PDA

View Full Version : What has Western Culture come to?

TheBorrebyViking
01-27-2012, 01:32 AM
I see so many people attacking vets for fighting in wars, why is this? It's not the vets who started the war. It seems like it's still a trend to have the vets, and not to hate the government that started the war. The vets did fuck all to start this most of the time. It seriously pisses me off. I had someone tell me on facebook that the guys that "I was only 19" was based on deserved it, and any real person who had to deal with that deserved it.

Seriously, why do people think like this?

Mercury
01-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Who is actually attacking vets? I don't see this behavior in American society.

TheBorrebyViking
01-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Who is actually attacking vets? I don't see this behavior in American society.

A lot of buttmad liberal types. When I was in court onetime, there was a kid in front of me who helped dispose of evidence in a case where some kid went and beat a Vietnam vet to death for supporting that war. Vets are shit upon by lots of people in the east coast states, and most of the west coast states.

Mercury
01-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Well I have to say I've never personally witnessed such behavior, even on the internet, from the Left. I have seen users on the Mises board, and other extreme Libertarian forums, refer to American soldiers as 'murderers' before, but they are fringe even among libertarians.

TheBorrebyViking
01-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Well I have to say I've never personally witnessed such behavior, even on the internet, from the Left. I have seen users on the Mises board, and other extreme Libertarian forums, refer to American soldiers as 'murderers' before, but they are fringe even among libertarians.

I see it all the time living around military areas, there are a lot. Texas is the most solider friendly place I've been. My stepdad came back from R and R, and he was in uniform(he just got off the plane), we went to eat and our meal was paid for by the owner of the place(it was like 250 dollars worth of food).

I should note it's not mostly left or right-wings, it's hippies and faggots that do it. Right here is a serious song, from some guys who are slightly left(they are considered more right-wing now) :

dwCvgQuMKO8

Before someone comes and says they were a joke, Choke has said this song was seriously in support of vets.

SwordoftheVistula
01-27-2012, 05:47 AM
It's extremely rare nowadays, only the most extreme of the left. It's a welcome change from the Vietnam era. However, you do still see a lot of that attitude directed at German WWII soldiers, even on the right, I still see some 'conservatives' criticize Reagan for visiting a cemetery where SS veterans were buried..

The Lawspeaker
01-27-2012, 05:50 AM
"Western ?" --- I am sorry. It must be an American problem because it doesn't happen here.

TheBorrebyViking
01-27-2012, 05:52 AM
It's extremely rare nowadays, only the most extreme of the left. It's a welcome change from the Vietnam era. However, you do still see a lot of that attitude directed at German WWII soldiers, even on the right, I still see some 'conservatives' criticize Reagan for visiting a cemetery where SS veterans were buried..

It's really bad here in the Springs, and some other areas around military bases too.

SwordoftheVistula
01-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Maybe it's certain places where university towns which draw a lot of leftists are near military bases?

The only people I ever see like that are the occasional online crank

TheBorrebyViking
01-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Maybe it's certain places where university towns which draw a lot of leftists are near military bases?

The only people I ever see like that are the occasional online crank

It's pretty much like that, or MMJ friendly towns/states, like this one.

The Lawspeaker
01-27-2012, 06:09 AM
SPMtZnstQAI

Bijna 1800 militairen en enkele civiele medewerkers hebben 1 oktober 2010 in Den Bosch de Herinneringsmedaille Vredesoperaties ontvangen voor hun inzet tijdens de ISAF-missie in Afghanistan. Koningin Beatrix reikte de onderscheidingen uit aan een aantal van hen. Twaalf militairen kregen uit haar handen het Draaginsigne Gewonden.

De gedecoreerden behoren tot de laatste lichting die tot 1 augustus 2010 deel uitmaakte van de Task Force Uruzgan, de Air Task Force en ondersteunende eenheden.

Some 1800 soldiers and some civilian participants (who worked alongside the troops) have been rewarded in Den Bosch with a memorial medal on 1 October 2010 because of their contributions in Afghanistan.

