-right group CasaPound has also surfaced on the internet.

At one stage, he can be heard shouting purportedly in favour of the Italian Social Republic - an entity founded with the help of Nazi Germany near the end of World War II by Benito Mussolini after the dictator had been deposed by Italy's King Victor Emmanuel II.

Many of the youths attending the concert are shown engaged in the stiff-armed Fascist salute.

Vattani, who is the son of a long-serving top Foreign Ministry official, served from 2008 to 2011 as diplomatic aide to Rome Mayor Gianni Alemanno, himself a member of the now defunct post-fascist Italian Social Movement.

SOURCE: monstersandcritics.com

http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news23408.html

:wink

Peyrol
01-25-2012, 12:39 PM
This is the problem: there aren't one big fascist movement in modern Italy...but about 20 different movements/parties...and the paramilitary organization of Vattani is another one of these...

The Ripper
01-25-2012, 07:57 PM
This is the problem: there aren't one big fascist movement in modern Italy...but about 20 different movements/parties...and the paramilitary organization of Vattani is another one of these...

It is much the same all over. Do you think the situation might change or does it look like it will continue like before? I would imagine CPI has been able to recruit from beyond the circle of the already converted?

Bard
01-25-2012, 10:55 PM
I managed to listen to his band, Vattani is a terrible singer :p

Ouistreham
01-25-2012, 11:05 PM
I managed to listen to his band, Vattani is a terrible singer :p

No. NO. He is a great poet, with the best possible vocal capabilities for the kind of poetry he writes.

Actually his musical group is one of my fave bands on the world scene.

I fell in love with Vattani's music a couple of years back. And I had the joy and honour to meet him two years ago.

I have no favourable prejudice for anything Italian (I am French), but I have learnt their language, I have a pretty good knowledge of this country's history and culture, and I want you to believe me, this man is a superior artist Italy should be proud to have as a diplomat in Japan.

Just listen to this:
uZ9Bp7KMX6Y

Or this one:

93Y4IvGzFTQ

Without forgetting this one:

l4cELLNxLE4

Bard
01-25-2012, 11:08 PM
I like this music genre, but I found him quite lacking of talent.

Right now I cannot listen to the song you have posted, but I will do it as soon as I can, maybe I will change my opinion about his musical talent.

Peyrol
01-26-2012, 01:47 PM
It is much the same all over. Do you think the situation might change or does it look like it will continue like before? I would imagine CPI has been able to recruit from beyond the circle of the already converted?

The problem is that CP continues to say "we aren't a political party or movement, we are only a cultural one".

The Ripper
01-29-2012, 11:09 AM
The problem is that CP continues to say "we aren't a political party or movement, we are only a cultural one".

I heard that they will field a candidate for the mayor of Rome?