PDA

View Full Version : What goes on in the mind of a sniper?

microrobert
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
What goes on in the mind of a sniper?

A young cowboy from Texas who joined the elite US Navy Seals became the most deadly sniper in American history. In a book published this month he provides an unusual insight into the psychology of a soldier who waits, watches and kills.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16544490

Bobby Six Killer
01-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Cool article

TheBorrebyViking
01-27-2012, 04:58 AM
He sounds cool, the Israelis probably falsified their stories(Not 100% sure, but these people never have issues killing before, why must their snipers?) though.

Aces High
01-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Snipers arent some sort of loner with a roving mission to kill,they are people from a normal infantry section who are sent/volunteer to go on a snipers course.....same as some people are sent on a medics course etc.

When the situation demands it they get their rifle from the armoury and instead of winkling out people with a bayonet from hosues they are put or choose a location some distance away to cover the area.

You cant join the army to be a sniper....you are just an infantry tom with a qualification and skill.

One saved my life at little big horn when i got an arrow through the knee.

TheBorrebyViking
01-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Snipers arent some sort of loner with a roving mission to kill,they are people from a normal infantry section who are sent/volunteer to go on a snipers course.....same as some people are sent on a medics course etc.

When the situation demands it they get their rifle from the armoury and instead of winkling out people with a bayonet from hosues they are put or choose a location some distance away to cover the area.

You cant join the army to be a sniper....you are just an infantry tom with a qualification and skill.

One saved my life at little big horn when i got an arrow through the knee.

Here in America you can make it part of your Contract to go to sniper school, you'll just most likely drop out, and if you do pass, you most likely won't be one. I know a sniper who's MOS is 88 mike(Truck driver).

Aces High
01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Here in America you can make it part of your Contract to go to sniper school, you'll just most likely drop out,

Well they promise all sorts of things in the British army too to the cannon fodder as bait.
Then when you get in they have you doing real army work....like sweeping up puddles and painting grass green etc.

The British army sniper course is supposed to be very hard going with a massive drop out rate,a mate of mine did it and from what i remember at the end of a months training you have a two week test period where you have to get into a certain area undiscovered and two targets come up in two weeks.
so you have to lie there night and day...rain wind or hail waiting for two targtes to pop up and you have to get them both....taking into account wind...elevation etc for your calculations.....not easy.....then you ahve to get out of the area again without being discovered.

All for an extra tuppence a day......British army mega pay rates that havent changed since the Napoleonic wars.

Aces High
01-29-2012, 07:26 PM
The best sniper i have seen.

9ieWrWLjii0