H.M the Queen personally handed over the medals to some of them. Twelve soldiers received the wound badge.

Those that received the medals were part of the last group of the Task Force Uruzgan, the Air Task Force and supporting units until 1 August 2010.

So: not a Western problem.. but again an American one.

Smaland
01-27-2012, 07:08 AM
I see so many people attacking vets for fighting in wars, why is this? It's not the vets who started the war. It seems like it's still a trend to have the vets, and not to hate the government that started the war. The vets did fuck all to start this most of the time. It seriously pisses me off. I had someone tell me on facebook that the guys that "I was only 19" was based on deserved it, and any real person who had to deal with that deserved it.

Why? Indoctrination. They're taught to go beyond legitimate criticism of the government, and to blame veterans themselves for starting a war.

But I do think that we've come back a lot from the Vietnam War, when this type of feeling was more widespread.

If you want to watch a movie that touches on this issue during the Vietnam era, watch the film Hamburger Hill (1987) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_Hill). If you're feeling too cheerful, this movie will bring you right back down to earth.

Post from another thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224984&postcount=22)

TheBorrebyViking
01-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Why? Indoctrination. They're taught to go beyond legitimate criticism of the government, and to blame veterans themselves for starting a war.

But I do think that we've come back a lot from the Vietnam War, when this type of feeling was more widespread.

If you want to watch a movie that touches on this issue during the Vietnam era, watch the film Hamburger Hill (1987) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_Hill). If you're feeling too cheerful, this movie will bring you right back down to earth.

Post from another thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224984&postcount=22)

That's a great movie. Vietnam was a very horrible war, and they were treated like shit. What pisses me off is faggot guys in the military who claim "they seen shit" cause they seen an I.E.D go off and never seen anyone die, just some shards of shit in people. I know like this, claims PTSD and says he's going bald because of it. He also told a guy who couldn't walk and was missing an arm that he was just as badly wounded when we had a wounded warriors dinner, I about lost it, the badly wounded guy did too. I have forever since called that guy a faggot(and a pussy), and I would support someone treating him like shit.

SwordoftheVistula
01-27-2012, 07:15 AM
What's MMJ?

I lived in a couple liberal cities (NYC & Boston) and never saw anyone be negative to soldiers

That's a great movie. Vietnam was a very horrible war, and they were treated like shit. What pisses me off is faggot guys in the military who claim "they seen shit" cause they seen an I.E.D go off and never seen anyone die, just some shards of shit in people. I know like this, claims PTSD and says he's going bald because of it. He also told a guy who couldn't walk and was missing an arm that he was just as badly wounded when we had a wounded warriors dinner, I about lost it, the badly wounded guy did too. I have forever since called that guy a faggot(and a pussy), and I would support someone treating him like shit.

That's a good point. Also, it gets ridiculous when anyone who's ever been in the military calls himself a 'veteran'. You should at least have to have served in a war/combat zone to call yourself that, even if you are in communications or something that is not front line combat.

TheBorrebyViking
01-27-2012, 07:17 AM
What's MMJ?

I lived in a couple liberal cities (NYC & Boston) and never saw anyone be negative to soldiers

Med Mary Jane. It's got some mumbo-jumbo scientific name, but not even the hippies use it.

mimzy
02-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I'd never attack a vet but I don't have any respect for their profession. Why should I?

TheBorrebyViking
02-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd never attack a vet but I don't have any respect for their profession. Why should I?

Because, at one point they weren't all under ZOG, they protected our nations from invaders and such.

Hevneren
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
No such thing as "Western culture".

Aviane
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM

Western culture is to me any country that's especially under British rule is apart of it.

Yes alot of people connected to the Western culture are still practicing these methods while been in the army.

So much for the poor vets some even get discrimation just for nothing, so much for me when I joined briefly into the army.

I didn't really like what when one with us vets and one day I spoke out against them and we charged at them because they where taking our human rights.